• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser, Grab release thread [Flayl is a boss]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well then, that's good.

Actually idc since I only do jump release stuff for some reason. It's easier to do imo

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Well then, that's good.

Actually idc since I only do jump release stuff for some reason. It's easier to do imo

It is much easier, especially since if you mess up you don't get punished as badly. However doing the chaingrab gives about 20% more going fully across FD depending on how many jabs you do into what move, and also, doing a grab release fair at the ledge is much more effective then a grab release fair from the middle of the stage :D

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
I've been messing around with Bowser for a while and I'm now just getting into this grab releasing business (Not a huge fan of it myself). I have a question though: Is it just me, or is the window of opportunity for regrabbing a character after they've been ground released extremely small?

Grab > Headbutt > Headbutt > *ground released* > dash grab > Miss > Seph: "****."

MrEh

Smash Hero
I've been messing around with Bowser for a while and I'm now just getting into this grab releasing business (Not a huge fan of it myself). I have a question though: Is it just me, or is the window of opportunity for regrabbing a character after they've been ground released extremely small?

Grab > Headbutt > Headbutt > *ground released* > dash grab > Miss > Seph: "****."
The window of opportunity depends on the character.

For someone like Link? Easy.

For someone like Falcon? Hard.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Ok and I have another question. Is the release grab trickery really that beneficial to Bowsers game? Like...if I want to take Bowser seriously is this something that I must learn?

Any good Bowser players want to shed some light on this?

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Because at the very least you'll do some good damage to them if you don't kill them(with some moves). And hey, free damage is free damage if you ask me.

I personally don't rely on it to kill people, but I throw some in when I can just to mix things up and keep the opponent guessing about WHEN I'll throw one in.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
And yet another question.

It says that if you are grab jabbing an opponent they will ground release (that applies to ALL characters). However, it says that in order for a character like Metaknight to ground release he needs to be mashing while you are grab jabbing him. If the Bowser was grab jabbing him, why would he need to mash out in order to ground release when it was already stated that grab jabbing on opponent forces them to ground release anyways?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
And yet another question.

It says that if you are grab jabbing an opponent they will ground release (that applies to ALL characters). However, it says that in order for a character like Metaknight to ground release he needs to be mashing while you are grab jabbing him. If the Bowser was grab jabbing him, why would he need to mash out in order to ground release when it was already stated that grab jabbing on opponent forces them to ground release anyways?
On EVERY CHARACTER, if they mash out just as your grab jabbing them, then they auto ground release

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Ok and another question (I bet yall are pullin your hair out XD sorry).

Sometimes when I grab an opponent and bash them I can grab them right away when they ground release (Like...I don't even need to dash first), and sometimes I cannot. Is this dependant on % or diminishing returns? Also, if you can't grab an opponent right away when they ground release, is it guaranteed that you can regrab them by doing a dash grab instead?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ok and another question (I bet yall are pullin your hair out XD sorry).

Sometimes when I grab an opponent and bash them I can grab them right away when they ground release (Like...I don't even need to dash first), and sometimes I cannot. Is this dependant on % or diminishing returns? Also, if you can't grab an opponent right away when they ground release, is it guaranteed that you can regrab them by doing a dash grab instead?
What you did was a standing CG. I'm not sure if it depends on % but it happens a lot to chars like Wario when the ground release close to you. If you can't standing grab them because there to far dash grab them and, if you timed it right, you should be able to regrab them.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Same here. Even though this thread has more information, I'd rather stare at Mreh beautiful version.
The way he organized it seems easier for my eyes.

-:bowser:Bowser King

CO18

Smash Hero
I dont see why this needs pictures either. I find it easy to just come quickly and look at what grab releases i can do on whoever.

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
When you just need to peak at a specific character's releases and don't think to use Ctrl+F, pictures make the scrolling search easier.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
When you just need to peak at a specific character's releases and don't think to use Ctrl+F, pictures make the scrolling search easier.
Yea, pictures are easier for the brain to find than words are.

And I just love the stupid look on the little D3-head! :)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
F-tilt and dash attack can be shilelded and dodged by every character except Ness and Lucas. If you don't believe me test it yourself. If I'm wrong please post video evidence(I would like to be wrong)

Trust me though, when I made the original video, I tested ever possibility

Here are the links to my 2 vids BTW(Just in case you want to link them on your first post)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QA72-MVUSg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch_UreOgveo&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_686563

I will admit to ftilt because I never corrected that, but JUMP RELEASE dash attack works on a good amount of characters

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I have alot of trouble pulling off Ftilt out of Grab Release, I flub the timing often. I prefer the chain grab and air release to fair over anything else. The great thing about this tactic is Bowser's large grab range. I haven't incorporated air release to dash attack into my game yet, but I'll be sure to give it a try next time. I'm glad this thread was made it leveled up my Bowser which he was in terrible need of. I've been spending alot of time on my Snake to lesson my woes with Meta Knight but I think I might relax and bust out Bowser for the Wichita Bi-weekly tomorrow.

Top Bottom