• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Sorry updates didn't get finished yesterday (again). Stupid stuff keeps cropping up. I'll try to do it today, though I'm not very optimistic because I have quite a lot of other things to do >.<

@Shining Aquas: 1 and 3 might be fixed by reformatting/defragmenting your SD card. Make a backup of everything if you do the former, obviously. If that doesn't fix it, resampling the song to 32khz should, though that lowers the quality so avoid it if you can. As for 2... I have no idea. Only other time I've heard of that is when a couple of people told me one of my songs froze the game, but I use that song all the time and nothing happens to me (though I modify the ISO, so that might be why). Remake the song, I guess.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Step 1) ***** at Dantarion to make a better tool
Step 2) Use Goldwave and Androu1's BRSTM converter to make manual loops.
2 things to your 2 statements...
1. The converter is a fine way to do mp3's to brstms, just put in your own custom loop points for custom loops (BaconLegs gave me a great tutorial for Goldwave on it, ask him if you wanna know more)
2. Unless Androu1's tool has been updated to convert mp3's to brstm's, I'm not switching. All other tools linked me to Dantarion's, saying they were obsolete in comparison to his. From what I understand, you need to START with a brstm for Androu1's tool, then convert it to Brawl's format.
Ok, I guess a third thing...
3. Dantarion said not too long ago that he was making another version of his brstm converter, just was "too lazy" (his own quote, search his tool's thread if you don't believe me) to actually do it. I perfectly understand he's also been busy with the SSE stage hacks and other stuff, so I'd actually let him do his thing and not ***** at him.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Some of those issues have happened to those with SD cards that are being troublesome. It's a problem that becomes more apparent with custom music because of all the information that is read from the card to play it.

Try backing up all the files on your SD card, right clicking on the card while in My Computer, and choosing reformat (do so in FAT 32 format). This will clear out the SD card card. Copy the files back, and add your music. See if things work.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
^always a good place to start. Clear out your SD card and then, if it still doesn't work correctly, blame the tool.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Link on this one is dead, can I get a fix?

:<
That's because filefront kinda sucks. It's on my mediafire account too though, so if you don't want to wait for me to use a real computer, then just click anything else on that list done by me and fiew the files.

Also, SD cards give problems when they're almost out of space.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to the people who responded. Luckily the Super Paper Mario brstms have names that I can let me make a somewhaut accurate guess, unlike M&S at the Olympic Games (they're just numbered). So as of now its guess and check, its not to bad. I'll try and name as many as I can.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I just went through some of the files and...

Kingdom Hearts II - The 13th Struggle By Vyse - It plays a different song a few seconds through. EDIT: Nevermind it was my SD card being weird. Loops perfectly (green star)

Kingdom Hearts II - Rowdy Rumble By masamunecyrus - the link to the download doesn't work

Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ - The 13th Reflection By Vyse - Sounds good and didn't notice anything wrong. (green star)

Mega Man 9 - Thunder Tornado By Wander - Loops well but it's hard to hear (green star)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Cornered - Cadenza by Vyse - (green star)

Lazytown - You Are a Pirate by Wander - This one is really hard to hear.

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Final Battle Remastered By TGYMK - This one loops well, but its kinda loud and hard to hear the sound effects when it's playing. (green star)

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - He's a Pirate by zhengman777 - The download link doesn't work

I would of added the stars on my own but i don't know how...

Also this thread is awesome.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Give me the Super Paper Mario name list. I know the name of every song by heart (I also have the OST myself).

Also, for Androu1's tool, you use a BRSTM as a base to load from. You then convert each channel to WAV format while replacing the appropriate channel at the same time, then the tool merges+converts them to BRSTM.

All the songs I use are MP3s.

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
Here are some songs that I feel are worthy of sharing:

Bomberman 64 - Blue Resort By Shiroyu - DEMO
Dark Spire, The - Special Arrangement By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - Akashic Record By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - El Rosa Alba By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - Go! Jeremiad By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - Honor Winds By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - Illegal By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - Jeremy By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - M.I.S.A By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - mUsk Alliance By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - Nangman Trance By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - Rhapsody By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - Senza... By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - Succubus By Shiroyu
Granado Espada - Supercooled Girl By Shiroyu - DEMO
Granado Espada - Urtica By Shiroyu
GuitarFreaks 10 & DrumMania 9 - Pot-pourri d'Marmalade By Shiroyu - DEMO
Melty Blood Actress Again - Fairy Tale Transparently By Shiroyu - DEMO
Ocarina of Time - Final Battle (Re-arranged) By Shiroyu - DEMO
Prof. Sakamoto - Epic SNES Medley By Shiroyu - DEMO 1 / 2 (brstm stops at 3:14 on part 2)
Ragnarok Battle Offline - Sajin no Kanata he By Shiroyu - DEMO
Ragnarok Online - Can't Go Home Again, Baby (NES ver.) By Shiroyu - DEMO
Ragnarok Online - Monastery in Disguise By Shiroyu - DEMO
Ragnarok Online - One Step Closer By Shiroyu - DEMO
Ragnarok Online - Rose of Sharon By Shiroyu - DEMO
Ragnarok Online - Steel Me By Shiroyu - DEMO
Ragnarok Online - TeMPorsche By Shiroyu - DEMO
Super Robot Wars K - Active Mind By Shiroyu - DEMO
Taiko no Tatsujin - Ego Ego Atakushi By Shiroyu - DEMO
Tales Weaver - Battle in the Tomb of Hero By Shiroyu
Tales Weaver - Close to the Weaver By Shiroyu
Tales Weaver - Surprise Rush By Shiroyu
World of Warcraft - Stormwind By Shiroyu - DEMO

livetune feat. Hatsune Miku - Light Song (Hiroyuki ODA remix) By Shiroyu - DEMO
Saisei Hyperbroove - Nekonabe By Shiroyu - DEMO

For Illegal and Can't Go Home Again Baby (NES ver.), the only videos on YouTube I could find with them were videos that I uploaded. <_< Also, I don't know if Nekonabe is from a game (I know it's in a songpack for Stepmania), and I don't know if that's the correct artist. It is the full version of the song, not the short version as seen in the video.

Also, I haven't edited them to have custom looping, pretty much because none of the songs actually loop, outside of Active Mind, Blue Resort, and Fairy Tale Transparently. (BR and FTT loop properly, but I cheated with FTT.) I did edit them so that there isn't a long pause before they start again, though, and it's not a ridiculously short pause either.

Edit: I also have some recommendations as to what stages certain songs work well on, which can be seen here. I have intentions on posting more songs when I stop being lazy and custom loop them.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
This sucks. I just finished naming all the songs, and somehow they all got screwed up and now all of them, except staff credits, are sped up. I didn't mess with the extension names or anything, I just changed the name and somehow it happened. So tomorrow I will extract all of the songs again, but instead I won't rename them, and I'll just upload them the way they are or I'll give them to somebody else if they want it.

EDIT: I'll probably include a txt file that says which names are which, just to make it easier for people.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice

omni_destroyer

Smash Rookie
This sucks. I just finished naming all the songs, and somehow they all got screwed up and now all of them, except staff credits, are sped up. I didn't mess with the extension names or anything, I just changed the name and somehow it happened. So tomorrow I will extract all of the songs again, but instead I won't rename them, and I'll just upload them the way they are or I'll give them to somebody else if they want it.

EDIT: I'll probably include a txt file that says which names are which, just to make it easier for people.
I think that is supposed to happen because they are in the .brstmspm format. Open up notepad and insert the following:

ren *.brstm *.brstmspm

Save the file as a .bat file in the same folder as the music. Then run it. This should fix your problem with the music being too fast.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
I did that, then it converted all of them to brstmspm format and none of them worked. Then I typed the same thing in notepad and I switched *.brstm *.brstmspm around and they went back to brstm format, but still fast. I appreciate the help anyway, but I think I'll just extract them all again and when I upload them I'll include their names in the descriptions.

EDIT: Can somebody test this and see if it speeds up? Just change the name and play it in winamp.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
This Is Not A Request!

can someone help me find the batman returns for the snes soundtrack? i tried using google but didn't find anything. if u do find it link me and i'll make the brstms. thx ;)

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
can someone help me find the batman returns for the snes soundtrack? i tried using google but didn't find anything. if u do find it link me and i'll make the brstms. thx ;)
If you can find the songs on youtube then use these:

http://www.youtubecatcher.com/

Copy the url of the video and put it in there. Then download the .flv

http://www.mediafire.com/?uxmzrjdjztt

This is a Zune Converter I found, I didn't make it. It says Zune but really it just converts files to mp3, mp4, wmv, wma, and so on. Download it, extract it, open the folder and open the application. Drag the .flv into it and at the bottom-right it will give you output options. Select mp3 and at the top click CONVERT. It'll give you the mp3 and you can delete the .flv

The reason I use these two things is because whenever I used a video to mp3 converter I could never open it in Audacity or Goldwave. You don't have to use these but it's here for anybody.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
If you can find the songs on youtube then use these:

http://www.youtubecatcher.com/

Copy the url of the video and put it in there. Then download the .flv

http://www.mediafire.com/?uxmzrjdjztt

This is a Zune Converter I found, I didn't make it. It says Zune but really it just converts files to mp3, mp4, wmv, wma, and so on. Download it, extract it, open the folder and open the application. Drag the .flv into it and at the bottom-right it will give you output options. Select mp3 and at the top click CONVERT. It'll give you the mp3 and you can delete the .flv

The reason I use these two things is because whenever I used a video to mp3 converter I could never open it in Audacity or Goldwave. You don't have to use these but it's here for anybody.
no, no, no. youtube is crap quality.

Go for the original, full quality SPCs. http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?profile=set&selected=209
It's only a 104kb download

If you don't know how to play them, use the SNESamp Winamp plugin. http://www.alpha-ii.com/Download/Main.html#SNESamp and just have winamp export the music to .wav files

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
no, no, no. youtube is crap quality.

Go for the original, full quality SPCs. http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?profile=set&selected=209
It's only a 104kb download

If you don't know how to play them, use the SNESamp Winamp plugin. http://www.alpha-ii.com/Download/Main.html#SNESamp and just have winamp export the music to .wav files
Actually i get plenty of my music from youtube and it's always good quality, I made most of my brstms from music on youtube, sometimes you just need to find a good quality video. But you are right, the original is always the best.

BTW I like your converter, it helped convert some of the files from my GC ISO's. And you do a good job with the music at ESH.:)

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Actually i get plenty of my music from youtube and it's always good quality, I made most of my brstms from music on youtube, sometimes you just need to find a good quality video. But you are right, the original is always the best.

BTW I like your converter, it helped convert some of the files from my GC ISO's. And you do a good job with the music at ESH.:)
So, any problems with the converter? I need to know if there's anything wrong if i decide to make a gui for it.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
So, any problems with the converter? I need to know if there's anything wrong if i decide to make a gui for it.
Well I've gone through about five ISOs and converted the music and everything, and so far it works perfectly fine. I could suggest the support for at3 files though, if that's possible, so I could convert music from PSP games. Other than that it works very well.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed these were skipped in the updating process. I dunno if Vyse/CyberGlitch might have left out any other from the Anime/Other Lists or if I'm overlooking something but heres a repost/reminder.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
You guys have done a great job so far, but someone needs to jump on the DJ Hero songs! They are REALLY good! I know this isn't a request thread but I was just hoping some of the more productive people have something in the works. Brawl deserves some great house/rap music (Daft Punk anyone?)

Here's a link to reiterate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsNML4RkbEM

I recommend this to anyone who owns a Wii/PS3 it is so very addicting!

Xyless

Smash Master
I just noticed these were skipped in the updating process. I dunno if Vyse/CyberGlitch might have left out any other from the Anime/Other Lists or if I'm overlooking something but heres a repost/reminder.
I doubt they have finished all of them. There's tons of songs that haven't been thrown on (understandable, since...there's SO MANY SONGS)

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
This is CyberGlitch,

@Moosehunter
Thanks for the link! I'll add that to the OP as an option for others.

@GadgetTR
Yeah, as a victory theme, it probably shouldn't loop...that'd be a mistake on the creator's part. Would anyone be interested in making a corrected Final Fantasy victory theme. It's probably one of the most requested ones.

@Rambo Hayabusa
Vyse has been catching up all the updates section by section. I'm not sure what section he's on right now, but the Anime section is one of the last ones, so it may be a bit before it's updated with those submissions.

@Xyless
You raise a good point. When I started this topic as an attempt to unify custom music makers, I never expected the list to end up this populated. Everyone has done an awesome job submitting all this music.

Keep it up!

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
I made two versions for the victory themes, one loops (well) the other doesn't loop.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Cosmos Victory Fanfare By Olimario1892 - DEMO
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Cosmos Victory Fanfare (Loop) By Olimario1892 - DEMO

Here's one I just had lying around.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Title Screen By Olimario1892 - DEMO

I realized that my previous brstm of Master Porky's Theme was too quiet so I made it louder.

Mother 3 - Fun Naming By Olimario1892 - DEMO
Mother 3 - Master Porky's Theme By Olimario1892 - DEMO

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Between finals, going home after finals, and immediately leaving for Texas for a week after getting home, I haven't had the chance to finish up those last sections. Sorry, guys.

Xyless

Smash Master
I was thinking...would it make sense to take the games that have been completely finished and have been listed and put them in a MediaFire folder so we can list them as complete looped soundtracks and remove each individual file? I actually made a new MediaFire account (named BrawlCustomMusic) that I was thinking of rehosting a lot of the files for organization's sake.

Top Bottom