• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser, Grab release thread [Flayl is a boss]

Sliq

Smash Master
Vex, for ground releases on tilts, have to tested with the added DI you get from Smash DI'ing the release? Because I have been seeing a trend in these sort of shenanigans, and it is angrying up my RAGE.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Vex, for ground releases on tilts, have to tested with the added DI you get from Smash DI'ing the release? Because I have been seeing a trend in these sort of shenanigans, and it is angrying up my RAGE.
No, but I should update and add which ones can be DI'd out of.

Sliq

Smash Master
No, but I should update and add which ones can be DI'd out of.
Well, on that note, it seems like the small amount of extra DI let's people escape tilts on the ground. Playing against Marth, if it appeared they DI'd away, then it would always powershield, which is annoying, but since Bowser has other options it is fine.

Can you smash DI the jump releases, I wonder?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Jump releases always seem to have a set distance that doesn't seem to be affect by DI. Any sort of smash DI shenanigans probably don't affect it at all. The Wario main I fight on a regular basis has tried almost anything to get screw with the jump release, but to no avail. :p

Sliq

Smash Master
Allright, well at least that is good to know.

I hope the extra DI from the ground releases don't knock a lot of options off the list, otherwise I'm going to be sad panda.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
F-tilt cannot be done on ground realease. Unless It's Ness or lucas

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I tried the grounded grab release -> regrab on my friends D3 over WIFI..
It both worked AND didn't work. (on FD)

My question: Is this 100% garateed if one can pull it off perfectly?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I tried the grounded grab release -> regrab on my friends D3 over WIFI..
It both worked AND didn't work. (on FD)

My question: Is this 100% garateed if one can pull it off perfectly?

It always works if you do it correctly in person, and with grab releasing on wifi, you have to predict because of input delay which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to react and grab, making it ineffective on wifi

On another note:
Sorry guys that I didnt update the first post with the fixing on Stuff and what you can DI out of, I'll have it updated by the end of the month, PROMISE!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I tested the Jigglypuff grab release and for normal release none worked. You just had to DI away. For jump release, you had to DI down and away, jump and air dodge to avoid everything.

Am I missing something or did you test it wrong?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I tested the Jigglypuff grab release and for normal release none worked. You just had to DI away. For jump release, you had to DI down and away, jump and air dodge to avoid everything.

Am I missing something or did you test it wrong?
you can't DI jump releases D: All of Bowser's just releases should work. And if I somehow am wrong, I said I'm going to do a massive update before the end of the month, RETESTING EVERYTHING.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
you can't DI jump releases D: All of Bowser's just releases should work. And if I somehow am wrong, I said I'm going to do a massive update before the end of the month, RETESTING EVERYTHING.
I mean the jump and air dodge, you can avoid it all. I just did the DI just in case but I think she can only be possibly hit with the jab and F-tilt. If I can get you video, would you take it?

I was testing it and if Bowser got high enough, you couldn't just air dodge quick enough or you'd get hit. And a jump was pointless. But if you combined both, it worked.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I mean the jump and air dodge, you can avoid it all. I just did the DI just in case but I think she can only be possibly hit with the jab and F-tilt. If I can get you video, would you take it?

I was testing it and if Bowser got high enough, you couldn't just air dodge quick enough or you'd get hit. And a jump was pointless. But if you combined both, it worked.
I'm like, almost 100% sure it works, like I said I'll be updating everything before the end of this month D: I really don't need a video to show me, because I've already tested it multiple times by myself in the past and have done it consistently in tournament. I'm not trying to bash down your statements but I'm pretty sure I'm right :D

Also I saw that jigglypuff matchup chart you have, its like extra sexy :D

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'm like, almost 100% sure it works, like I said I'll be updating everything before the end of this month D: I really don't need a video to show me, because I've already tested it multiple times by myself in the past and have done it consistently in tournament. I'm not trying to bash down your statements but I'm pretty sure I'm right :D

Also I saw that jigglypuff matchup chart you have, its like extra sexy :D
MMac did it for Chaco, and I took over the thread so... And just try to test it again because from what I know, she can escape.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Is there a chart grouping certain characters together?

Such as char 1 char 4 char 8 char 9 (and blah blah blah) are in group 1:

Dash Attack
Ftilt
Dtilt
ONLY (this is just an example, didn't bother to seeing if this was it)

A chart for ground releases, and air releases.

That way it makes it a little easier to memorize. You just need to memorize what each "group" is, and who is in what group.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Is there a chart grouping certain characters together?

Such as char 1 char 4 char 8 char 9 (and blah blah blah) are in group 1:

Dash Attack
Ftilt
Dtilt
ONLY (this is just an example, didn't bother to seeing if this was it)

A chart for ground releases, and air releases.

That way it makes it a little easier to memorize. You just need to memorize what each "group" is, and who is in what group.
Thats actually a very decent idea, I shall use that idea when I redo it and give you credit :D, around the end of this month with the big update.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Thats actually a very decent idea, I shall use that idea when I redo it and give you credit :D, around the end of this month with the big update.
I think I understand how this would work. So...

One of the groups would probably be something like...

-Regrab
-Jab
-Ftilt
-Klaw

That's pretty much the most basic group that I think a lot of characters fall under. I assume there will also be a group for chaingrabable characters? By that, I mean that they can be grabbed out of a ground and jump release. If so, that would be awesome for people who haven't memorized it already. :p

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I think I understand how this would work. So...

One of the groups would probably be something like...

-Regrab
-Jab
-Ftilt
-Klaw

That's pretty much the most basic group that I think a lot of characters fall under. I assume there will also be a group for chaingrabable characters? By that, I mean that they can be grabbed out of a ground and jump release. If so, that would be awesome for people who haven't memorized it already. :p
Or how about people like me who main EVERYONE and therefore just can't memorize everything about everyone.

The groups:

Regrab (assuming no EIDI which may let them escape )
Jab
Tilts (ftilt/dtilt, doesn't matter which one, they fall in this category because I think everyone who can be dtilt'd can be ftilt'd ;) but not the other way around! I also believe anyone who can be ftilt'd can be Jabbed)
Klaw ( I will assume this as a slightly different (maybe slower?) then ftilt, but it deservers its own group)

So 4 basic groups (pretty much what you mentioned xD just tilts is changed)

I don't know the frame data for Bowser, so I'm making assumptions.... but you get the idea.

If they can be Tilt'd, they can be Jabbed. If they can be Klaw'd, they can be ftilt'd and jabbed (assumption, maybe its only Jab... IDK), if they can be Regrabbed, they can be Jabbed (and maybe Ftilt'd?)

Simple system, and it'd help a lot, ESPECIALLY if we find out certain chars of weight/height/character type fall under the same groups. :laugh:

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
If they can be Tilt'd, they can be Jabbed. If they can be Klaw'd, they can be ftilt'd and jabbed (assumption, maybe its only Jab... IDK), if they can be Regrabbed, they can be Jabbed (and maybe Ftilt'd?)

Simple system, and it'd help a lot, ESPECIALLY if we find out certain chars of weight/height/character type fall under the same groups. :laugh:
Not completely true but I see where your coming from, keep in mind that some characters release farther away from bowser where a jab won't reach but an ftilt would.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Hey Vex, I found that if you time it perfectly, you can get an Up B or Klaw on Kirby from the air release. The window is very small, but I was able to get it a few times, right as Kirby finishes his flip. Can someone verify this?

MrEh

Smash Hero
would this tech make Bowser worth playing for me?
If you weren't already using Bowser because he's a sexy hunk of manmeat, then his grab shenanigans probably won't change that.

Hey Vex, I found that if you time it perfectly, you can get an Up B or Klaw on Kirby from the air release. The window is very small, but I was able to get it a few times, right as Kirby finishes his flip. Can someone verify this?
I'm 100% sure that the Klaw works.

The Fortress...couldn't get it to work. ><

MrEh

Smash Hero
So you can get a side-B out of a grab release?? That sounds perty awesome! That move is sooo fun!
The Klaw works out of a ground release on a large amount of characters. It works on an jump release on only a few though. Either way, it's one on Bowser's best grab release options, since it has a high damage output.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
If you weren't already using Bowser because he's a sexy hunk of manmeat, then his grab shenanigans probably won't change that.

I'm 100% sure that the Klaw works.

The Fortress...couldn't get it to work. ><
Lol, aerial Up B for damage is useless anyway X^)

DUB

Smash Lord
I'm gonna pick up Bowser because he is too much fun. I've got an awful habit of bowserciding people for no reason atm lol.

Seriously though, are there any videos that showcase the grab release. I'd like to see it in action before I really start playing Bowser.

Top Bottom