• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Music Swap - Version 2 is OUT (Updated June 8)

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Is there a fix to the online issue? I play online frequently. =(

Edit: Hm, actually. How easy is it to take the music swap code off? Can I just take it out of the code folder and stick it somewhere else on my SD Card when I don't feel like using it?
Nope, its part of your save file, so even if you're not using Gecko OS, it still is in effect.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Ha, this hack is a pain. =p I'm just going to leave it off until I know I'm playing offline.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
This thing is awesome. Do you think you could make such a program for making a custom stage select screen and custom character select screens?

Congrats on winning No Koast by the way.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
This thing is awesome. Do you think you could make such a program for making a custom stage select screen and custom character select screens?

Congrats on winning No Koast by the way.
Haha thanks =)

There's a somewhat simple thing you can do if you play online frequently and need the original music.

First create the GCT file using whatever stage codes you want. Then instead of putting it in the "codes" folder, create a new folder and name it "Custom Music" or something. Put the code in there.
Then create a GCT file using the original song codes. Create a folder and name it "Original Music"

Now you have two folders on your SD card with two different GCT code files in them. Whenever you want to change from Custom music to Original music simply copy/paste from the respective folder into the "codes" folder that Ocarina / GeckoOS uses.

TheStig

Smash Lord
this works really well

although if someone comes up with a legit way to upload your own music i will pay them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hmm. So I decided to play online, and got as far as putting the original song list as a txt file in code manager and exporting it as a .gct to my sd card and all...only for the ocarina application to say on the wii that the file is too big o_O....

Revven

FrankerZ
Stop using Ocarina and use Gecko OS 1.07b, also, you can't have more than 256 lines of code so you can't just put ALL the My Music Reset codes in one .gct...

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Aren't you just supposed to use the code the program in the original post puts out to put your music back to normal? The my music reset codes will set your my music settings back to the factory default, meaning you will have zero songs unlocked.

I don't know if the code the program in the OP spits out will net you songs if you haven't technically unlocked them yet for the position that it's supposed to be filling. Has anyone tested this? If it doesn't let you get songs you never had in the first place (or at least fill their spot with a song if you never had them in the first place), then you can use this code to quickly get all the CDs in the game:
Code:
Franklin Badges are CDs [I don't know who made this code, 5 lines]
4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C060001 40820008
38C0000B 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000
Just go into training and spawn a ton of CDs (franklin badges) until you have all the songs.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Amazing generator.
As I was trying to figure out hex, I kept telling myself, "A generator would be soo useful" and ehre it is.

Thanks.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
this program is WIN!!!

inside of 3 minutes i've got cornaria playing of battlefield and the airship theme as my menu music.

SO MUCH WIN!!!!!!!

KBM

Smash Ace
this is nothing short of brilliance. amazing program, saved me a TON of effort, thank you so much

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
wow, I've been trying it and its pretty easy to use, really good job ^^

but the codes don't work in Brawl PAL, any chances of this program generating PAL codes?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
This is a brilliant program, thank you for creating it, it saved me a bunch of effort.

Are you able to play wifi with this code on, though? I've been thinking I might start wifi'ing soon and just was wondering

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yeah for some odd reason i can't get my music back to normal. i did exactly what you said and my music is still the same as before. i want my original songs back.:(

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
Wait a sec, wouldn't the "Original Songs" code have the same affect as an "Unlock all songs" code, but just for stages?

Or at least something like that?

Saltix

Smash Lord
What about current replays that have default songs on the stage?
will that freeze the wii?

4Serial

Smash Lord
how can i get the brawl plus gct codes and the music swap to work at the same time? =S
it has to be named "RSBE01.gct" for the codes to work on brawl right? so i have the brawl plus one, and i have the music one... I've tried to create my own gct file putting both in there, but it doesn't work. when I launch the game through gecko, it says "found codes. applying" and then it freezes. help!

jokey665

Smash Ace
how can i get the brawl plus gct codes and the music swap to work at the same time? =S
it has to be named "RSBE01.gct" for the codes to work on brawl right? so i have the brawl plus one, and i have the music one... I've tried to create my own gct file putting both in there, but it doesn't work. when I launch the game through gecko, it says "found codes. applying" and then it freezes. help!
If you have more than 256 lines of code it freezes. Just run the music code by itself first, because once you change your music it stays that way even when the code is off.

SirPsychoMantis

Smash Apprentice
If you use this code will the "My Music" menu ingame change at all or will I have to remember what I changed to modify the frequencies of each song?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yeah, look I would love to see people add outside music to Brawl. It would be awesome to listen to metal and techno while playing Brawl!

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
If you use this code will the "My Music" menu ingame change at all or will I have to remember what I changed to modify the frequencies of each song?
The my music menu will change. As in, you will see sonic boom on final destination when you go to the my music menu.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, if I set my swapped music to 0% on my music, lets say on FD. Will it freeze still when I play FD with a friend online when I set the original music to 100%?

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much! I'm not all for the music swapping, but your "Original Song Codes" fixed the freezing on like every single one of the stages that I had problems with. xD

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
A great solution to the replays problem I use is I save all of my replays with the music swap hack on my SD Card. Because I play online a lot, and I'm constantly switching music.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
So I ran into the problem of the fourth song on My Menu not changing back to normal. It did the previous times I used this code but it's not now. Not that big of a deal, however. I just put the song down to a zero chance of playing on the menu. The song is Vs. Parasite Queen.

AzureTwilight

Smash Rookie
OUTSIDE of using this method to manually PICK your songs. I have to ask, and read carefully please...

Is it at all possible to have a code that makes a RANDOM song play from the ENTIRE list of songs? IE: You turn on Brawl. Skip movie. Menu screen. A random song is selected from the list of available songs in the entire game. You enter Multiplayer. And you play on, let's say, Halberd. A random song from anywhere in the game would play there. And so on and so forth.

In effect, (since I know the bare minimum of coding, though I try not to be a dumb*ss), is it possible to have a super random music dealie? *watery hope filled eyes*

PwnerBren7

Smash Journeyman
Um if we leave the songs all unchanged then make the code will it unlock songs we don't have yet? I'm having a problem where O battle is unlocked in the challenge data but it doesn't appear in my music.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Other than being another person requestiong a PAL version of the codes, do you need to always load through gecko for the music, or once you've changed the music can you then just load it up via the Disc Channel and the music is still swapped?

Revven

FrankerZ
The music change is permanent until you change it yourself again or you reset your My Music with Gecko OS. You no longer need to boot through Gecko OS after you have made the changes to your music.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
The music change is permanent until you change it yourself again or you reset your My Music with Gecko OS. You no longer need to boot through Gecko OS after you have made the changes to your music.
That's my favorite part of this hack, is it messes with the save file and perma-swaps the music around. Once you load it up once, you don't have to use homebrew anymore. Just load Smash through the disc channel and you're good.

Top Bottom