• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock α (Alpha) - 11/27/2010 - Iowa City, IA :: Pictures added to OP!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
KS vs IL

Infern/Kain/Arty vs MJG/Domo/Clel

>_> 3v3 sounds better.

Edit: Missouri is the fun state. Drunk is just a symptom.

MJG

Smash Hero
Fixed. Kansas has the one MK player...instawin.
(I think KS would win but I'm not sure, it would be close. MO still has the best crew cause we have two ******y IC players that can take 190239124098 stocks, we just decide to get drunk so that we don't wreck everyone.)

Shoutouts later!
I 3 stock ICs when I am drunk though :rotfl:

peacock50

Smash Rookie
Okay so this like was my first tourney in a long time and im glad i made it out there :) it was pretty fun and i dont think i did too bad. Thanks to those MN players who stayed over and helped clean off those thanksgiving leftovers :p

Lol i should signed up as peacock50 i forgot atomsk's name is trevor D:

As far as shoutouts i have a few

Sago: it was great seeing you again and playing you. still beating me but it was all fun

The Composer: Those matches were REALLY close but your wario is great. maybe nextime ill win :p

JLO: For not knowing how to play a peach you really put me on the edge of my seat those were good games. im sure youll get me if we play again.

If there are anymore tournies in IC ill go for sure this was pretty fun

BTW... Yall are jealous i got 25th in both events.

Im never teaming with someone who has only played for a week again .-.

Nicole

Smash Champion
5v5 GodKats vs. Kansas would be an interesting fight indeed.

Since you know, GKs have never actually played anyone from Kansas....

clowsui

Smash Legend
Top 5 Ohio God Kais alone would be a challenge for Kansas tbh

Shugo/Infern/Y.b.M./AZ/Blue Rogue

v.

MJG/Domo/Holms/Mr. Doom/Zeton

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Commenting on people I played or talked to.

1: Kain - Good **** Kain. Sucks that you couldn't play it out, still $240 is pretty good at least.

2: Hylian - Dem Ice climbers, also who was the Kirby player you were with?

5: Fino - Thanks for the cig and friendlies,

7: yoshq - I'll learn that match-up, just practice and working on my mindset.

9: Arty - Stuff happens, next time...next time....

9: NaPPy - You jynxed Moe.

9: Akashi - I like hugs, ty for the complements.

13: Nicole - Those darn Peach's too busy beating me here. :/

13: Sago - I liked the hair.

13: FAE - Best. Lucas. Period. I loved it.

17: DLA - No beany? Go with a Sombrero again.

17: Scythe - Hatin' on my Red Bull, tis ok.

25: Kirk - Ike's are cool.

25: Asdioh - Fox is harder than Kirby for Lucario, imo.

25: Zwarm - Jordan didn't like how I didn't come off as joking with the, "He didn't want to come because he didn't want to loss" joke I made...my bad, I'm kinda bad with srcastic jokes. :(

25: Breezy - You were a great teammate, hope we can team sometime in the future.

33: Tmacc - If you learn that buffered Usmash on Luc...I'm gonna cry.

33: Red Ryu - Place better scrub.

33: Oro?! - I forgot to try out Project M, maybe at M.A.S.?

33: Legan - I wanted to talk, but it didn't happen. :< Your a cool guy.

49: Norm - I thought you didn't like Single?

49: Meneil - If Doom can get 5th, I can see you doing the same. You can do it, I know you can! ;)

65: Yink - TY, for hosting. I'll come in the future to other events if possible.

65: Composer - Nice Wario, thought you played Samus though?

65: Jlo - You beat me and placed lower, lolwut?

If I forgot anyone my bad, I have trouble with names.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Top 5 Kansas alone would be a challenge for Ohio God Kais tbh

Shugo/Infern/Y.b.M./AZ/Blue Rogue

v.

