• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I decided to name Bomberman's supporters.

Be sure to click yes on the poll to join the Bombers!

Though jaytalks's idea to call them the Bomberfans wasn't bad at all.

EDIT: We've made it to 7 pages! And to only think this had 3 when I wanted to take over.

D

Deleted member

WAHOO! HAPPY NEW YEAR, BOMBERS!

May Bomberman's support continue into 2014!

D

Deleted member

Too bad i can't actually do this. lol But it's the happy new year image for Bomba Mahn!
Whoa! That image is freaking awesome!

I don't think that I would participate myself. Surprisingly, while I am the owner of this thread, I am admittedly bad at Bomberman games. XD I don't think that I would last long in a tournament.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Whoa! That image is freaking awesome!

I don't think that I would participate myself. Surprisingly, while I am the owner of this thread, I am admittedly bad at Bomberman games. XD I don't think that I would last long in a tournament.
I wouldn't either. lol

But it's old anyway. I really wish i was able to participate back when it was a thing.

D

Deleted member

I forgot to mention that I played Bomberman Generation yesterday. I only played 1-1 and 1-2 and the game is rather fun. I find the Charabom Pokemon battles to be a bit random, but I do like how the game looks and plays. I guess you can say that I am having a blast! Hahaha!
I wouldn't either. lol

But it's old anyway. I really wish i was able to participate back when it was a thing.
It was old? Aww, I kinda got hopeful for some surprise announcement by Hudson or Konami. :(

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well it does say Bomberman Live on it. Lol

I just thought of something, by the by. If there's a reveal on the week Smash stars getting pic of the day again, they should totally start the new year off with a literal blast! (I'm implying Snake also)

D

Deleted member

I just thought of something, by the by. If there's a reveal on the week Smash stars getting pic of the day again, they should totally start the new year off with a literal blast! (I'm implying Snake also)
Bomberman deserves more than just a measly pic; he should have a movie to go along with his reveal, like Rosalina and the other characters.
But if he does get revealed, it would probably be one of the happiest days of my life. While I would be excited to see Little Mac, Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Shulk, or Mewtwo get revealed, I think that I would be excited for Bomberman getting confirmed more than the other characters in my sig. They all deserve to get into Smash and I would be hyped to see them, but they lack the absolute nostalgia that I have with Bomberman.

I do have an idea of what his video should be like, but I'll share that tomorrow… or later on today.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well of course he'd get a video. I just meant when Sakurai starts updating again. It would be great to get our resident explosives expert (Snake or Bomberman respectively) into the game to start off the year.

D

Deleted member

Well of course he'd get a video. I just meant when Sakurai starts updating again. It would be great to get our resident explosives expert (Snake or Bomberman respectively) into the game to start off the year.
I would love to see Bomberman get confirmed. It would be one of the happiest days of my life! It would be fitting too with the New Year's.

Last edited by a moderator:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Got a few ideas. One, i don't know if this was brought up but Bomberman's bombs could explode in the iconic cross blast from the games. It would set them apart from the other explosives in the game. (Except for the X-Bomb of course)

Anyway, i'm expanding on the Bomb Factory idea.

The stage takes place in the area. However, bombs will spawn and bricks will also drop from the sky onto a spot on the arena. The bricks can be used as platforms along with the bombs. Unfortunately the bombs will have full power and will cover the entire distance of the stages. The bomb factory will resemble it's appearance in Bomberman Live.

Stage Music:
Bomberman Theme
Normal Battle (Bomberman Blast)
Vs. Boss (Super Bomberman)
Redial (Bomberman Hero)
Landlord (Bomberman Hero)
Crush Bombers Battle (Bomberman Generation)
Arena Zone (Wario Blast)
Area 3 (Super Bomberman)
Bomberman 64 Main Theme
Black Forest (Bomberman 64)
Battle With Sirius (Bomberman 64)
Angel (Bomberman 64 The Second Attack)
The Five Dastardly Bombers (Super Bomberman 2)
Vs. Wario (Wario Blast)
Main Theme of Bomberman Generation

D

Deleted member

Got a few ideas. One, i don't know if this was brought up but Bomberman's bombs could explode in the iconic cross blast from the games. It would set them apart from the other explosives in the game. (Except for the X-Bomb of course)

Anyway, i'm expanding on the Bomb Factory idea.

The stage takes place in the area. However, bombs will spawn and bricks will also drop from the sky onto a spot on the arena. The bricks can be used as platforms along with the bombs. Unfortunately the bombs will have full power and will cover the entire distance of the stages. The bomb factory will resemble it's appearance in Bomberman Live.

