• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Information Compendium & Social

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
How do you plataform cancel to instant run in SV? Any special input? I can't do PC to run as fast as players like Ryo, I get around 1/3 of a second of lag or something before I can run.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
In Stamina Mode, do characters always have knockback set to what a certain % would be, or is it affected by damage/HP?

If it's set, what % is it like?

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
Falco can chain grab with his boost pivot, so if you stay at that amount of knock back, I guess he could just infinite someone when he grabs them in stamina mode. D:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We have started to play this Stamina mode thing with 150HP and with damage ratio set to 1.5.
This way chaingrabs and infinites do not work, but you can still do some combos. It's kinda like you are always at about 60-80%. It's kinda cool sometimes, but I don't like it too much.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can you buffer a turnaround dash?
I can't think of any situation where that would be possible. It requires you to be past your initial dash/foxtrot animation, since pressing the opposite direction anytime during that would just cause another initial dash. In order to do a turnaround dash animation, you have to be in the middle of your dash animation, which is not a situation where you can buffer anything (outside of jumping out of your dash and then buffering an aerial, which is not the same situation).

So, no, you can't.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I think you can if you press back for longer than 1 frame. If you only press it for 1 frame it only buffers a turnaround.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think you can if you press back for longer than 1 frame. If you only press it for 1 frame it only buffers a turnaround.
I thought he was talking about the animation that happens when you're already running, like, "hold left, then hold right." I suppose that's "turning around during a dash," though.

I'm not actually sure about buffering a dash in the opposite direction. Wario presses back for longer than one frame when he buffers a turnaround grab for his chaingrab, so, I'm pretty sure the answer is still no.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I'm not actually sure about buffering a dash in the opposite direction. Wario presses back for longer than one frame when he buffers a turnaround grab for his chaingrab, so, I'm pretty sure the answer is still no.
If you buffer any move with the dash then the dash just becomes a turnaround.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You can buffer a dash in the opposite direction, it's just hard.

eg if you're facing left, you would have to buffer right-->down-->right ...I think

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
That's only if you want to buffer a dash with another move. Let's say you wanna do a dash grab in the other direction, you buffer back>down>back>grab and a reverse dash grab will come out. If you just wanna dash and only dash, just tap back for longer than 1 frame.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm pretty sure you can, yes, but it's a much bigger pain in the *** since you can't really use the c-stick to do it. At least not the same way. Pretty sure you'd have to mash A/Z/flick the c-stick? while flicking the joystick in the direction you wanna SDI. It's just a lot harder to input cuz you have to be so fast. Smash-sticking is so much simpler cuz one input on the stick counts as a direction and an attack input at the same time. To each his own, tho.

xPerplex

Smash Rookie
Are there any good snake guides someone can link me too? I can't find any on this forum so maybe someone knows of another resource?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What moves can be cancelled into other moves? (such as dacus)

:phone:
The window to continue a Jab can be canceled with a crouch, so you can do things like Jab1 -> Jab1, Jab -> Grab, etc.

Dash attack cancels into grab, pivot grab, and U-Smash.

Rolls can be canceled into item throws (glide tossing). Airdodges can be canceled into into item throws (instant throwing).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Generally in Smash moves aren't really cancellable. Most of what you'll find will have something to do with IASA or JC or DAC.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is there a thread, picture, or something that will show me the approximate area that each character can be footstooled?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
The window to continue a Jab can be canceled with a crouch, so you can do things like Jab1 -> Jab1, Jab -> Grab, etc.

Dash attack cancels into grab, pivot grab, and U-Smash.

Rolls can be canceled into item throws (glide tossing). Airdodges can be canceled into into item throws (instant throwing).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
I'll just add that jumps can be canceled into Usmash, up B and item throw,
and that the first frames of a dash can be canceled into Fsmash

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Might as well throw in that Shield can be canceled into jump. But honestly, if you want a comprehensive list of move related stuff, just check out the terms list :p

Tesh

Smash Hero
Is there a thread, picture, or something that will show me the approximate area that each character can be footstooled?
Well, couldn't you just look at it frame by frame and get a picture of the frame just because the footstool occurs. I mean.. I could do that right now even, but it wouldn't be actual frame by frame.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Can only U-Smash, U-Special and Aerial attacks be done OoS? Or are there other attacks that can be done OoS (Without dropping the shield :p)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Thing is, the commands you named are all just canceling shield with a jump. You can also jump into any B move that doesn't require you to start on the ground (that leaves out just Pokémon Trainer's Down-B, basically). You can also cancel Shield with a grab, though, that's not the same kind of attack you mean, I'm sure.

Top Bottom