• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl 64 - Don't Get Hit

shanus

Smash Hero
BPC is a hater on all projects not B-, give these guys a chance because most of the codes for this project are pretty simple to execute

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wow, so much trolling.

Also, Ness w/Yoyo ZAir was dBrawl, the original project which I scrapped. Though you may not have noticed, the project is no longer OMFGSOMANYJUMPSBrawl.

I've decided there's no way side-specials will be in this, and I won't be backing down from that. Same with wall-teching, ZAirs, Spot Dodge, Air Dodge, etc.

Hopefully standardtoaster should have most of the codes done at some point next week. As it is right now, I'm going to be starting work on character attributes this weekend, then I'll begin on the animations and moves. Going to do my best to get fall speeds, running speeds, etc. just right.

Also, haters gonna hate.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, I actually found that a few minutes ago. A couple of moves seem to be missing but it's a start.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Which is a really good thread by the way.

Moreover @Fireblaster I'll PM you a link to a post I'd like to see the hitboxes for it if you don't mind...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Alrighty, BPC, what can you contribute? Don't post here, PM or VM me.

Also, that could be good, Monk.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
thought i'd add something:

don't forget add little quirks that smash 64 has, like [opnions] better[/opnions] sheild pressuring and sheildbreaking.

also, pivots, not like dash dancing, but pivoting. (keep dash dancing too btw.)

couple of other quirks:
yoshi down b can be ledge cancelled
myself said:
Fox's shine cancel
DK's congo hold/DK's ability to grab into any move
Link's no clip boomerang/ Bomb recovery (even though it doesn't work that well anyways)
YOSHI DJC PARRY (for the love of god, please keep this, also, make it so you can djc attacks also)
NESS DJC MOVES
Taunt ledge canceling
pivots
also supreme, you sure you don't need any help on this project as far as getting it done? i'm sure there are plenty of people willing to help.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I fully support this project and would love to give my help on Samus(my main character in Smash 64, Galaxy server; aka Sylphic)

Side specials do not need to be in Smash 64 and who ever suggests it clearly doesn't understand the nature of the game. It's like trying to throw in Airdodging or side stepping when it clearly doesn't need it. This is a Smash 64 remake(unless I have something wrong,) not "kinda like smash 64 remake with a bunch of other stuff."

inb4youretoostupidtounderstandsidespecials

Why try to change something that isn't broken?
Samus' up b has invulnerability on first few frames of rising and very few start up frames when already in the air(maybe 3 frames)
Back air has a lot of range and sweeps from above towards the back, also has a sourspot
Down air is kinda like Brawl's except much faster and maybe a bit more range in front
Grab is terribad, but has very strong knockback(throwback? XD). Gotten falcon punched for missing a grab.
(down b)Bombs blow up on touch.
Charge shot is a lot stronger
Samus is also the only character imo that can sweetspot the ledge from below without getting gimped by something like kirby's dtilt.
Aerial Up b can break shields when started with each hit hitting the opponents shield. Same thing with up smash but it only usually works on tall characters up against a wall (shield push back makes some hits not connect) First few Up smash explosions have huge hitboxes(especially backwards)

Also no lag ledges with no invulnerability on ledge release <3

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
Supreme Dirt im really good at beta testing if you want me to pm me with reply

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh yeah, Samus' Bair is going to need her SSB64 animation for that (which also applies to a ton of other characters too). Love her Bair so much in SSB64.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Smash 64 tier list ends with C tier Tommy. There is no bottom and besides which, almost any player who's name is worth mentioning acknowledges Smash 64's relative balance.
Seriously?

C tier is the bottom tier. I know the tier list. Just because someone calls it a venti size doesn't mean its not a large size. Just because someone calls it C tier doesn't mean its not bottom tier.
Smash 64 is the most balanced Smash game there is.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Anyways...

posting this thread on the Kaillera Galaxy 64 server (where people go to play smash 64 online)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So yeah, as to people who want in on this project, I will PM you if I want your help, either here or on kc-mm. I've just realized there are tons of good animators and the like over there.
Don't ask to beta test, if you ask you will not end up on the team of testers.

Now 64 was not unbalanced at all. It's easily the most balanced of the smash games. I will first be matching each character to their Smash 64 incarnation before I buff them.

GPDP

Smash Ace
So yeah, as to people who want in on this project, I will PM you if I want your help, either here or on kc-mm. I've just realized there are tons of good animators and the like over there.
Don't ask to beta test, if you ask you will not end up on the team of testers.

Now 64 was not unbalanced at all. It's easily the most balanced of the smash games. I will first be matching each character to their Smash 64 incarnation before I buff them.
I'm guessing Pikachu will be pretty much identical to his 64 self, along with Kirby, Fox, and Falcon for the most part, with the lower tier characters receiving more substantial buffs?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Lower tier characters will get a few buffs, yes. But that'll be a bit of a lower priority at the moment.

TL?

Smash Ace
To anyone who disagrees with the direction this project is taking: you could easily start your own brawl64 project. If you get a good team together it might even come out before this. PSA isn't that hard. Just sayin.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
To anyone who disagrees with the direction this project is taking: you could easily start your own brawl64 project. If you get a good team together it might even come out before this. PSA isn't that hard. Just sayin.
You clearly have a problem with this project. Couldn't you just stop posting if it's that big of an issue? SupremeDirt is already finding out exactly what people want from this project by directly asking from the community that this mod is catered to; if you don't like what they want, then this project isn't for you.

Getting back on the topic of balance despite how absurdly early it is to be talking about that, there are some definite concerned to how buffed some things get. Save a few characters, recovery should stay pretty weak. Link and Samus shouldn't be absolutely awful but very few characters should actually have safe recoveries like Kirby and Jigglypuff.

Also, all meteor angles should be made into spikes.

Anyone else find it absolutely hilarious that every smash mod that ever existed always has the same exact arguments and stupidity thrown around for the first few months?

Is there any real reason side specials are being scrapped (skewing balance, messing with the execution of certain techniques, etc.) or are they simply being left out to preserve the 64 feel?

I don't entirely care either way, I'm just curious.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else find it absolutely hilarious that every smash mod that ever existed always has the same exact arguments and stupidity thrown around for the first few months?

Is there any real reason side specials are being scrapped (skewing balance, messing with the execution of certain techniques, etc.) or are they simply being left out to preserve the 64 feel?

I don't entirely care either way, I'm just curious.
most likely to preserve the 64 feel

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
kenshen's got it right.

Also, meeting in #brawl64 is cancelled, some stuff beyond my control has come up. I'm going to get skype this week so people can catch me on that, and hopefully there's a point over the next week when we can get that chat together.

NNID
Budget_Player
AFAIK there's a code to remove/change meteor cancelling; we're going to need that.

As far as buffs go... We're going to be doing a lot of 1-1 copying, right? Jiggs would probably be good if fair or bair had decent range/priority; link just needs a slightly buffed upB... Samus needs a retool. >.>

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
What moves actually meteor cancelled in 64? I was always under the impression that pretty much all of them were actual spikes, which I'd just need to add 360 to the angle to make them into one.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Whatever, I'll test myself what can be meteor cancelled.

Undoubtedly the window is different.

Top Bottom