• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker v1.0 [WinXP/Vista only]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStig

Smash Lord
Oh, sorry about that >.> I didn't even think about the loudness of the regular songs. Well, i have something to watch out for, now.

For victory themes... it's one of the first options on OP's tool v.07 aka the link that's up now. Haven't tested it, but im sure it works well. As for any glitchyness, I'll try resetting "my music" in brawl. I wouldn't think this program has anything to do with song swapping. All his program does is help make the music file. I don't even have androu's tools, haha. I like this program THAT much :)

Random question, if you make a .brstm for FD, say it's called X04.brstm for example. If you just renamed it, would it work on another stage? I guess what I'm asking is, is the name of the .brstm file what determines where the track will played, or is there some internal factor IN the brstm that places it at a certain stage.
oh i didn't realize there were new versions of the software. I had version 0.3

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
ok, so i lowered the sound on audacity...and it still doesn't work
it seems inconsistent on how much of the song plays before it turns to static

like, i tested by making one song the one to play on two stages, with different gains (one was -10, and the other -18), and the -10 one played for about 2:00, while the -18 only 0:45

The World Warrior

Smash Apprentice
I followed all your steps accurately and the game won't read the file. Nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Help me out. I'm using the latest version of the Official Plusery set and my Wii is a 4.0. Please help me out.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
ok, so i lowered the sound on audacity...and it still doesn't work
it seems inconsistent on how much of the song plays before it turns to static

like, i tested by making one song the one to play on two stages, with different gains (one was -10, and the other -18), and the -10 one played for about 2:00, while the -18 only 0:45
Not quite sure...there might've been something interrupted in the compile part of the program that caused it

I followed all your steps accurately and the game won't read the file. Nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Help me out. I'm using the latest version of the Official Plusery set and my Wii is a 4.0. Please help me out.
Try the Brawl+ Nightly Build from www.brawlplus.net It has File Patch 3.2a

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble inserting victory themes into brawl. Every time I try to edit the .Z01 file to insert my music, Goldware claims that the file is unreadable. I've tried pasting the music onto the .z01 file (big note: I delete the small part of music at the begining and then paste my music), but everytime I've tried booting up brawl to test the victory theme, I just get utter silence.

Do I need to keep that music at the begining? what exactly am I doing wrong here...

Also, thank you for answering everyones questions, your program is amazing!

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble inserting victory themes into brawl. Every time I try to edit the .Z01 file to insert my music, Goldware claims that the file is unreadable. I've tried pasting the music onto the .z01 file (big note: I delete the small part of music at the begining and then paste my music), but everytime I've tried booting up brawl to test the victory theme, I just get utter silence.

Do I need to keep that music at the begining? what exactly am I doing wrong here...

Also, thank you for answering everyones questions, your program is amazing!
I figure that when you're making the victory theme its the same as replacing regular music. Goldwave cant read the music file because nearly no programs support that type of music file. So you'd have to start over to re-insert the song I guess.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Very interesting. I use audacity, so I'm planning on replacing some music. This will be very useful; thanks a lot for doing this!

@The World Warrior: Be careful about spamming. Use that little 'edit' button.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I'm having an error with one song. I have successfully done several songs that work in brawl with the latest nightly build. This song I have done twice to double check, it is made in this program fine, and even begins to play the song in brawl but when it hits a certain part of the song it freezes brawl.

It is only with this song and only in a certain spot, both in an actual level, and in the brawl music player, so I know it's the song that is the problem.

does anyone know why that would happen?

I guess I was wondering if there was a way to fix it, I love the song :)

I am using the song "Special Trax -!- Nobuo Kurita"

from here

http://www.videogamescrapbook.com/super_smash_bros_brawl_ssbb/?music=1

can someone else convert it also to varify my problem?

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Works like a charm. Your tutorial video is a big help.

I'll be using this to add the original songs to the remade Smash Bros stages from N64 :-)

As a simple suggestion for improvement: When the conversion finishes and it says something like "Press Enter to exit." There should be an option to start it over from the beginning, instead of having us close and open the program each time we do a song.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I have a small issue to address. Currently i'm loading my music swap using the USB loader. while all other songs play fine, but on Yoshi's Island (brawl), whenever it switches seasons, the audio gets cut off and swaps back to the original song that I intended to switch.

is it a stage issue or something?

song I used to swap, obstacle course track: Taokaka's Theme from BlazBlue OST

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
OK, I feel kinda dumb about this, but whatever. How do you know if an mp3 file of yours is mono or sterio?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I have a small issue to address. Currently i'm loading my music swap using the USB loader. while all other songs play fine, but on Yoshi's Island (brawl), whenever it switches seasons, the audio gets cut off and swaps back to the original song that I intended to switch.

is it a stage issue or something?

song I used to swap, obstacle course track: Taokaka's Theme from BlazBlue OST
Yoshi's Island, when playing the Obstacle Course theme, actually plays 2 different songs: E02 (Obstacle Course) and E07 (Obstacle Course alternate version). Those are the two different season songs that you hear on the stage. If you don't want the song to switch mid-battle, I'd suggest replacing a different song.

OK, I feel kinda dumb about this, but whatever. How do you know if an mp3 file of yours is mono or sterio?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Open it in Audacity or Goldwave, and see if it has 2 tracks (left and right) or just one.

Doval

Smash Lord
I like the added automation from this program, but the inability to set loop points was a dealbreaker for me, so unless that changes I'll have to stick to Androu1's tool. The problem is that most songs have an intro that's separate from the rest of the loop (e.g. Open Your Heart, Live and Learn.) No matter how you edit your song, unless you can set a start point for the loop that isn't the beginning of the song, it'll loop all the way back to the intro, and that's not cool with me =/

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I like the added automation from this program, but the inability to set loop points was a dealbreaker for me, so unless that changes I'll have to stick to Androu1's tool. The problem is that most songs have an intro that's separate from the rest of the loop (e.g. Open Your Heart, Live and Learn.) No matter how you edit your song, unless you can set a start point for the loop that isn't the beginning of the song, it'll loop all the way back to the intro, and that's not cool with me =/
Can't you set start pointers with Audacity 1.3 Beta? Actually, I think you can. Why don't you try that?

Doval

Smash Lord
Hm. I'm not all that comfortable with Audacity. I mean, I'm new to this audio editing thing in general, but I got accustomed to Wavosaur a lot easier.

At any rate Wavosaur supports looping in WAVs, but setting the loop points in the WAV file didn't produce the specified loop in the Brawl file. Seems it has to be done specifically through Androu1's tool when it asks you for the loop's starting point sample. It's unfortunate; would've been easier to just set the loop points in the WAV itself.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon's victory theme = LIKE A BOSS
omg, I think I just won the game! :)

edit: I would like to note that one cannot edit R.O.B.'s victory screen music. Could someone change this? I wanted to change his music toDomo Arigato: Mr. Roboto :)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
v0.8 getting released in a few min

What does it mean when it says "loop=end is beyond valid ARAM range"?
^ this is what's fixed in v0.8. This is what happens when you save a Stereo WAV into what's supposed to be a Mono WAV.

It was the most requested thing, so I added it in...

This is crashing the game every time I try it. I don't know if I'm following the steps incorrectly or what, but I can't get it to work correctly.
Can you screenshot or use CamStudio to capture what you're doing? I'll tell you what you're doing wrong by that.

EDIT: Oh, SSBB? See the end of my video

Captain Falcon's victory theme = LIKE A BOSS
omg, I think I just won the game! :)

edit: I would like to note that one cannot edit R.O.B.'s victory screen music. Could someone change this? I wanted to change his music toDomo Arigato: Mr. Roboto :)
You just made me lose the game

Hm. I must've missed that in Jose's list...if you can, give me the 3-letter code (starts with Z) for ROB's and i'll add that in for 0.9

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
v0.8 getting released in a few min

^ this is what's fixed in v0.8. This is what happens when you save a Stereo WAV into what's supposed to be a Mono WAV.

It was the most requested thing, so I added it in...

