• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
@_@

and maybe a way to make the reverse hit fair crown more useful is to make another hitbox just a tiny bit farther backwards? Not as crazy as nightly 5.0 knee, but...yeah... :|

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
That's intended. >.>

but wait, does MK's down throw really only do 1%? that's what the changelist says.
maybe 1% per kick?

And does anyone have a .gct with the new build and the Disable Custom Stages code? It would be appreciated. I don't have access to any program at the moment, don't ask why, it will take forever.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
That's intended. >.>

but wait, does MK's down throw really only do 1%? that's what the changelist says.
ok, I was just wondering why they were going everywhich direction when I did the throw. at least it makes it more interesting.

also, yoshi with DJC is really fun, I highly suggest playing him lol

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
ok, I was just wondering why they were going everywhich direction when I did the throw. at least it makes it more interesting.

also, yoshi with DJC is really fun, I highly suggest playing him lol
Thats exactly what I want to do, but I need the .gct that I mentioned earlier.

I mained Yoshi. In all games lol, I can't wait to try this out.

Revven

FrankerZ
The Dthrow sends at 120º angle to stop any follow-ups w/DI + has the higher KB shanus gave it before. Dthrow was proven to be too powerful for techchases and so forth + offstage crap so, it sends backwards now. Depending on how you DI, you will either appear at 135º, 120º, or around in that general area. They shouldn't be popping in front of you anymore. So if your opponent is DI'ing it in a weird way and as long as it avoids any follow-ups, it's working as intended.

As a side note, when yoshi DR's he floats across the ground indefinitely in his Normal Fall state.

With super armour

also he can float over the air from the gruond
We know, shanus knows how to fix it but, he hasn't done it yet.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
It's really only a few people, but again, people really need to stop asking for changes this early.

Reporting bugs is one thing, but about buffs and nerfs this early... really?

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
The Dthrow sends at 120º angle to stop any follow-ups w/DI + has the higher KB shanus gave it before. Dthrow was proven to be too powerful for techchases and so forth + offstage crap so, it sends backwards now. Depending on how you DI, you will either appear at 135º, 120º, or around in that general area. They shouldn't be popping in front of you anymore. So if your opponent is DI'ing it in a weird way and as long as it avoids any follow-ups, it's working as intended.
oh, well, I can still follow up if I react quick enough to the DI, but the combo I get off of it is no more than like, uair to up b.

also, why does DDD's fsmash have that HUGE tripping hitbox when it hits the ground?

I don't have a problem with the trip, or the 5% that it causes, but you HAVE to shorten the range on that ****. you can trip them like, a full FD distance away, and if you are on a platform, and they are on another of equal height, they still trip.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
also, why does DDD's fsmash have that HUGE tripping hitbox when it hits the ground?

I don't have a problem with the trip, or the 5% that it causes, but you HAVE to shorten the range on that ****. you can trip them like, a full FD distance away, and if you are on a platform, and they are on another of equal height, they still trip.
I don't own a wii but I play b+ @ smashfest with ppl when I do, and I hope this is sarcasm lol

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yoshi DJC sounds like a nice thing but... It really isn't for me. I can't do anything worthwhile with it. Maybe a bit of uair spasming, but that's about it. Bair DJC doesn't do anything worth doing tbh for me anyways. How is it supposed to be used?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh, well, I can still follow up if I react quick enough to the DI, but the combo I get off of it is no more than like, uair to up b.

Jump button.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The range is pretty much half the length of FD in all directions; the hitbox covers a little more than the size of FD when you hit right in the middle.
And actually, you don't have to be of equal height to hit them. They just have to on the ground within the giant earthquake hitbox. Now, I'm not sure if that hitbox is a perfect circle or an ellipse; any WBRoomers who knows that care to enlighten me on this? (And if it's an ellipse, how far is the vertical range?)

SonicChrono

Smash Cadet
A little help....I tried to store GeckoOS to the root of my 2GB SD card but HBC4.1 wouldn't make it appear. I just want to run this new build.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Jump button.
no **** sherlock, but its still TOO big because V

The range is pretty much half the length of FD in all directions; the hitbox covers a little more than the size of FD when you hit right in the middle.
And actually, you don't have to be of equal height to hit them. They just have to on the ground within the giant earthquake hitbox. Now, I'm not sure if that hitbox is a perfect circle or an ellipse; any WBRoomers who knows that care to enlighten me on this? (And if it's an ellipse, how far is the vertical range?)
I just tested what you said, I think its dumb that its even on platforms above DDD lol. I can't tell if its a circle or not, but it SEEMS to go further horizontally than vertically, making it an ellipse. I still think its a little too big. maybe if its like, a character (DDD) distance away on both sides it would be better.

dthrow to whiffed fsmash is the dumbest tech chase ever, but its hilarious at the same time

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
iunno, I think the fact that it can work on platforms is the glue that makes fsmash you know...work.

If it only worked on the ground, the usage of fsmash would just be killed except on stages like FD and Wifi Room.

I dont think it's too big because it's telegraphed a mile away and can really only be used when you force your opponent into it and doesnt know how to jump or shield (shielding blocks the trip) or spot dodge or even counter. That or they're DACUS happy.

That's just me. <_<

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Once people get used to it. I seriously doubt blindly tossing it out will grant you much.

And decent players will start getting used to it in like...idk...1 day ago?

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
yeah, the only really good use I have for it is the dthrow to fsmash thing. it doesn't change the fact that I still think its stupid

timothyung

Smash Ace
What? The quake hammer is so slow any one with eyes can see it coming and perfect guard shield, jump, or dodge it. Its fire rate is too slow, every single character can get around it unless they fall into DDD's trap.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i don't know. being able to trip people on a platform above you seems a little broken. doesn't matter if the move can be telegraphed, thats pretty ridiculous. i can see D3 in teams matches being broken as ****. maybe a decrease in range is warranted. leave the stats alone, but just decrease the range slightly. half of FD is just too freakin big for any attack to be able to hit.

timothyung

Smash Ace
BTW someone already made the Japanese port, will take some time to get onto the wiki, though.
And it doesn't have v2.1 of ZSS/Zelda/Sheik fix

And people, don't forget that the quake hammer can only hit things on the ground. And 5% only. Why are you complaining?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
NO. He must realize his opinion is wrong! Gosh!

Seriously though. Awesome hammer is awesome.

Speaking of hammers - In the first Brawl trailer, Kirby uses his old Melee one. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The point is, if you can't see the Fsmash coming from a mile away, something is wrong with you, not the move.

Like any other major change to a move in the game, once the initial shock factor wears off, you'll realize how easy it is to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom