• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I know that needs to be open, but do I need to open the file in uTorrent? In otherwords, I opened uTorrent, created the torrent, and now I have a *.torrent file (the one I uploaded to mediafire).
Do I need to open this file in uTorrent?
Obvious question is obvious?
Just wait for its status to change to "seeding"

soneek

Smash Ace
I STRUCK GOLD.
I converted the PS3's AT3's from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to AA3, then opened it in Sound Forge Pro and it sounds PERFECT.
YESSSS.
Do you want the script to inject the loop points back into them? After converting them to WAVs though.

soneek

Smash Ace
I'm converting them to WAV so I can make BRSTMs...
I know that. I'm just asking if you wanna automatically get the loop points for each song, without having to find them yourself.

Actually what did you use to convert them to AA3? You might already have the loop samples.

soneek

Smash Ace
I converted to AA3 using this.

And loop points? o.o
Do tell.
You'll need Moosehunter's vgm2brstm, Wavosaur, QuickBMS, and these BMS scripts.

at3_to_aa3+smpl.bms

at3_wav_smpl_inject.bms

I already threw in the external dlls from hcs64 for vgm2brstm.

Open the first script through QuickBMS, select the AT3s, and it'll convert them to AA3s and should extract .smpl files too. It's worked with most AT3/AT3+ files I used so far.

After converting all of the AA3s to WAV through Soundforge, keeping the same filename, make sure all of the .smpl files and WAV files are in the same folder.

Then open the 2nd wav_smpl_inject script thorugh QuickBMS, select all of the WAV files, and then you'll have your WAVs with injected loop points. :cool:

I use Wavosaur to see the loop points, but this script is still a little buggy, so the loop points might be off by millisecs or something. Most of the time it's not a big deal, but I guess it's good to check them anyway so it's doesn't skip at the loop point after converting.

Dragging the WAVs onto brstmmake converts them pretty quickly.

Got the whole AT3 method from here.

Some AT3s suck though. I had to use the soundtrack for the Tales of Xillia songs I did so far cause the AT3s sounded horrible. My lazy self still took the loop points from the game though. xD

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@soneek

Oh. Thanks for the info.

Um, which script is the first one, and how do I open it through QuickBMS? I don't know how I even open anything with it.

Wait, are you talking to me or Segtendo?

soneek

Smash Ace
Um, which script is the first one, and how do I open it through QuickBMS? I don't know how I even open anything with it.
The first script is at3_to_aa3+smpl.bms. You can double click QuickBMS like any other program, and then it'll ask you to select a BMS script. Which AT3's are you trying to convert anyway?

@Seg

Alright sweet. I'll look for the songs on the Vault later.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
@Seg

Alright sweet. I'll look for the songs on the Vault later.
Thing is, Victory Badguy, over at KC:MM, uploaded the themes already, but when the game wasn't out yet, so his are only at a 44100 rate. Should I still upload mine?

soneek

Smash Ace
I would ask him first just out of respect, but you can always post them here. xD

I'm guessing yours are at 48000?

Wait, are you talking to me or Segtendo?
Sorry man. I was talking to Segtendo, but yeah it's a general thing for anyone that wants to convert AT3 files.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@soneek

Oh. Oops. Well, at least I know that the issue I was having is being looked into (I hope). So, we just hang tight and hope turtle-bait gets to seeding the torrent?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Just one more (hopefully) question about the torrent. Do I have to download the files in the torrent? How do I seed the torrent without having to basically end up with another 14000 BRSTMs that I already have on my PC?
Also what happens if you try to download from the torrent, Alaric?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Just one more (hopefully) question about the torrent. Do I have to download the files in the torrent? How do I seed the torrent without having to basically end up with another 14000 BRSTMs that I already have on my PC?
Also what happens if you try to download from the torrent, Alaric?
Set the download folder as the folder with the brstms in it.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I've mentioned it before to moosehunter, but I'll repeat what I've said (in a list format so you can see them more clearly) for you. (note: * = unsure if it's part of the problem or just a bug in the program)

1. The download rate is 0.0 kB/sec.

*2. When I tried to limit the list down, it still tries to download all of the folders.

3. It states that there's an infinite amount of time left for the download to be completed.

4. It has 0 to 0 seeds connected.

5. It says that the files are inaccessible, yet the download time just keeps counting.

6. When I try tampering with the settings, it still isn't accessible.

From what I've listed, is there something that I didn't do that's causing the problem, or is there something that was somehow left out that causing this? If you need a picture,..., I've shown this to soneek for him to analyze, but I think it'll help you see what's going on just the same. Just visit this link. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/errorwiththetorrenttukm.png/ If you need more information, I'll be glad to provide it for you.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Try creating the folder that it says doesn't exist. Basically, make sure there's a folder called "folder" in "Downloads" in "My Documents".

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I tried that, though I'm still not getting anywhere. Out of curiosity, does it matter where the "My Documents" folder is?

Okay, something just happened. It seems as though it might be working now. On the priority bar, will it say "skip" by those I told it not to download?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Basically, make sure that location exists.
C:\Documents and Settings\Alaric\My Documents\Downloads\folder

.... so what's the download speed?
It says the upload speed is 117 kB/s roughly.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Although I'm not downloading all of the game folders, it's around 30 kB/sec., but that's because I have other stuff up as well. At least it's working now. Something tells me that, if it says it'll take about 5 days and 6 hours to download (I don't know if it's all of them or just those I've selected), I'm probably going to be at it for a while. Oh well. At least I can upload others on a later time (which is something I can imply from the looks of the torrent), and then organize them into my BRSTM folder I have later on (I set some up for when I download files so that I can keep them organized by game so that they aren't mixed up). Well, I'm glad that it's working now. I'll let you know if anything else turns up in the mean time.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

For the question, kB stands for kilo-bytes.

For the "Selected" part, where is that located again?

Does the file's health effect how fast the download rate is? (The health bar says that it's 25% healthy for some reason. Any ideas why that might be?)

If the "Selected" tab you're telling me to find is "Selected Size," then I'm downloading 13.7 GB (gigabytes) of the whole 45.5 GB torrent.

@Segtendo

Nice avatar there, Segtendo. Really season appropriate. ;)

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Guys, let's stay on topic. Take this to a PM if necessary.
Btw, I didn't know you live near Austin, Alaric Skywalker.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@moosehunter

Sorry about that. Since the torrent is now downloading for me now (even though it's at a slow rate, slow is better than nothing), it'll end soon. Also, why are you surprised that I live in Austin, Texas?

@TheUltimateKoopa

Okay, I have so much stuff running that it now says that it'll take,...., well it did say, 3 years 24 weeks. From how much it's jumping around, it can be anyone's guess to how long the files will be uploaded. Oh well. At least it'll tithe me over until the site is back online (a.k.a., when the host problem is fixed). That reminds me, has anyone volunteered to manage the site while moosehunter is on his trip? With how popular the site is, one would've thought that we would've gotten some volunteers by now (nothing personal, just wondering). If no one has volunteered yet, what do you think we all should do for a "help wanted" add? [I think that if we made a thread that would attract attention, it'd be a good way of asking the fans if they're interested in managing the site while moosehunter is gone, but before I start one, I'd like to hear the ideas from the main guys (moosehunter, TheUltimateKoopa, Segtendo, Linkshot, soneek, Flame Hyenard and darksamus77).]

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I know about the kB bit. Do you have something that tells you what torrent you're downloading from, what the download speed is, and stuff? There should be colums like "Name", "#", "Size", "Selected Size", etc.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I think I found it. The total amount that I'm downloading is 13.7 GB. The download speed is changing quite a bit. It's changing so much, along with the estimated time from hours to years, I can now see why you didn't want to upload them onto mediafire individually. I'll inform you of any further updates as they come.

So far, it's been about one hour and it has downloaded 0.6% of what I've asked it to do (I don't know if the percentage is for the whole thing of just what I've selected).

Oh, for the name, it's the entire folder, but for those I didn't select, the priority reads "skipped." In other words, it's only downloading what I want it to (I might go back later and download some others after the 13.7 GB that I'm currently downloading is finished).

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@moosehunter

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa,...., does that mean what I think it means?!!!!

@TheUltimateKoopa

Out of curiosity, since the estimated time to complete the download is starting to go into the years, how strong is your internet connection speed? (I think mine mustn't be as strong as yours since it's almost been 1.5 hours and I haven't even got 1.0% downloaded yet.)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
My download speed at the moment is ... weird.
Somehow I managed to get a record-breaking speed of 1392.4 kilobytes per second from speedtest.net, with a ping of 271 ms
And... woah hold on.....
I have a package that advertises as being 10 Megabits... and I just got a download speed result at 15.29 Mbits/s?

But generally it should be around 1230-1240 kB/s not nearly 2000 as it somehow said <_<

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, the torrent you're downloading is uploading at... a speed that was over 100, then went down to below 30, and now it's over 100 again. It would take a few hours to download that many gigabytes even if you were downloading at 1 megabyte per second.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I know. Pretty bizarre. I think I've learned two lessons from this.

1. When someone says that it'll take a while to upload everything you want them to,...., they aren't kidding.

2. Once brawlcustommusic is back online (which I think we're getting close to, partially because of you asking him about a particular thing within the files), I should upload the games that I enjoy listening to, and download any updates to the games I've already got the folders for so that I'm prepared for when the site goes down in the future.

Just realized a third lesson: after downloading a lot of files, you'll probably be pretty busy organizing all of the folders you've downloaded.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
We're 0% closer to getting brawlcustommusic.com back online.
I just opened Command Prompt (cmd.exe) and typed in "ping www.brawlcustommusic.com"
I could get the IP address of this site, which is 174.143.55.234.
It doesn't mean anything.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Oh. Oops. My bad. At least that shows one thing,..................................., I am no where near being capable of managing the site while moosehunter is on his trip. Speaking of which, should we try and make a "help wanted" thread in the forums to try and find possible candidates to manage the site?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I think it should be a shared effort between the mods on the site (me, TUK, and Flame).

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

In that case, could you consider meeting with the two to discuss how the ad will be presented? I'd be willing to help you guys out if you want me to.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, I need to know what moosey needs for the site to stay up.

Top Bottom