• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Is anyone else getting a little trouble with the game freezing? It's become pretty common for my game to freeze after a game or two, usually right after the match ends.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Is anyone else getting a little trouble with the game freezing? It's become pretty common for my game to freeze after a game or two, usually right after the match ends.
Make sure you aren't holding any buttons while the game ends.
That causes freezes, and its something you just have to deal with :\

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Make sure you aren't holding any buttons while the game ends.
That causes freezes, and its something you just have to deal with :\
Really? Huh, that's interesting, didn't know that. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Is there a specific reason why this happens? Is it fixable?

Almas

Smash Lord
I believe it's caused by a bad pointer in the dash cancel code. It's probably fixable. But let's not discuss that here.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
So,The Dair dmg nerf on Fox Dair change the KB/Hitstun?
Or you guys readjust the KB of the move?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So,The Dair dmg nerf on Fox Dair change the KB/Hitstun?
Or you guys readjust the KB of the move?
All of the damage nerfs and changes to KB are so they do less damage while compensating for the fact that less damage gives less KB. The move still works the same in terms of KB while just doing less damage.

Supposed to balance out the characters without changing playstyle in any way.

bajisci

Smash Ace
seems like good balances imo, what was the reason for getting rid of the buff on lucarios counter? it made it slightly usable =/

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
seems like good balances imo, what was the reason for getting rid of the buff on lucarios counter? it made it slightly usable =/
Placebo'd.

The 'buff' really didnt change the move at all the way we wanted it to be changed.

B+ Changelist said:
-Lucario double team speed up removed as it wasn't effecting the desired section
u c thur

The Cape

Smash Master
We wanted the entry to be faster so that it would actually hit, but it only sped up the sidestep portion. Basically the move still wouldnt hit, and it made a decent stalling technique. It was therefore not a good choice.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I think these are all the changes to Ness:

Letting him move faster is great and what I wanted. I know others were suggesting this earlier. I still wish his running speed was faster. He moves like he did in melee w/o wd'ing and djc'ing, which is kinda slow still...

Even though I thought the d-tilt change was a nerf at first since I liked to cp delfino for wall locks and spikes, the d-tilt is now **** at edgeguarding certain characters since it's more of a semispike than it was before. So this was a very good way to remove something gay and add in something that helps the character at the same time.

Ness' bat making the homerun sound is awesome.

I like the changes you made to the d-smash except for the part that you sped up of the move. I was hoping you would speed up the middle part of the move, as it swings from side to side. I want it to work how it did in 64, so that the hitboxes that are farther out from Ness stay out longer than the one where it's swinging from side to side, since it's very unlikely for somebody to ever get hit by that part of the move. The shortening of ending lag made it easier to combo with, but my suggested change would make it easier to hit with this move in the first place. I would prefer Ness' u-tilt, running attack, or uair range increased rather than a buff to d-smash. You could just increase the horizontal range of u-tilt a little more so that way you don't even have to bother with the d-smash, which seems like it has a lot of random hitboxes that don't really do anything. Even with these buff, I would use u-smash over d-smash...

The dash attack is now a very good combo move. I wish it had the range it had in melee and not have little points for hitboxes but that's not really necessary.

The utilt buff is great, it lets him follow up after hitting with it much better now. A little more horizontal range and this move would be golden. The upper vertical range it has now is excellent, but if a person is on the ground, Ness has to be right next to them for it to hit.

The PKT1 changes were amazing. The reduced ending lag lets him use pkt1 to chase after people he knocked away without fear of being punished even if he hits them. It didn't really buff his recovery from vbrawl as much as people were expecting. This just doesn't let him get gimped like a ****** now. It still is hard to learn how to sweetspot the edge with him (impossible on some stages), but it definitely boosted his on stage game a lot. Do not increase the ending lag. There are other characters with better projectiles that have less startup time and do not leave them vulnerable while using them. It's a really unique move that's actually usable now. Don't change it at all. I could go into all the details about it's pros and cons, but I'm too lazy right now and I'm writing up something more informative next weekend probably. Just leave it as it is. I really could write a lot about how this changes his game, but in short, it's more of a buff to his onstage game and edgeguarding rather than his recovery, but w/e.

My suggestions are:

scrap fixing d-smash and buff u-tilt range
Faster running speed/aerial movement.

~if you increase ending lag of pkt1 definitely buff the range of u-tilt and running attack.

Edit: if you could make Kirby's throws kirbycide that would be awesome.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Just for the lolz, srsly. It's the only reason I really played Kirby in melee at all was to Kirbycide. I'm not talking about actual competitive play, I thought it was pretty obvious srry.

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
So, now that hitboxes are changeable, what do you guys think of possibly increasing Link's shield hitbox (the one in his hand) so it actually makes a difference in play? I think that would give him a very, very unique aspect no other characters have by being mostly impervious to projectiles from the front.

However, I don't think Toon Link should get it as he's already a speedy little speck on the screen. XP

Anyway, it's just an idea. What do you think? Yes, no, maybe?

Arkaether

Smash Ace
No. It's extremely situational and mostly worthless, considering that it never really comes into effect unless you're standing still, at which point it's more than easy enough to just shield/sidestep/jump/avoid.

D

Deleted member

we can't edit hurtboxes people

just HITboxes, you know stuff that hurts

Kief

Smash Ace
Well if you can change hitboxes, taking out snake's aura hitbox on his utilt would be cool, considering he shouldnt have 'aura'.

Good build though. A lot of good changes were made in this one. Now about removing Falco's shine change.... >_>
<________<

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well if you can change hitboxes, taking out snake's aura hitbox on his utilt would be cool, considering he shouldnt have 'aura'.

Good build though. A lot of good changes were made in this one. Now about removing Falco's shine change.... >_>
<________<
The shine change really isnt that bad. :/
It's DIable and techable.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
is it possible to make tethers attach to walls? :o
also samus plays really well in melee..i know "this isn't melee" but taking some aspects of her from melee would help her overall. (please dont bash this statement too hard because i havent tried samus in b+)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I wouldn't mind seeing Samus's nair KB buffed a little. But she's more or less fine how she is now. Not top tier material but solid nonetheless.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
is it possible to make tethers attach to walls? :o
also samus plays really well in melee..i know "this isn't melee" but taking some aspects of her from melee would help her overall. (please dont bash this statement too hard because i havent tried samus in b+)
We'd have to change allloootttttt. I dont even think its possible in the slightest.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Crouch Cancelling was a huge asset to Samus in Melee, something we can't (and won't) add to B+. Z-air replaces SH missile spam. Overall she is different, but still plays very well. I do agree with a N-air KB increase, but we are discussing increasing the power of all sex kicks.

The Cape

Smash Master
Her nair already got a power boost and actually hits really solidly on the initial hit.

Her playstyle (in my opinion) is more solid in Brawl+ than it was in Melee and I am very pleased with the differences. If we can give her bomb jump or bombs exploding on impact she will be perfect.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Her nair already got a power boost and actually hits really solidly on the initial hit.

Her playstyle (in my opinion) is more solid in Brawl+ than it was in Melee and I am very pleased with the differences. If we can give her bomb jump or bombs exploding on impact she will be perfect.
what about cancelling the "curl up into a ball"(when she uses her down b) animation with an attack/action, is that possible?

The Cape

Smash Master
I was thinking of cancelling the bounce animation with a jump or regular fall or something and see what happens with that.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
increasing the power of all sex kicks.
Weegee is standing right behind you.

Seriously though, Samus is good already. It gets tough if someone gets close to you, but you can keep them away so well, and combo easily into a charge shot, or finish with a d tilt/smash. I agree with the nair buff, though, right now it isn't much of a killer. It would be nice if she had a fairly reliable finisher in the air.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Weegee is standing right behind you.

Seriously though, Samus is good already. It gets tough if someone gets close to you, but you can keep them away so well, and combo easily into a charge shot, or finish with a d tilt/smash. I agree with the nair buff, though, right now it isn't much of a killer. It would be nice if she had a fairly reliable finisher in the air.
sorry but no, samus needs more combo material. her play style for me right now is mostly spamming and keeping my opponent away. i think she needs a better dsmash..that or throws..which can't be modified(yet)

D

Deleted member

Samus is just way too slow.

Her power missile animation should be sped up.

Her down smash should be sped up.

She should also fall a bit faster.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Samus is just way too slow.

Her power missile animation should be sped up.

Her down smash should be sped up.

She should also fall a bit faster.
I agree about Fall speed a bit,and Dsmash.
Her missles....well,her Super Missle is already a bit strong :psycho:

D

Deleted member

I'm not saying make her missiles stronger... just make them come out faster. I'd love to be able to platform-fall to missile without one of those silly missile-teases where it looks like it's coming out but it's not.

I don't have data bro. This is just empirical Delorted1 talking.

She's just slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom