• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

soneek

Smash Ace
Hey, did anybody already upload the brstms from Kirby's Return to Dreamland yet? Because I've got them all extracted onto my comp if anyone wants me to upload them.
If you've tagged them, then I think you should be good. I never got around to finishing them. xD

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Wait.
Who uploaded that CDi Zelda video to moosey's Youtube? >.>
Aye, 'twas I, while I was 'igh (high)!

<_< Actually I just did it so people can stop saying "no videos for a month, ur ded?"
I also changed the title later to say something like "I can't upload videos while the site is down".

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
As far as I've seen from the thread, no. Go for it. Are the brstm names unchanged or have you renamed them to match what's in the game (no official names).
Most of them are tagged for the custom music maker, so they should be good. I'll upload them when I'm back later this evening.

Oh, and uh, some of the titles are inaccurate. I just winged some of the stage numbers.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Hey there. I have a question about uTorrent. How did you upload the brstms to uTorrent? It's not cooperating with me and I don't know what the deal is. Can you give me a hand with it, please? (If you need more info, I'll gladly give you everything that I know.)

moosehunter

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Hey there. I have a question about uTorrent. How did you upload the brstms to uTorrent? It's not cooperating with me and I don't know what the deal is. Can you give me a hand with it, please? (If you need more info, I'll gladly give you everything that I know.)
Are you trying to download? If so, just open the .torrent file.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@moosehunter

How do I do that? (I'm not seeing an option for "open as .torrent," and I'd like to know how it's done.)

I'm trying to make a picture of what the problem is so you can analyze it.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

Just did that (and limited the list to just a few of the games that I'm into, for now) and it still won't download them. When I try to open the containing folder, it gives me an error message that says "The path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Alaric\My Documents\Downloads\folder' does not exist or is not a directory." Is there something I didn't do correctly?

Also, under the info tab, it says that it's availability is 0.00%. Did this happen to you?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
@Segtendo

Just did that (and limited the list to just a few of the games that I'm into, for now) and it still won't download them. When I try to open the containing folder, it gives me an error message that says "The path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Alaric\My Documents\Downloads\folder' does not exist or is not a directory." Is there something I didn't do correctly?

Also, under the info tab, it says that it's availability is 0.00%. Did this happen to you?
I have no clue what you're doing wrong.

Torrents work fine for me...

And no, I haven't downloaded the torrent.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

Then what did you do? (Maybe if I was told how you got it to work, perhaps I can figure out what I did wrong and see if doing it the way you did fixes the problem. If you think it'll help, just give me the steps you took, in list format so I can check through it as I go, and we'll see what happens,....., once I give it a shot of course.)

@TheUltimateKoopa

If you've been following along with what Segtendo and I have been talking about, feel free to help out if you want (for the more help I can get with the "situation" I have with uTorrent not cooperating with me, the more positive ratings you'll get from me,..., once I figure out how to submit them).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
What I do, with Firefox, is make a .torrent file open with uTorrent.

That way, I can just download the torrent and it'll automatically be added to uTorrent to download.

I don't know if that helps or not, but that's what I do with torrents.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

Did that but it still isn't cooperating with me. When I was trying to download it straight up, it asked if it should open as a notepad file. Do you think that has something to do with this?

Why do I have a funny feeling that I have to defeat TheUltimateKoopa in a brawl match just so that I can get him to cough up how I am supposed to get anything from that torrent file he made? For some reason, it worked for you and not me. When I was setting where to save it, it said that it was a text document. Is that supposed to happen?

Okay, for some reason, the file isn't reading as a torrent. I even tried BitTorrent 7.5 and it still won't work. I want an honest explanation from TheUltimateKoopa about this!!!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@soneek

I've been trying to do that, but I can't seem to get the printscreen button to work. I'll keep trying once I get it to work.

All you have to do is punch printscreen once, right?

soneek

Smash Ace
Yeah, then open Paint and hit paste, unless you have better image software.

@Seg and TUK

Any luck getting streams from HCS?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Alaric, in your "My Documents" folder, is there a folder called "Downloads"? If not, create a new folder and call it "Downloads", and in that folder, create ANOTHER folder called "folder".

Basically, it should by My Documents -> Downloads -> folder. Try that. Then try what you were doing before.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Still not working, even after that. Anything in the options that might be effecting it?

Here's the path that I have for it. C:\Documents and Settings\Alaric\My Documents\Downloads\folder

Is there something about this that is causing a problem?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
1. Open torrent file
2. Specify download location
3. Select files to download
4. Click go

If it says downloading, it's working.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Look at that window that pops when you open your torrent.
Or right click -> advanced -> set DL location
Click stuff until you find it, and try to actually look at those dialogs that pop up.

And why are we spending pages on helping someone get a torrent going?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@moosehunter

So that, if anyone else is having the same trouble that I'm having, we aren't getting complaints from them. Also, it'll help me out for future use whenever the site goes down.

Also, it's so that way I don't have to demand TheUltimateKoopa to just upload the individual files onto mediafire for the lack of inaccessibility that I have over this thing, for it's still not working.

Do you think that I have to mess with the directory settings to get it to work?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@moosehunter

For some reason, it says that the ETA is infinite, and that the torrent is inactive. That might have something to do with why it isn't working.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@moosehunter

Yes, but it's download rate is 0.0 kb/sec, something like that.

If TUK does need to seed the thing, let him know that that be why it isn't working, and once he's seeded it, it'd be nice if he'd put a link to the seeded version of the torrent. That way, the impatient for the site to return will have something to tithe themselves over until the site returns.

Also, when I tried to limit the list down, it still automatically downloads all of the folders. Not that this is a problem, but it lists that the upload speed is 0.0kB/sec; it has infinite amount of time left to download; has 0 to 0 seeds connected; and time's just ticking away. If the problem is indeed the seed,.........., :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:, I know of a certain turtle-bait who'll be really in for a good pika-shock in the brawl match for forgetting that detail (in other words, the sooner TUK gets the seed problem fixed, the happier the impatient will be. Delay will just temped me to challenge him to a brawl match, just FYI).

soneek

Smash Ace
@Alaric

TUK might be asleep, so you might have to wait until later, and that is the seeded version since TUK is the only one with all of the files. He won't be able to seed until he opens his torrent client.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@soneek

Oh. Thanks for the update. Well, if turtle-bait doesn't get to it soon, he'll find a brawl battle request from me in his inbox very quickly (that's what I'll usually do if something like this isn't "fixed" in a reasonable amount of time, but I'm flexible based on what the situation is, and I'll usually send out brawl battle requests to determine how quickly it gets done. The terms (applies to the mods, like moosehunter for example): If the one I'm challenging wins (we'll discuss the rules before brawling), they can finish whatever they're doing and get to the problem at their own pace (and whatever else they throw into the bet). If I win, the one I defeat will have to get to the problem when they're having a break from work (a.k.a., homework, job, etc.).). Well, I hope that the issue is fixed soon.

soneek

Smash Ace
Just remember that this is a music thread, not a online match thread. Also, we used up nearly 2 pages with the whole torrent issue. Let's try to stay on topic here from now on.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@soneek

Really?..................................................................................

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Why do things like this always get me to the point that I don't notice how many pages I've used to answer the problem?!!!!!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Just a reminder.

Use ONE emote. I don't wanna go throught that whole emote discussion again.

Anyways, I mashed up Galacta Knight's theme from Superstar Ultra and Return to Dream Land today. It's the latest video on my Youtube, if anyone wants to check it out :awesome:

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

That was to show that I was slapping my head while I was saying the sentence that followed (besides, I didn't use as many that time).

I might do that later on, for soundtrack always seems to be better when you mix 2-D side-scrolling mp3s with their 3-D game counterparts.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So, somebody needs to get a clean rip of MK7's soundtrack without the SFX if possible.

Rainbow Road is ****ing amazing.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I know that needs to be open, but do I need to open the file in uTorrent? In otherwords, I opened uTorrent, created the torrent, and now I have a *.torrent file (the one I uploaded to mediafire).
Do I need to open this file in uTorrent?
Obvious question is obvious?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I STRUCK GOLD.
I converted the PS3's AT3's from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to AA3, then opened it in Sound Forge Pro and it sounds PERFECT.
YESSSS.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Answer to TheUltimateKoopa's questions

I know that needs to be open, but do I need to open the file in uTorrent? In otherwords, I opened uTorrent, created the torrent, and now I have a *.torrent file (the one I uploaded to mediafire).
Do I need to open this file in uTorrent?
Obvious question is obvious?

Yes for the first part; yes for the second part;......., the third part kind of depends on what you define "obvious " and "obvious question" as, since what maybe obvious to one might be complicated for someone else (which is probably the best answer to how this situation got me). Thanks for noticing this one,....., turtle-bait. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

@soneek & Segtendo & moosehunter

Hopefully after this message, hopefully no more than 5 more if need be, we'll be able to put the uTorrent issue behind us.

Top Bottom