• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock α (Alpha) - 11/27/2010 - Iowa City, IA :: Pictures added to OP!

Soran

Smash Ace
*bashing head on keyboard*

I really hope there is another one soon. I feel bad I didn't make it )_;
I think I could've done... sorta well.

anyway, good job, folks.
'til next time ; )

napZzz

Smash Hero
I dont even care about kansas outplacing us, they're better than minnesota. Just that one guy in particular

kains gay

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Napz,....the enemy of my enemy is my friend indeed. :D

<_< Kain is lamesauce, Kirby 0-100 beats Wolf.

>_>Zwarm is gay. I've seen an MO scrub Diddy beat him in pools. SiiS3. Get at me.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Whoa, personal shots now? I never said I was good, I'm just proud that my state took all of Brawl at this thing. >.>

Besides, it was Legan, he's a good player whether he plays Diddy or not (I'm not sure, lol), and my ROB was *** at SiiS3. :(

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Wow guys stop fighting, holy ****.

All that matters is that IL is the best smash state in the MWW. I think we can all agree on that

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Whoa, personal shots now? I never said I was good, I'm just proud that my state took all of Brawl at this thing. >.>

Besides, it was Legan, he's a good player whether he plays Diddy or not (I'm not sure, lol), and my ROB was *** at SiiS3. :(
>_> Hey, it wasn't so much a personal shot @ you've fallen in front of my troll path. :troll:

And it was Fwog, and he timed you out. Don't soften the blow.

@DLA: I mean obviously. IL is too pro. They're like....easily the best.....>_> at timing out tournaments.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Wow guys stop fighting, holy ****.

All that matters is that IL is the best smash state in the MWW. I think we can all agree on that
Get trolled harder, sir. If you think that's fighting, there's a problem.

>_> Hey, it wasn't so much a personal shot @ you've fallen in front of my troll path. :troll:

And it was Fwog, and he timed you out. Don't soften the blow.

@DLA: I mean obviously. IL is too pro. They're like....easily the best.....>_> at timing out tournaments.
If you're gonna troll me, at least get your facts straight, the only Diddy I lost to at SiiS3 was Legan. I lost to Fwog at ISA, and he didn't time me out. And I was just bad back then, I've improved so much as a player since then, imo at least.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Get trolled harder, sir. If you think that's fighting, there's a problem.

If you're gonna troll me, at least get your facts straight, the only Diddy I lost to at SiiS3 was Legan. I lost to Fwog at ISA, and he didn't time me out. And I was just bad back then, I've improved so much as a player since then, imo at least.
-quack- >_> Ya got me. It was ISA. -goes back to reading yahoo news-

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Good games everybody I didn't get enough games in I got ***** by Zeton in friendlies along with Metalmusicman and QRS so I got Space animal practice so I'm pretty happy so nice tourney everyone and I hope we can have another run tourney later in the future.
even though there was no livestream:(

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I'm just going to outright say it. I was NOT playing like me...AT ALL at this event. I think anyone who saw me, I mean, saw ME, not Diddy on the screen, knew that I wasn't all there. Which should have been pretty apparent. My mind was definitely not focused on Brawl this weekend because I had a lot of personal problems going on during the tournament (outside of Brawl) that definitely kept my attention. I think MJG, Fino, Zeton and Clel can go out on a limb and support me on this one.

I don't want to john, I played and placed horribly. I can't change that. That doesn't change the fact that I just outright wasn't focused. I mean, I think anyone who watched Legan/FAE beat Clel and myself knew that the Diddy on the screen wasn't the same Diddy I normally run in doubles. I wasn't playing right, at all (not saying anything bad about Legan/FAE, you guys were/are legit, I just don't think I was playing at my top).

Shout-outs later. Moe is alright. The rest of MN. Ehh. afk.

napZzz

Smash Hero
your personal problems didn't stop you from yelling stupid things at minnesota when we were playing.

Dnyce

Smash Master
So they had to stick me in with Trent's first round bye. Which sucked because he was my partner, and he should have been seeded a lot better since he had circuit points.
Trent was seeded according to his current points.
I seeded singles bracket, and was told there weren't any changes made after I was done, but I guess you were added late. I wasn't aware of this, though I would have tried to make something work if I had been made aware .-.

shout outs later, gotta go to work <.<

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Wat?

Nappy dabes

WI Moe dabes

Breezy :ganondorf:

Come to Games N Go Championship 2. Out of state makes everything interesting/fun :bee:

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Hell no. IL. and KS should have a 5v5 at the next tourney to settle this. Props to arty and kain and kain again for doing work at this tourney and reppin his state.

-mjg

Coney

Smash Master
i was just in that complete results thread or whatever it's called and saw something that blew my mind

shoutout to poor trent, 97th out of 71 is some rough stuff

resTy

Smash Champion
We need the full results for melee here up.
There was nobody worth mentioning who entered; results aren't necessary.
All you gotta know is 2 Nebraskans topped and Oro got 3rd.

Obviously you didn't see the melee tournament. LOL
I hope you realize that Illinois is the strongest Melee state in the Midwest.

Excuse the idiot Brawl players from Nebraska. They say dumb stuff a lot.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
i was just in that complete results thread or whatever it's called and saw something that blew my mind

shoutout to poor trent, 97th out of 71 is some rough stuff
That was my fault completely. I had someone helping me make the bracket and he set it up as a 128 man bracket so that's basically what happened.

I mean this is my first tournament and I promise to the best of my ability that it won't happen again. I'm very, very sorry about it.

EDIT: Shoutouts later tonight!

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
your personal problems didn't stop you from yelling stupid things at minnesota when we were playing.
I said "Minnesota sucks" 3 times, tops. Opposed to my usual 22. I was fairly supportive of Missouri. I think I super trolled RRR, but that was nothing personal. He just happened to be getting rocked by people I supported. So in my defense, I definitely wouldn't say that it "didn't stop me" but you can't argue, to any extent, that it didn't place a drastic decline on my usual mid-tournament trolling.

To keep it short though, my brother ran away from home and I was having some super beef with my ex mid tournament. I'm calling these legit johns whether you do or not.

If you can't tell, I'm being pretty ****ing serious right now and the minimal amount of respect I still had for you is basically depleted. Have a nice day.

Coney

Smash Master
That was my fault completely. I had someone helping me make the bracket and he set it up as a 128 man bracket so that's basically what happened.

I mean this is my first tournament and I promise to the best of my ability that it won't happen again. I'm very, very sorry about it.

EDIT: Shoutouts later tonight!
oh no, forgive me, i didn't mean to criticize! i know these things happen and it's really not a big deal, placing doesn't matter entirely at that point anyway...it's just funny to see, is all, hahah

napZzz

Smash Hero
you were yelling at moe while he was playing saying something about how LOL BETTER NOT LOSE TO IKE and other dumb ****, something about sending pictures to him LOL

then you did the same with RRR, and we all know how that turned out. It wasn't necessarily the **** you were saying, it was how you were going out of your way to yell at us as loud as possible during the matches

good luck with your issues though, I'm not that much of a **** to deny you that :(

TIME FOR MY REAL SHOUTOUTS

1: Kain ($240)-Good job...but you still gay dog
2: Hylian ($145 split with Rei)-You and moe did well, ic's are gay though
2: MJG (Rei) ($145 split with Hylian)-I let you down :( sorry
4: Future ($55)-The only reason you place is because you can chaingrab
5: Mr. Doom (Snivy) ($14)-Lots of respect for your ike
5: Fino ($14)-Thanks for the advice/friendlies, i'll beat you next time
7: yoshq -THE ARTY SLAYER
7: Zeton - u gay
9: Arty - y u mad tho
9: Clel - too good at the snake matchup, I feel like I played kind of bad vs. you though
9: NaPPy -you suck
9: Akashi -Good seeing you like always :D

and um other people I dont feel like copying from the bracket

moe-you're supposed to be our best player...rep us harder next time!
RRR-you ****, kirby just has dumb ****ing matchups that are unwinnable
Legan- YOU GOT IT IN DURING DUBS GOOD ****, and you're always an enjoyable person to be around :)
Sago-Another person who's always good to see, I feel like you held back in our matches a bit :/
DLA-You're just too good.....

I probably forgot about other people, but oh well

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Good stuff Arty and Kain.

I see you holding it down Legan!

I didn't know anything about this tournament since my ability to browse the boards are troublesome. I would have loved to attend this... Midwest East needs to play against you Midwest Cats. Maybe next time though.....

God Kais got they eyes on you Kain...Keep it up!

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I said "Minnesota sucks" 3 times, tops. Opposed to my usual 22. I was fairly supportive of Missouri. I think I super trolled RRR, but that was nothing personal. He just happened to be getting rocked by people I supported. So in my defense, I definitely wouldn't say that it "didn't stop me" but you can't argue, to any extent, that it didn't place a drastic decline on my usual mid-tournament trolling.

To keep it short though, my brother ran away from home and I was having some super beef with my ex mid tournament. I'm calling these legit johns whether you do or not.

If you can't tell, I'm being pretty ****ing serious right now and the minimal amount of respect I still had for you is basically depleted. Have a nice day.
Hope things go well for you, and keep repping your state and ****.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Good stuff, Hylian!

And LOL @ Mr. Doom calling himself Snivy

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Rofl you serious? I am a nobody. I am an unranked scrub from IL who has barely been playing Melee for a year, and almost beat your top. If this makes IL Melee look bad, then I don't even know what to say about NE Melee...:awesome:

Edit: Thank you Tyser for continuing to be a legit dude and keeping up the real talk.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh

Trent was seeded according to his current points.
I seeded singles bracket, and was told there weren't any changes made after I was done, but I guess you were added late. I wasn't aware of this, though I would have tried to make something work if I had been made aware .-.

shout outs later, gotta go to work <.<
Maybe "seeded" wasn't the right word... Trent wasn't poorly seeded, it was just a mistake in the bracket that gave him a really stupid first round. You didn't do a bad job seeding, Fino.

Hell no. IL. and KS should have a 5v5 at the next tourney to settle this. Props to arty and kain and kain again for doing work at this tourney and reppin his state.

-mjg
OHHH yeah son this is def going down, we'll organize it in the thread for whichever tournament we'll all be at next. I'll bring the recording setup :p

lmao the melee players in chicago aren't going to travel out of state for a melee side tournament. Oro got 3rd place here, and he isn't even on our state's PRs lol.

Chicago's scary good at melee.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
OHHH yeah son this is def going down, we'll organize it in the thread for whichever tournament we'll all be at next. I'll bring the recording setup :p
You guys should come to Ultimate NO KOAST 3 and finish off the circuit with us.

Top Bottom