• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
It'll still be a while I think. Any number of issues could arise.

Still, I smell an upcoming release, I'm just not sure how long. Probably no more than a month is my guess.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Gary :)

Yeah, I know, I suck. Anyway, yes, I sent an early version to VILE a couple days ago. I now realize it won't work because of a bug with the joint hierarchy going from collada to brres. For what it's worth all the main controls are working and all that's left is debugging conversion problems like what I just mentioned. The collada compatibility problems are fixed for anyone who was having problems with earlier versions.

Eh, I have all day tomorrow (today) to work on it so hopefully I can post an update then. I finally got away from Walmart and Monday is the last day of the quarter so I'll finally have some free time soon.
Quarter?
If by the off chance you see this and feel like answering, what college do you go to?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
ITT Tech. And we only get like a week and a half between quarters. At least we're only back for a week before we're off again for the holidays.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess I said I would update so...

For the first time, I have a build I might actual call "functional". All I mean by that is, as of this point, I'm not aware of any bugs in the program. I fixed the node tree error and a problem with .png import. So, for now all I have to do is look for any remaining bugs (up to this point they kinda just came to me) and add the finishing touches (about box, automatically selecting imported items, etc.).

Bladefist137

Smash Cadet
I think everyone in this thread who said Pharrox abandoned us, at least owe him a apologize :p
besides that, thank you very much for the awesome job you did so far Pharrox :D

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I'm thinking that with the upcoming release of Pharox's godly creation, everything will start becoming a new brawl. I know this may be a bit to ask for, but would somone be able to add support for using Anim8or? even if not for converting models, it would be cool to have an easier way to make animations. Anim8or may not be the best, but it's free and easy. I think another thing we need is a sound effect editor. a new release of brawlbox with .wav importing to do the conversion would be awesome
and of cource a file patch code to load the brsar

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I'm thinking that with the upcoming release of Pharox's godly creation, everything will start becoming a new brawl. I know this may be a bit to ask for, but would somone be able to add support for using Anim8or? even if not for converting models, it would be cool to have an easier way to make animations. Anim8or may not be the best, but it's free and easy.
Kryal is working on an animation creator and I think he is almost done.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
ITT Tech. And we only get like a week and a half between quarters. At least we're only back for a week before we're off again for the holidays.
Oh, that's awesome. I didn't know they went on quarters.
I just started at The Art Institute a few months back and adjusting to quarters was pretty odd.
We get one week in between winter-spring and summer-fall quarters, and three weeks in between fall-winter and spring-summer. It's a pretty nice schedule overall.

Anyway, thanks for all your work on this, glad to hear you fixed some bugs and hope the rest goes well for you.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
@fortwaffles, sound effect editor has been released
@STUFF2o, ur awake!

the almighty demigod Pharrox has reserected! let us sing his praises and be mery!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
where is this sound effect editor of which you speak?
Only a few people know how, and you have to have a Japanese sound effect file. You also have to use File Replacement Code 4.0 Beta which is extremely buggy and you can't use any other codes with it.

In short, sounds effect replacement is pointless until PW fixes all the bugs with the Replacement Code.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Only a few people know how, and you have to have a Japanese sound effect file. You also have to use File Replacement Code 4.0 Beta which is extremely buggy and you can't use any other codes with it.

In short, sounds effect replacement is pointless until PW fixes all the bugs with the Replacement Code.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Wait, once Pharrox finishes the injector, won't that mean we will also be able to modify stage models? I know it will be very hard but it won't be impossible will it?
Well, they're models, aren't they? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to replace them. We would just need to figure out how the stage collisions are handled.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Wait, once Pharrox finishes the injector, won't that mean we will also be able to modify stage models? I know it will be very hard but it won't be impossible will it?
Last time I checked, VILE was working on a recreation of the SSB64 intro for Castle Siege.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman

not entirely true. you can replace any sound file. it does not need to be the Japanese version. but yeah, u have to use the file replacement 4.0 Beta.

but let me assure you that it is amazing. it uses .brstm format so what you can do (ive only done once with sucess. it takes a really long time to do) is record something through audacity. i made ganon say "this is sparta!" for his side tilt. its not very good quality but it proves it works.

but this isnt the place to talk about that.

yes, stage models would be possible. as of right now we can already swap stage models with other in game models. therefore, in theory, pharox's injector should apply for any model. but, of corse, this is mere speculation. Pharrox and the hacking elite are so far ahead of me that it truely does seem like magic.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Last time I checked, VILE was working on a recreation of the SSB64 intro for Castle Siege.
yes, stage models would be possible. as of right now we can already swap stage models with other in game models. therefore, in theory, pharox's injector should apply for any model. but, of corse, this is mere speculation. Pharrox and the hacking elite are so far ahead of me that it truely does seem like magic.
I've created a thread on this (here) if anyone has a suggestion for a stage or wants to tell stages they are working on.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
not entirely true. you can replace any sound file. it does not need to be the Japanese version. but yeah, u have to use the file replacement 4.0 Beta.

but let me assure you that it is amazing. it uses .brstm format so what you can do (ive only done once with sucess. it takes a really long time to do) is record something through audacity. i made ganon say "this is sparta!" for his side tilt. its not very good quality but it proves it works.

but this isnt the place to talk about that.

Also with sounds, i can replace brsar, the only cons are:

1: Crackly sound, Ive been working on reducing it, but i haven't gotten too much of a result.

2: The new sound effect can be the same length or less than the one its replacing.

3: Its a fairly slow and boring process, replacing all the sounds for 1 character would be, how should i put it, hellish.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Max cant import any animation files. But i know the similarities between the poser animation files and the brawl ones, kryal just never took the time to listen to me and make a converter.

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
Also with sounds, i can replace brsar, the only cons are:

1: Crackly sound, Ive been working on reducing it, but i haven't gotten too much of a result.

2: The new sound effect can be the same length or less than the one its replacing.

3: Its a fairly slow and boring process, replacing all the sounds for 1 character would be, how should i put it, hellish.
Woah woah, is there a thread with more info on this?

Even if replacing the sounds for a character is hell, I'd still be willing to do it.

I've been waiting ages for this.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
well, wouldn't the models need to be rigged to a skeleton, the bosses are really big compared to the characters. Even if you did manage to do it they would move really awkwardly.
That's already happened with model swapping. Haven't any of you seen Ridley Mario?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Every .dae I import into ColladaMax (though I'm not sure in the plugin even works or has been installed correctly) seems...."invisible". It knows the model is there, but the model itself does not show.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Cool! Why wouldn't Charizard work? I mean, he has both wing bones and tail bones. Or do those bones have different names than Ridley's and make it look screwy? Or did they just want to do mario for giggles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom