• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
zap jumping and b-sticking are different. doing it manually DOESN'T take longer. especially since you have 10 frames to buffer it in vbrawl, and I can do it perfectly fine with 0 frames to buffer it.

it may be more spammable, but who cares about spam? thats not always the best tactic.

just be more precise and you won't kill yourself with neutral b so often
You zap jump BY b-sticking (but you probably know this), and by the way is it even possible to zapjump without the b-stick? I will admit that I don't know if it is. And when I say spammable I mean repeatedly doing it faster, which is good in case you miss/feel you can follow up with another PKfire. In addition I bet that at 0 buffer you do not do it as fast as someone b-sticking. Having 10 buffer on Lucas is a setback, and it is easily avoidable by b-sticking.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Uair? Planking? Trying to cut down on that...you know..
Still doesn't mean you should modify the upair. That really isn't even gonna fix the issue...you(the person being planked) won't get hit as much but Metaknight will still be able to regrab the ledge... There are plenty of other moves that MK will be able to use to replace upair (although it's the best one for the situation) It really isn't gonna help if you look at what makes planking actually work and it is a situational tactic. The player will react accordingly so upair isn't gonna always be the best move. All you'll be doing is making upair a crappier move by limiting it's range. Upair isn't even really supposed to hit when planking it's just a threat tactic that makes the person scared to approach.

You zap jump BY b-sticking (but you probably know this), and by the way is it even possible to zapjump without the b-stick? I will admit that I don't know if it is. And when I say spammable I mean repeatedly doing it faster, which is good in case you miss/feel you can follow up with another PKfire. In addition I bet that at 0 buffer you do not do it as fast as someone b-sticking. Having 10 buffer on Lucas is a setback, and it is easily avoidable by b-sticking.
Ninjalink never killed himself while attempting a Zap jump..What does that tell you? :ohwell:

No freefall after B is a change only you want because it caters to fixing your mistake. It's not gonna help the character at all, nor does Lucas even need it. He's crazy already. Just get better with it and you won't kill yourself as much.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Ninjalink never killed himself while attempting a Zap jump..What does that tell you? :ohwell:

No freefall after B is a change only you want because it caters to fixing your mistake. It's not gonna help the character at all, nor does Lucas even need it. He's crazy already. Just get better with it and you won't kill yourself as much.
You don't do it by zapjumping.......
And besides that I don't see the problem with changing it, its not even really a buff, PKfreeze is Lucas's worst move. Its not like I die all the time from it (it actually happens fairly rarely), I just thought it would be an easy change that would just take out an annoying part of Lucas's game without actually buffing him.

And I'm not the only one who wants this changed, there have been others too. The real problem is there aren't many Lucas+ players that post in the character discussion/this thread. Off the top of my head there are: SHeLL, me, Toxicow, and Veril (although Lucas is obviously not his main)

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
You don't do it by zapjumping.......
And besides that I don't see the problem with changing it, its not even really a buff, PKfreeze is Lucas's worst move. Its not like I die all the time from it, I just thought it would be an easy change that would just take out an annoying part of Lucas's game without actually buffing him.
Ok well according to your previous post you sometimes mess up Psi Magnet and PK fire and accidentally use the PK freeze instead...both of those are wayyy easier than doing a Zap jump. For you to mess those simple commands up shows a huge lack of technical competence on your part. To mess up those on bstick and have a neutral b come out is quite sad...

GET BETTER. :ohwell:

Ajyle

Smash Rookie
Actually I don't b-stick and I zap jump all the time (I changed R to attack so I don't have to claw).

And without B-stick I still often have ******** PK Freeze suicides when I try to wavebounce occasionally although that is due to errors on my part. If your doing this mistake on b-stick then shame on you (How did you get neutral B to come out on B-stick anyways???). As XSilvenX stated it would probably be a useless change which would cater to fixing a player's mistake. Lucas is good as he is no need to fix it.Improve your technical game and then perhaps this wouldn't be an issue.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I just hit y and b at the same time to zapjump. I use default controls, and I can still bstick everything just as well, I'm telling you its not that hard.

