• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Does that code freeze EVERY level, or just the mansion? Or, does it actually freeze anything to begin with or just slow it down like you were talking about?

D

Deleted member

we (or at least I) are not considering a button activator, since this would cause major confusion on which version of a stage is actually gonna be used. in friendlies it's fine, but tournaments need to have clear rules etc.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok, this has only started to happen recently, but on Gecko OS, when I say "start game", it says

"Error: No DVD Found. Press B to Return."

What the **** does this mean? And how do I fix it?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
we (or at least I) are not considering a button activator, since this would cause major confusion on which version of a stage is actually gonna be used. in friendlies it's fine, but tournaments need to have clear rules etc.
thats reasonable, so could we have two choices on the SSS (not this next release, but eventually) for regular mansion and deadlands?

D

Deleted member

thats reasonable, so could we have two choices on the SSS (not this next release, but eventually) for regular mansion and deadlands?
only if they would be on the different pages (I need a reference point) and even then it might be tricky.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Is there any way to get rid of Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2 then?
Just tedious to have it come up when I want to play on 1-1 and have to exit out and reselect Mushroomy until I get 1-1.

I do actually find the slowed 1-1 to be a lot of fun, scrolling stages mess with people so much (<3 Rainbow Cruise) :)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Just tedious to have it come up when I want to play on 1-1 and have to exit out and reselect Mushroomy until I get 1-1.

I do actually find the slowed 1-1 to be a lot of fun, scrolling stages mess with people so much (<3 Rainbow Cruise) :)
Turn the music for 1-2 off noob.

timothyung

Smash Ace

■You can ensure you go to World 1-1 on the Mushroomy Kingdom stage by holding down a button as you select the stage. For the GameCube and Classic Controllers, hold down the X or Y Buttons. For the Wii Remote control scheme, use the A Button, and for the Nunchuk and Wii Remote combo, hold down the C Button.
■If you feel like you’d like to play Mushroomy Kingdom’s World 1-2, you can choose that one as well. When playing with the GameCube or Classic Controller, hold down the L Button or R Button while selecting the stage to go to World 1-2. When using a Wii Remote, hold the B Button, and when using the Nunchuk and Wii Remote combo, hold down the Z Button.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various38.html

camelot

Smash Ace
Do you think the replay issue (with it showing the wrong stage icons) would be fixed by... just adding the WiFi room at the very end of the stage list? Maybe it jumbles up the icons if you put the stages in a different order.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
1-1 is made of win stfu >:V
And that's exactly why you dont have a colored name. :V

The only issue I see with 1-1 right now is its stage layout. It's extremely easy for characters with disjointed hitboxes (Marth, Ike, MK, Kirby, etc) to push characters left and keep them left and the blocks sometimes make it really hard to get back to the center. Something should be done about this. I propose increasing the size of teh stage. :V

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I propose increasing the size of teh stage. :V
I second this. I'm all for getting a "grounded RC" out there, but even with the slower speed, the stage is still very silly due to its death boundaries. A size increase on Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 may give the stage some legitimacy.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well it has been working with 1.9.1 before today, so I think it's just the disc (because the disk has had reading errors in the past). I'll try cleaning it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
And that's exactly why you dont have a colored name. :V

The only issue I see with 1-1 right now is its stage layout. It's extremely easy for characters with disjointed hitboxes (Marth, Ike, MK, Kirby, etc) to push characters left and keep them left and the blocks sometimes make it really hard to get back to the center. Something should be done about this. I propose increasing the size of teh stage. :V
I propose we stop wasting our time on uncompetitive stages that aren't worth saving. I don't think there's anything anyone could do to this stage that would convince me to make it legal at a tourney I'm running.

There are stages that are much more viable than this one that we could save. Skyworld and Port Town come to mind.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I second this. I'm all for getting a "grounded RC" out there, but even with the slower speed, the stage is still very silly due to its death boundaries. A size increase on Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 may give the stage some legitimacy.
Increase the stage size for more manuverability. Increase the boundery on the left side and push it further to the left, but zoom the camera in a bit so there is a nice area on the left that is off stage to reduce the frequency of ******** walls of disjointedness on the left side. The left side should be large enough for at least two large characters off screen. Doing this will make it harder to die off the left side as well, encouraging kills off the easier right. Increasing the bouderies on top and bottom will help so you dont die the very second you go off screen off the top and the bottom. <_>

I propose we stop wasting our time on uncompetitive stages that aren't worth saving. I don't think there's anything anyone could do to this stage that would convince me to make it legal at a tourney I'm running.

