• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Information Compendium & Social

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It's a landing. There's no technical difference between landing from z-air and landing from falling.
However, people generally refer to it as an autocancel since it "cancel's the lag of the z-air"

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea Zair will give you the same landing lag as airdodging into the ground. I think even where RCO lag is concerned, but i don't know if any zair characters even have RCO lag. But hard and soft landing rules still apply.

yoshq

Smash Master
crouching after Jab1 does give you more advantage because it will cancel the jab sequence earlier. When you Jab1 you will naturally Jab2 if you hit attack again. However, you can interrupt the sequence by crouching and then you can attack quicker with a different attack.
So, for example, with Luigi, jab1, crouch, grab would be faster than jab1 grab?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So, for example, with Luigi, jab1, crouch, grab would be faster than jab1 grab?
Yes, as long as you grab immediately after you input the crouch. You are simplying utilizing the IASA of jab with the crouch in order to input something out of crouch. If you don't get the IASA on jab1, you will do a jab2.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think its called a Dash Dance Pivot. When you dash, you can cancel the end of the dash animation with another dash in the same direction and then the beginning of the 2nd dash with a dash in the other direction. I'm not familiar with Marth's animations so he might be doing something different involving just 2 dashes.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
can someone please answer this question, I've always wondered why some Meta Knight players Uair when knocked of stage or when Snake Players Uair when off stage to the left or light. why in the world are they doing that?

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Do you mean Momentum Cancelling? You just fastfall your quickest aerial. If so, they are doing it to survive to higher percents or to get out of the tumble animation.

It was kind of badly worded, idk what you were asking, but it sounded like this.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Do you mean Momentum Cancelling? You just fastfall your quickest aerial. If so, they are doing it to survive to higher percents or to get out of the tumble animation.

It was kind of badly worded, idk what you were asking, but it sounded like this.
well I do apologize as well, I didnt really know how to word it because I'm still confused about it, but thank you very much for giving me the answer I was looking for.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Hey guys;

Recently I bought a GameCube/Wii Camelion controller from GameStop. They were surprisingly 14 bucks.

Is the camelion controller just like the GameCube controller or does it work just as well? Should I return them and buy some other controller?

The R, L, and Z keys are a bit hard to press. Is this normal?

Thanks.

:phone:
Game stop controllers for smash play are not very good. You should stick with the Nintendo brand as they're built to last[VERY important] and built to take a beating from your fingers.

I recommend these options;

Play Asia, White GCC

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-en-70-2ola.html

I imported one of these, its well crafted but more importantly it works on USA Wii's since it's an import. Shipping is pricey.

It can also be purchased on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nint...849&sr=8-1&keywords=Gamecube+controller+white

Its not anything different from the Play Asia controller. Just that your importing it, and Amazon's will prolly cost less.

GCC, the nintendo brand, are suppose to fit very comfortably in the gamers hands and have very ease of access to the L/R buttons and all other buttons. If your controller does not give your hands the freedom to move and find their respective buttons then your not using the right controller. And in some rare cases you could be hurting your hands.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You seem to have changed it. It used to be a color that blend really well into SWF dark background so it was hard to see normally.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Hold analog stick, smash the f*** out of the c-stick, but they have to be in 2 different directions (Analog up and cstick tapped right) the direction you SDI will be an average of the 2 directions that you do.

If I do topleft analog and topright cstick for SDI, I will go straight upwards.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
When you Momentum Cancel, are you supposed to aim for the corners then FF your fastest aerial? Or would that worsen my DI and make me die faster?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, aim for the corners every single time you are trying to survive. Then you will fastfall and if possible you should also double jump.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Does shield size affect how much time/damage a shield takes to break?
No, shields are scaled to cover the character. However characters with larger shields will get smaller faster so they all end up breaking at the same time.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
How come in some situations from what I observed as Luigi I'm able to sometimes Jab to fsmash or other things that wouldn't work? They suffer a hard landing after the jab. Now this is concerning characters that don't get rco lag from their recovery move. I've seen this happen with yoshi, metaknight, snake, and wario.

When I tried testing what caused it I found that DIing down caused it, but I doubt that since I don't think people would actually do that to DI out of luigi's jab.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
At certain positions/percents/weights, a character would have to deal with the hitstun caused by the Jab while still being at the ground. Luigi's Jab puts people in the air, so after the hitstun is over, if their feet are on the ground, they incur regular landing lag (2 frames, I think), as they would from a shorthop. That can be enough to land moves you normally wouldn't otherwise be able to. SDI would allow the opponent to buffer a jump out of hitstun, so long as the SDI puts them above the ground so that they don't land when they're capable of doing a move.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
At certain positions/percents/weights, a character would have to deal with the hitstun caused by the Jab while still being at the ground. Luigi's Jab puts people in the air, so after the hitstun is over, if their feet are on the ground, they incur regular landing lag (2 frames, I think), as they would from a shorthop. That can be enough to land moves you normally wouldn't otherwise be able to. SDI would allow the opponent to buffer a jump out of hitstun, so long as the SDI puts them above the ground so that they don't land when they're capable of doing a move.
oh ok then.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yes, you definitely can. You can even tech underwater walls when spiked.

Tesh

Smash Hero
That isn't really "water" as far as the game mechanics are concerned. You can't swim in it and the physics are the same as the air I think.

For that matter though, you can DI just the same when hit in water, the air or on the ground. SDI may be blocked my obstructions though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You know, somehow I knew that as Two Steps From Hell. It actually sounded like a soft remix of Dragon Rider. I guess they only have 1 style going for them.

allshort17

Smash Ace
If G&W uses his Uair, even if it whiffs it refreshes his moves because of the windbox, right? Why is this?

Does the same concept apply to other moves with windboxes (PK Kid's DownB, Kirby/Dedede Inhale, Pit's WoI, Toon Link's Dair)? Also, if Kirby or Dedede inhales an item, does the inhale go into the damage scaling que?

Top Bottom