• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl 64 - Back to the Basics - Announcement about the title screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
-.- I read the topic, quit jumping to conclusions. I was just making sure because there's a lot of changes being proposed that would/could be done in .pacs. You could very well change which moves are allocated to which inputs with .pacs for example with ease, it'd just be really repetitive and boring to do.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Dantarion, I tried out the unchargable smash attacks, and it works perfectly.

Along with the hitstun, hitlag, removed airdodge, ect., ect. changes, this is really starting to feel like SSB64.

We'll probably use pacs eventually.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You could very well change which moves are allocated to which inputs with .pacs for example with ease, it'd just be really repetitive and boring to do.
...That's what the .pacs are basically FOR. As far as I know, there's currently no other way to swap moves around.

We'll probably use pacs eventually.
You're going to have to if you want it to feel like Smash64 in the least.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Codes can do most of the things pacs can do, however quicker, and it can affect all characters at once if you want it to. Remember that.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Move swaps. Anybody want to make a code that moves Link's SideB to his B, and remove the SideB? How about change the animation that his Aerial UpB uses? His Dash attack?

There are not codes to do that at the moment. And even if there were, it's far simpler to do these things with .pac files. Occam's Razor, is pretty applicable. The simplest solution is the most likely.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I know what will have to be done in PSA. Saying "probably" was my lazy attempt at trying to get out of answering a question because I'm really, really not feeling good right now. XD

Still don't know what to do with Mario's down-b. The PSA thing with Mario tornado allows for multi-use... which is bad. But I don't want to leave him with a crappy move like Fludd. Maybe we can figure out a way to make Fludd better?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I still vote for the cape, but you people seem to think it would be awkward or something.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The codes I made are actually OpenSA based patches to Fighter.pac.
For removing the things that aren't in 64, its the best way to go.

I already got chargeable smash attacks out, the next step is..
Remove Pummeling?
Uthrow/Dthrow?
Ledgejump(Not ledgehop)
Wall and Ceiling Teching?
DI?

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Dantarion, if you could look into those things, I'd really appreciate it.

Bahhh, I should probably figure out how to use PSA myself and start removing specials XD

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
The codes I made are actually OpenSA based patches to Fighter.pac.
For removing the things that aren't in 64, its the best way to go.

I already got chargeable smash attacks out, the next step is..
Remove Pummeling?
Uthrow/Dthrow?
Ledgejump(Not ledgehop)
Wall and Ceiling Teching?
DI?
ohh man, this is something I want to see ^^

the codeset I made feels idk, kinda good, but I know it needs more tweaks on the shieldstun and prolly less hitstun

Link got a new Fair, only he's second hit shows up
Dk needs he's Fair fixed
Ness Needs only spike Dair
Yoshi needs only spike Fair

on some characters less aerial lag, I kinda screw giving everyone .8x after the hitbox on aerials appear, but, all start up aerials feels like 64

I'm going to try the non chargeable smash attacks and no airdodging and stuff

if it works you are my man dantarion

------ EDIT ------

anyone want me to fix the stuff on the codeset I made? and next time, I'll just use a zip for all .pac files, and with folders so it's easier to put it on the sd

just quote me on this thread letting me know if you want me to work with this project, and i'll try my best

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Code:
No sliding/High friction (based on Global Friction Modifier [Igglyboo])
04520100 3D6C56D5
C2857658 00000006
9421FF80 BC410008
3EC08052 C3360100
C023D134 3AC02EF0
7C00B000 40820008
EC21C82A B8410008
38210080 00000000

No air dodging/gliding/water lag
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000008
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0021 40820008
3B800033 60000000
2C1C0084 40820008
3B80000E 60000000
2C1C00B5 40820008
3B8000B6 60000000
939E0038 00000000
does this work???

also, I did not expect any freeze on my codeset, hope it'll be like that for ever

I can remove pummeling, but, with .pacs

I can try to do it to all characters, but if dantarion can make it, it will be much much better than messing with all .pacs

since we are starting with original 12 cast, what will it be with all 38 characters :O :|!

XD

anyways, let me know what you think that needs a fix, so I can fix it, and make it feel better

the only character I know that needs a fix is for Fair, it has up momentum, and I'll work on it now

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
The friction modifier crashes some. The other code works fine. If you can remove the pummel and other things with .pacs, I'd be happy to test it out for you.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
not nessesary to use .pacs for global changes really.

NAMQ says that A and B should make you throw while holding someone.
I'm gonna work on that, but in the meantime....

No Grab Pummel[Dantarion]
04FAF748 00000012

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Really? Does that mean that you could remove side-specials?

Though it wouldn't be global since certain characters won't have their side special removed, like Link and Ness who are lossing neutral specials... and possibly Mario with the cape as down-b... and a bunch of other characters that aren't in the original 12.

I guess that the other global changes you listed should come first though.

And thank you sooooo much. I'll compile a gct minus the crashing stuff and test it out tonight. You've been a huge help.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
A or B while grabbing does indeed throw forward. No throws besides F and B, as you said, and the throws were actually powerful.

Great job on those codes, Dant.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
No Ledgehop [Dantarion]
04FB6630 00000012
04FB6648 00000003

In making this code, I found how the game determines tap jumps sorta.
First line disables the button, second line disables tap jump input for ledgehop.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Great work, Dantarion!

@TheSilenceOfNoOne: Uh... sure? What were you hoping to do to it?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
No Ledgehop [Dantarion]
04FB6630 00000012
04FB6648 00000003

In making this code, I found how the game determines tap jumps sorta.
First line disables the button, second line disables tap jump input for ledgehop.
Totally unrelated, but if you ever decide to make a code to turn off Tap Jumps in Smash64, I will love you forever.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Is it alright if I make the Ness pac?
very suspicious... sounds like you are going to make a monster...

well, not every .pac will join SSB64 v2 or Brawl 64

they must work like they did in 64, or just play like they did in 64, we can always test what you guys do to the .pacs

WheelOfFish, do you know how to work with PSA?

I already worked with the original cast 12 .pacs and succeded, but, Fox Fair still has momentum somehow, I re-fixed the .pacs, since Dk's Fair didn't showed the Fair Upper hit, now it's supposed to show up

after all game physics are done, we can actually begin the balance stuff

EG: balance in Brawl 64??? well what do you know, there is balance

also, there's broken stuff everywhere, but, even though, they must be balance to allow any character win being broken or not

Smash 64, any character could do good, even though, some characters had their advantages, one hit from a dissadvantage foe can lead to a killing combo

anyways, just scrolling around the thread :p

tomorrow I'll keep watching the thread, and if I'm in humor, I'll Update the .pacs again

***** I need to upload the new .pacs I made a couple of hours ago, I'll do it tomorrow (also going to zip them for easy download *****

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
-,-

You obviously have to playthrough it before it gets in.

I just want to make the pac. Sounds like fun v;

also use controlconfig hurr u mad cuz tap jumpers stylin on u?

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
My knowledge of PSA is limited... I've got a decent grasp of coding though.

Go for it, TheSilenceOfNoOne. Like you said, we can test it out before putting it in. The two most important things Ness needs right now is DJC and PK flash removed/replaced with PK fire.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I have a recommendation for the working title:

BRAWL -
"Ten years more, of 64"

yeah, brawl minus, because you're mostly going to take features out, not add them.
And the slogan rhymes so it's C:cool::cool:L.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
what do you mean no ledgeroll?
When you push shield while hanging on a ledge, you just do your get-up attack in 64, as opposed to rolling onto the stage as in Melee/Brawl. So your only options on the ledge were to do a get-up attack, ledgehop, or just climb up.

Dantarion, is OpenSA able to run on Linux? PSA relies on the .NET framework...I can get it to run using Mono but it crashes when most dialogue boxes try to open due to Mono not supporting everything yet. Anyway, if it is and I am thus able to edit .pac's, I would be willing to contribute to this project.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
We also need to remove footstools and z-airs.

Just thought of those. I think z-airs might of been mentioned before but I don't think footstools were.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Don't use the .gct I made. I need to take that out of the title and OP. XD I'll make a non-buggy one ASAP, but it might be a while because I have a lot of homework to do.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I have an Idea, if you guys were in this forums by the times B+ came to smashboards, you may remember that, there was the official codeset of Brawl+, and 2 other codesets made by Muba and Kupo

we may need to do the same, and then people may say which codeset looks neat, or feel great

let me know what you guys say

also, WheelOfFish, might you Update the OP next time I add a codeset, and everytime someone give a codeset (lets say, you, me and someone else wants to make their own codesets, and we can also share ideas

and put the codesets on the front page, I think it should be considered, my last codeset has some minor errors, but no freezing

just need some character tweaks on their aerials and thats all

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
That's not a bad idea NAMQ. I'll add yours to the first post soon and take mine out.

Well, not all that soon since I'm kinda backed up with homework, but y'know.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
When you push shield while hanging on a ledge, you just do your get-up attack in 64, as opposed to rolling onto the stage as in Melee/Brawl. So your only options on the ledge were to do a get-up attack, ledgehop, or just climb up.

incorrect.

shield button = roll
analog stick = just get up
attack buttons = attack get up

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking about it. Shanus gave Fox JC-shine, so does that mean that you can make a move cancelable by certain animations? Like making taunts cancelable by the teetering animation... ? I think it would work the same way, but I have no how Shanus even managed the JC-shine.

gskhan

Smash Rookie
Useful threads:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=80690

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=80947

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100456

S canceling stood for shield canceling, and like I said, does exactly what z canceling did in 64.
No, S-cancelling DOES NOT do exactly what Z-cancelling does.

Could you make it so that Shield cancelling doesn't activate the shield if you use it to cancel lag?

You know, like it Smash 64...
^That is correct.

- No perfect shield for everyone, exept Yoshi (maybe 1 frame or 2 frame perfect shield for yoshi)
- Hitlag was not on all attacks, it was only massive hitlag on multihitbox moves, so, fix that with PSA intead of a Global Hitlag mod
- Dash Cancel with crouch was prolly 64, idk, maybe yes, maybe no
Yoshi's powershield has 4 frames to do so. It is stated in one of the useful threads I've posted.

Hitlag exists on all moves except throws. Hence, you can SDI all moves but throws. This too is stated in one of the threads at the top of this post.

Crounch cancel exists. Dash cancel doesn't. Again, look at the threads I posted.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Gskhan, thank you so much for the info. The threads are exactly what I've been looking for, especially the third one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom