• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge 3: The Good, The Bad, and the Koopa

BlinkIV

Avenger
I get where you're coming from. Like I said, the stages are what they are. And if you're counting pit as the metaknight character, and you're trying to play pit now, does this mean you're admitting to being a ******?
I'm not counting Pit as a MK, I'm saying, if you were to consider any character from P:M to be closest to MK, I'd say Pit is a rather fine candidate no? Also, I'm not "trying" to play Pit, I am playing him, with Ike as well.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
SSE: Jungle has actually been legal in doubles at the last two tournaments lol. I don't really like it as a stage though...its really huge, which isn't too big a problem with 2v2, but eventually it has to come down to one person on a team left, and theres too much room to run IMO. That and if I put it back in it ruins the four-stage balance of each group =P

D

Deleted member

Sethlon, prepare your anus. Awestin and Xeven are coming.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so, i feel responsible for causing a stage list change up, so i'm 95% sure i'll be there (barring, basically, huge work johns).

now, the real question is: how fancy should i be?

D

Deleted member

Well, you already bring a fedora to work, and to BR 1 and 2... You always dress nice, how about a nicely spray painted or new controller.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
my controller is the original controller! i've had it almost 10 years and i stole a half bottle of my sister's nail polish to decorate it! just been switching the casing out with new insides as it wears out. not going to get a new controller >: O

and i was really referring to if i should upgrade my attire fanciness. seth and drew know...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
my controller is the original controller! i've had it almost 10 years and i stole a half bottle of my sister's nail polish to decorate it! just been switching the casing out with new insides as it wears out. not going to get a new controller >: O
I feel like you've already told me about that, but regardless thats pretty awesome lol.
You can never go too fancy. If I had a steampunk get up I'd dress up too!

D

Deleted member

Everyone needs to play Jiggs on yoshis story with smashballs. ONLY RANDALL CAN SAVE YOU NOW MUAHAHAHAHA

CORY

wut
BRoomer
nah, fd is boss battle themes (except for the dmc3 trailer music. it's too awesome to not use). i think i only have one slot left and that's going to go towards a megaman boss theme, once i find one that i like.

BlinkIV

Avenger

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i think i'll need two for bf, actually. gonna move the eddie theme elsewhere and i don't quite like the dmc song i have on it. i may use some of those for that purpose.

BlinkIV

Avenger
i think i'll need two for bf, actually. gonna move the eddie theme elsewhere and i don't quite like the dmc song i have on it. i may use some of those for that purpose.
I recommend Restless Blade (One of the links there), and also X-Hunted (From the OCRemix Album: Megaman X: Maverick Rising), just look X-Hunted on youtube and check it out. Or possibly Iron Will March.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I am pumped for this.

Sethlon let's team and pound some anus together.

Stage groups;
Group 1: Small Stages
Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, WarioWare

Group 2: Flat Stages
Final Destination, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Green Hill Zone

Group 3: Big Stages
Dreamland, Rumble Falls, Skyworld, Hyrule Castle

Group 4: Slanted Stages
Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Metal Cavern, Kongo Jungle 64, Skyloft

Group 5: Changing Stages
Port Town Aero Dive, Dracula's Castle, Halberd, Pictochat

Thoughts? It seems like it might be a bit more complicated than just two stage bans, but having a printout for the stage groups at each station should make it smooth.
I would just do 2 stage bans, or give players the option of whether they want to ban by individual stages or by a group. The main reason being that banning by "stage group" is a bit inflexible. It makes more sense for solo mains/characters who are going to have the same "group" of bad stages regardless of MU, but for people who play more characters or where stages have bigger swings, it would be a bit limiting. Like if I want to ban FD vs my opponent's Falco, and a big stage vs his Sonic. It's not a bad idea, but I'd personally give each player the option on whether he wants 2 reg bans, or 1 group ban. It's a great idea if you do it like that instead of replacing reg stage bans.

Oh yeah I'm doing MM's and tons of playing in general. I play a lot of characters, and I don't have anyone to play this with locally so I'm itchin for competition

Falcon/Fox/Falco/Shiek/DK/Mario/Ganon/Marth!

BlinkIV

Avenger
I am pumped for this.

Sethlon let's team and pound some anus together.

I would just do 2 stage bans, or give players the option of whether they want to ban by individual stages or by a group. The main reason being that banning by "stage group" is a bit inflexible. It makes more sense for solo mains/characters who are going to have the same "group" of bad stages regardless of MU, but for people who play more characters or where stages have bigger swings, it would be a bit limiting. Like if I want to ban FD vs my opponent's Falco, and a big stage vs his Sonic. It's not a bad idea, but I'd personally give each player the option on whether he wants 2 reg bans, or 1 group ban. It's a great idea if you do it like that instead of replacing reg stage bans.

Oh yeah I'm doing MM's and tons of playing in general. I play a lot of characters, and I don't have anyone to play this with locally so I'm itchin for competition

Falcon/Fox/Falco/Shiek/DK/Mario/Ganon/Marth!
Sure, I'll MM you. You can play my Ike or my Pit, either is cool with me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pit is gay I already know what you're gonna do, but I accept!

D

Deleted member

After watching some melee fc, I've realized its bowsers and ikes... everywhere...

D

Deleted member

If I meet an ike in bracket, then I'm going to hate my life. Pit doesn't sound bad, but at the same time I can see him being annoying.

D

Deleted member

Anthony, your black emo/skater hair with a fedora... uhh... you're not fancy. Only cory can be fancy.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I'm all the hype. idk about teams still.

Cory watch out, I think i'm going to wear a fancy fedora too.

:phone:
: o

i consider this a victory, at the very least a minor one!

and i guess this means i have to step up my fancy game?

edit: @youngzach: i know! holy crap, so many bowsers and ikes! (at least in the d1 pools that i saw).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Small. I just wanna play a ton mostly, so like $1-5 bucks on each one. Or serious friendlies even (PUT A DAMN DOLLAR ON THAT ****)

D

Deleted member

What if I told you that those munniez are actually reserved for Darkrain? :troll:

D

Deleted member

It was a joke. The trollface should say I'm messing around... Are you clueless?

Top Bottom