• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That's exactly the same one that's on hcs64.com -- even to the point of having the same txt file. It has Clothos looping at 1:28, but the full version has an extra part from 1:28 to 2:02 (where it loops from the beginning) as heard in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=admQ2Ideh0M#t=88s

There's an extra part like this in the other two themes (Lathesis and Atropos)

Also, I never use YouTube videos to make BRSTMs since they are not high quality.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, does anyone have a good quality rip? There was an OST for Columns 1 & 2 (both on one CD), but I can't find one that's a good quality. The one I downloaded has small pops/clicks, and while I did find a VGZ/VGM rip that had the full versions, the channels seemed to cut out, as you can hear in any of these:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/282

Note how when they start playing again, they seem to sound less than they did before -- by less I mean like there's a couple of instruments missing -- which is possibly most notable with Atropos... which is also why the lengths are sometimes over a minute longer than they should, e.g. Clothos is about 2:02, not 3:00.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Has anyone managed to find a loop for the Nintendo and Rareware Logo "theme", and the "Bungee!" tracks from Goldeneye?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Wow, I approved music from the NES Silver Surfer, and I must say, they really took advantage of the NES's sound chip.

Zealous98

Smash Cadet
Oops, I accidentally skipped over a looping song in Silver Surfer, "Device Completed." Updated now!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
And I approved -- there was a very slight pop around the loop point, but to me it wasn't too loud. Noticeable if you're listening to the song on its own, but during a match, it'll be almost non-existant.

Also, I'm going to have a go at making custom looping BRSTMs (i.e. NOT "start-end" loops) of some, maybe all (if it's possible) of the Serious Monkey Business (DKC2 remix) tracks, as well as Kong in Concert, and when it's released, the... other one.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Are you saying in general or for a specific song?
Because you can in general. Take the song ID, and instead of "blahblahblah?autoplay" do "music.php?song=blahblahblah"
I was talking about that specific song -- it was still "processing", but I "approved" it, just to see what happens, and it worked, and changed into a "download" link.

Zealous98

Smash Cadet
And I approved -- there was a very slight pop around the loop point, but to me it wasn't too loud. Noticeable if you're listening to the song on its own, but during a match, it'll be almost non-existant.
I was in disbelief here because I knew I had lined up my samples right. So I went in and redid it, up to two times, and there was still indeed a pop...
Under some scrutiny in Audacity, it doesn't look like there are any identical patterns in the waveform. There's going to a pop no matter what. This is indicative of bad mp3 encoding, right?

But my other BRSTMs were fine? The songs were all from the same source. @_@;;

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I was in disbelief here because I knew I had lined up my samples right. So I went in and redid it, up to two times, and there was still indeed a pop...
Under some scrutiny in Audacity, it doesn't look like there are any identical patterns in the waveform. There's going to a pop no matter what. This is indicative of bad mp3 encoding, right?

But my other BRSTMs were fine? The songs were all from the same source. @_@;;
Bad encoding can be a problem. That's why I prefer 320 kbps MP3s, and if I can't find any, I'll use the original files (i.e. SPCs, USFs, GBS etc), and then convert them to WAVs.

Also, and this can be answered by anyone, how far do you go when you create a custom loop of a normally non-looping song, for example, a remix (from OCRemix.org, or newgrounds or something like that), or a 'normal' song (you know what I mean?) do you just try and find a loop point, as it is, or do you actually take time to make it loopable first? For me, I like to first make it so it can be looped. This can be as simple as copying the entire song from a certain point to the end, then pasting it on a new 'track', so that the fadeout at the end over laps, but it can be a little more complicated. For example, the Diamond Dust Zone Act 1 BRSTM for Sonic 3D (Saturn) on brawlcustommusic.com is not as simple as it sounds. I had to very precisely copy parts of the track and paste them together near the end. For example, from 2:17, it may then play the part from 0:46 - 0:54, and then from 0:15 and then loop, if that makes sense, this is because from 2:17 - 2:23 for example, it might sound similar to 0:46 - 0:54, enough that it goes together smoothly, and 0:54 then goes into 0:15, etc. The simple "overlapping" thing is better than just pasting it over the track, as can be heard in a few of my custom-looped BRSTMs, such as Roller Disco from Serious Monkey Business -- although it might not be easy to hear, but that very final "ooh" sound, actually overlaps with the song when it starts from about 0:27.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Is it me or brawlcustommusic.com is being slow ?
I was running some load tests around this time, so it might have been slow then.

