• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doval

Smash Lord
Well, negative speed would imply undoing the changes to the new build rather than adding them.

Don't test him. He'll do it.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
shanus, cape, and other miscellaneous wbr members, please do not rush the nightly. there's no reason to push an unfinished product out the door because a few people on here don't have anything better to do. take your time.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
What exactly was the reasoning for Falco utilt cancel exactly?

I've no reason to see a rushed build or anything soon. After beating Earthbound I want to focus on more important things for a while.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
shanus, cape, and other miscellaneous wbr members, please do not rush the nightly. there's no reason to push an unfinished product out the door because a few people on here don't have anything better to do. take your time.
this guy gets the most tail feather in this thread.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
What exactly was the reasoning for Falco utilt cancel exactly?
Well we sped it up before so that you could use aerial follow-ups from it, and not just utiltx3 or w/e. However that also increased its Windmill of Fury properties.

We removed speed up and allowed Falco to JC it instead. This retains the purpose of the buff while removing unwanted side-effects.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
The last time they rushed a build out it didn't turn out well at all. And that was just a nightly, this one's gonna be an all out official release. I really doubt they're at all considering rushing it out just for a few whiners.

+1 "I can wait, take your time and polish that *****"

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
Well we sped it up before so that you could use aerial follow-ups from it, and not just utiltx3 or w/e. However that also increased its Windmill of Fury properties.

We removed speed up and allowed Falco to JC it instead. This retains the purpose of the buff while removing unwanted side-effects.
Jump cancel after frame 22 though, correct?

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this thread is moving fast this week, lol.

Well Ike has the sideB attack that allows him to move afterwards (jump or upB are best).

As for his on stage game, he has a retooled F tilt that comes out and windsdown a bit faster with a bit less KB on it and his D tilt cools down faster. That makes both moves very useful and I actually find myself using F tilt a good deal more.

U throw also has a sooner IASA which can lead to frame perfect U throw to uair on a decent amount of the cast, or can lead Ike to do U throw to an AD chase :-p
In terms of throw buffs, I was hoping for a lowered trajectory + set KB on bthrow to allow techchases (kinda like DDD's dthrow but backwards), as it is something that requires some thought to make use of instead of just adding in a new straight-up combo. And it would also let him bthrow opponents off the edge at a nice angle. He could potentially techchase with bair, ftilt, dair, or side-B, depending on where the opponent goes. This idea plays into his pre-existing strengths (edgeguarding and punishing predictability) quite well IMO. Although it's all theory; I'm using Linux and can't use PSA to test it out myself.

The ftilt changes and dtilt buff sound really solid though, and I was actually going to suggest something along those lines also.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
The last time they rushed a build out it didn't turn out well at all. And that was just a nightly, this one's gonna be an all out official release. I really doubt they're at all considering rushing it out just for a few whiners.

+1 "I can wait, take your time and polish that *****"
Most people fail to realize that this Saturday will be the debut of the new set in probably one of the biggest B+ tournaments to date (we're talking a huge turnout, best pool of talent outside of events like Apex/SNES/ect. and I'd argue bigger than that even, OoSers from multiple states ect.), and for that it needs to be up by Saturday. I would really enjoy it if I got a bit of playtime to practice with it first, especially since Falco is undergoing some fairly drastic changes.

That being said, I have faith that the WBR will get it done in a timely matter and in very good quality for the tournament (especially since JCaes can just badger them about it :p). I'm sure the WBR already knows about this situation though and is trying their best to get it out before then without sacrificing quality.

+0 to either side, cause I can just spam Icecar in the meantime and pretend it's Phantasm.

shanus

Smash Hero
Well, its not really rushing a set since well, we have been working on it for a while. Its more just making sure out final changes are in place well for the characters we put off to the end of it.

Its close, we aren't rushing, and its awesome.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
GAH, I CAN'T TAKE THE HYPE.

Well, yes I can. But I am exited for the new official build (really the first REAL official build, since the others were just nightly build with a different name).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
You mean excited, not exited.

And is dedede getting any tweaks? He's like my new main.

...the sad part is, I only picked him up because my favorite animal is a penguin (NO HE IS NOT AN EAGLE)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
In some japanese game booklet for one of the Kirby games, there was a typo saying that Dedede was an eagle.

That or it was just ****tily translated.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Most people fail to realize that this Saturday will be the debut of the new set in probably one of the biggest B+ tournaments to date (we're talking a huge turnout, best pool of talent outside of events like Apex/SNES/ect. and I'd argue bigger than that even, OoSers from multiple states ect.), and for that it needs to be up by Saturday. I would really enjoy it if I got a bit of playtime to practice with it first, especially since Falco is undergoing some fairly drastic changes.

That being said, I have faith that the WBR will get it done in a timely matter and in very good quality for the tournament (especially since JCaes can just badger them about it :p). I'm sure the WBR already knows about this situation though and is trying their best to get it out before then without sacrificing quality.

+0 to either side, cause I can just spam Icecar in the meantime and pretend it's Phantasm.
I'm not saying take until next month either :chuckle: Just enough so that the "disaster" of the 8/13 build doesn't happen again.

Well, its not really rushing a set since well, we have been working on it for a while. Its more just making sure out final changes are in place well for the characters we put off to the end of it.

Its close, we aren't rushing, and its awesome.
Captain Falcon: HYES! GET HYPE! FALCON KICK!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
**** you guys for spamming about not being able to wait for the next set.

Now we'll have to wait until two weeks from now.

(Is assuming that leafgreen was serious)

Doval

Smash Lord
**** You Guys For Saying Omg When Will The Next Nightly Be Blah Blah Blah.
omg when u said 2 weeks do u mean LIKE IN EXACTLY 14 DAYS or do you mean AT ANY POINT IN THE WEEK AFTER THE ONE AFTER THIS ONE??? blah blah blah

P.S. Who wants to break out a "Why so serious" macro?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I meant like the sunday after this sunday. which would actually be like a week and a half, but w/e.

Although I guess I'm at fault for spamming my impatience too. @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom