• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, guys?
Alaric Skywalker said:
If he gave you that password, that hints that he's putting the site management into your care. Anyhow, if you feel like you can't do it by yourself, here's a tip: Gather the main uploaders (e.g., Segtendo; Soneek; etc.) and decide who will take care of what part of the website maintenance. If I don't see any action about a decision about who will man the site's maintenance by the end of the week, I will get a profile on Smash World Forums to "rub it in" to the others, and not stop reminding you until I get an answer (considering that Segtendo wants the site back more because of MooseHunter's trip, one would be motivated to find a substitute for the site's maintenance). If you're unsure about anything that I've just said, just let me know, and I might give a few ideas of what you and the others could do to man the site.
WE HAVE .... FOUR. no... THREE DAYS! RUN!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Yeah, I really am having a hard time with waiting since you guys haven't stated anything about who'll watch over the site's maintenance while MooseHunter is away, and I want to know what's taking so long and to try and help "speed up the process" in any way I can help. Also, Segtendo did say that he wanted the site back more after hearing what MooseHunter said about his trip.

Also, my mistake for posting the link twice already. I'm really nervous about it. Just keep an eye on it just to be safe.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Remind me, TheUltimateKoopa, has anyone decided yet on who will man brawlcustommusic while MooseHunter is away? I really want to know, since I really miss the site.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Let's say Moose invented the internet, and created brawlcustommusic (as he did).
Linkshot has composed songs for a game, and Moose, and standardtoaster, have made BRSTMs to go on this site.
Segtendo, because of the law, which, we'll pretend has been passed, decides to shut down brawlcustommusic.
In this fictional 'story', Segtendo.. is shutting down a site owned by moosehunter, because it has BRSTMs from songs composed by Linkshot.
I'm a bad guy? D:

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
I think TheUltimateKoopa is just toying with you, Segtendo. Let's not forget how badly you want the site to return since we learned about MooseHunter's trip. Anyhow, while you're here Segtendo, has it been decided who'll manage the website while MooseHunter is away? If not, when do you guys intend on figuring it out?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I PM'd you.
We have no clue who's gonna run the site while moosey's out.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Do I have to get all of you guys together when you're all online to have a big conference just to figure out who will manage the website (and bring it back online) so that you guys can finally make up your minds? I feel like that's where it's going towards and I don't want to do it if you guys will figure it out. Unless a decision is made soon (like into the first week of December at the latest), I'll probably be making quite a few messages to a few people to get in gear, for when I focus on something, I don't stop focusing on it until it's done. Restoring brawlcustommusic is no exception (though I won't be all harsh about it. I will try and find a good time for all of us to do it if it'll help bring the site up sooner).

Oh, MooseHunter, while you're on here, will you make sure that someone is chosen to manage brawlcustommusic before you head on out, please? I really don't want to wait until 2013 for the site to return.

Dang it. I was so hoping that he'd answer that question while he was online.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I was planning on sharing the YouTube account with the mods of the site when I started reuploading songs anyway, so it's not like I was handing over the site to anyone.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Have you done anything like this before?

The most recent BRSTM I have from the site is 14852, which was uploaded on October 9, 2011 at 3:05 UTC.
The site went down on October 9, 2011 at 14:45 UTC

Guess that's what I get for turning off computer off at night. :p
No, but in terms of BRSTM's, I've made close to 100 since the crash. I have some friends who have experience with coding, so if I had problems with that, I could ask them...I merely offered for the sake of helping out, not because I have experience running a website. The only thing I've run is the BRSTM Factory for nearly 2 years now. I'm just a BRSTMer wanting BCM up and running again, and if I can pitch in, I will.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Oh. Thanks for the info. I hope that it'll help us play the BRSTMs like we did before the site went offline. I so want to listen to the newest BRSTMs for Sonic Generations (since, when I tried playing a few that I downloaded, I didn't get the same effect the website does after a certain duration.), especially the Time Eater boss theme.

I'm surprised that you haven't accepted my friend request yet, Segtendo. Did you not see it earlier? (Just wondering.)

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Thanks Segtendo.

Now the only ones left are: Soneek; Flame Hyenard; and Linkshot to get the friend requests sent and then I'll be able to keep in touch with the main BRSTM group (which will be helpful for issuing out requests, which I'll start doing as soon as the site, or the mods, are up and running so that you guys aren't rushed.).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well what moosehunter said earlier explains why he gave me the e-mail and password.
BTW everyone the password is... *************

No seriously, it's lots of asterisks in a row <__<

soneek

Smash Ace
Thanks Segtendo.

Now the only ones left are: Soneek; Flame Hyenard; and Linkshot to get the friend requests sent and then I'll be able to keep in touch with the main BRSTM group (which will be helpful for issuing out requests, which I'll start doing as soon as the site, or the mods, are up and running so that you guys aren't rushed.).
I got you. I think we'll all be happy once we have the site back, but we still need to be patient about it. Bugging us constantly, (starting in 3 days?) won't be of much help. Whatever can be done, will be done...I think.

BTW nice to finally meet you!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
soneek, I know I've been bugging you all about it, though I wasn't saying that the site should be up in three days, it was that I wanted to know what the decision was on who'd manage the site in that time.

And, nice to meet you as well.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
soneek, in my opinion, I think you should be a mod whenever the site comes back up, seeing as though you've constantly made a ton of BRSTMs in the site's down time. You also seem responsible.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Segtendo, what you've just said is starting to make me think that we're actually indirectly working towards getting the site back (or at least the next best thing, a.k.a., the mod).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm saying that moosehunter should.
I don't have administrative powers, nor am I working on the site.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Um, Alaric? You said something that doesn't make sense.
You mentioned the site being back, and then mentioned "or the next best thing", and then said "the mod" -- it's clear you have no idea what we're talking about. A mod, as in me, Segtendo, and Flame is someone who is able to approve, reject or update BRSTMs. We are mods. There is no such thing as "the mod". You obviously thought we were talking about mod, as in "modification", but we're refering to "moderators". As in, Segtendo is a moderator of this forum (which is true, hence his name is Red).

In other words, us being a mod of a site that isn't up, is not the next best thing. What you said, if I may compare it to something, is like saying that the 3DS should work again, or the next best thing, the "games". I say that because, if you compare this to what you said, it's a similar situation. Since the game is hardly the next best thing, it's merely part of it. We're part of the site. So, without the site, we can't be a mod.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
It's alright Segtendo, we all do that at some point.

TheUltimateKoopa, thanks for the clarification. I thought that MooseHunter was talking about a back-up site that could allow us to play the BRSTMs like we did on the original site. Oh well, thanks again for correcting me there. I hope that we (the mods and their companions) can get the site back up soon, even if it means all of us pitching in to bring it back (which is kind of what I'm expecting to happen).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Alaric, as I said, how exactly is "us pitching together" going to help bring it back? You can't just get a group of random people together, and expect the site to get back quicker. AFAIK, only moosehunter can get it back. I don't think there's anything we can do whatsoever. So, if I'm not mistaken, the only option is to wait... if you can.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Well, we get together, discuss who's going to do what to help bring the site back, we take what we've decided, put it into action, and the combined effort will hopefully work to help bring the site back up. As for the people, it's simply me, you, Segtendo, soneek, Flame Hyenard, Linkshot, darksamus77, and (if he has enough time to help us get started) MooseHunter.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Again, how can we decide how to put the site back up? Only moosehunter can bring the site back. It's not like it's been taken down and we can some how pitch in and get signatures to get someone to open the site or something. The site is down because the host is down. There's NOTHING we can do about it. Only moosehunter can do that. You seem to have no clue... or I do... well we all do.

No offence, but please let moosehunter do it in his own time, and let everyone else do what they want, in their own time. We don't need you to constantly ask us when the site's back, nor to make such ridiculous demands as "make a decision by the end of the week" with 'threats' such as "I'll make an account and post every day until I get answer". Just wait. I've been waiting since early last month. If I can wait for a game for over 18 months, surely you can. And I'm on the very low end of "autistic".
Seriously, this video represents you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSh3sVJKHAY

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Only the Mooseter Sword can defeat Downtime.
This popped up when I finished doing the BRSTM of the original Temple song from Zelda 2. :awesome:

@DarkSamus77 : when you post something, there's a few icons beneath your comment box. One of them is a thumb-up ! :awesome:

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Well, in that case, why not ask him what's needed to bring it back before he leaves for his trip?

Also, for me, waiting for the site to return is extremely hard to do, since no other site is like it (in the terms of being able to play soundtrack and not have to worry about it beginning from the start, which is annoying for soundtrack that has a "beginning" that starts it off, like the Emperor Ing phase 2 boss theme), and the longer it takes to return, and the more time passes without any further update makes it extremely hard to wait. Part of it is wanting to hear what cool BRSTMs you guys have made,..., so badly that it's like a nightmare that you can't escape. A game is one thing,..., a website that features a way to listen to music indefinitely is another, and since there hasn't been any updates, I almost wonder if MooseHunter is almost too busy to do anything about the site. If that's the case, I wish he'd tell us this and follow it up with and estimated time when he'd be able to do a large amount of work on the site, then the waiting won't feel like 8-5-12-12 (FYI, this is a number-to-letter code).

TheUltimateKoopa, I really disapprove of being made fun of. If it takes defeating you in a brawl match to get any info out of how much longer it would take, that's what it's looking like it'll be. Either apologize for the mean video, or you might lose your title as "smash lord" to me and Pikachu in a brawl match (if you accept, anyway).

To everyone else, TheUltimateKoopa isn't really helping me any, and is making it harder for me to wait. Just from the looks of the video he posted about how I appear to be, someone needs a good talking, since I have had several hard times already. If you guys have any sympathy for me, please try and find out if MooseHunter will give us the info for restoring the site. I really want it back online so that I can listen to my favorite soundtrack endlessly and without the need to download non-brstm files. Also, do it not just for me but for all of the other fans who are having even more of a hard time waiting for the site to return.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Watch is, Supreme Dirt. Get me ticked enough and I will give you a reason why it's not wise to make me mad (a.k.a., defeat you in a brawl match.)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
lmao.

I'll $50 MM you at any tourney we both happen to be at. :dedede: vs. I assume :pikachu2:.

Which is unlikely as I'm pretty sure you're a WiFi only player.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Supreme Dirt

I don't know what MM means, but I don't think that it's possible to do that money bet (which I decline on due to the fact that I don't want mom to know why I'd owe anyone she doesn't know money).

And, I think that's pretty much true, so a brawl match between us is kinda,..., impossible for now.

Anyhow, I've just put up a thread to see how many people want the site back up a.s.a.p. so we can tell if restoring the site is a high priority or not.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Moose? There's a file called "brstmdatabase-10-09-11.tar.gz
It says it was last modified on October 9, 2011 at 15:02 (UTC/GMT/UK time). You said the site went down at 15:15? So, basically I have every BRSTM? Or were there some that were uploaded in those 13 minutes or so?

In full, I have 13,474 BRSTMs, from June 22, 2010 at 17:05, up to October 9, 2011 at 12:15.
Some ".htaccess" file, 16 "brstmdatabase" files, one for each day from September 24, to October 8, all at 22:02, and that one that was modified at 15:02 (I assume it would have also updated at 22:02, and then the next day would have started?)
I also have 117 logos, 13,474 MP3s, a .htaccess file in "tmp", another .htaccess directly in the backup folder, as well as:
"comments.csv" -- September 29, 2011 at 21:47
"FMP3.swf" -- May 31, 2008 at 21:53
"Main.xslx" -- September 29, 2011 at 22:07
"MP3Play.swf" -- September 10, 2010 at 04:51
"music.swf" -- September 10, 2010 at 04:49
"music2.swf" -- September 17, 2011 at 01:30

As far as I know, I have every, and I mean every BRSTM that was ever uploaded to BrawlCustomMusic. *sees a hint of jealousy in Alaric's eyes*
Now if only there was simply a way of sharing all these BRSTMs, but ... if anyone has any ideas to upload over 48 GB of files quickly... which you don't, therefore, they're all mine... MINE, I TELL YA!

Top Bottom