There are stages that are much more viable than this one that we could save. Skyworld and Port Town come to mind.
Not everyone is extremely busy in WBR. People like me and VietGeek who arent constantly doing something like code testing or creation or frame data/hitbox research are capable of thing things like attempting to salvage stages that would be considered otherwise unsalvagable.

Ouch, low blow. :V
<333

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I am using Gecko OS 1.9.1, and it still says "No DVD found."

???
The only time this ever happened to me was the time I inserted my brawl disk the wrong way. How are you gettind DRE's all of a sudden?

This. Seriously, this. Slowing down the speed of 1-1 is nice and everything, but there's not much you can do to it to save it. Much like Spear Pillar(the bottom half of the stage is what keeps it from ever being tourney viable, pokemon or not), there's not much you can do.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I think that It's great that they are making stages CP's. It's bad to have too many neutrals but I feel you can never have enough (Unique) CP's.

Also, you guys should actually try MK1 with the slower speed, It's actually pretty fun. The only real problems with it are the death boundaries and the fact that there are a couple death pits.

And Spear Pillar is easily salvageable, all we have to do is shift the boundaries to the left and then break the left side of the stage permanently. Doing that would make it a pretty nice CP.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Couldn't we move the death boundary of spear pillar up so that it is above the gay cave of life?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
@sage: the bottom boundaries are way too low on spear pillar for it to ever be a playable stage if you do that

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Or it could be an interesting gimmick of the stage? Loliunno. I'm fine with the amout of stages we have now...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Stages like Skyworld and Green Hill Zone already have planned fixes that are pretty much going to happen in the WBR. <_>

Stages like Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 and 1-2 are more complicated because of how they work.

Hence why I'd rather work on the harder, more gimmicky, more complicated stages.

JC, you already know about the plans we have for stages. <_>

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yeah the only way to fix Spear Pillar would be to remove as much of the cave as possible.
BBrawl raised the bottom boundary but its even worse of a stage like that.

Removing some of the top section and freezing it there would be the way to go, but I dunno exactly what is possible to do in regards to that.

Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 does have some issues, but it's by no means not salvageable. You should know exactly what part of the stage is coming up next, so getting gayed by the stage isn't much of an excuse; just like Rainbow Cruise really. Yeah, Cruise can screw you over easily but you can't say you didn't know that a certain part of the stage was coming next.

I agree that the only serious issue now is the boundaries. Other then that, the issues become more character specific (which is what makes it a unique counterpick) or easily avoidable with a little thought into what part of the stage is coming up next.

Stages like Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 and 1-2 are more complicated because of how they work.
I don't think 1-2 can be made into a viable stage in all honesty. The top layer of blocks create tech heaven, or you could just camp up on the top layer and get STUPIDLY easy vertical kills. Extending the boundary a lot would fix that, but doesn't solve that anyone can just DI up into the ceiling and tech it to survive for stupid percents. It just becomes a matter of staying in the middle as the stage moves to avoid the side boundaries.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Stages like Skyworld and Green Hill Zone already have planned fixes that are pretty much going to happen in the WBR. <_>
Green Hill Zone's going to become legal? Thank goodness, I can finally listen to Live and Learn on a legal stage XD (no don't tell me to music hack it to another stage. Most of them are filled to the brim with [planned] music hacks already) <3.

Also sage, BBrawl tried out what you're proposing I think. The result was...less than spectacular. As cool as it would be to see Spear Pillar legal, I doubt it could feasibly happen unless I'm overlooking some obvious way to fix it like...I dunno...blowing up the entire top half of the stage.

D

Deleted member

EDIT2: thnder, you almost guessed how we are gonna fix pillar but not quite

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I don't think 1-2 can be made into a viable stage in all honesty. The top layer of blocks create tech heaven, or you could just camp up on the top layer and get STUPIDLY easy vertical kills. Extending the boundary a lot would fix that, but doesn't solve that anyone can just DI up into the ceiling and tech it to survive for stupid percents. It just becomes a matter of staying in the middle as the stage moves to avoid the side boundaries.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'm really excited to make a ton of legal stages that will ruin the good counterpicking system found in Smash games just so we can say we can. I'm truly stoked about it.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I cleaned my disc and it still isn't working. It still says DVD not found. This was never happening before, why the **** is it happening now1?!?!

Edit: nvm I tried loading up vBrawl and it can't read the disc. Lemme try cleaning it again >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom