• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is Part of the 2010 MLG season: $60,000 in prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, it was pretty much a typo anyway. They mean to say you can register online for the qualifiers. I think. Or maybe it's boilerplate.

FRanchiSe!

Smash Rookie
They did the online qualifier for GOW2 last year and it was just so that the top 16 teams didnt go through an AM bracket. Probably the same for this, just guessin

tsilver33

Smash Ace
This is great! I'm no pro but it's fantastic news for the brawl community!

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
Check out MLGpro.com today/tonight for some interesting updates about the 2010 season.

http://www.mlgpro.com/content/news/302153/MLG-Announces-First-2010-Pro-Circuit-Details

An All-Out Brawl
The Super Smash Bros. series is deeply intertwined with MLG’s roots, and we are thrilled to announce that Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii will be joining the Pro Circuit in 2010, marking a triumphant return for the franchise. With an intensely devoted fanbase and a fiercely high level of competition, Brawl will undoubtedly find itself right at home alongside the Pro Circuit’s other world-class titles.

* Registration for MLG Orlando Opens March 17 at 7pm ET
* The top 16 ranked players overall will earn pro status following the second Live Competition
* Over $60,000 in season prizes. Full prize list
* The first Super Smash Bros. Brawl Online Qualifier will be for MLG Columbus, and will help players boost their seed at all live competitions. Online Qualifier registration opens on March 15, and competition begins on March 29.
* More info coming soon!
Early April Fools Joke is Early!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Looks like Wario might be coming out of retirement.

Either way, I'm all over this. MLG Orlando will be mine.

First, I need to get back into serious practice and get to a competent level.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Orlando has a huge melee scene.

MLG should consider running side tournaments as otg stated. Or just pick it up as a whole nother' event. It's still a big community with lots of dedicated players. Pound 4 had what? 500 melee players?

Whatever. I guess that's just my little dim hope.

But hopefully melee will get more popular rather than die out because of this.

So Fatal

Smash Master
lol i heard it from the MLG guy himself in the SBR. OFFLINE it is

lol nubs.

The online ladder will be to seed nubs in the AM bracket better than AMs who dont play the online ladder. FOR THE SECOND EVENT. If you play in the first event and place 1-32 you will get points and will be seeded better than anyone who gets online points for columbus

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I don't think MLG will pick up an old game over the new one when the new one has more players.

Melee being better doesn't matter. It is 9 years old now.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I don't think MLG will pick up an old game over the new one when the new one has more players.

the age of a game does not determine how good it is. just look at how MVC2 is still being played.

Zone

Smash Champion

Hopefully, you brawl guys ALL attend regardless of outcomes. Because they'll take it away when there's only like 100 of you guys showing up. Start traveling brawlers.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
But hopefully melee will get more popular rather than die out because of this.
I am very ****ing disturbed by this, I never thought I would have mixed feelings about Brawl getting picked up by MLG. I'm happy for the Brawlers for getting the game picked up but I'm also very worried that Melee's gonna die because of this ****. **** man! So many people want that MLG feeling, I can see people switching over for that. I've been wanting MLG to pick up smash for so long but my game didn't get in. I'll never get that professional, hype, competitive, fast paced feeling that is MLG.

I'm also hoping this doesn't kill Brawl. More of this-->$$$ equals more of this-->:metaknight: equals more camping.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, stop trying to turn this into a "omg melee is gonna die " thread. I cant believe i just said that.

PLEASE support what MLG is doing. Please show up and play in the event. This is HUGE for the BRAWL scene

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
MLG circuits always feature the most recent title in the series.

Don't turn this into a Brawl vs Melee debate. Back when MLG purchased Smashboards, a ridiculously immature flamewar erupted on this forum, over this subject.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
UTD ZAC or Hylian or M3D or samuraipanda

name search and infract people for the melee>brawl stuff please.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
This isn't an immature discussion. All the melee players have approached with solid debatable cases. It's not like we just said. OMG WTF MLG WAI MELEE NO ON?

Either way, it's a debate that can't be won by either side. Especially the for melee on it side.

That's something a brawl player would do
Just kidding
(My first post was sort of silly though)

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Actually it's a debate already won by melee players, lol have you seen the brawl kids' pathetic arguments...

All and all..... no one except brawl players will watch the game being played...
Brawl is honestly one of the worst spectator games known to man.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
2 outcomes now:
MLG realizes brawl sucks and they drop it and don't pick up melee

Or MLG realizes melee is better and picks it up again.

So basically... either I'm unaffected or AWESOME.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I would lol so hard if the official MLG ruleset had MK banned. (I would be pleased, too).

Also, I think melee would do better under MLG in the long run than brawl, since

A. it is fun to watch
B. sets dont take half an hour
C. has better gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom