• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl 64 - Don't Get Hit

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Apologies for the double post, but I'd just like to say work is once again underway on this project.

I also really, really badly need coders, specifically for ocarina codes.

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
good stuff! too excited. if its alright may i also be a play tester. i have been waiting anxiously wanting to play it!

Rikana

Smash Champion
I forgot that you have to completely remove DI. lol. You probably won't be getting that code anytime soon.

Anyways, I started play smash64 on Kaillera again. I miss it sooo much.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I already have the code. Magus made it for me... ages ago. It was the first code in the codelist.

Actually, because people are undoubtedly curious, and I feel like making some kind of list (waiting on a DL atm)...

Codes in the last build in the SVN:

Default Settings Modifier (5 stock, 10 minutes)
Coloured Shields
Unrestricted Control Editing
No Random Tripping
Hitstun Modifier (0.64)
Respawn Invincibility Modifier
No Air Dodge
No Smash Charge
No Wall/Ceiling Tech
Powershield Window Modifier (0 frames)
No Stutter Step
No Fastfall During Aerials
No Fastfall on C-Stick
No Walljumping
No Trajectory DI
Buffer Scale = Handicap Scale
No Autosweetspot Ledges
Pokémon Trainer Infinite Stamina
Ledge Snap Duration 3 -> 0
SpotDodge Input Window 4 -> 0

This is an older codeset, several codes have been added since then. Haven't been using the SVN... because there is no team except for myself.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I will.

It's a really busy week with school.

Then I have a tournament Saturday.

Also no character edits yet, I've been working on things like shields and such. Shields are coming along... slowly. It's a matter of getting them to last the right amount of time and take the right amount of damage. I still have no idea how long it takes for a shield to heal in 64, haven't a clue about how to go about getting that information.

Should really use my blog for this project as well.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

Could I help of course the people who asked before me have first dibs, but if I can help I would love to.
Nobody has "dibs". I'll let select people test. I'll have an application process at some point, probably at the time I get to character specific edits, which should be within the next month. I'm still really busy with school, that part of my life hasn't changed.

Also are you going to bring back all the 64 stages?
If possible, though it looks unlikely that the Kongo Jungle 64 barrel will return.

Also, to my knowledge, the only stages that are not made in at least a playable form are the two beta stages and a Zebes 64 that doesn't cause PT to T-stance. Of the made stages, Saffron doesn't have Pokémon coming out of the door, Peach's Castle doesn't have a working bumper, and I think that's about it. Oh, and I'll probably revamp most backgrounds of older stages that have ones that are particularly dated looking, specifically Battlefield 64.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Supreme Dirt. Lemme test it out or something too. We're basically from the same region.

Are you gonna be taking out sideBs as well? Personally, I'd like to keep them.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Precisely. Let's not get back into that argument, alright?

While we're at it, let's not have arguments for keeping Up and Down throws. For those who have not played 64, combo throws would be very, VERY broken.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
If possible, though it looks unlikely that the Kongo Jungle 64 barrel will return.
Also, to my knowledge, the only stages that are not made in at least a playable form are the two beta stages and a Zebes 64 that doesn't cause PT to T-stance. Of the made stages, Saffron doesn't have Pokémon coming out of the door, Peach's Castle doesn't have a working bumper, and I think that's about it. Oh, and I'll probably revamp most backgrounds of older stages that have ones that are particularly dated looking, specifically Battlefield 64.
LOL the beta stages. I also think there is no tutorial stage, and there is no Yoshi Island 64 without clouds. I could be wrong though...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually, almost all the YI 64 versions DON'T have clouds. So I need one with them. Forgot about that.

And tutorial? I assume you mean How to Play, which was made a long time ago by M22K.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Trial and error. I've searched and searched, and nobody has ever ripped the data from it.

I also know absolutely nothing about ripping data from 64, or I'd do it like that.

Hitbox sizes will be done by doing the whole "making hitboxes visible" technique, and comparing them to the 64 ones done by Fireblaster. A slight problem could arise, as afaik hitboxes were actual boxes in 64, and in Brawl they're more of a bubble. Probably won't be noticeable.

Right now I'm dealing with a load of school ****, though. So work is slow. Practically nonexistent slow. Mostly I'm trying to find the necessary codes to make this happen, and familiarizing myself with some of the more intricate mechanics of 64.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Malva00=Isai
SuperBoomFan can be found with some kind of variation to the name with weird characters.
Sensei, Fireblaster, SheerMadness, and plenty others on there are really good too, but I don't know how willing they will be to help.

They all play on 69.172.242.50

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i know sensei personally.. he taught me alot about n64 and melee. i can get in contact with him easily. i'm sure he has many good n64 connections

V-K

Smash Ace
I like this idea and I would help you coding if I had a clue how that works.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Technically, shouldn't that be an optional thing? Also, some people can't use that .brsar edit because their disc drives don't work.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
CSE when it's working.

Iunno, I just felt I needed some kind of an update, I'm busy trying to learn animating in BrawlBox.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
xD

I was in a pretty trash mood yesterday after seeing the abomination that is the Unity ruleset.

I'm still going to play Brawl.

But Brawl switched priorities with working on this.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually, that's a good point.

There's the Japanese set as well.

I've actually grown to like the Japanese set, as I'm using the Japanese version of the game as the base for this.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
... okay?

It's not like I'm taking the japanese version as word of god. But it definitely has one or two things which help characters. Except for Fox being nerfed relative to the NA release. His Up-B with invincibility... It doesn't necessarily seem broken... but it's a bit much.

Top Bottom