I sometimes have problems uploading. I upload a BRSTM or two, and then it just sits there.
Fine, I've implemented a 30 second fix that should work until I finish testing the site code rewrite. It seems that this happens because the program can't find the brstm file. Fore some reason, it sometimes doesn't get copied from the temporary upload directory properly.
Like I said, this will be fixed when I do the code rewrite, but I don't know when I'll get around to this.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Koopa, for non-looping songs, I generally try to find the point where it transitions the best, mostly because I don't know how to crossfade in Goldwave, lawl.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I cross-faded like 2 songs before I started using the "mix" button in Goldwave.
Mix is muuuch better for smooth sounding custom loops.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah uh... I'm having a VERY annoying problem at the moment... so annoying that if it was allowed, I'd type the "f" word in bold, italics, underlined, red letters at the largest font size you can, with multiple copies of each letter.

Here's a picture of what my problem is:

Sometimes it can happen randomly, and other times it seems to be when I've opened a folder. However, most of the time, it seems to happen if I right click a folder and select "Play in Winamp" -- it's not Winamp, other wise it would be say Winamp, and not Windows Explorer (not to be confused with Internet Explorer)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I have Windows 7 (Ultimate). I'm going to try a set of "solutions" (which may not necessarily be solutions) -- I've done the "cmd.exe" sfc/systemscan thing, and that found nothing.
I will admit, I installed an Anti-Virus software (that was free) in May that expired in June, and really I've been 100% anti-virus-free for a few months (in other words, I'm a very bad person :O) -- maybe if I can find my other Anti-Virus/Internet Security (it's Symantec Norton Internet Security 2010 IIRC), I can install and scan to see if I do have something wrong in the viral department. Then there's the standard disk check (the one that sometimes happens when you first start up a computer if something went wrong, like the power went out, or you accidentally turned it off some how :p)

EDIT: I decided to activate the license for that free one that expired a ridiculously long time ago (6 months)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, serious question. What the heck can I do, apart from wipe the entire system and therefore all my files, (of which a LOT of them are iTunes purchases)?

I waited THREE HOURS for the computer to check and fix errors, then another almost two hours for an anti-virus scan -- and STILL it says Windows Explorer has caused an error, and for some reason, it seems to be a specific folder at the moment.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
A lot of people have been bugging me about the music I use in my youtube videos, so I uploaded it all, in both brstm (edited to loop nicely in most cases) and mp3 (original and unlooped) form.

Now, I don't have time to take 100+ songs and put them in the nice format you like for the first page, but I figured I should post the link here anyway in case anyone wants to pick through it, because I carefully chose and edited all the songs myself, and I figure a lot of it is probably unique.

It's mostly metal/rock video game remixes btw. Some from OCRemix but mostly from other sources like Dwelling of Duels.

Enjoy: http://www.mediafire.com/?itd1m9r5456me

Zealous98

Smash Cadet
So, serious question. What the heck can I do, apart from wipe the entire system and therefore all my files, (of which a LOT of them are iTunes purchases)?

I waited THREE HOURS for the computer to check and fix errors, then another almost two hours for an anti-virus scan -- and STILL it says Windows Explorer has caused an error, and for some reason, it seems to be a specific folder at the moment.
Does the problem persist in Safe Mode? Try Antivirusing in there.

Also, I recommend using Ad-Aware too for the nonvirus-yet-still-malicious junk. It's a powerful program.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
Lawl I remember seein those vids and thought they were my brstms, but then I realized I forgot to upload some of them.

Yeah that's a couple of the same stuff I have. I'll check through a couple to find some I didn't feel like doing myself

Ninja'd: regarding JC's stuff
V S'alright, apparently these lack loop points

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Just about every BRSTM in my BrawlVault links to a BRSTM I made on moosehunter's site.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Speaking of BRSTMs, I have uploaded a few of them, one of them being the Trololol song, specifically the laugh part (almost impossible to get a good loop out of it). I might upload the whole song if I have the time.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Haha, I was just thinking, with the site being backuped to my computer hourly, and to an off-site drive every week or two, combined with the backup that the web host supposedly has, it would take a couple of coordinated missile strikes or something for the music you've uploaded to be lost.

Oh, and I don't think I've posted this here yet:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Credits Theme By Moosehunter - DEMO

Edit: TUK, I had that problem with XP last spring. I just ended up using it as motivation to finally wipe my computer and make a quad-boot system with Windows 7, Windows XP, Ubuntu, and Mac OSX. Although I don't know if what is causing your problem is easily fixable or not.

Top Bottom