MJG/Domo/Holms/Mr. Doom/Zeton
we can play this game :psycho:

(i dunno if ks would win or if gks would win, all i'm saying is that mw-e shouldn't underestimate people they never play. and ks *****.)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Oh, I wasn't trying to imply any sort of estimation of KS' skill lol...KS took out Havok, ofc I'm not going to underestimate them. Not to mention the last time they came over to MWE their best (Domo) almost beat OS and lost on account of an SD.

Also a point worth noting is that I say "Ohio GK alone" 'cause a lot of people would say that consistently Judge is the strongest God Kais member; some people also think that Infern is not as strong as Renegade at Snake (particularly EC heads) and if Kain is going to join + Y.b.M. extends the offer, then Kain also becomes a debatably stronger choice than other players also.

Of course, I think KS would be more than enough of a challenge for non-exclusively OH GK.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Once again, thanks everyone for coming!

Again, I want to personally apologize for the inconveniences that arose during the day, especially to DLA and Trent. Not sure what happened there as everyone was in the player pool. I think late entries had something to do with it.

Anyway, shoutouts aren't really my thing especially since I'm not too great of a player to warrant them, but I do want to say a few things.

@Hades, thanks for the matches, nice placing, and showing what a real Yoshi player looks like. :)
@MMM, I want some real SF matches on PS3, I could tell the 360 pad was really hurting you. Hopefully I can make it down for a SF tourney sometime. (Browning points for housing in the future)
@Legan, Good stuff in TvC. You kept going for the long flashy combo, if you had just super'd most of the time you could have done better! Keep practicing other games, I think it helps, but of course I'm not exactly proof, unless you say that Smash helped me in the other games I'm good at lol.
@Vaderseven, Probably the biggest thanks to you for showing up and helping without complaint and encouraging Yink.

@Kansas- Good stuff as always, you guys always impress me with your level of play.
@Missouri- Love seeing you guys, hopefully you can make it the next Joker's.
@Minnesota- Thanks for coming again, I hope we can travel up there again real soon.
@Wisconsin- YoshQ da bess.
@Nebraska- I've been pole hitting free for 2 months. GS to rob for beating me. Good seeing Tyser and Uli again, you guys play BBCS? Melee iz da reel gaim guize srsly. Trent don't hate me!
@Illinois- You guys probably were a big factor in making this tourney as hype as it was, thanks for showing up.
@Indiana- Good seeing you guys for the first time. Tell Jayford to pick a character and stick with it. I might make it out there for Street Fighter, lol brawl.

@Iowa- specifically, those that aren't regulars. Sorry, I didn't get to meet like ANY of you. But I hope you guys can make it to Des Moines for another local event. POST in our thread and don't be intimidated.

Thanks Yink for a great tourney and letting me be a part of it. I usually go up to the TOs and shake their hands, but this will have to do for now.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
1: Kain :wolf: ($240) goooood stuuuufffff
2: Hylian :popo: ($145 split with Rei) same to you
2: MJG (Rei) :toonlink: ($145 split with Hylian) sad I didn't get to play you or anything, turns out I didn't need that TL vs ICs practice... not for this tournament, at least.
4: Future :popo: ($55) read above o_o
5: Mr. Doom (Snivy) :ike: ($14) good job :D
5: Fino :olimar: ($14) good job... glad I didn't have to play your Olimar D:
7: yoshq :luigi2: good stuff placing with Luigi, kinda wish I had played you
7: Zeton :fox: good stuff placing with Fox, wish I could do that, nice meeting and playing you, I think I'm getting closer screw you Chloe
9: Arty :falco: I still haven't played you and I'm kinda sad

13: Nicole you're so good... I think I'm gonna use TL next time :) nice meeting you
13: TripleR still haven't played you, good job on your placement though, nice meeting you
13: Sago here I was thinking you were some form of Hispanic or black
13: FAE amazing Lucas, fun friendlies good job in teams and singles

17: Moe ggs in brackets, I'll get you next time :) glad I surprised you with my mad Fox skills

17: DLA Ganondorf is somewhat kind of maybe a little legit in doubles
17: hades :3
17: Scythe anubis ahhh
25: Kirk nice seeing you again :D :D :D
25: Asdioh Me: "I'm going to place 25th or 33rd" *places 25th* "Well"

25: Breezy nice meeting you, and playing random FFAs. Me: "I'm going to get Peach or Yoshi" *Gets Yoshi, then Peach* "Well"
25: Joker :D

33: Kuares THANK YOU for housing us, nice meeting you, cool guy, nice Fox, great job for your first tournament!

33: Red Ryu Peach is scary dude! Yes, I'd much much much rather go Fox against Lucario than Kirby. good friendlies. Lol at the game being stuck on the 99 stock match because Pause was off
33: 4rce sorry if you weren't playing well, I got lucky to beat you, I can't handle Diddy Kong well at all, but don't think losing to me is a bad thing...

33: Calebyte :3
33: Wesley who the hell are you with almost my name?

33: Genie I talked to you briefly
33: Legan I'll beat you in Falcon dittos next time :) nice seeing you again

49: Westley who the hell are you with EXACTLY my name? I'm so confused

49: Thug ggs in brackets, work on that Pikachu! (screw MK lol, terrible character)
49: Norm hi again

49: Rauleen nice seeing you again, good job in doubles :D Hup hup hup

65: Yink too much to say here, great tournament, nice meeting you, etc. etc. etc.
65: Composer :3

97: Trent good job in doubles

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
25: Asdioh Shoutouts for not using Toon Link.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
BPx: Thank you for housing us. You were a really chill host and you were really considerate of us. I don't see how you can be so passive when your mom trolls harder than all of Kansas. L. Thanks again, man. (:

1: Kain: "Why am I helping you, I don't even know you?" L. Good ****, man. Hope to play you sometime soon.

2: Hylian: Hahaha, I promise, we'll play next time we see each other if you're still interested. You said GnW vs Diddy MM, right?

2: MJG: "What happened was, I shuttle looped...and then I grabbed the edge." L. afk.

4: Future: Cute placing.

5: Mr. Doom: Lolikewut?

5: Fino: Great to see you bouncing back, bro.

7: yoshq: I'm really glad that I played you. It made me open my eyes to the MU a little more. Definitely closer to 50-50. Probably 55-45 Luigi favor imo. Good matches though. Look forward to playing you again.

7: Zeton: Chin up. That's coming from me, man. I think you're taking this situation too seriously. You played really well here. Don't let what happened bother you too much. It's not worth losing sleep over.

9: Clel: Great teaming, as always. Sorry I ****ed up in winner's. We'll bounce back. Promise.

9: NaPPy: Nice placing. Good to see MN step it up.

13: TripleR: Like I said. Don't take what I say seriously. Good ****. Kirby's a ***.

13: FAE: Lucas > Mk

17: Moe: We should chill together more man. We talked a bit but nothing too seriously. You're alright though. Look forward to running into you again.

17: MetalMusicMan: Suck up is busted. Amazing adjustment to us from Kahoka to this week though. Major props. I honestly thought you guys had game 3. We just did some epicly flashy **** to steal the win.

25: Joker: Refer to my shoutout to MMM. Sorry if it seemed like I was trolling you when you were playing Legan and FAE. You know it's what I do. (:

25. Asdioh: Good job, man. I'm not gonna john about losing to you. You were just more clutch than me. Congrats man.

33: Tmacc: Lolwesukdood. Bounce back next time, right? Word.

33: 4rce: Lolwut? Step it up bro. This ain't you, man. This hella ain't you.

33: Legan: You. Are. Way. Too. Chill.

65: Yink: Smooth tournament. I think it was pretty efficient. I do think you should call matches more efficiently though. Remember, you have power and no one can stop you. You tell them to play their matches and they HAVE to. It was kind of tedious having to watch other people tell people to play matches out. But on the real, gooooooooood ****. I had a ****ty day but still had a decent time. Also, do you have that picture of me standing with Mr. Doom and Clel where I'm posing in front of them? I was looking forward to that.

Edit: I don't know who would win in that crew battle. I love Kansas, but that's a tough line-up for almost any State.

Arty

Smash Lord
This tournament was very fun, I was surprised we got 70+ people to come out.

Some shoutouts

Good stuff IL! Fun times hanging out and fun car rides. Good **** to Kain especially for repping IL!

2: Hylian - GGs in our MM, you got a lot better. I'll be ready next time, with possibly a different character. ;)
2: MJG (Rei) - I wanted to play you in singles, but GGs in doubles
4: Future - Winning with a G6 tag damnit
5: Mr. Doom (Snivy) - GGS, I wanted to play you too. I got a lot of Ike experience, so I wanted to see how you compare with Kirk/Ren
7: yoshq - GGs man. I was always scared to play you, and I finally did. I'll be coming back strong next time!
7: Zeton - GGs also. I should've stayed Falco game 3. GW was a bad idea.
9: NaPPy - DLA will get you next time! ;)
13: Nicole - GGs in singles and doubles. Falco matchup is tough for Peach :(
13: TripleR - That Melee Kirby is too good!
13: FAE - What a beast Lucas! You pulled some sick **** against us in teams
17: Sooyoung - GGs, I probably played my best matches of the tourney against you.
17: Moe - Don't be losin to mid tier characters like me! :colorful:
17: MetalMusicMan - Screw DDD, go all Falco man!
17: hades - Great Yoshi, next time lets get a MM in
25: Asdioh - Don't worry, we'll play next time! I need that Fox practice :)
25: Breezy - Keep reppin Ganon! There was something different about you, bc I didn't recognize you at first, but I don't know what it is lol
33: Tmacc - We'll play in tournament soon man :)
33: Red Ryu - You're gonna have nightmares about Peach! Serves you right for trolling Webster about Daisy all the time :colorful:
33: Calebyte - I was hoping to play that Mario!
33: Legan - Didn't know you played ZSS, Good stuff in teams
49: Biz - GGs, work on the diddy some more, it's much better than your MK
49: Thug - Fun friendlies, but get those CGs down
65: Yink - Thanks for hosting the tourney! Good job and those cookies were delicious!
65: Composer - Drop Samus and go all Wario man!
65: Jlo - I remember you from that one Chinese restaurant Chicago tournament! :colorful:
65: JBM - GGs in Melee. Hope you understand that I wanted to focus on Brawl. I'll give you a legit Melee set next time I see you.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
1: Kain :wolf: ($240) goooood stuuuufffff
2: Hylian :popo: ($145 split with Rei) same to you
2: MJG (Rei) :toonlink: ($145 split with Hylian) sad I didn't get to play you or anything, turns out I didn't need that TL vs ICs practice... not for this tournament, at least.
4: Future :popo: ($55) read above o_o
5: Mr. Doom (Snivy) :ike: ($14) good job :D
5: Fino :olimar: ($14) good job... glad I didn't have to play your Olimar D:
7: yoshq :luigi2: good stuff placing with Luigi, kinda wish I had played you
7: Zeton :fox: good stuff placing with Fox, wish I could do that, nice meeting and playing you, I think I'm getting closer screw you Chloe
9: Arty :falco: I still haven't played you and I'm kinda sad

13: Nicole you're so good... I think I'm gonna use TL next time :) nice meeting you
13: TripleR still haven't played you, good job on your placement though, nice meeting you
13: Sago here I was thinking you were some form of Hispanic or black
13: FAE amazing Lucas, fun friendlies good job in teams and singles

17: Moe ggs in brackets, I'll get you next time :) glad I surprised you with my mad Fox skills

17: DLA Ganondorf is somewhat kind of maybe a little legit in doubles
17: hades :3
17: Scythe anubis ahhh
25: Kirk nice seeing you again :D :D :D
25: Asdioh Me: "I'm going to place 25th or 33rd" *places 25th* "Well"

25: Breezy nice meeting you, and playing random FFAs. Me: "I'm going to get Peach or Yoshi" *Gets Yoshi, then Peach* "Well"
25: Joker :D

33: Kuares THANK YOU for housing us, nice meeting you, cool guy, nice Fox, great job for your first tournament!

