• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Music Swap - Version 2 is OUT (Updated June 8)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes. The only variable not listed on the Music list is 2710. IT MIGHT be the Menu 4 song, but I can't confirm that now.

Oh. I figured out that Battlefield Ver. 2 is 2711 by examining this code:

Code:
Battlefield My Music Reset
4A000000 9017EBCC
14000000 000026FC
14000004 00000032
14000008 000027EE
1400000C 00000032
14000010 00002711
14000014 00000032
14000018 00002813
1400001C 00000032
14000020 00002815
14000024 00000032
E0000000 80008000
These codes work the same as the My music Modifier Codes.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@External Yoshi: Good find. I've added the first, but haven't uploaded it yet.

@Samuelson: Read the FAQ. It does mess with online play.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Wow! This is epic. If your program fought Chuck Norris and MK, the program would win.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Does the program only make the codes for levels you tell it to edit? I already did some hacking and don't know if I should re-hack those stages with the Java program.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Does the program only make the codes for levels you tell it to edit? I already did some hacking and don't know if I should re-hack those stages with the Java program.
Whatever stages you click on to change music, those are the ONLY codes that will be generated. So if you click on Final Destitation and Corneria to change the music, those are the only stages that will be affected when you load up the codes.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Whatever stages you click on to change music, those are the ONLY codes that will be generated. So if you click on Final Destitation and Corneria to change the music, those are the only stages that will be affected when you load up the codes.
Thank you, you saved me a bunch of time in more than one way. I was actually considering working on making this very program, but I figured it would be more effort than it would be worth because I wasn't going to make it public. This is good work, no more worrying about messing up my save file when I change my My Music

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This is a good program, but you seem to use the old and defunct song list. I suppose it's reasonable since the code people never changed their listings to use my superior and more accurate list. Here's the full list.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5186254&postcount=257

The most obvious mistake in the old list is that it lists track 26F9 incorrectly as a second instance of "Menu 1" instead of what is really is "Super Smash Bros. Brawl Main Theme". I also thoroughly documented what I believe are all of the "nameless" tracks, and your internal warnings about them are a bit off. Every nameless track has no name when loaded in a match (the little box to show the name appears but has no title listed in it), but it can crash the game when and only when you open My Music on a stage with such a track. This includes the tracks ELECTRO and ENDING which you didn't attach any warnings to (ELECTRO is actually Hanenbow's background music, by the way; Hanenbow might not crash when you open it in My Music if you put a track with a name on it though messing with it would be kinda pointless). If I were you, I'd include all of the proper nameless tracks but just group them below all the other music since there's really not much reason to use them (most of them are either totally silent or really short with no looping).

Also, evidently your listing can't handle superscripts. It lists O2 Battle as O battle (as I look my old list has the same mistake). You probably just want to insert that 2 manually. I'm actually not sure if it's supposed to be an O or a 0, but it's a Kirby song defaultly on the Halberd so it should be easy to check for someone with a working Wii (not me).

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Thank you very much Amazing Ampharos. I'll work on an update to include new, correct list.

And good idea with the grouping.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Incidentally, the answer is probably followed by a 'duh', but is this actually replacing one song with another, or is it just swapping the two around? (IE If I go to put Live and Learn as Menu Music, would Menu Music then play on Green Hill zone?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
If I may make a recommendation, next to the song number, you may want to put the name of the default song. It would take a decent amount of time, but you wouldn't have to reference brawl if you don't know the song #.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@mic128: Technically it just replaces the song. It doesn's swap them around. So you can have Live and Learn on all stages as all songs if you wanted.

@trojanpooh: Good point. I like the idea of knowing which song i'm replacing. I'll include this in the next update as well. Shouldn't be that hard.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
I vaguely remember hearing about a problem where if you change the music, replays saved using the other music don't work right. Is this still the case, or was this ever the case?

If I don't have to worry about replays, I'm going to try this tonight.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
@mic128: Technically it just replaces the song. It doesn's swap them around. So you can have Live and Learn on all stages as all songs if you wanted.

@trojanpooh: Good point. I like the idea of knowing which song i'm replacing. I'll include this in the next update as well. Shouldn't be that hard.
Not hard just time consuming.

jokey665

Smash Ace
I vaguely remember hearing about a problem where if you change the music, replays saved using the other music don't work right. Is this still the case, or was this ever the case?

If I don't have to worry about replays, I'm going to try this tonight.
I've heard the same, but I haven't tried watching a replay since I've changed my music, so I have no idea about the specifics on that.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Technically it just replaces the song. It doesn's swap them around. So you can have 25m on all stages as all songs if you wanted.

Fix'd

Sorry for this useless post, I just couldn't resist.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone confirm whether or not there's a problem with replays that are saved with the music you replace? It's kind-of important, as I will likely be saving matches from a friend's Wii (which wont have this hack) and then playing them on mine.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Can anyone confirm whether or not there's a problem with replays that are saved with the music you replace? It's kind-of important, as I will likely be saving matches from a friend's Wii (which wont have this hack) and then playing them on mine.
I would like to know as well. When someone finds out I'll put it in the FAQ.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Yes, your Wii will freeze if you lack the song on that stage if it is a replaced My Music song.
That's what I thought. It makes sense; it's for the same reason that it messes up on WiFi.

I might try it anyway. The worst-case-scenario is that I switch to a different codes file when I go to record matches that were saved on someone else's Wii.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Hey, I've got a question about the program. I got the MyCodeList1, but after I get that, I don't know what to do. Also, if I want, could I change the songs back to their original format?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Just wondering, are any operational "Nameless" songs available through the generator?

Also random question relating to Brawl Music -

The unused songs are all blank tracks right? Just wondering...because you never know? o_o

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hey, I've got a question about the program. I got the MyCodeList1, but after I get that, I don't know what to do. Also, if I want, could I change the songs back to their original format?
What you want to do with the code file is load it up using the Ocarina PC codemgr.exe and then "Export to GCT" and put that file on your SD card. This is in the FAQ I think.

You will need the codemgr program to convert the code file into another file readable by the Ocarina application. That way when you load up your game, it will load the codes.

If you want to revert back to the original songs, use the "Original Song Codes" button the generate a list of all the stages with their original music. Then load up this list like you did before.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
I'm having a slight problem still. I change all the songs I want in your program, load the codemgr program, load the txt file in that program, check each of the boxes on the side of the program, click save at the bottom, save it in the folder on my sd card entitled codes, remove my sd card, put it in the wii, go to the homebrew channel, click GeckoOS, and then after I hit launch game, it says no SD Codes found, and the music is normal.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
So am i forever screwed out of all hacks, because i updated my wii like a *******?

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'm having a slight problem still. I change all the songs I want in your program, load the codemgr program, load the txt file in that program, check each of the boxes on the side of the program, click save at the bottom, save it in the folder on my sd card entitled codes, remove my sd card, put it in the wii, go to the homebrew channel, click GeckoOS, and then after I hit launch game, it says no SD Codes found, and the music is normal.
After you save you txt file, be sure to EXPORT TO GCT in the code manager program. This file needs to be in your 'codes' folder on your SD card, not the txt file.

Hope that helps.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
I did that, and it still says the same thing. No SD Codes Found. I changed it to a .gct file, and it still says No SD Codes Found in the Homebrew channel. Which makes no sense, as Brawl+ works perfectly.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
If you play a replay with a hacked song using this method, the wii will freeze if you don't have that song on that stage. So if you save a replay with mona pizza on FD then later change the song to sonic boom and go to watch that replay, your wii will freeze. So... your friend can't watch watch replays you've sent with this method of music hacks, unless they have the same song on the same stage on the same slot. You can however use the button music mod (wherever it is) to save replays and have them play with no problem. I believe it is much more convenient to have any song on demand just by holding a button.

pawnch

Smash Cadet
If you play a replay with a hacked song using this method, the wii will freeze if you don't have that song on that stage. So if you save a replay with mona pizza on FD then later change the song to sonic boom and go to watch that replay, your wii will freeze. So... your friend can't watch watch replays you've sent with this method of music hacks, unless they have the same song on the same stage on the same slot. You can however use the button music mod (wherever it is) to save replays and have them play with no problem. I believe it is much more convenient to have any song on demand just by holding a button.
Oh, my bad. I gotta warn my friend!:chuckle::chuckle:

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Is there a fix to the online issue? I play online frequently. =(

Edit: Hm, actually. How easy is it to take the music swap code off? Can I just take it out of the code folder and stick it somewhere else on my SD Card when I don't feel like using it?

Top Bottom