• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I have the entire collection of BCM's BRSTMs, as you know, although I specifically uploaded those 2 from the ISO I ripped months (well over a year) ago. I appears Flame doesn't have the ISO...

Also, here's a 3-track preview of the Mario Kart Wii soundtrack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLJm6I9G3wo
I uploaded it at 480p simply because I wanted to uploaded it quickly. When the official soundtrack is released, I'll probably upload videos at 1080p, if there're any FLACs available.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'll grab it later :p

Also, got ANOTHER e-mail from our mystery man.
Alaric said:
Hey guys, Alaric here.

I was just wondering to myself about the site, and I want to know your opinions about it:

1. When do you think the site will return at the earliest? The latest? (I think a good range of when it could return would be nice)

2. What are the chances of the site returning before December? (a.k.a., the site returning before November 30th) Reason? (I'd like to know why so I'm on the same page)

3. How long do you think the site will remain up (once it does) and how much do you think the site will make (fund wise) before then?

I hope this won't take up most of your time, but this is so that I (along with the other impatient people out there) can get a good idea of how long to wait for the site to return. Answer these three to the best of your ability if you want to. Later.

soneek

Smash Ace
Also, got ANOTHER e-mail from our mystery man.
I'm surprised he hasn't made an account and posted here yet. He's been asking the same questions on the YouTube channel and getting the same answers each time. It's hilarious to me how persistent he is.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm surprised he hasn't made an account and posted here yet. He's been asking the same questions on the YouTube channel and getting the same answers each time. It's hilarious to me how persistent he is.
Yea.

He's desperate forthe site to come back.

He should make an account here.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
43 days have passed since BCM was last online.
It went offline on October 9th, and it's now November 21st... *cries*

Moose? How much ARE you willing to tell us about what's going on with BCM? And I don't mean "it'll be up soon", I mean, like, how much can you tell us regarding why it's down, and/or why it's taking so long?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Is there some converter to auto-loop NSF files? I really want to put a fairly large amount of NES music into my set, but with BCM down and Brawl Vault "loops" being unreliable...

moosehunter

Smash Ace
43 days have passed since BCM was last online.
It went offline on October 9th, and it's now November 21st... *cries*

Moose? How much ARE you willing to tell us about what's going on with BCM? And I don't mean "it'll be up soon", I mean, like, how much can you tell us regarding why it's down, and/or why it's taking so long?
There isn't anything I haven't told you.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, what should I tell Alaric, to get him to stop constantly asking when the site will be up, or whatever he's trying to say? Also, do NSF files even HAVE loop data?

soneek

Smash Ace
It does kind of urk me that you can play xSF formats endlessly, yet they don't give you loop points. Even in seconds format would be good.

On another note, one of my friends got the orchestrated Zelda CD from the limited edition of Skyward Sword. It sounds amazing. I'll get working on those.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, they must have a loop point somewhere. For example, in Super Mario Land 2, you're playing a stage. You have an intro, and then the main melody. It then gets to the end, but loops without the intro. How does it know to loop from say, 0:05 to 0:50? Otherwise, it'd get to the end of the loop and stop suddenly (or repeat from the beginning, including intro)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Here's a PM I got from.... yeah, guess who XD:
In answer to your question to the others.
Yeah, I do want to know how far along MooseHunter is with reviving the site, and I can tell you what MooseHunter can do, in addition, that will get me to not email you guys as frequently.

#1: Whenever MooseHunter posts something on Smash World Forums (mainly Brawl Custom Music Hub: archiving all the music in one place), he could add at the end of his comments on how far along he is with restoring the site.

#2: If something comes up that'll keep him from working on the site, or if there are other things that are part of his life, he should probably mention them so we aren't questioning him about why it's taking so long (this is an important one, since I don't know what's going on in his life).

#3: So that we know what he does in his day-to-day life, I'd like for him to give us an idea of how much of the day he spends on fixing the site and doing other stuff in his life (a ratio of "working on the site" to "other daily activities" would be a good way for him to sum it up).

#4: Provide an estimate, which can change depending on what he can conclude (yeah, it's basically so that we can have an idea of when it could potentially return, though it could be susceptible to change depending on what else happens to him in either fixing the site or in his daily life).

#5: For when the site is going to be updated (so that we can still access it), I'd kinda like a back-up site for the BRSTM player and the files when the main site is updating to be able to access the site (if anything, one that can provide some money for the main site so that MooseHunter can replace the host when he needs to).

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask me. I want to be recognized a bit more than just "the mystery person" or "our mysterious friend" or stuff like that (I'd get a profile on Smash World Forums, but I don't know what the requirements are, and I don't want to do it if I have to pay to keep it active).

Firstly, remind us, what are the requirements to register/make an account here? XD

So, basically, he wants you to do something like this this, moosehunter... I think.

moosehunter said:
I played Mario Kart 7 today, YAY! Also, I had carrots, and brocolli for dinner! YAY!
I'm 76.2796904% on fixing the site, my cat is keeping me from updating the site sooner, the ratio of fixing the site and other stuff is about 5:1 against fixing the site, the site will hopefully be up by December 27, 2011 at 5:23:01.376 pm.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Well, this isn't exactly the best time, seeing how the site's down and all, but it appears that I'm probably going to move somewhere that, until further notice, I won't really be able to be on a computer much at all, much less have time to manage a website. So, I hate to say it, but I'll be leaving for a little while. I don't know exactly when, but it'll be in the next month or two.

As you can imagine, somebody will have to take over the site in my absence. Like I said, this is really bad timing, especially seeing how I was just about to overhaul the code to the site. I don't know exactly when I'll be back, but it might be anywhere from 6 months to a few years.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
That's 'kay, Moosehunter. You've done an exceptional job thus far.
If only the host didn't suddenly crap out on us. I was planning on rewriting/refactoring much of the site's code before I left, but then *BOOM* hostshot.

TUK had hourly backups of the brstms and the brstm part of the database, I had hourly backups of the web directory and the entire database, and backups of the rest of the server were just made whenever I felt like it, which in this case appears to have been September 27.

Hopefully somebody will be willing to take up the site. I'll still be here for a little while to help, but I don't know how long.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That's 'kay, Moosehunter. You've done an exceptional job thus far.

stares at TUK
Are you suggesting I "take over"?
Well I'd be happy to -- but if I was, and if moose was willing to temporarily (hopefully) hand it over to me, I'd like to know exactly what it'd involve.

Also.... a few.... years...... *has major panic attack* <_____________<

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
He's going to the moon.:awesome:
No, but really, good luck in wherever are you going! :)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Are you suggesting I "take over"?
Well I'd be happy to -- but if I was, and if moose was willing to temporarily (hopefully) hand it over to me, I'd like to know exactly what it'd involve.

Also.... a few.... years...... *has major panic attack* <_____________<
So, if, I was the person, what would I have to do?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
o_O -- so.... probably not something in my area.
I'll probably just stick to being a moderator :p
Anything involving codes, patches, blah blah, is completely out of my league.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
If only the host didn't suddenly crap out on us. I was planning on rewriting/refactoring much of the site's code before I left, but then *BOOM* hostshot.

TUK had hourly backups of the brstms and the brstm part of the database, I had hourly backups of the web directory and the entire database, and backups of the rest of the server were just made whenever I felt like it, which in this case appears to have been September 27.

Hopefully somebody will be willing to take up the site. I'll still be here for a little while to help, but I don't know how long.
I'm not sure if I'd be able to, but I'm interested...

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if I'd be able to, but I'm interested...
Have you done anything like this before?
The most recent BRSTM I have from the site is 14955, which was uploaded on October 9, 2011 at 12:15 UTC.
The most recent BRSTM I have from the site is 14852, which was uploaded on October 9, 2011 at 3:05 UTC.
The site went down on October 9, 2011 at 14:45 UTC

Guess that's what I get for turning off computer off at night. :p

soneek

Smash Ace
6 months to a few years?...man good luck with whatever you have to do.

Yeah hopefully someone will be able to manage the site. Looks like a loooot of work though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Aww crap. You'll be gone for that long?
That makes me want the site up even sooner :c

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
You'll be going away for quite some time, Moose O_O

Good luck with whatever you're going to do, then :)

That means I have many BRSTMs sitting in my "To upload" folder to, well, upload somewhere else... Brawl Vault, here I come ! :awesome:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've done "Sonic Generations," the first Phoenix Wright game, and am almost done with Generations 3DS. Gotta loop one more track.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Shall I tell you the HONEST truth?
The last BRSTM I actually made (including ones I just updated), was on October 27, 2011 at 1:39 am
From October 25 - 27, I basically made BRSTMs from that recent Sonic 1 & 2 Soundtrack.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Well, let's just say that, if the bill described in the link is passed, we can kiss any popular sites like facebook and brawlcustommusic "goodbye forever."

As far as I know, from what it seems like, if the bill described in the link is passed, many websites will be shut down, starting with those that are for entertainment. Since Smash World Forums kinda falls into that category,..., you know what I mean.

Just watch the video in the web link to see what I'm talking about.

Oh, it would help if I gave the link to you guys. Here's the link if you're wondering. Check out the video there for more details. http://americancensorship.org/

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But.... aren't ALL sites on the entire internet "for entertainment"? I don't think they mean things like Smash World. I mean, how the hell is "talking about video games" even remotely wrong? Heck, how exactly is providing music ripped from a disc wrong? If it's an official soundtrack, I can slightly see how that'd work, but, for example, a rip from Mario Kart DS -- how is that illegal? It's not like they're losing any money over it. If Mario Kart DS had a soundtrack, yes, but it doesn't.

But I'm from the UK, so, I dunno how the ******** American system works, but the way they're saying, it sounds like it's like this.
Let's say Moose invented the internet, and created brawlcustommusic (as he did).
Linkshot has composed songs for a game, and Moose, and standardtoaster, have made BRSTMs to go on this site.
Segtendo, because of the law, which, we'll pretend has been passed, decides to shut down brawlcustommusic.
In this fictional 'story', Segtendo.. is shutting down a site owned by moosehunter, because it has BRSTMs from songs composed by Linkshot.

If this is confusing, it appears it allows people to do whatever they want, even if what they're doing it to, has nothing to do with them. Like if I decided to shut down YouTube. I have nothing to do with YouTube, but that's what the law suggests I could do, if I was one of them.

But again, as I said, how do you know they mean things like brawlcustommusic? As I said, every site is "for entertainment". I mean, think of a site that does NOT have anything to do with films, TVs, games, videos, or some form of entertainment, including, cars, wrestling, flowers, weather. If they took everything "for entertainment", there'd be very little left. Infact, I'd be surprised if there's "Something" left at all.... and I mean that literally:
http://www.something.com/ -- we'll be lucky if we have even that left on the internet.

Also, you already gave the link, in the other post you made just earlier.

Top Bottom