33: Red Ryu Peach is scary dude! Yes, I'd much much much rather go Fox against Lucario than Kirby. good friendlies. Lol at the game being stuck on the 99 stock match because Pause was off
33: 4rce sorry if you weren't playing well, I got lucky to beat you, I can't handle Diddy Kong well at all, but don't think losing to me is a bad thing...

33: Calebyte :3
33: Wesley who the hell are you with almost my name?

33: Genie I talked to you briefly
33: Legan I'll beat you in Falcon dittos next time :) nice seeing you again

49: Westley who the hell are you with EXACTLY my name? I'm so confused

49: Thug ggs in brackets, work on that Pikachu! (screw MK lol, terrible character)
49: Norm hi again

49: Rauleen nice seeing you again, good job in doubles :D Hup hup hup

65: Yink too much to say here, great tournament, nice meeting you, etc. etc. etc.
65: Composer :3

97: Trent good job in doubles
33: Genie-I forgot what I talked about with you?

napZzz

Smash Hero
do you have pokemon online gamegenie????????

since we didn't get to pokemon nerd, we should get some PO action poppin :D

Dnyce

Smash Master
1: Kain - Lady Nana da bess... I miss her already ;-;
2: Hylian - Fun games, I feel like I'm getting close to not seeing you as an auto loss. Unfortunately I won't know that until I stop making ******** CP choices, haha.... 20 seconds into that game I remembered why taking you there was a risky idea @.@ Thanks for the advice at the end / support. I definitely went into the tournament saying "the only people who could stop me from winning the tournament is hylian... and mjg's secondaries" lol, sure enough XD. GGs!
2: MJG - I'm handing you the title for best troll. omg, the most AMAZING **** ever.

L
Good games though, I'm not mad... I honestly felt I played my best and you won. It's a good feeling, haha.
4: Future - You get less mad each tournament I see you at... and you seem to be placing higher and higher more consistently. Good ****, we all knew you had it... time to pick up a counter for TL ;o
5: Mr. Doom - is human. There is proof! Like... I'm both happy and sad at the same time. You're one BRILLIANT player, but I'm happy to know despite that... you still make mistakes. I'm sad because your mistake was not banning FD against Future :(
7: yoshq - stuff, things, words, we'll figure it out eventually, lol.
7: Zeton - Well, what happened was... I shuffle looped... and then I grabbed he edge. L
9: Clel - you told me you had that match. I approve of the confidence... but we should be beating mo more =/
9: NaPPy - olimar da bess :3
Despite being a bit old... most of this stuff still applies: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10613709&postcount=11

Hope it helps
9: Akashi - fun marf dittos =]
13: Nicole - thanks for the chapstick... which I seem to need at like EVERY tournament, lol.
13: TripleR - unwinable MU is unwinable =/ really fun playin, I think 4rce is going to try olimar against you, L
13: Sago - Cool dude... if you didn't lose to nappy we would've played =/ I was lookin forward to either one of you guys, haha (more so nappy cause snake is free)
13: FAE - I don't understand lucas.... hahahhaa too bad we didn't play :(
17: DLA - I gotta be like... the worst person you can see in bracket XD Olimar/IC da bess <3
25: Kirk - didn't get to play you *sadface*
25: Asdioh - L
25: Breezy - ganon da bess
25: Joker - wtf lucas... I didn't even see it... but damn
33: Tmacc - <3 fun talking ^^;
33: 4rce - man, it really sucks... but I realized something today. After my tough break... I started ****** tournaments... after MJs tough break... he became a top player... you're next... **** diddy
33: Legan - what a badass
33: Twink - gayest name at this tournament forsure
97: Trent - ...
-1 sonic :awesome:

On the Kansas vs IL. Realistcally can never happen since IL never travels full force. Ook hasn't been playing and our 3rd best player IMO never goes to anything.
I'll just start on kansas side crews with 2 stocks, and we'll pretend ook came :troll:

Top Bottom