Can you screenshot or use CamStudio to capture what you're doing? I'll tell you what you're doing wrong by that.

EDIT: Oh, SSBB? See the end of my video

You just made me lose the game

Hm. I must've missed that in Jose's list...if you can, give me the 3-letter code (starts with Z) for ROB's and i'll add that in for 0.9
its Z35

and for this one, can you also have the following:

X01 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Main Theme (Composer: Nobuo Uematsu, Artist: Shogo Sakai, Taizo Takemoto, Oriko Takahashi, Ken Nishikiori)
X02 - Menu 1
X03 - Menu 2 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
X06 - Classic: Results Screen for Master Hand
X07 - WiFi Waiting Room
X08 - Brawl: Results Screen
X09 - Tournament Setup
X10 - Tournament Theme 1 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
X11 - Tournament End
X13 - Classic: Results Screen
X15 - Trophy Collection
X16 - Home-Run Contest
X17 - Main Theme Remix
X18 - Melee Theme Remix
X19 - Trophy Mode
X20 - Sticker Center / Album / Chronicle
X21 - Coin Launcher
X22 - Classic Mode Clear
X23 - Stage Builder
X26 - Target Smash!!
X27 - Credits
Y01 - Subspace Emissary ~ Adventure Map
Y02 - Subspace Emissary ~ Step: Plains
Y03 - Subspace Emissary ~ Step: Cave
Y04 - Subspace Emissary ~ Danger Ahead
Y05 - Subspace Emissary ~ Boss Battle Theme 1
Y07 - Subspace Emissary ~ Boss Battle Theme 2 (Final Boss)
Y08 - Subspace Emissary ~ Save Point
Y09 - DK Island Swing (Subspace Emissary Version) - Donkey Kong Country
Y10 - Airship Fortress (Subspace Emissary Version) - Super Mario Bros. 3
Y11 - Data Selection Screen (Subspace Emissary Version) - Metroid Prime
Y13 - Brinstar (Subspace Emissary Version) - Metroid
Y14 - Subspace Emissary ~ Step: Machine
Y15 - Subspace Emissary ~ Subspace Area
Y16 - Subspace Emissary ~ Ambient Sounds
Y17 - Subspace Emissary ~ Results Screen
Z50 - Continue?
Z51 - Game Over
Z54 - Trophy Obtained
Z55 - New Playable Character!
Z56 - Coins Obtained
Z57 - Special Message
Z58 - Stage or Game Mode Unlocked!

that would be great :)
other ppl would like it too.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
"- You don't need to open length.txt anymore -- the program gets the end point for you."

Hey, can you tell me how did you do that so I can add it to my own version?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
v0.9 released

"- You don't need to open length.txt anymore -- the program gets the end point for you."

Hey, can you tell me how did you do that so I can add it to my own version?
I forgot what I did with length.php because after I converted it from PHP to EXE (because Perl is a b**** to program in and it's old), but just take length.exe from my newest.

Here's what's in the batch file though:
Code:
@ren newC12L.txt length.txt
tools\length.exe
for /F %%1 in (tools\startendpoint.txt) do set se=%%1
if '%se%'=='1' cls
if '%se%'=='1' set /P x=Start Point (default is 0): 
if '%se%'=='1' echo+
if '%se%'=='1' set /P y=End Point (located in "length.txt"): 
if '%se%'=='1' echo+
if '%se%'=='0' set x=0
if '%se%'=='0' for /F %%1 in (length.txt) do set y=%%1
@tools\DSPADPCM -e C12L.wav C12L.DSP -l%x%-%y% -cnewC12.txt
@tools\DSPADPCM -e C12R.wav C12R.DSP -l%x%-%y% -cnewC12.txt
I actually took the "for /F" thing from a batch script from Wiibrew, so this came in handy

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I have a question about start and end points. So, does the actual song start at the specified start point, or is that just a marker to tell the song to loop back to that point after it reaches the end marker? I guess what I'm asking is, can start/end points be used to make a song have an intro that only plays once, or are they just so you don't have to cut a song up in Audacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom