• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl 64 - Don't Get Hit

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure adding more stun to samus's Uair won't hurt. IIRC it gave frame advantage to the one getting hit in SSB64.
Same with fair, except uair gave a bit more of an advantage. Uair was like reactable advantage rather than just frame advantage.

Things that annoy me with Samus:
Above stuff
Usmash use is severly diminished by its start up lag.
People DI-ing out of up-b.
Down B taking double jumps
Down B taking a while before Samus can do other things.
Terribad grab but acceptable imo if DI-ing out of up-b becomes extremely difficult.

NNID
Budget_Player
It's nowhere near as easy as you think it is. I'm matching fall, walking, etc. speeds EXACTLY to 64. This takes a lot of work, a lot of testing, and quite a lot of time.

Taunt canceling is a code.

Also, I'd be matching knockback to 64 as well. As nobody has ever ripped the knockback values from 64, this is again trial and error.

It's NOT as simple as you're making it out to be. You also have to factor in that my entire life does not revolve around this project. I have school. I am trying to get into college.

Note that, as well, some of the more trash characters - I'm looking at you Samus - will be getting buffs, and that there are 25 new characters who need movesets.

If you'd like to apply to be on the team, either send me a PM or catch me on Skype. Don't post in the thread talking about stuff you don't know.
You never hit me up again...

Sorry but Samus is not trash and no one is in Smash 64. It's a pretty balanced game and I hope you'll leave the original characters exactly as they are.
Err... Wut? I was under the impression Samus was severely underpowered.

Can't edit individual hitstun on moves. I will however make it framesafe.
You can edit some factors, especially on multihit/fixed knockback moves, you can mess with the hitstun by using angle 16D and messing with BKB/WKB/KBG.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
She is, but the nature of the game allows her to still perform well. It's not like bottom tier in Brawl or Melee where the players have 0 chance to do well.

It's probably one of the most balanced fighting games out there.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
She is, but the nature of the game allows her to still perform well. It's not like bottom tier in Brawl or Melee where the players have 0 chance to do well.

It's probably one of the most balanced fighting games out there.
That is mainly by virtue of having very few characters. I mean, if I took the top 12 characters from Brawl and made a game with just them, that'd be pretty balanced too.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Brawl and Melee=top 5 win tournaments

Smash 64= every character can win a tournament.
A Samus won a Japanese tournament last summer.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Brawl and Melee=top 5 win tournaments

Smash 64= every character can win a tournament.
A Samus won a Japanese tournament last summer.
This is in part due to the under-developed metagame, and again: the lack of characters. When you say that only the top 5 win tournaments, I assume you are basing that purely off of majors (majors which both Brawl and Melee have A LOT more of).

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
This is in part due to the under-developed metagame, and again: the lack of characters. When you say that only the top 5 win tournaments, I assume you are basing that purely off of majors (majors which both Brawl and Melee have A LOT more of).
Lol at metagame being under-developed. Go play on kaillera against someone who isn't brain dead.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Did you just claim SSB64 has an under-developed metagame?

You get owned by average SSB64 players and claim it's under-developed with what basis again?

MattNF

Smash Lord
Uh, kefit is no where near being good.

Just stop arguing. You're embarrassing yourself.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
So to prove your argument, you post a single series of Isai vs a player that isn't close to being "one of the best". Once again, your lack of SSb64 knowledge of further shown by your posts.

What does this have to do with SSB64 having an "under-developed metagame" anyways?

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
ok ok stop arguing any way back on topic tl is like my main will his up b be improved in any way

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
well he cant do any attacks till he lands whereas link can do down a spike while in the air from his down b

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Please, tell me the name of someone who is "one of the best" and can actually compete with Isai.
Someone beat Isai not too long ago in a tournament iirc. Everyone made a big deal about Hyrule being a campfest stage because of it.

Correct me if I'm mistaken Fireblaster.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
She is definitely not underpowered. All I can tell you is that in 64, mid and low tiers can't be compared to Melee or Brawl low tiers, but rather respectively to high and mid tiers. They are all viable in their own regards, even if some are obviously better than others.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Melee Charge Shot.

But I'm not saying you're wrong. Charge Shot was at its best in 64 save for its speed and charge time.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, he's getting a traditional NAir, obviously. I'm also toying with the idea of either drastically increasing arrow control or reducing it to zero. If I reduce it to zero, Pit will focus on the other things that make him unique, like having many, many multi-hit moves. If I increase the control, he'll focus on arrows. They won't be as spammable, however.

That's all I'm really going to say at the moment.

With regards to the thread title, my life is suddenly busy. VERY busy.

Expect things to get underway around mid-March, when I should have most things out of the way and a new laptop.

So until then, use this thread to talk about the newcomers. I will be paying attention, and I will be keeping note of interesting suggestions.

~Supreme Dirt

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
What about that demo you said you *might* release since the original 12 were already done or something? Not gonna happen huh? :/

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No, I said when the original 12 were finished I might release a demo. They aren't already done.

Key word *might*.

Top Bottom