• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock α (Alpha) - 11/27/2010 - Iowa City, IA :: Pictures added to OP!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Reposting for answer?
yoshq recorded stuff but i know he didn't start till after you played nappy. also he didn't start recording till after the projector was stopped... because yoshq needed a plug for his reorder.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i'd have shoutouts but ahhh, i didn't really play/watch many people, i wasn't really in the best mood lol.

ummm....my only legit match was against hylian, so shoutouts to him lol good **** mang

Sago

Smash Lord
Fun tourney. Mww is wacky.

Sucks we didn't have a mic. Sucks they left me out of the doubles bracket so I had to play doom first round. sucks that farce guy made such a terrible first impression on me. I usualy love errybody.

Yink: great job for your first tourney. probs for playing with my hair at one point.

IL: I love you but the dynamic in our relationship is about to change!!!

Yoshq: I told you your better then me. Were all wisconsins got and you know I love you.

Holmes: I didn't want that win. Try next time

Moe: I outplaced you son. if your drake I'm eminem.

Nappy: yeah I kinda lost confidence after future 3 stocked my samus. I got you next time

Rrr: fun teaming. We started to figure it out twords the end.

Future: I felt very confident coming into our set. You out played me. Nothing more to it.

Legan: your a funny dude. Always refreshing getting to see you. and I swear I'm not racist :p

Fino: your a pretty chill dude. I'm glad you and yosh are teaming now. treat him well

Nicole: I'm apparently pretty out of the loop now that i don't have Internet. Your hype

All and all this was a blast. Wish I got allittle more sleep/food. It was pretty awsome seeing 70+ mw players that I had basicly never heard of. See you at no koast.

napZzz

Smash Hero
yoshq recorded stuff but i know he didn't start till after you played nappy. also he didn't start recording till after the projector was stopped... because yoshq needed a plug for his reorder.
yeeessssss

now noone will ever know!

Trent

Smash Champion
Was a fun last tournament!

DLA - Sonic+Ganon was ********. I loved it. You are too good sir.

Yink - I don't approve of faking people into the bracket so you meet your 70+ mark. :laugh:

Nicole - You bought me that cherro. You're my hero.

IA+KS+MO+MN - Love ya guyz.

Laterz.

Legan

Smash Lord
First of Id just like to say that this tourney exceeded my expectations by far. The time out was sad but everything else was so chill from the enviroment to the smashers that theres nothing I can say other than good **** to everyone who helped put this together.
YANK: I LOOOOVE JOOO

SHATOUOOOOUTS!

1: Kain: OSHI God Kai Kains got a little ring to it doesnt it? Good **** at this tourney mang ive always knew you were the best wolf, but now you're a mw top player. I didnt see that coming...
2: Hylian: You just keep getting better, you're easily the best has been ive ever seen. Good **** bruh, you know i support you every match even if i hate ice climbers with a burning passion.
2: MJG (Rei): Averil I dont why or how you got so good but I guess you should keep that **** goin. And Im tellin you to get back at me in teams, well be takin home the money every time.
4: Future: How the hell did you beat the best character in the game (Ike) with iceys? You're ****ing hilarious with your random mental blocks but you always come back a little better after your losses. Good ****
5: Mr. Doom: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
5: Fino: You did work at this tourney, try not to get so mad when you lose though. You've gotten way more chill since we first met, keep comin to tourneys, you're like my new static smoking partner.
7: yoshq: I knew you were good, but you violated the hell out of me in bracket. Best luigi in my book period.
7: Zeton: Z why are you so swagalicious? Good **** at this tourney, you & nicole did work.
9: Arty: Lol you whooped my *** in dubz, hopefully we can play 1v1 sometime, you've got a sick falco.
9: Clel : Always good seein you my dude, I know the only way my zss could take you is in dubz.
9: NaPPy: It was good seein you man, dont let losses at this tourney get to you, you still got one of the funnest snakes to watch.
9: Akashi: Dude im hella glad we got to finally meet, I knew we would hit it off but you was way more chill then I expected. Im lookin forward to kickin it with you at more tourneys.

13: Nicole: I think at some point during the tourney I heard you cheering for me. I knew deep down inside you doooo caare :). Dat A... Good job
13: TripleR: Wifi kirby gettin off. JK i know you're real deal, fun matches we had man, definately one of the best ive played.
13: Sago: Why are you so ****ing cool?
13: FAE: FAEEE I LOVE YOU! Good **** & dubz mang, I promise ill step it up for you.

Ok a couple of random shout outs because im getting bored
Joker: you whooped my *** again but you got away without us doin our falcon ditto money match. Why u scurred tho?
Rauleen: Thanks for driving as usual, you da bess.
Metal(Will): Good to see you're getting your mk back
Meneil: It was good seeing you, you're seriously like one of the best ikes ive played no joke, Ill see you agains soon hopefully.
Umashi: Wtf link pro in the making? Im glad you decided to come out to the tourney it was really cool meeting you and you SOMEHOW restored my faith in link. Ill step up my game just for you.
Rest of Chicago: yall are the ****, You guys should appear more?
Kansas/MN: All of you guys are chill, Bro hugs all around.

So yea thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome, even tho I was a little intoxicated everyone at this tourney was amazing. <3 the midwest

Legan Out~

Teh Future

Smash Master
Great tournament Yink! Was ran well despite some problems and the venue was awesome except they made us leave right at 10 :/ oh well, special shoutout to everyone from Iowa that helped run it Yink, Nkgamer, joker, and anyone else good job and I will definitely be back for next one and hopefully Jokers in Jan.

Some shoutouts:

2: Hylian: our matches were intense... I hate that I let you get the grab last stock D: haha clutch win.
2: MJG: toon link.... next time ill play out those 8 min matches lol
5: Mr. Doom: Glad I finally beat Ike (lol random character johns) hope next time we can meet and settle the score.
5: Fino: Sorry I forgot to MM you b/c i was in the bracket basically until we were kicked out.
7: yoshq: that roll! lol last match had me laughing... not sure how this was the first time we've played.
9: Clel: Good games, looks like you have some catching up to do though haha..
9: NaPPy: Really sad you didnt loose to DLA looolloollo
13: TripleR: Kirby was a lot better than I was expecting. matchups sucks though :(
13: Sago: lol samus. next time we should play some friendlies so you can learn ICs matchup
17: MetalMusicMan: 0_0 first match on SV was dumb. next time I won't have to use game 3 >:D
17: Holmes: why are you so low? step it up >:[
25: Breezy: glad we didnt play lmao
49: Dustin: your olimar has a really weird playstyle lol... I think it could work but you fell into a lot of patterns that i took advantage of.
97: Trent: No one quits! lol see you soon

Tmacc: missed you somehow but I had fun teaming and happy with how we did. good stuff.

sorry if I missed anyone...

Kansas is definitely better than IL overall btw.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
On the Kansas vs IL. Realistcally can never happen since IL never travels full force. Ook hasn't been playing and our 3rd best player IMO never goes to anything. Other PR players don't really travel either. Would be pretty close IMO. Don't know about Kansas being definately better. Especially if it's 5v5

Shoutouts later fun tournament. Maybe I'll become a God Kai all the players in there are chill as hell

Teh Future

Smash Master
Yeah i guess i think kansas would win but nothing is for sure since wolf is the best character in the game :D

Il stands a better chance than drunk MO though (most likely)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yeah i guess i think kansas would win but nothing is for sure since wolf is the best character in the game :D

Il stands a better chance than drunk MO though (most likely)
Drunk MO is so beast wut u mean?

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Shugo But then you guys would need to print a second shirt, lmao

5v5...IL brings Kain Arty Ook Akashi Chewy? Or is Quik the 5th?
KS brings Domo Zeton MJG Clel Fino

Teh Future

Smash Master
we did drunk crews at Kahoka me your moves and (I think) MO lost.

edit: clowsui pretends domo doesn't exist because he doesn't go to 1 tournament lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
kansas would beat IL

their talent is more spread out rather than a few strong players

napZzz

Smash Hero
you guys got yourself and arty

everyone else sucks (cept akashi cuz he's awesome)

Nicole

Smash Champion
@Shugo But then you guys would need to print a second shirt, lmao

5v5...IL brings Kain Arty Ook Akashi Chewy? Or is Quik the 5th?
KS brings Mr. Doom Zeton MJG Domo Holms
Fixed. Kansas has the one MK player...instawin.
(I think KS would win but I'm not sure, it would be close. MO still has the best crew cause we have two ******y IC players that can take 190239124098 stocks, we just decide to get drunk so that we don't wreck everyone.)

Shoutouts later!

clowsui

Smash Legend
Mr. Doom is better than Clel? Guess that shows how much I know about KS, lolz
Holms is better than Fino? Woah woah woah results-wise is this the case?

lol @ that drunk part though

Oh wait Infern I forgot to include you on the IL list, you're the best in Illinois after all

Infern/Kain/Arty/Ook/Akashi v. Mr. Doom/Zeton/MJG/Domo/Holms

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Finally, my own shoutouts. First of all I want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to come to Iowa City and play some smash, eat some food and have some fun. It was my first tournament, a learning experience. This June, I'll host Beta, and it'll be better (and hopefully more succesful!).:

1: Kain ($240) - Nice job winning. You did a good job in this tournament, I hope you can make it to another.
2: Hylian ($145 split with Rei) - Good ICs as usual! Thanks for showing up and bringing the setup. :)
2: MJG (Rei) ($145 split with Hylian) - Love you for showing, nice job.
4: Future ($55) - Holy **** David nice job.
5: Mr. Doom (Snivy) ($14) - Such a beast Ike, thanks for helping me out too!
5: Fino ($14) - You did really well! Thanks for explaining and helping with the bracket.
7: yoshq - Thanks for repping Luigi and Wisconsin. I'm happy you showed up!
7: Zeton - Still a good fox. Thanks for coming.
9: Arty - It was nice to meet you, nice job in teams dude! Glad Illinois could show!
9: Clel - The only MK in top ten? Nice job! :laugh:
9: NaPPy - Some Minnesota rep! Thanks a ton.
9: Akashi - Nice to meet you too, very friendly and don't ever be afraid to ask for help.

Missouri:

You guys did so well at this, great job. Shout-out FAE and Legan for doing so well in teams, dang. Rauleen thanks a ton for bringing some cookies they were great! Missouri as a whole has some cool cats in it. I love you guys. Nicole you know I always love you too.

Kansas:

Hey KS, thanks for coming out! I really appreciate it! 4rce it was cool to see you again, Holms you too. KS did a lot of great stuff this tournament.

Indiana:

Wow guys. You came such a long way, thank you VERY much. I hope you can make it to more. Composer we didn't get to disco! Caleb thanks for taking some sweet pictures. Asdioh...you didn't win with Toon Link. hades your Yoshi is too good.

Illinois:

Well ****. Just take everything why don't you. It was great to meet everyone. Thanks for showing up neighbors! I'll make sure everything goes smoother next time. DLA what an awesome Ganondorf. Sago good job dude, your hair = top tier.

Minnesota:

Guys you did have a little redemption so don't take it too hard. Breezy that Ganon's still scary. Moe you're a cool guy.

Wisconsin:

Red Ryu thanks for showing up. It meant a lot to me!

Iowa:

You guys BETTER have been here lol. Thanks for coming to a tournament not run by Joker for once! Blank your entry name was hilarious. Greg, thanks for showing, it was good to see you. Jlo I heard about your match vs Hylian. Good ****. Brandon thanks for housing, and Kuares oh my god you too.

Nebraska:

Trent...especially to you...*hug*. Uli thanks for hosting Melee, it really helped out. JBM, you're great at Melee and thanks for showing, even if it was just a side tournament! Rob, my dad wasn't there to beat you at Megaman. Genie, good to see you.

SPECIAL SHOUT-OUT:

Mr. Doom, Asdioh, Rauleen, Joker, Bill, ngamer3k, Calebyte, Composer:

You guys were so helpful to me whenever I had questions and were never afraid to give me answers. Thank you very much, I learned so much from you. I'll take it to heart on how to use it in the future for Beta when the time comes and I hope to be as good a TO as you guys are.

To myself:

Not bad for your first time, could've been a lot better though, so let's make it better.

If I missed anyone I'm SO sorry. It was hard to do this shout-out. X_X

-Yink

Soran

Smash Ace
is MO the drunk brawl state or som'n?

so far that's my impression.

I'm glad a Marth made it up there ; )

Top Bottom