Stage Music:
Bomberman Theme
Normal Battle (Bomberman Blast)
Vs. Boss (Super Bomberman)
Redial (Bomberman Hero)
Landlord (Bomberman Hero)
Crush Bombers Battle (Bomberman Generation)
Arena Zone (Wario Blast)
Area 3 (Super Bomberman)
Bomberman 64 Main Theme
Black Forest (Bomberman 64)
Battle With Sirius (Bomberman 64)
Angel (Bomberman 64 The Second Attack)
The Five Dastardly Bombers (Super Bomberman 2)
Vs. Wario (Wario Blast)
Main Theme of Bomberman Generation
I'll be sure to include this in the original post! As well as include some of the music that I missed.

Actually, think that a cool gimmick would be every explosion from any bomb, Smart Bomb or Link's Bombs, in the Bomberman stage should leave a "+" sign like in the Bomberman games.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Oh, hey, the topic has new ownership. And is active again. I posted a moveset a while ago, I found it in the topic. Add to the first post if you like.

General:

This Moveset attempts to capture the strategic feel of the Bomberman games (both classic and new). It is based mostly on the Classic NES title and Bomberman 64, my two favorite titles in the series.

To keep Bomberman balanced, I feel his bombs need to be somewhere in between Link's bombs and Bomb-Ombs in terms of knockback (Possibly reaching Bomb-Omb strength if pumped). He should also be limited to approximately 3 bombs on screen at once (including remote bombs).

Special Moves:

Standard Special: Bomb Kick
Bomberman's most iconic move. While he's over a bomb Bomberman's kicks it in the direction he's facing. But here's where it gets intersting: This doesn't only work for his own bombs - it works for all bombs. He should be able to kick Link's bombs, Megaman's Crash Bomber (if it's on the ground), X-Bombs and other bombs including items without them exploding on impact. The Kirby version of this move would be similar to his Olimar power in that he automatically puts down a bomb and kicks it.

Side Special: Bomb Toss/Bomb Pump
Based on Bomberman 64 where Bomberman could "pump" his bombs. Normally this move would just throw a bomb in a lazy arc, but if used over a bomb (This time it has to be Bomberman's) he will "pump" the bomb making it stronger, larger and giving it a bigger blast radius. The drawback to pumping a bomb is that it gets heavier and therefore will go less distance when thrown or kicked with each successive pump. Naturally, there's a limit to how much a bomb can be pumped. It is important to note that Bomberman's bombs won't hurt him (save for when the Villager pockets them to use against him or if they are reflected).

Down Special: Remote Bomb/Detonator
Similar to Snake's Down Special from Brawl, though arguably more strategic. This bomb will look mostly like a Bomberman's normal bombs and can be picked up, thrown and kicked. It can be used in conjunction with his other bombs, but would be unable to be pumped.

Up Special: Bomb Jump
Also based on Bomberman 64 where Bomberman couldn't jump and one had to use bombs creatively to explore the multiplayer arenas. Simply put, he places a bomb below him and lets the explosion carry him upward. In the air this would be a meteor smash.

Final Smash:
I have two ideas here - one is more creative and one I feel is far simpler to implement.

Final Smash Idea 1: Bomberman Classic
For a short amount of time (I guess however long Warioman stays transformed) Bomberman gains the classic bombs from his NES title. These do very large amounts of damage and will explode in pillars of fire in all four directions (three if they detonate on the ground). This includes his remote bombs. These bombs can also not be pumped. The Pillars of fire will also appear on any of his non-special moves involving his bombs. Bomberman should also be immune to damage during this time.

Final Smash Idea 2: Death Bomb
(Not sure if that's what they're called) Bomberman summons a giant bomb which deals massive damage and knockback. Essentially an instant kill if it can't be avoided.

Smash Moves:

Forward Smash:
To avoid similarity to Mario's Side Smash this will not involve an explosion. It should be some sort of punch.

Down Smash:
Bomberman detonates two bombs - one either side of him.

Up Smash:
Bomberman thrusts a bomb upward and detonates it.

It is important to note that bombs used in the smashes are not treated as projectiles.

Grabbing & Throwing:

Forward Throw:
Bomberman should through his opponent weakly and follow up immediately with a bomb.

Backward Throw:
Bomberman should through his opponent weakly and follow up immediately with a bomb.

Downward Throw:
Bomberman throws his opponent on the ground, tosses a bomb after them and then kicks them downward again as they bounce up from the explosion.

Upward Throw:
Bomberman uppercuts his opponents and follows up with handstand kick. (No bombs here, I feel they may be getting played out by this point).

Aerial Moves:

Neutral Aerial:
Bomberman pulls out a bomb and detonates it while holding it close to himself.

Forward Aerial:
???

Back Aerial:
???

Upward Aerial:
???

Downward Aerial:
???

Basic Moves:

Combo:
This should be something along the lines of 2-3 weak punches/kicks and ending with a quick bomb.

Forward Tilt:
???

Upward Tilt:
???

Downward Tilt:
???

Dash Attack:
???

Moves noted as "???" are done so because they probably shouldn't involve bombs and I'm getting into the territory of very generic attacks.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
In my thoughts on bombs, I felt that that feature was best localised to the Napalm/Lava Bomb, representing its standard pillars of fire explosion in a less game altering way and allowing the other bombs to maintain their more modern blast radius style.

D

Deleted member

Oh, hey, the topic has new ownership. And is active again. I posted a moveset a while ago, I found it in the topic. Add to the first post if you like.

General:

This Moveset attempts to capture the strategic feel of the Bomberman games (both classic and new). It is based mostly on the Classic NES title and Bomberman 64, my two favorite titles in the series.

To keep Bomberman balanced, I feel his bombs need to be somewhere in between Link's bombs and Bomb-Ombs in terms of knockback (Possibly reaching Bomb-Omb strength if pumped). He should also be limited to approximately 3 bombs on screen at once (including remote bombs).

Special Moves:

Standard Special: Bomb Kick
Bomberman's most iconic move. While he's over a bomb Bomberman's kicks it in the direction he's facing. But here's where it gets intersting: This doesn't only work for his own bombs - it works for all bombs. He should be able to kick Link's bombs, Megaman's Crash Bomber (if it's on the ground), X-Bombs and other bombs including items without them exploding on impact. The Kirby version of this move would be similar to his Olimar power in that he automatically puts down a bomb and kicks it.

Side Special: Bomb Toss/Bomb Pump
Based on Bomberman 64 where Bomberman could "pump" his bombs. Normally this move would just throw a bomb in a lazy arc, but if used over a bomb (This time it has to be Bomberman's) he will "pump" the bomb making it stronger, larger and giving it a bigger blast radius. The drawback to pumping a bomb is that it gets heavier and therefore will go less distance when thrown or kicked with each successive pump. Naturally, there's a limit to how much a bomb can be pumped. It is important to note that Bomberman's bombs won't hurt him (save for when the Villager pockets them to use against him or if they are reflected).

Down Special: Remote Bomb/Detonator
Similar to Snake's Down Special from Brawl, though arguably more strategic. This bomb will look mostly like a Bomberman's normal bombs and can be picked up, thrown and kicked. It can be used in conjunction with his other bombs, but would be unable to be pumped.

Up Special: Bomb Jump
Also based on Bomberman 64 where Bomberman couldn't jump and one had to use bombs creatively to explore the multiplayer arenas. Simply put, he places a bomb below him and lets the explosion carry him upward. In the air this would be a meteor smash.

Final Smash:
I have two ideas here - one is more creative and one I feel is far simpler to implement.

Final Smash Idea 1: Bomberman Classic
For a short amount of time (I guess however long Warioman stays transformed) Bomberman gains the classic bombs from his NES title. These do very large amounts of damage and will explode in pillars of fire in all four directions (three if they detonate on the ground). This includes his remote bombs. These bombs can also not be pumped. The Pillars of fire will also appear on any of his non-special moves involving his bombs. Bomberman should also be immune to damage during this time.

Final Smash Idea 2: Death Bomb
(Not sure if that's what they're called) Bomberman summons a giant bomb which deals massive damage and knockback. Essentially an instant kill if it can't be avoided.

Smash Moves:

Forward Smash:
To avoid similarity to Mario's Side Smash this will not involve an explosion. It should be some sort of punch.

Down Smash:
Bomberman detonates two bombs - one either side of him.

Up Smash:
Bomberman thrusts a bomb upward and detonates it.

It is important to note that bombs used in the smashes are not treated as projectiles.

Grabbing & Throwing:

Forward Throw:

Backward Throw:

Downward Throw:
Bomberman throws his opponent on the ground, tosses a bomb after them and then kicks them downward again as they bounce up from the explosion.

Upward Throw:
Bomberman uppercuts his opponents and follows up with handstand kick. (No bombs here, I feel they may be getting played out by this point).

Aerial Moves:

Neutral Aerial:
Bomberman pulls out a bomb and detonates it while holding it close to himself.

Forward Aerial:
???

Back Aerial:
???

Upward Aerial:
???

Downward Aerial:
???

Basic Moves:

Combo:
This should be something along the lines of 2-3 weak punches/kicks and ending with a quick bomb.

Forward Tilt:
???

Upward Tilt:
???

Downward Tilt:
???

Dash Attack:
???

Moves noted as "???" are done so because they probably shouldn't involve bombs and I'm getting into the territory of very generic attacks.
I will add this to the original post! Also, do you want me to add you as a supporter?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I love Bomberman so much. I was obsessed with Bomberman as a kid. I remember once in Nintendo Power that Bomberman got second in this award category of Best Hero. He got second since he only saved the world, while some hero (I think it was Fox) got first because he had saved the whole Lylat System. I thought it was crap since Fox needed an Arwing to do it, while Bomberman just needed his bombs. I also loved drawing Bomberman, main because he was such as easy video game character to draw.

What's everyone's favorite Bomberman game? I loved Bomberman 64 a whole lot, but my favorite has been Bomberman Blast for the Wii.

D

Deleted member

What's everyone's favorite Bomberman game? I loved Bomberman 64 a whole lot, but my favorite has been Bomberman Blast for the Wii.
Bomberman 64. I didn't make it far… at all. But, I have fond memories of that game and it is the reason why I absolutely love Bomberman.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Personally, I rarely have a large number of people wanting to multiplayer with me so I prefer games with a quality story mode, making 64 the definite favourite.
I looked up blast and it looks like it's basically Generations plus as regards its multiplayer so that seems great but no story is a big deterrent for me.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Bomberman 64 and The Second Attack were tied for my second favorite. My favorite multiplayer game is Atomic Bomberman. That game is intense.

I also love how Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64 The Second Attack are good examples of how to make a darker game with characters from a more family friendly franchise. (Although Bomberman 64 had a lot of blatant character deaths)

D

Deleted member

Personally, I rarely have a large number of people wanting to multiplayer with me so I prefer games with a quality story mode, making 64 the definite favourite.
I looked up blast and it looks like it's basically Generations plus as regards its multiplayer so that seems great but no story is a big deterrent for me.
I've played Bomberman 64's multiplayer with people before and it's pretty fun! I did play Bomberman Blast online and I suck at it. XD It's still a pretty good game though!

I also love how Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64 The Second Attack are good examples of how to make a darker game with characters from a more family friendly franchise. (Although Bomberman 64 had a lot of blatant character deaths)
Yeah. Bomberman 64: The Second Attack was especially dark. It reminds me of Kirby in a way where it seems light-hearted at first, but it then suddenly becomes a bit darker.

D

Deleted member

I really wish this was real.
I wish that was real too. Almost anything new related to Bomberman will make me happy. I'm just frightened that it could end up being another Act Zero situation.

D

Deleted member

There is a part of me that really wants to email this thread to Konami to show how much we love Bomberman and how much we hope to see him again in the future. It's not just about Smash to me; it's about reviving a beloved hero who is having a depressing absence.
The other part of me says that I am wasting my time and that they won't look at this.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I dont really worry about Bomberman getting another title. Although it sucks its been awhile since we got a new game, I think that its such strong IP that they have to release some type of online digital game for this next generation of consoles.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
My final smash idea is ready, been piecing it together in my head all week. Feel free to add it to my moveset spoiler:

Final Smash - Danger Cannon: A large cannon rises from the bottom of the screen until the operational section's base rests just above the stage in the background. The sound it makes is that of the cannon's emergence in Super Mario 64 but, make no mistake, this is not that cannon. This cannon's appearance is styled after those in the multiplayer of various games such as Bomberman Generations. Once it has fully risen, Bomberman will hop stylishly from the stage into the turret seat, then angling it up towards the top of the screen and every bomb he has placed will go off immediately. From here, the player may control the crosshair's left/right location before pressing any button to shoot. This will launch two middle-sized bombs in rapid succession, only for them to combine at the top of their arc into a Dangerous Bomb. This is a bomb roughly 4.5 times the diameter of Bomberman's standard bombs with a skull across the front and it falls slowly indeed. On the off chance that it collides with a player, they will take medium damage and huge knockback. More importantly, though, the eye sockets of the bomb will glow when it makes contact with the stage, signalling the imminent explosion. When this happens, a pulse of fire about 1.5 Bomberman widths long and 0.8 widths wide will be sent out in all 4 directions from the middle of the bomb, trailing an aftereffect in the air and shooting out a new pulse at a right angle to the first approximately once every stagebuilder block width. Note that these new pulses will not spawn more since to do so would be unnecessary to produce the desired crosshatched pattern of a traditional Bomberman level. These pulses don't move too fast but they're faster than the bomb was and will change play across the entire stage when in effect. If a player is hit by them, they will take massive damage and medium knockback in the direction of the pulse, making sure they are lined up to be hit by it again and potentially pushing them all the way past the stage's blast zones. Once all the fire pulses have cleared the screen, the afterimage fades away and Bomberman hops back to his previous position on the stage, cannon sinking back down behind him.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Add me to the support list, SuperBrawler! I've been so caught up in stuff I haven't checked this. Also, my computer won't let me change my sig at the moment.

D

Deleted member

My final smash idea is ready, been piecing it together in my head all week. Feel free to add it to my moveset spoiler:

Final Smash - Danger Cannon
: A large cannon rises from the bottom of the screen until the operational section's base rests just above the stage in the background. The sound it makes is that of the cannon's emergence in Super Mario 64 but, make no mistake, this is not that cannon. This cannon's appearance is styled after those in the multiplayer of various games such as Bomberman Generations. Once it has fully risen, Bomberman will hop stylishly from the stage into the turret seat, then angling it up towards the top of the screen and every bomb he has placed will go off immediately. From here, the player may control the crosshair's left/right location before pressing any button to shoot. This will launch two middle-sized bombs in rapid succession, only for them to combine at the top of their arc into a Dangerous Bomb. This is a bomb roughly 4.5 times the diameter of Bomberman's standard bombs with a skull across the front and it falls slowly indeed. On the off chance that it collides with a player, they will take medium damage and huge knockback. More importantly, though, the eye sockets of the bomb will glow when it makes contact with the stage, signalling the imminent explosion. When this happens, a pulse of fire about 1.5 Bomberman widths long and 0.8 widths wide will be sent out in all 4 directions from the middle of the bomb, trailing an aftereffect in the air and shooting out a new pulse at a right angle to the first approximately once every stagebuilder block width. Note that these new pulses will not spawn more since to do so would be unnecessary to produce the desired crosshatched pattern of a traditional Bomberman level. These pulses don't move too fast but they're faster than the bomb was and will change play across the entire stage when in effect. If a player is hit by them, they will take massive damage and medium knockback in the direction of the pulse, making sure they are lined up to be hit by it again and potentially pushing them all the way past the stage's blast zones. Once all the fire pulses have cleared the screen, the afterimage fades away and Bomberman hops back to his previous position on the stage, cannon sinking back down behind him.
Alright! I will add this to your moveset in the OP!

I dont really worry about Bomberman getting another title. Although it sucks its been awhile since we got a new game, I think that its such strong IP that they have to release some type of online digital game for this next generation of consoles.
Good point, though I can't help but be scared for the little guy.

Add me to the support list, SuperBrawler! I've been so caught up in stuff I haven't checked this. Also, my computer won't let me change my sig at the moment.
SuperBrawler? You've got me confused with him. :p
Also, I believe that I added you to the support list. I do that as long as you say "Yes" in the poll.
(if you say "No", then you make me very, very sad…)

D

Deleted member

Remember in Kid Icarus: Uprising when you fought a boss that was pretty much like Bomberman?
Skip to 10:30

I would be pretty happy if the inspiration for that boss was Bomberman. Since that game is a Sakurai game, it would make me happy knowing that he did have the character on his mind while designing this boss.

D

Deleted member

Phew should have LampOilerman and Roperman a salts :troll:.
But I don't want them as alts, my friend… even if I did, I don't have enough Rupees Rubees. I better add them as alts when I'm a little, hmm… RICHER!

D

Deleted member

Oh boy…
Tomorrow we will see more Pics of the Day… *shivers with fear*

For now though, I have found some short gameplay footage of the cancelled Bomberman 3DS game.
From the looks of it, it seems as though this game was going to use the gameplay style of Bomberman Generation and Jetters with the classic 2D Bomberman gameplay for multiplayer. It's a shame this game got cancelled as I bet it would have been fun.

Top Bottom