• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is Part of the 2010 MLG season: $60,000 in prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'm a huge Melee guy, and I think we should just leave this thread alone and be happy that our series is getting attention at all. Whether X game lives or dies is up to the community. Most people who play their game play it because they enjoy it. Melee won't lose many people just because of Brawl at MLG.

So let's just leave it alone, at least in this thread, and be happy for our community in general.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
if Mlg ever watches a brawl match... im pretty sure they are gonna take it off the circuit.
and put on like...
cooking mamma instead.
real talk.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm a huge Melee guy, and I think we should just leave this thread alone and be happy that our series is getting attention at all. Whether X game lives or dies is up to the community. Most people who play their game play it because they enjoy it. Melee won't lose many people just because of Brawl at MLG.

So let's just leave it alone, at least in this thread, and be happy for our community in general.
Quoted so much for truth it's sad. Stop trying to force your opinions, peoples. let brawl have it's fun in the sun.

otg

Smash Master

This guy is 100% correct, the only Melee players who are complaining are the new guys anyway.

Good **** Brawl, honestly I hope you guys step up to the plate and make the Smash community proud.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, I already changed my mind. I forgot how ******** Brawl will be with more competition and money on the line.

but you guys better rep smash.

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Why Brawl and not Melee ? D:
Anyway:
HUGE Succes for the competetive Smash Scene. This if freaking huge!

So Fatal

Smash Master
omg. Do you see halo 2 on the circuit? NO halo 3, do you see CoD4 on there? NO u see codMw2, do you see tekken 5 on there? NO. Brawl is Newer, Melee is older, MLG needs newer games, not old ones. get the **** over it

otg

Smash Master
It's only the new guys, I swear they are all ******** and do not have perspective on this. This is a huge opportunity for the WHOLE smash scene. Quit acting like its the apocalypse. ****.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Crap, none of the events are anywhere near me. Still, this is great news for Brawl.

All these MELEE > BRAWL people need to realize that this thread isn't about Melee, its about Brawl being picked up by MLG. Besides, this is a good thing for Melee as well. A lot of tournaments have Brawl AS WELL AS Melee, and if more people start coming to the Brawl tourneys, they might also start playing more Melee as well.

Besides, the only people complaining are the new Melee players who think they're cool because they bash Brawl. >_>

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I have a bad feeling that Brawl peeps won't travel... bad turnouts mean it won't be back for next year, so you guys better travel for this shiz. I'd rather Brawl be in MLG then no Smash at all >_>

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Yeah. At a majority of melee + brawl nationals melee had a much larger turnout. So brawl people better start traveling. There are more brawl players then melee players they just need to travel.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I wonder is melee exclusive pros like Mango and others will now start to learn/play brawl in the hopes of tapping MLG's (relatively) huge payouts.

i mean at this point people play whatever game they straight up enjoy more, but when the difference between a community hosted tourny winnings and a MLG sponsered event is a few thousand, you have to think that some Melee pros will swallow their pride just for the money.

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

King~

Smash Champion
Yeah. At a majority of melee + brawl nationals melee had a much larger turnout. So brawl people better start traveling. There are more brawl players then melee players they just need to travel.
this is.....this is wrong

brawl was bigger(only by 2 people) at genesis

only time thats been the case was pound, which alot of people didnt want to go to cause it came off as more of a melee tourney

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Hey, Scidadle. We're cool and all.

But I'm going to have to ask you as kindly as possible to please shut up, lol.

I shall be playing brawl more now. I've only been asking that smash get professional coverage since they dropped melee. This is nice. :)

I love melee, btw. I hope other Melee players will follow my logic.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
And at pound 4 brawl attendance was destroyed by melee. So i guess my argument is invalid because of one tournament.

@Ian

Not legit

Anyways. Whatever I stopped debating a couple pages back.

To sum it all up.

Good stuff smash hopefully melee can leech some of the players if not I doubt the community will die. Smash is becoming more popular thanks for recognizing it MLG.

Prawn

Smash Master
melee players complaining about how boring brawl is should really watch more Ally or ADHD

hell even when m2k is playing gay its a good watch.

IMO of course, i <3 melee too stop fighting.

wakka444

Smash Ace
we cant go to EVERY big brawl tournament =P theres simply too many, thatd be different if we had the occasional one or two big tournaments to look forward to

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I wonder is melee exclusive pros like Mango and others will now start to learn/play brawl in the hopes of tapping MLG's (relatively) huge payouts.

i mean at this point people play whatever game they straight up enjoy more, but when the difference between a community hosted tourny winnings and a MLG sponsered event is a few thousand, you have to think that some Melee pros will swallow their pride just for the money.

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.
Yeaaaa...... no.

Brawl kills your Melee tech skill and will make their Melee performance in Melee suffer in comparison to still Melee exclusive pros.

Still nice that Brawl gets the spotlight when the game needed it.

Just don't play like a lame *** M2K....

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Oh snap, looks like the God Kais have some intense training to do... It's our time...I cannot wait... this is a very epic moment in my gaming career... haha I'm excited... it's not even 2 hours away from me... YES!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom