• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Project Hub: OP updated 4/28 w/expansion pack and why it is necessary

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
just as an aside, i have been working on 75m, but my fix, while functional, is not ideal. i've restriced everythign to the top "DK" platforms, but this leads to more issues. if left as-is, the springs have too high a knockback to make playing there viable. on a similar note, removing them only leads to a walk off. to make matters worse, every platform is read as the same polygon, so even if i resized it so the platform is smaller (horizontally) the platforms would shrink by a large margin as well.

now, a solution i've been toying with is extending the camera/blast zone to the left so as to make it another ledge, however, this leaves us with a odd layout (long stretch of stage with 2 platforms on the right). i can make a quick mock up if anybody'd like to test, but my fear is that it would be too similar to FD and/or promote heavy camping. at the very least if you would still like it fixed we could make it a doubles stage (frozen, of course).

also, on a graphical note, the platforms under the stage can not be removed (as far as i can tell) due to the fact that every platform is connected.

edit: went ahead and made it anyway. here's the pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nvwmdwu2byy

and here's a level freezer code (i could remove the springs/DK, but then the music would still reset every once in a while. with the code you at least get to keep DK in the background with the music running):
Code:
Level Freezer[Phantom Wings/Almas, 9 Lines]
42000000 90000000
0416A904 00000000
2A180F3A 00000017
0416A904 3F000000
2A180F3A 00000005
0416A904 3F2AAAAB
2A180F3A 00000024
0416A904 BF800000
2A180F3A 00000014
2A180F3A 0000001C
2A180F3A 00000020
2A180F3A 00000007
2A180F3A 0000001F
0416A904 3FD99999
2A180F3A 00000031
0416A904 3F800000
E0000000 80008000

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yes. also, the background is at a different location in the final version (top of the waterfall). i still have to fix PT's standing points as well.

shanus

Smash Hero
That stone block in the background that DK is falling into is always going to screw with me into thinking its a platform.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
What other hacked stages to people think are worth including?
Stages I played and thought were nice improvements:
Picto Chat+
Jungle Japes+
Distant Island+
Luigi's Mansion+
Port Town Aero Drive+ (I would still prefer weak cars if possible, but this is still muuuch better)

I haven't tried every stage, but Rumble Falls+ looks legit too.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Distant Planet+ you mean? I tried that one. It was pretty meh. I really don't like the bouncy floor.

The ice stage+, NPC+, and GHZ+ were also pretty meh. NPC+ LM+ is pretty legit though, and PTAD+.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
distant planet+ is, indeed iffy. i've been meaning to make summit+ shorter, so that may fix some of the meh.

i agree that NPC+ and GHZ+ are very odd to play on.

pictoplus is sex.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Speaking of stages, Dantarion, may you please document how to change the timer values for Luigi's Mansion's Respawn Timer in MiscData[20]?

If you guys don't know, Dant is a pretty cool guy imho: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_zjqn-LuNg

With this we can change the respawn rate without slowing down the stage...and leading to the odd destruction animation (as well as you know...kinda weird that you can't stay on the top floor when it's still intact for 2-3 full seconds...imo).

So...

1. Get LM+ .pac
2. Set MiscData[20] value that controls re-spawn time to frame equivalent of 1:30 minutes (5400 frames): BBrawl mirror IIRC
3. Get rid of speed modifier in Level Freezer code for LM
4. ???
5. Profit?!

at least...imo...if possible. obv :048:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The walls were destroyed after one hit, so that makes me wonder if you can set how much "health" the walls have. Is that a possibility or is it an all or nothing type of thing?

I think Luigi's Mansion would be an incredible stage with the current LM+ fixes, weaker walls, and potentially little bit slower respawn as well.

I did like the idea of being able to destroy the mansion to fight on flat ground for a minute or whatever it was, but the stage was wonky with the hard coded slowdown. That, and you had to go well out of your way to destroy the walls in the first place which made the stage even more campy. You either had characters like Olimar camping the mansion, or *insert other character here* camping the mansion so they could actually destroy it.

Slowing it back down again isn't totally necessary, as the stage is already nice without the ceilings, but I would love it if it took a lot less time to break the mansion in the first place.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm pretty sure MiscData[20] controls HP too, depending on how they programmed LM (only Dant knows this for sure), the HP variable applies itself amongst each pillar equally then the game keeps track of each pillar's individual HP deductions, or they each have their own HP variable and individual deductions come from that.

It might even be cool to make the platforms stay in their original positions after the mansion falls down so you can have Deadlands for however long after you destroy the mansion!

Maybe I'll go to the mo-no...maybe the moon one day may come to me! :012:

Dantarion I hope you namesearch and/or visit the WBR often. <_<

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Certainly much better than it is now (plus it would make more sense with how it looks). Is there any way to make the slippery part a bit less slippery? Right now you can cross the stage back and forth just by charging fsmashes and it's kinda silly.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm not sure. i believe it was looked at determined that sliding is a constant that had to be edited in the character pacs... i'll look in a little while, though.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Summit+ v2.0

Classification: Counterpick
Download

Changes:
~Smaller stage size
~Plats no longer slippery
~Closer top boundary/camera​

boom. get at me. smaller size and plats no longer slippery. plus, lower top boundary.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I know this may seem cold but a slippery main platform is a major turn-off.

As cool as it is to attempt at making The Summit playable, I think the stage is still largely frozen in place in regards to its legality. Call my heart frigid if you will, but Ice don't see it any other way.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
a slippery main platform encourages platform play, but still allows the ability to abuse the sliding (ike <3) should the player desire it. its a fine CP, even with the icy surfaces. its a stage that favors characters that can abuse platforms as well as slow characters that can abuse the ice to boots their mobility.

finally, viet, you should be ashamed of yourself for what you did in that post.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I think the slippery main platform is a cool idea and maybe you just need to cool out when it comes to having non-gimmicky stages. This may seem like I'm being bitter towards you, but I'm not. It's an icy stage with a glacial gimmick that is quite crisp and refreshing, and considering we might add Rumble Falls+ which isn't as arctic as Summit+, we don't need both stages to be identical. So take a chill pill and go ride an ice car to Wendy's and pick up a frosty.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Neko you cheated since you got a free set-up to even have that post make sense. <_<

Also I'm in love with RF+ but I've noticed the water looked awfully jaggly at times? Background issues aside the stage is amazing if not for the epic face it makes. ;)

Also the ledges are slightly slanted or something but you can look like you waveland to Dancing Blade or Sheik Ftilt or Sonic winning in a rather tight window.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Hate to bring the ice age puns to an end, but can we move the ice pun contest to the WBR social? :p

Anyway, I'm gonna beta test Summit+ tonight and offer my feedback as well xD

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
k. just note that i have since edited spawns/ the bottom platform to be farther apart. also, i'm looking into hexing the center part closed and removing the stage's former rock/ice polygon.

Top Bottom