• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I posted this a while back, but since we have new owner I'd like to show it again. Like Mega Man, I do not believe Bomberman should throw punches. As such, here is my moveset:
Bomberman

Bomberman can create a maximum of three bombs at a time.

A - Bomb (creates Bomb, holds in hand). Small damage with creation.
A - (While holding bomb) Throws bomb, no explosion until fuse ignites.
A tilt - Throw Bomb farther (explosion)
A while running - Leave Bomb behind while doing a shove motion in front.
A tilt - Throw Bomb up (explosion
A down - Kick. Can kick bombs on the ground to make the explode.
A down (while holding a bomb) roll bomb.

Special:
Neutral: (no bomb) Boxing Glove Punch (Can knock away projectiles)
Neutral: (bomb) Pump it up! Enlarges bomb. The larger the bomb, the hard to throw.
Forward: (no bomb) Side Rocket
Foward: (bomb) Throw bomb farthest
Up: Rocket (drops bomb if holding it.
Down: Remote bomb (created). Do the command once more to drop. Drops regular bombs if created.

Smash attacks:
A up (while holding a bomb): Mega explosion. Throws bomb up, creating large than normal explosion.
A up: Miniture explosion. Use minature bomb to create an explosion in his hand.
A forward: (while holding a bomb): Mega explosion. Throws bomb forward, creating large than normal explosion.
A forward: Miniture explosion. Use minature bomb to create an explosion in one his hand, like Mario.
A down (while holding a bomb): Mega explosion. rolls bomb on the ground, creating large than normal explosion.
A down: Kick fest: Does a spinning kick that launches opponent or any bombs around him.

Aerial Attacks:
If holding bomb
A Throw
A foward: far throw
A up: Up bomb throw
A down: Lower bomb throw

No bomb
A: Create bomb
A : Kick
A Kick flip
A: Double kick toward ground.

Throws:
Nothing special about throws

Final Smash:
Bombs Away! (Bomberman sudden death mode)
Bombs are dropped from the sky. Bomberman turns into a ghost and can jump on any of his opponent to control their movement for a short time. From Bomberman 64.

D

Deleted member

No problem, glad you like it. ;)
Like it? I LOVE IT!
BTW, do you want me to add you to the support list?
I posted this a while back, but since we have new owner I'd like to show it again. Like Mega Man, I do not believe Bomberman should throw punches. As such, here is my moveset:
Bomberman

Bomberman can create a maximum of three bombs at a time.

A - Bomb (creates Bomb, holds in hand). Small damage with creation.
A - (While holding bomb) Throws bomb, no explosion until fuse ignites.
A tilt - Throw Bomb farther (explosion)
A while running - Leave Bomb behind while doing a shove motion in front.
A tilt - Throw Bomb up (explosion
A down - Kick. Can kick bombs on the ground to make the explode.
A down (while holding a bomb) roll bomb.

Special:
Neutral: (no bomb) Boxing Glove Punch (Can knock away projectiles)
Neutral: (bomb) Pump it up! Enlarges bomb. The larger the bomb, the hard to throw.
Forward: (no bomb) Side Rocket
Foward: (bomb) Throw bomb farthest
Up: Rocket (drops bomb if holding it.
Down: Remote bomb (created). Do the command once more to drop. Drops regular bombs if created.

Smash attacks:
A up (while holding a bomb): Mega explosion. Throws bomb up, creating large than normal explosion.
A up: Miniture explosion. Use minature bomb to create an explosion in his hand.
A forward: (while holding a bomb): Mega explosion. Throws bomb forward, creating large than normal explosion.
A forward: Miniture explosion. Use minature bomb to create an explosion in one his hand, like Mario.
A down (while holding a bomb): Mega explosion. rolls bomb on the ground, creating large than normal explosion.
A down: Kick fest: Does a spinning kick that launches opponent or any bombs around him.

Aerial Attacks:
If holding bomb
A Throw
A foward: far throw
A up: Up bomb throw
A down: Lower bomb throw

No bomb
A: Create bomb
A : Kick
A Kick flip
A: Double kick toward ground.

Throws:
Nothing special about throws

Final Smash:
Bombs Away! (Bomberman sudden death mode)
Bombs are dropped from the sky. Bomberman turns into a ghost and can jump on any of his opponent to control their movement for a short time. From Bomberman 64.
I saw this earlier. However, I didn't want to add it to the original post without your consent.
But anyways, this is an awesome moveset! I'm NOW going to add this to the original post!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
BTW, do you want me to add you to the support list?
While I definitely do support Bomberman, I don't really go in for the whole support list thing, unless they added me without asking I'm not on any other lists, and I don't have one for my thread, so thanks, but I'll pass.

D

Deleted member

While I definitely do support Bomberman, I don't really go in for the whole support list thing, unless they added me without asking I'm not on any other lists, and I don't have one for my thread, so thanks, but I'll pass.
Alright then!
Thanks once again for the banner!

D

Deleted member

Nice thread. I remember when I used to support him back in 2009. :)

D

Deleted member

Nice thread. I remember when I used to support him back in 2009. :)
Thanks! I am going to keep expanding this thread more!

I've supported him for a very long time. It has always been a dream of mine to see Mario, Sonic, and Bomberman fight in a battle. Just seeing that in any Smash Bros. would make my life.

D

Deleted member

Merry Christmas, fellow Bombers!

I wanna show you guys a little comic from Germany as it relates to Bomberman and the holidays. It's from an official Nintendo magazine called Club Nintendo and the comic translates to "Wario's Christmas Tale" and someone translated it. It's basically A Christmas Carol, but with Nintendo. I'll link to you all of the pics if you wanna have a small little read:

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I wish konami would just sell bomberman to nintendo seeing as how they clearly have no use for him

D

Deleted member

I wish konami would just sell bomberman to nintendo seeing as how they clearly have no use for him
Same. I just want to see something get done with the series!

While I am against the idea of giving a third party IP to Nintendo (while saying giving Mega Man to Nintendo sounds good on paper, I bet Nintendo wouldn't know what to do with him), I am not against Nintendo owning Bomberman. One of their first parties, Nd Cube, has numerous employees from Hudson Soft, so I bet that they can make a sweet Bomberman game (some employees even helped make Bomberman 64)! Besides, if Bomberman is owned by Nintendo, then that would mean if he gets in a Smash Bros., he would be a shoo-in for every game.

Smash aside, I just wanna see something get done with the series. I am nervous that Konami owns the license now after THIS abomination happened:
[COLLAPSE=IT'S HIDEOUS!]

[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

I think Konami knows not to mess with the old Bomberman.
If I see another Act Zero, this video would represent my feelings:
I just HOPE that they don't mess this up. Bomberman is in desperate need right now.

D

Deleted member

Wanna know something a bit embarrassing? Well, despite me owning this support thread, I have never played the GameCube Bomberman games. :( However, I am going to get Bomberman Generation soon, so this should remedy that. :D
I mostly played the N64 ones; Bomberman 64, Hero, and The Second Attack are all amazing games that I recommend you play. Hopefully I will like Generation.

Oh! I need someone who can help me with this! I need someone who can make some Bomberman palette swaps, please. I want to put them in the original post.

EDIT: If you want to know where I got the title of this thread from, a video has now been linked. :)

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
My Moveset Idea:

B: Throw Bomb : The Bombs will grow different sizes. Small, Medium, and Power Bomb. You can charge them while running around.
> B: Bomb Kick: You can use this move in the air and on the ground. This attack is the only one that can move bombs that have already been placed.
V B: Detonate : This move Bomberman will detonate all of the bombs on screen with a remote.
^ B: Jetpack : Bomberman will pull out his trusty Jetpack and fly upward.
Final Smash: Revenge : Bomberman will fly upward with a power bomb and get in his revenge cart and spam the button to send bombs flying downward onto opponents.

Taunt 1: Bomberman will wave his arm saying: "I did it!"
Taunt 2: Bomberman will highfive the air.
Taunt 3: Bomberman will juggle bombs.

D

Deleted member

My Moveset Idea:

B: Throw Bomb : The Bombs will grow different sizes. Small, Medium, and Power Bomb. You can charge them while running around.
> B: Bomb Kick: You can use this move in the air and on the ground. This attack is the only one that can move bombs that have already been placed.
V B: Detonate : This move Bomberman will detonate all of the bombs on screen with a remote.
Final Smash: Revenge : Bomberman will fly upward with a power bomb and get in his revenge cart and spam the button to send bombs flying downward onto opponents.

Nice moveset! I'll add this to the original post! I like the Revenge Final Smash, too.
EDIT: Wow… these updates sure are weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Merry Christmas, fellow Bombers!

I wanna show you guys a little comic from Germany as it relates to Bomberman and the holidays. It's from an official Nintendo magazine called Club Nintendo and the comic translates to "Wario's Christmas Tale" and someone translated it. It's basically A Christmas Carol, but with Nintendo. I'll link to you all of the pics if you wanna have a small little read:

What I find funny is, sadly, the comic's prediction is kind of correct. All the kids by Mario games, and there's barely any more popular Wario games.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My Moveset Idea:

You basically copied the moveset from SSF2. :p
But that's fine, that's kinda how I imagine it too, it's a pretty simple playstyle that could help him control the stage.

D

Deleted member

You basically copied the moveset from SSF2. :p
Oh. Well then, I might get rid of the moveset if it's copying another.
What I find funny is, sadly, the comic's prediction is kind of correct. All the kids by Mario games, and there's barely any more popular Wario games.
I almost got Game & Wario this year, but I didn't like how it drifted off from the Microgame formula. (I think only one game actually had them) Instead, I bought DKCR3D and Kid Icarus: Uprising.
However, I did get Wario Land: Shake It! and Wario World for Christmas.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Oh. Well then, I might get rid of the moveset if it's copying another.

I almost got Game & Wario this year, but I didn't like how it drifted off from the Microgame formula. (I think only one game actually had them) Instead, I bought DKCR3D and Kid Icarus: Uprising.
However, I did get Wario Land: Shake It! and Wario World for Christmas.
Shake It!! is fun, I haven't got Wario World yet, but it looks cool. My main point is Wario's adventures are slowly fading into obscurity, and Mario's still in the spotlight. And to think, Mario used to rule the home consoles and Wario the handhelds!

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
The First Assist Trophy idea!

SIRIUS

Sirius flies around dropping bombs from above. Randomly flies into the opponents. In the final attacks he will charge a giant laser and then fire it.

D

Deleted member

Well SSF2 is fun!
Sorry, but I have to get rid of the moveset.

The First Assist Trophy idea!

SIRIUS

Sirius flies around dropping bombs from above. Randomly flies into the opponents. In the final attacks he will charge a giant laser and then fire it.
But I will add in this!

Shake It!! is fun, I haven't got Wario World yet, but it looks cool. My main point is Wario's adventures are slowly fading into obscurity, and Mario's still in the spotlight. And to think, Mario used to rule the home consoles and Wario the handhelds!
Wario World is pretty fun, but it's a rather short game… like Luigi's Mansion short.
Well you can't stop Mario, now can you? Wario needs more games from the Wario Land series; I'm a bit upset that his games are now mostly the WarioWare games.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Wanna know something a bit embarrassing? Well, despite me owning this support thread, I have never played the GameCube Bomberman games. :( However, I am going to get Bomberman Generation soon, so this should remedy that. :D
I mostly played the N64 ones; Bomberman 64, Hero, and The Second Attack are all amazing games that I recommend you play. Hopefully I will like Generation.
64 and Hero were great games and, while more cheesy childish, Generations wasn't bad either. The Charabomb aspect, however, was a little unexpected and bizzare, since practically all the explanation of it was in The Second Attack, a game I have yet to get hold of.

Oh! I need someone who can help me with this! I need someone who can make some Bomberman palette swaps, please. I want to put them in the original post.
Palette swaps should be Black (the original rival bomber), Gold (the champion's icon in the multiplayer mode of various games like Generations and Atomic Bomberman) and Red and Blue for team play, even if Blue Bomber would cause problems with Megaman's dumb nickname. As for green team, give them a full on Max costume (you'll understand why after Generations).

D

Deleted member

64 and Hero were great games and, while more cheesy childish, Generations wasn't bad either. The Charabomb aspect, however, was a little unexpected and bizzare, since practically all the explanation of it was in The Second Attack, a game I have yet to get hold of.

Palette swaps should be Black (the original rival bomber), Gold (the champion's icon in the multiplayer mode of various games like Generations and Atomic Bomberman) and Red and Blue for team play, even if Blue Bomber would cause problems with Megaman's dumb nickname. As for green team, give them a full on Max costume (you'll understand why after Generations).
Yeah. I saw a review of Generation and the Charabom aspect of the game looks like some watered-down Pokemon battle.

Of course they should! But… I am no Photoshop expert, so I can't make the palette swaps on my own! Hahaha!
:(

Last edited by a moderator:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
He would be a great addition to Smash and would fit better than Snake. However, his series is just not as important as MGS to Konami.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
That blue is the wrong shade and what's with the pink and yellow bomber?

Oh and on the subject of Act Zero, wouldn't it be funny if they included a cartoony, chibified and cell shaded version of the main character from that as an alternate costume?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Interesting image i discovered. lol
This is a true dream match up. The only problem is that we have too many MANs in the roster then. lol

That blue is the wrong shade and what's with the pink and yellow bomber?

Oh and on the subject of Act Zero, wouldn't it be funny if they included a cartoony, chibified and cell shaded version of the main character from that as an alternate costume?
I remember seeing a thing somewhere where soemone made that an ALT costume for Bomberman in the fake Brawl Dojo profile.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The amount of replies has exploded!

Seriously, I don't really get this many in a day!

The palette swaps for Bomberman already exist. lol

I don't know who made the image. lol

Also, heres some more music. (Still missing A LOT of Super Bomberman tracks lol)
Level 2 (Super Bomberman)
Level 3 (Super Bomberman)
Level 5 (Super Bomberman)
Ending (Super Bomberman)
The Five Dastardly Bombers (Super Bomberman 2)
Battle 1 (Super Bomberman 2)
Dark Bomber/Bagura (Bomberman Wars) - I had to upload this one myself
Boss Battle (Wario Blast)
Fire Zone (Wario Blast)
Arena Zone (Wario Blast)
I will put the music and the palette swaps in the original post! Thank you!

He would be a great addition to Smash and would fit better than Snake. However, his series is just not as important as MGS to Konami.
Bomberman deserves respect from Konami and he's earned it. If nothing happens, I will actually start a movement to get some action for Bomberman; I am dead serious.

Interesting image i discovered. lol
This is a true dream match up. The only problem is that we have too many MANs in the roster then. lol
Mega Man, Bomberman, Pac-Man… so many mans indeed. Still a fantastic image though.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna start my essay tomorrow for Bomberman. Also, the original post now has some pictures in it for almost every single section.

No. I don't even want to think about Act Zero. It's a giant shame to the Bomberman franchise and I highly question why it was created. To attract a larger audience? Why? I feel as though that game's existence is pointless. I didn't even buy the game and I am ticked off with it. The only thing that makes me remotely enjoy Act Zero is this video:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I love Bomberman. One of my favorite games a little kid.

As much as I would love to see him, I just don't see him actually happening.

D

Deleted member

I love Bomberman. One of my favorite games a little kid.

As much as I would love to see him, I just don't see him actually happening.
While I hate to admit that I don't see him happening for this game, I think that there can be some hope for him in the next one and future Smash games. It just depends how everything plays out in this one.

Top Bottom