• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Texturizer - The easiest way to change textures and portraits!

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
New version!! It can change the portrait pictures in the character selection screen (thanks, Kryal).
Tell me if it works for you.

And tell me if you get it in English and Spanish (the program is localized itself). Go to the download page and download the 1.4 version.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the absence of support these days, but I don't get notifications from Smash Boards! There might be a problem with my e-mail (it's @superjmn.com).

I hope you will get English now.

WARNING: I have changed the SSBBT format to fit the new portrait pictures feature. Import your project for the SD Card instead of loading a previous project and it should work.

You must be aware of the possible errors of this version. You would have strange problems since it hasn't been tested enough. However, I need your feedback to make it work properly.

In the next days there will be some changes. Stay tuned!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
So lemme get this straight...
I make a back up of my "fighter" folder anywhere on the computer. Then, I export the file thing. Do I have to manually reinsert every texture back into the "fighter" folder on the SD card through the Texturizer?
Will this get rid of PSA's or just regular textures? What about FS textures and effects?

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
So lemme get this straight...
I make a back up of my "fighter" folder anywhere on the computer. Then, I export the file thing. Do I have to manually reinsert every texture back into the "fighter" folder on the SD card through the Texturizer?
Will this get rid of PSA's or just regular textures? What about FS textures and effects?
I will try to explain exactly what my program does:

When you open my program, you will see every character and their outfits (costumes). Then, you can change the textures that are loaded with each one, along with the portrait picture you will see in the character selection screen. When you have made the changes to your likings, you can export the project to either your SD Card, or any folder in your system. When you do this, the required folder structure is created for the files, so you can load them. In any moment you can save your current project without exporting it using the "Save project..." option. This allows you to create a file that will contain the whole project in a single file that you can share with anybody. In the future this could be great, because somebody could release packs for everybody to download.

The files that this program modifies are:
- common5.pac (you need to have a valid copy of this file)
- fitXY.pcs/.pac (the textures in the folder of each character)

They will be overwritten if you previously have them in your SD, so be careful.

If you have any other question or I haven't answered you clearly enough, feel free to write me back :)

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
People, before you download the new version you should know that you will need a file before exporting any project: it's common5.pac (common5_en.pac). I think it's illegal to distribute it, and I cannot integrate it in my app. In order to export the portraits, you will need a copy of this file in a folder named "RequiredFiles\common5.pac". So it has to remain like this:

"c:\program files\superjmn\brawl texturizer\RequiredFiles\common5.pac"

If I am wrong and the distribution of this file is not prohibited, please, let me know and I will integrate it with my application.

In the next version I will make it easier to select the file. Now it assumes it's in there :( Sorry for not having warned you about this.

I have to go to bed and I don't have many time to fix it now.
See you tomorrow!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
hello there.. i have a kinda offtopic question, but i think that it shall be esay to answer for the people visiting this thread.

does Brawl support 1024x1024 pixels size textures? does any character have one of their texture files of that size? if not how much pixels is the size of the different textures files? (the bigger ones)

thank you very match if someone asnwers this question :)

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
I won't have to worry about missing stage textures and PSA's, right?
Stage textures-> no worries
PSA-> This app just modies fitCharacterXX.pcs/pac and common5.pac. Make a backup, should there be a disaster! :)

By the way, is somebody testing my latest version? Did you find any problems?

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
New version with some IMPORTANT fixes! It's recommendable that you update!

It now prompts for a common5.pac to export portraits.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Isnt this like the same as brawlscape?
It's similar, but not the same. Texturizer is built to make the changes quickly and it's able to pack the projects individually to backup them.

Its main focus is textures (and portraits). I think it's useful for it. Just give it a try and tell me what you think.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Why does the latest update require .net Framework v4.0, which isn't released yet?
Whoops! My fault! I was doing some tests, and forgot to revert the project! Sorry! I will update the setup file right now.

The new setup file is online (.NET 3.5)
Thanks for the info!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
There's a problem with the latest version. When I clicked "Import from SD Card," it gave me an error and froze.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I also can't Double-Click on any costume, or it gives me an error and nothing happens.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
I also can't Double-Click on any costume, or it gives me an error and nothing happens.
Wooh!! hold on! I'm working on it! it happend due to the change from .NET Framework 4.0 to 3.5!

I will notify you all when the change is done. I'm very sorry for this, but you're the only testers I have nowadays.

I will be back in 30 min.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Wooh!! hold on! I'm working on it! it happend due to the change from .NET Framework 4.0 to 3.5!

I will notify you all when the change is done. I'm very sorry for this, but you're the only testers I have nowadays.

I will be back in 30 min.
Okay, that's what I thought the problem was.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Fixed! Phew, this was a bad-*** issue, boys.

The entire layout was missing due to the revert back from 4.0 to 3.5 (how dare I!)

As a note for @STUFF2o:
There's a problem with the latest version. When I clicked "Import from SD Card," it gave me an error and froze.
You must be sure that you exported the data before you can import it. If you have a naked file structure, it won't work, because the import operation needs some metadata (in form of XML files) that Texturizer writes with each export in order to recognize it for later use.

So: create a project and export it. Then, you should be able to import it back. But if you want to continue your work (your project) you should use the "Save project..." option.

I hope it works now!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Fixed! Phew, this was a bad-*** issue, boys.

The entire layout was missing due to the revert back from 4.0 to 3.5 (how dare I!)

As a note for @STUFF2o:

You must be sure that you exported the data before you can import it. If you have a naked file structure, it won't work, because the import operation needs some metadata (in form of XML files) that Texturizer writes with each export in order to recognize it for later use.

So: create a project and export it. Then, you should be able to import it back. But if you want to continue your work (your project) you should use the "Save project..." option.

I hope it works now!
Thanks. I'm liking this more than BrawlScape (at least in theory). I haven't gotten either to work (yet), but I don't want to spend a whole day downloading an ISO just to get BrawlScape to work.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Thanks. I'm liking this more than BrawlScape (at least in theory). I haven't gotten either to work (yet), but I don't want to spend a whole day downloading an ISO just to get BrawlScape to work.
More like a month, seriuosly... I've been downloading it for the past weekend until today and I only have 1/4 of it...

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
----- WARNING ------
People, before you download the new version you should know that you will need a file before exporting CSPs (character screen portraits): it's common5.pac (common5_en.pac). I think it's illegal to distribute it, and I cannot integrate it in my app. In order to export the portraits, you will need a copy of this file. You will have to specify its path for it to export CSPs.
-------------------
Regarding the Common5.pac, how would one get it? If a link can not be provided what general size should it be around if I look for it with google or something?

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Wait, where do I put common5.pac?
You will be prompted to select it when you select "Export". Do you have this file? If not, contact me via PM.

Anyways, you do only need to specify this file if you want custom portraits (CSPs)

Have you already tried the application? I have just fixed a lot of things before going to bed and now I think it's a lot more stable.

Please, update if you downloaded the setup file before 1:30 (UTC) (6 minutes ago).

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Nevermind, I got it all done. Right now, I'm really liking it. I haven't actually tried it in-game yet, but I think it'll work fine. Btw, do the CSP's have to be indexed? I've already indexed them just to be sure. I just exported it.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Btw, if I import from the SD card, what does that do? Does it take all the textures I already had and make it into a Texturizer file? I hope it does.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Some questions answered

Do the CSP's have to be indexed? I've already indexed them just to be sure. I just exported it.
No :) the only requirement is that they are 160x128 pixels in size. You can however decrease the number of colors to improve the result. The color quantization algorithm is not the best (for the moment), but it does a good job most of times.

If I import from the SD card, what does that do? Does it take all the textures I already had and make it into a Texturizer file? I hope it does
No, it won't. If you try to import a filesystem that is not created by Brawl Texturizer, it will refuse to import. This is because it needs some information that is not present in a raw file structure. You will only be able to import structures that are created by the app itself. This will change soon.

Regarding the Common5.pac, how would one get it? If a link can not be provided what general size should it be around if I look for it with google or something?
You can get it here. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uroyzcyjoz2
Brawl Texturizer will ask for it when you export the project.

Tell me if your project works in-game! that's the really important thing about this :D
Thanks to everyone helping me test this application. You're wonderful!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
No :) the only requirement is that they are 160x128 pixels in size. You can however decrease the number of colors to improve the result. The color quantization algorithm is not the best (for the moment), but it does a good job most of times.

No, it won't. If you try to import a filesystem that is not created by Brawl Texturizer, it will refuse to import. This is because it needs some information that is not present in a raw file structure. You will only be able to import structures that are created by the app itself. This will change soon.

You can get it here. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uroyzcyjoz2
Brawl Texturizer will ask for it when you export the project.

Tell me if your project works in-game! that's the really important thing about this :D
Thanks to everyone helping me test this application. You're wonderful!
O RLY? The next version will be able to import non-app-made structures? Oh goody, old bean.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
So, if I actually used an indexed CSP, would that be bad?
I think it will load if it's a supported image. If Texturizer shows the picture, no matter what format you load, it will treat it the same way. Use PNGs with transparency, since it will report you the best results :)

I tested it using PNGs and it works OK.

Don't hesitate to notify me if you experience any issue.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I think it will load if it's a supported image. If Texturizer shows the picture, no matter what format you load, it will treat it the same way. Use PNGs with transparency, since it will report you the best results :)

I tested it using PNGs and it works OK.

Don't hesitate to notify me if you experience any issue.
Sweet. I've been thinking, if I got my backup Fighter folder, and put it back on the SD card, but kept the .xml files that the Texturizer made, would I be able to import all those textures into a .SSBBT?

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
How does loading a custom portrait work? do i have to make it myself or something?

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Sweet. I've been thinking, if I got my backup Fighter folder, and put it back on the SD card, but kept the .xml files that the Texturizer made, would I be able to import all those textures into a .SSBBT?
Yes! You should be able to save a .SSBBT file with your current textures (if you keep the XML files with each character). First you have to import from your location (SD Card, in your case), and later you have to choose Save project...

The SSBBT file contains everything packed inside, so as you don't have to mess with folders. You can also load them using Windows Explorer. Just double click the file, and it will open.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
How does loading a custom portrait work? do i have to make it myself or something?
Well, it's easy: double click any costume and you will see a rectangle with a button below that says "Browse...". Click it and you will be prompted to select an image. Then you will have to select any image that is 128x160 pixels (the size that they use). I recommend you to use PNGs files that uses transparency inherently.

Somebody tell me if TGAs work with transparency, please. I don't have much time today to test until 7 PM UTC.

Top Bottom