I don't see how having more buffer frames is a setback, but whatever.

fact is, b sticking is based on momentum, you don't need special controls, and the change on PK freeze is unneccesary because its just a tech skill issue. maybe your controller is messed up too, and its forcing those odd inbetween angles which cause you to neutral b instead

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Ok well according to your previous post you sometimes mess up Psi Magnet and PK fire and accidentally use the PK freeze instead...both of those are wayyy easier than doing a Zap jump. For you to mess those simple commands up shows a huge lack of technical competence on your part. To mess up those on bstick and have a neutral b come out is quite sad...

GET BETTER. :ohwell:
Its not that its hard to do them, its that if you press the b-stick at a certain angle, (right near the corner, which is where you need to press the c-stick to psidash) its possible that you will do a PK Freeze. It has nothing to do with having bad technical skill because you can't even really do PKfreeze with he b-stick reliably if you WANTED to. You almost never do PKfreeze when zapjumping (which I do) because you press the stick to the side in order to do PK fire. If you don't play Lucas I think you shouldn't even be saying these things. So what I sometimes (IE rarely) press the c-stick into the corner and do a PKfreeze instead of a psidash, I fail to see how this means I have no technical skill.

EDIT: Zapjumping is not at all difficult, so I'm not sure why your implying that it is hard.

Actually I don't b-stick and I zap jump all the time (I changed R to attack so I don't have to claw).

And without B-stick I still often have ******** PK Freeze suicides when I try to wavebounce occasionally although that is due to errors on my part. If your doing this mistake on b-stick then shame on you (How did you get neutral B to come out on B-stick anyways???). As XSilvenX stated it would probably be a useless change which would cater to fixing a player's mistake. Lucas is good as he is no need to fix it.Improve your technical game and then perhaps this wouldn't be an issue.
You're not understanding what I'm talking about. When you b-stick, and you hit it at a 45% angle down, you SOMETIMES do a PK freeze. Not every time, only if your moving in certain directions and sometimes randomly. Me hitting the c-stick into the exact same place I hit it a couple seconds ago could make me do an entirely different move, which then makes me die if I'm offstage.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
The best solution to this is to strike up an affiliation. Take the best aspects of the Nightly Builds and blend them with the Plussery.
Blend them? He took the plussery code set and warped it. There is a reason our codeset doesn't have a ton of downgrav, there is a reason why Captain Falcon doesn't have a ridiculous amounts of buffs. There is no need to blend, and if he was concerned about Brawl+ then he would be pushing for buffs normally like everyone else is on the team. Instead he circumvents us, uses our code as a base, and then tries to push for everyone to use his ****. It's BS.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm sorry Almas, but this needs to be addressed. I don't know how you feel about it, but trust me, jacking the hard work of the plussery, making a few borked changes, and calling it "his set" is downright unethical, and honestly I find it offensive. It's one thing if he said it was changes "for fun" but his agenda is to make his set "the set" for competitive play. We put in a lot of time and effort into making B+ what it is, and he is riding our coat-tails and trying to push his agenda through our work.
No. The whole point of this entire thread was supposed to be for some people to make their own nightly builds to experiment and steal from each other's thread to add to the plussery. I am NOT pushing my set for the "standard" set but its there so that I can actually SHOW you my ideas because its clear to me that words enough don't cut it. I see it as Plussery set v2 which is a different perspective so that hopefully, some things can get incorporated into the official set. I should have claimed my set as official a long time ago before the plussery came out of nowhere to do it but I missed my chance.
Kupo's set thread - I don't see the problem with making his own thread if it helps with organization. It gets annoying to see Kupo come in here and talk about issues that have nothing to do with "Brawl+ Nightly Builds" and other people wasting space talking about it too. The thread is cluttered as it is and since he wants to call it his own version of Brawl+ he might as well have his own thread.
You are yet another person who apparently doesn't know the intent of this thread either. This thread isn't for plussery nightly builds only. Its for several nightly builds so we can build off of each other to add to the official set. People wanted several sets like pre plussery and in fact, this thread was delay for about a week coming from the broom because we were waiting on Alopex to add his nightly builds code set as well.

People really need to realize the intent of this thread. I have no idea where the communication went wrong.
EDIT:
Blend them? He took the plussery code set and warped it. There is a reason our codeset doesn't have a ton of downgrav, there is a reason why Captain Falcon doesn't have a ridiculous amounts of buffs.
I buff everyone thank you very much. Falcon is not god in my set like you claim or overbuffed. You have been away for several months so maybe you don't know everything about the why's and how's about this thread to point fingers. I still make contributions to the plussery set and I do credit the plussery in my set as well.

I also find it odd how you look down on the dgrav in my set when you where fighting for around the same level (a little lower though) pre plussery and are defending the plussery's gravity when it is less than my set pre plussery. There is no "hidden agenda" behind this paragraph, I just find that interesting..that is all.

So cookiemonster, no strange momentum problems and things are working like I stated?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Ok guys, I figured out exactly how to b-stick PKfreeze. If you hit 45% down on the c-stick softly you do PKFreeze. But you have to hit EXACTLY in the same spot. I guess I withdraw my change request(even though I would still be happy if it was added) as because of this it IS based in technical skill. The only problem I have is that you do it so rarely since you have to be precise about it that you do not expect it. Most of the time when you suicide from PKfreeze it is while edgeguarding with Psimagnet.
I would request a buff to PK freeze but I know Lucas is already a very good character and Silven would flame me to no end :laugh:

I still stand by my opinions of B-sticking though.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
No. The whole point of this entire thread was supposed to be for some people to make their own nightly builds to experiment and steal from each other's thread to add to the plussery.
So you want to add universal down grav, readjusted hitstun, increased running speeds and all that? Well that's great for fun stuff, but if your goal is to get it incorporated into the plussery set then why aren't you debating it? If you feel it has merit, you are a WBR member so you can post your findings and we can talk it out. From reading your stuff it seems that you haven't let this go because you feel it has merit, so why don't you bring the topic back up?
I am NOT pushing my set for the "standard" set but its there so that I can actually SHOW you my ideas because its clear to me that words enough don't cut it.
Really now? Your words don't cut it? Maybe there is a reason why they don't. Maybe it's because some of your ideas aren't quite as sound as you think they are. Hell, I JUST showed up, pushed for a reasonable Link buff, and it's going to come to fruition soon. It's not like it's hard to get the WBR to do something if you have good logic and reasoning to back up what you say.
I should have claimed my set as official a long time ago before the plussery came out of nowhere to do it but I missed my chance.
If you claimed it official you wouldn't have had legitimacy anyways. It's not as if the Plussery took that away from you, as the Plussery was simply a group that the site formed to make an official set. From what I have been told, they did indeed look over and even incorporated some of your ideas, but other things were tossed out as well.
I buff everyone thank you very much. Falcon is not god in my set like you claim or overbuffed.
Two things to say to this quote. One, Falcon doesn't really need that much in the ways of buffs. He's already a really good character. We haven't buffed him much because of that.

Also, how are your buffs supposed to show your ideas to us? You have a different system with universal down grav and the other changes I mentioned before. If you wanted to push for character buffs, you can't really do it with your set, as it has quite a few universal changes that alter it too much to be able to quantify much of anything. So much for showing us your ideas.
You have been away for several months so maybe you don't know everything about the why's and how's about this thread to point fingers.
It really doesn't take me that long to get caught up with stuff.

All in all, A LOT of the stuff you have in your set isn't even mentioned in the WBR or on IRC. It seems like you are staying relatively isolated from the rest of the group. If your goal was what you say it is, then why are you not actively discussing the changes you are making with us? It seems to me that judging from your actions, your intentions are not to help the Plussery much at all. Do you not realize that it is shady behavior?

Ajyle

Smash Rookie
Ok guys, I figured out exactly how to b-stick PKfreeze. If you hit 45% down on the c-stick softly you do PKFreeze. But you have to hit EXACTLY in the same spot. I guess I withdraw my change request(even though I would still be happy if it was added) as because of this it IS based in technical skill. The only problem I have is that you do it so rarely since you have to be precise about it that you do not expect it. Most of the time when you suicide from PKfreeze it is while edgeguarding with Psimagnet.
I would request a buff to PK freeze but I know Lucas is already a very good character and Silven would flame me to no end :laugh:

Glad you figured it out I was about to tell you this myself as I just tested it myself and found the same results.

D

Deleted member

No. The whole point of this entire thread was supposed to be for some people to make their own nightly builds to experiment and steal from each other's thread to add to the plussery. I am NOT pushing my set for the "standard" set but its there so that I can actually SHOW you my ideas because its clear to me that words enough don't cut it. I see it as Plussery set v2 which is a different perspective so that hopefully, some things can get incorporated into the official set. I should have claimed my set as official a long time ago before the plussery came out of nowhere to do it but I missed my chance.

You are yet another person who apparently doesn't know the intent of this thread either. This thread isn't for plussery nightly builds only. Its for several nightly builds so we can build off of each other to add to the official set. People wanted several sets like pre plussery and in fact, this thread was delay for about a week coming from the broom because we were waiting on Alopex to add his nightly builds code set as well.

People really need to realize the intent of this thread. I have no idea where the communication went wrong.
I buff everyone thank you very much. Falcon is not god in my set like you claim or overbuffed. You have been away for several months so maybe you don't know everything about the why's and how's about this thread to point fingers. I still make contributions to the plussery set

So cookiemonster, no strange momentum problems and things are working like I stated?
dear kupo, we are somewhat having an issue here.
you see, the majority of the WBR and I'm not gonna lie, isn't happy with the way it is currently going with you and this set. let me elaborate a bit on this.

the first thing is that we somewhat feel stolen.you seem to copy-paste a lot of values without actually looking into them or testing them. best example would be your reply to someone who asked why you mabe ike's Dair a spike. you said: "I didn't know, I didn't touch it." somewhat strange don't you think?

then there is the fact that you very much seem to disagree with what we do in the WBR, while you yourself are also a part of the WBR. in this post you say
but its there so that I can actually SHOW you my ideas because its clear to me that words enough don't cut it
this is not true. if you actually wanted something go into the official set, come to the IRC for once and talk about things, like even non-WBR members do. instead you put thing you want into your own set. if you wanted us to work together to get the best of both sets you know that this isn't the way.
the official set is not based around what all the members in the WBR want, it is based on what the project needs.

now the best way to go, we think is to get you set closer to the current official set, so we can actually work out how something would fit into both sets.
if we can't agree on how we go with your set we have a problem. you see, you are currently the only person that is allowed to have a set outside the official one, and if you claim that we should keep them exchanging ideas, but in the meantime you acually seem isolated (mookie quote) I honestly don't see why you have more right for a set than I do.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I would request a buff to PK freeze but I know Lucas is already a very good character and ANYONE WITH HALF A MIND would HEAVILY DISAGREE WITH me to no end :laugh:

;3

As soon as we conquer the usage of hitbox manipulation, we'll pretty much have nearly every tool avaliable. All we need is the ability to alter throws AND projectiles. x__x

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Though, is it possible to modify the b-stick and t-stick controls? As is commonly known, t-stick has an incredible number of weird glitches, like random jumping, etc. It'd be nice if we could fix that.

shanus

Smash Hero
Updating stuff now, new set will be online shortly.

Edit: online now, enjoy!

Ajyle

Smash Rookie
B-sticking makes you jump sometimes too, even when you aren't RARing
Yeah when I dash and C-stick in the opposite direction I get a jump everytime.
Updating stuff now, new set will be online shortly.
Edit: online now, enjoy!
Weee!!:)
Though, is it possible to modify the b-stick and t-stick controls? As is commonly known, t-stick has an incredible number of weird glitches, like random jumping, etc. It'd be nice if we could fix that.
What?! Elaborate please.

EDIT: I like what i see in the new build so far. The colored shields look awesome. Keep up the good work guys!

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Tilt, GHNeko. And yeah, b-sticking has a bunch of weird stuff too.

Edit: New build is awesome. Though, should I be sad that the part I'm most excited about is the inclusion of colored shields?

Ajyle

Smash Rookie
When lucario Extreme Speed and lands on the stage itself (not the ledge) was it intended that he is unable to use another Extreme Speed until he jumps or gets hit?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Grr at Shanus not giving TL YL's dsmash or some weird form of it.

Actually I really don't care since all of TL's dumb things (both good and bad) have now been fixed and the WBR love is basically back for the moment.

How high on the priority list is the camera codes being fixed? I'm addicted to that camera now. Wow I don't even know how I lived nearly a year without it. o_O

When lucario Extreme Speed and lands on the stage itself (not the ledge) was it intended that he is unable to use another Extreme Speed until he jumps or gets hit?
You have tap jump off? If so, that was a glitch in vBrawl too. It may get fixed sometime in the future, IDK. It's just a Brawl quirk atm, turn tap jump on I guess.

cman

Smash Ace
You have tap jump off? If so, that was a glitch in vBrawl too. It may get fixed sometime in the future, IDK. It's just a Brawl quirk atm, turn tap jump on I guess.
Tap jump off is really beneficial for him though. When recovering, you can choose to save his midair jump for after you use extreme speed, which is pretty hard or impossible with tap jump.

shanus

Smash Hero
Grr at Shanus not giving TL YL's dsmash or some weird form of it.

Actually I really don't care since all of TL's dumb things (both good and bad) have now been fixed and the WBR love is basically back for the moment.

How high on the priority list is the camera codes being fixed? I'm addicted to that camera now. Wow I don't even know how I lived nearly a year without it. o_O

Haha yeah, I couldnt give TL a good young link-esque downsmash cuz of sakurai making it a stupid unmodifiable set knockback. At least I fixed the old one though.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Is there any chance a brief explanation could be posted along with some of the changes? I see things like, for example,

Code:
-Fox utilt hitbox 1 Previous - 10 damage, 110 growth, 22 base, 110 angle, New - 7 damage, 135 growth, 47 base, 84 angle
-Fox utilt hitbox 2 Previous - 8 damage, 110 growth, 18 base, 84 angle, New - 7 damage, 135 growth, 47 base, 84 angle
-Fox utilt hitbox 3 Previous - 8 damage, 110 growth, 18 base, 80 angle, New - 7 damage, 137 growth, 47 base, 80 angle
and it is a bit confusing. I see that the damage has been taken down, but what is the net result of all the other changes supposed to be? I'm guessing that this is something simple like just nerfing the damage, and only adjusting the other values to keep the knockback and hitstun the same as before, but a hint would be nice. I (and likely a lot of other people) am only barely aware of what all the numbers actually do, and particularly I have no idea about how the numbers effect eachother.

So yeah, just a brief comment in the changes text like "Fox u-tilt damage nerfed, other values changed to keep other properties the same" would be awesome.

The new changes do look good though, as far as I can understand them. Slight Marth/Squirtle nerfs, Ivysaur recovery fix, and TL smash fixes were pretty much the exact things at the top of my desired changes list. I'm going to go pop in this set right now, keep up the good work WBR.

Ajyle

Smash Rookie
Actually I do have tap jump off. I didn't know this happened in vbrawl too but thats probably cause I almost never play as lucario.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Tap jump off is really beneficial for him though. When recovering, you can choose to save his midair jump for after you use extreme speed, which is pretty hard or impossible with tap jump.
Unfortunately, until there is a code for it. He's just going to have to grin and bare it. :/

Glitches like these never really affected lucario because there was no point of using extreme speed outside recovery.

He just has to learn to SH after every grounded Extreme speed.

How do you think the Mario+ mains feel when we cape someone at the ledge and we get that weird ledge glitch? That happens to me over 10 times a month.

shanus

Smash Hero
Is there any chance a brief explanation could be posted along with some of the changes? I see things like, for example,

Code:
-Fox utilt hitbox 1 Previous - 10 damage, 110 growth, 22 base, 110 angle, New - 7 damage, 135 growth, 47 base, 84 angle
-Fox utilt hitbox 2 Previous - 8 damage, 110 growth, 18 base, 84 angle, New - 7 damage, 135 growth, 47 base, 84 angle
-Fox utilt hitbox 3 Previous - 8 damage, 110 growth, 18 base, 80 angle, New - 7 damage, 137 growth, 47 base, 80 angle
and it is a bit confusing. I see that the damage has been taken down, but what is the net result of all the other changes supposed to be? I'm guessing that this is something simple like just nerfing the damage, and only adjusting the other values to keep the knockback and hitstun the same as before, but a hint would be nice. I (and likely a lot of other people) am only barely aware of what all the numbers actually do, and particularly I have no idea about how the numbers effect eachother.

So yeah, just a brief comment in the changes text like "Fox u-tilt damage nerfed, other values changed to keep other properties the same" would be awesome.

The new changes do look good though, as far as I can understand them. Slight Marth/Squirtle nerfs, Ivysaur recovery fix, and TL smash fixes were pretty much the exact things at the top of my desired changes list. I'm going to go pop in this set right now, keep up the good work WBR.
Pretty much nailed it on the head. Damage is intertwined with knockback growth and slightly with the base knockback. So generally if we nerf a moves damage, but want it to behave identically with how it did before, we boost up its KBG and add a little base and it acts identically to before.

kupo15

Smash Hero
So you want to add universal down grav, readjusted hitstun, increased running speeds and all that? Well that's great for fun stuff, but if your goal is to get it incorporated into the plussery set then why aren't you debating it? If you feel it has merit, you are a WBR member so you can post your findings and we can talk it out. From reading your stuff it seems that you haven't let this go because you feel it has merit, so why don't you bring the topic back up?
I thought I have debated about it before and no bite. I tried to explain that higher dgrav, increased run speeds will in turn produce a lower needed hitstun which will help out the games flow, pace, and be better for the game but no one wanted it for whatever reason. In fact, there is a lot of things I debated over and felt that my side had better arguments but it was decided not to be incorporated unless it was dumbed down. I am of course talking about no air dodging during tumble and fast fall during tumble. Maybe I will make a thread to discuss this but I doubt that universal gravity will be in seeing how I have had several debates but people don't want it just because. At least, that was the impression I got.
Really now? Your words don't cut it? Maybe there is a reason why they don't. Maybe it's because some of your ideas aren't quite as sound as you think they are. Hell, I JUST showed up, pushed for a reasonable Link buff, and it's going to come to fruition soon. It's not like it's hard to get the WBR to do something if you have good logic and reasoning to back up what you say.
See, the problem is this. I really dissect this game with a fine toothed comb and most of my scrutinizing is deemed "unnecessary" or "things are fine" even with a good argument. Yes things are "fine" but I want better but it seems like I am the only one who thinks this way. This is what I mean by me feeling as though my words are not enough.
Two things to say to this quote. One, Falcon doesn't really need that much in the ways of buffs. He's already a really good character. We haven't buffed him much because of that.
Seeing what I heard about BtL, I'm inclined to disagree.
It really doesn't take me that long to get caught up with stuff.
Then why didn't you know what this thread was about and the point of my set in this thread?
All in all, A LOT of the stuff you have in your set isn't even mentioned in the WBR or on IRC. It seems like you are staying relatively isolated from the rest of the group. If your goal was what you say it is, then why are you not actively discussing the changes you are making with us?
I believe most if not all of whats in my set was at one point in time discussed in the WBR. You most likely were not here to see it.
It seems to me that judging from your actions, your intentions are not to help the Plussery much at all. Do you not realize that it is shady behavior?
I do suggest ideas to help the plussery thread as my primary action. Any ideas rejected is what goes into my set.
dear kupo, we are somewhat having an issue here.
you see, the majority of the WBR and I'm not gonna lie, isn't happy with the way it is currently going with you and this set. let me elaborate a bit on this.
Yes I am quite aware. But then why was this thread even made with me allowed to have my set on post 2? You are unhappy for me to have a set that was "allowed?" It seems to me as though the true intention behind this thread was to pounce on those who actually did what the idea of the thread is supposed to do which really makes no sense to me.

the first thing is that we somewhat feel stolen.you seem to copy-paste a lot of values without actually looking into them or testing them. best example would be your reply to someone who asked why you mabe ike's Dair a spike. you said: "I didn't know, I didn't touch it." somewhat strange don't you think?
Yea. This should indicate that a lot of things at the base level I support of what the plussery is doing but there is more I think could be done with the set in which I have debated without luck.
this is not true. if you actually wanted something go into the official set, come to the IRC for once and talk about things, like even non-WBR members do.
I wasn't aware until recently how much discussion goes on in there over the broom which is the place I solely look for furthering development.
instead you put thing you want into your own set.
I only put things in my set once they are rejected by the broom.
the official set is not based around what all the members in the WBR want, it is based on what the project needs.
From the looks of it, it is based on what the majority wants over the project's needs. I felt that the Pro NADT did a great job with showing you why its needed but the "wants" of the majority is why it wasn't put in. The same thing goes with universal dgrav. I think I showed why universal is better and you have been experiencing the problems first hand with CGs on falcon in which the proposed solution is to make a new code or do some workaround to fix it leaving the core problem unaddressed based on wants?

This is actually my biggest issue with the project as it stands. I feel like I am arguing against personal "wants" instead of project "needs" which is why I am less inclined to debate when I have a good idea of what the outcome will be. That is how I'm seeing things
now the best way to go, we think is to get you set closer to the current official set, so we can actually work out how something would fit into both sets.
The main differences that my set focuses on are the pace of play and movement and also game mechanics that the plussery leaves out. Those are the most important things I want the plussery to include because as you can see, our frame and hitbox changes aren't too different from one another.
if we can't agree on how we go with your set we have a problem. you see, you are currently the only person that is allowed to have a set outside the official one,
So I am allowed this set to be public as is but people are upset with the fact I took up the offer? Wasn't Alopex also supposed to have one below me?
and if you claim that we should keep them exchanging ideas, but in the meantime you acually seem isolated (mookie quote) I honestly don't see why you have more right for a set than I do.
IIRC, the whole purpose of this thread was to exchange ideas and I may be isolated because it appears that no one is willing to even look this way. So what am I supposed to do? On the surface, my set's values seems to be quite radical but once adjusted, there really isn't anything bad. It has a nice flow and pace. Why wouldn't you want this?

BTW if you haven't noticed mookie, I'm not the same kupo you left 3 (?) months ago. I've picked up the ideals or similar direction you have fought for preplussery and was a fool not to see this way back when.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I'm also gonna be testing out this new set..

As for Mookie vs. Kupo I really suggest you guys take it to PM's (I do that a lot) it is definitely starting to cause clutter...or dare I say it? Let Kupo have the last word and just move on lol.

-Zelda UpB 1.75x reappearance wind-down (from 2x)

Can anyone tell me how many frames of vulnerability this is? Also I'd like to know how many frames of vulnerablity the original one had.

-Olimar Grab has 14 frames of endlag from 4 frames (.2857x
)
It's about f*cking time...

Everything else I'm neutral on..

shanus

Smash Hero
I thought I have debated about it before and no bite. I tried to explain that higher dgrav, increased run speeds will in turn produce a lower needed hitstun which will help out the games flow, pace, and be better for the game but no one wanted it for whatever reason. In fact, there is a lot of things I debated over and felt that my side had better arguments but it was decided not to be incorporated unless it was dumbed down. I am of course talking about no air dodging during tumble and fast fall during tumble. Maybe I will make a thread to discuss this but I doubt that universal gravity will be in seeing how I have had several debates but people don't want it just because. At least, that was the impression I got.
See, the problem is this. I really dissect this game with a fine toothed comb and most of my scrutinizing is deemed "unnecessary" or "things are fine" even with a good argument. Yes things are "fine" but I want better but it seems like I am the only one who thinks this way. This is what I mean by me feeling as though my words are not enough.
A fine tooth comb doesn't do too much to a video game disk :-(

Seeing what I heard about BtL, I'm inclined to disagree.Then why didn't you know what this thread was about and the point of my set in this thread?
What did you hear about falcon at BtL? I don't remember hearing that he was a bad character, and I was there! Also, AndyG and I did some pimp falcon playing.

I believe most if not all of whats in my set was at one point in time discussed in the WBR. You most likely were not here to see it.
No, you act almost solely on your own. For a while you participated occasionally (i.e. like 2 months ago), nowadays, zilch.

I do suggest ideas to help the plussery thread as my primary action. Any ideas rejected is what goes into my set.
See above.

Yes I am quite aware. But then why was this thread even made with me allowed to have my set on post 2? You are unhappy for me to have a set that was "allowed?" It seems to me as though the true intention behind this thread was to pounce on those who actually did what the idea of the thread is supposed to do which really makes no sense to me.
Because Almas has quite a softspot for you. After all, why do you think our BtL team name was Almas Loves Trouser Snakes? He's waiting on you to invite him to dinner. Show some gratitude!

Yea. This should indicate that a lot of things at the base level I support of what the plussery is doing but there is more I think could be done with the set in which I have debated without luck. I wasn't aware until recently how much discussion goes on in there over the broom which is the place I solely look for furthering development. I only put things in my set once they are rejected by the broom.

From the looks of it, it is based on what the majority wants over the project's needs. I felt that the Pro NADT did a great job with showing you why its needed but the "wants" of the majority is why it wasn't put in. The same thing goes with universal dgrav. I think I showed why universal is better and you have been experiencing the problems first hand with CGs on falcon in which the proposed solution is to make a new code or do some workaround to fix it leaving the core problem unaddressed based on wants? That is how I'm seeing things
I think the only majority decision we followed is the falco shine. Given that you also shamelessly use our hitbox and framespeed codes, I think your "majority" conspiracy theory is a bit hilarious.

The main differences that my set focuses on are the pace of play and movement and also game mechanics that the plussery leaves out. Those are the most important things I want the plussery to include because as you can see, our frame and hitbox changes aren't too different from one another.
Your welcome. I'm glad the fruits of our labor go towards your attempts to split up the B+ community. Seriously, you aren't helping at all. It's your set, you aren't advocating anything to anyone besides your own agenda like a broken record. For example, changes to lag after zairs (toon link & link mains really must love you for that one) and more are clearly unnecessary and far from required. Personal preference must be abandoned and the community voice cannot be ignored.

So I am allowed this set to be public as is but people are upset with the fact I took up the offer? Wasn't Alopex also supposed to have one below me?
Alopex is the man. However, I bribed him with a hot date over some poutine and he decided against it. (Actually I think we have almost all the changes he wanted in here anyway, I think he just has a few more frame speed changes)

IIRC, the whole purpose of this thread was to exchange ideas and I may be isolated because it appears that no one is willing to even look this way. So what am I supposed to do? On the surface, my set's values seems to be quite radical but once adjusted, there really isn't anything bad. It has a nice flow and pace. Why wouldn't you want this?
Not liking it is a pretty big reason for a lot of people. I played it and hated it. It attempts to play as a melee engine but comes short in all regards. Some aspects just don't translate, and high gravity just doesn't fly well in brawl.

Edit: Silven posted right above me while I wrote this and is right. we should take this to the BR or PMs.

@Silven
Also, just as a note, that is only for his standing grab. I need someone with a gecko to let me know the IDs for dashgrab and pivot grab so I can fix those too.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Aw, Olimar's boarked grab is brought down to earth :\

How much lag is this in comparison to other tethers?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
hey.. i got a lot of people who agreed falcon's entire dair should be a meteor smash but it wasn't implemented. is there any reason behind it? because the majority agreed

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Yeah, this really should go to PMs. It's not really contributing much. Though I have to say, none of kupo's suggested "changes" (no airdodge/ff in tumble) seem necessary and seem more like roadblocks he's putting in solely to make things harder on players.

As for the newest build, my favorite part is definitely the colored shields. Aside from that, I'm not sure I like fox's utilt change. It doesn't seem like the old one, and it doesn't combo as well anymore, especially factoring in the dair nerf.

shanus

Smash Hero
hey.. i got a lot of people who agreed falcon's entire dair should be a meteor smash but it wasn't implemented. is there any reason behind it? because the majority agreed
I'm fine with it too. Its hard to keep up with the entirety of the forums haha, especially when about to graduate.

Ark – I havent had too much time to test out the utilt, but when I did it didn't seem too be a problem. I'll test it out early next week. Lt me know.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I'm fine with it too. Its hard to keep up with the entirety of the forums haha, especially when about to graduate.

Ark – I havent had too much time to test out the utilt, but when I did it didn't seem too be a problem. I'll test it out early next week. Lt me know.
ah ok completely understandable. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom