• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Texturizer - The easiest way to change textures and portraits!

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'm having issues with working this program, is there any way you could release a youtube video guide? I continuously get errors.. maybe I'm not doing it right.

How do I apply my former textures to this program.. do I have to start over and put them in one by one? Also, where can I find good Character Select Portraits? This is mainly what I want to use this program for.. is to apply character portraits.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't have photoshop so I can't necessarily make my own CSP's as much as I'd like to.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I'm having issues with working this program, is there any way you could release a youtube video guide? I continuously get errors.. maybe I'm not doing it right.

How do I apply my former textures to this program.. do I have to start over and put them in one by one? Also, where can I find good Character Select Portraits? This is mainly what I want to use this program for.. is to apply character portraits.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't have photoshop so I can't necessarily make my own CSP's as much as I'd like to.
Use Import from Folder. Don't use Import from SD Card. Just copy your pf folder (with only fighter and system in it) to somewhere on your hardrive, and import it. It'll import every texture and CSP. If that doesn't work SuperJMN should release the latest version, because that DOES work.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
I have a problem. All of my tga's that i use have a purple-pinkish background. When i load up the tga on the texturizer, it still shows up as purple-pinkish. How do i get the background transparent?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I have a problem. All of my tga's that i use have a purple-pinkish background. When i load up the tga on the texturizer, it still shows up as purple-pinkish. How do i get the background transparent?
1. It's called magenta.
2. Make sure the .tga is indexed. If it's a .png, delete all the magenta.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
First off, I love this program and if nothing else, I would like to say thank you.

However, I also have a question: I got Youko's texture, CSP, etc. pack and I want to change a couple things. The textures are no big deal, but I also want to change the CSPs to some pre-made tga's I found online. But when I import the folders and all of that into texturizer I get a couple weird messages that 91% were created from scratch, etc and nothing shows up as changed.

I want to replace some CSPs and I don't know how... how do I do it? Or am I in the wrong thread entirely?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
First off, I love this program and if nothing else, I would like to say thank you.

However, I also have a question: I got Youko's texture, CSP, etc. pack and I want to change a couple things. The textures are no big deal, but I also want to change the CSPs to some pre-made tga's I found online. But when I import the folders and all of that into texturizer I get a couple weird messages that 91% were created from scratch, etc and nothing shows up as changed.

I want to replace some CSPs and I don't know how... how do I do it? Or am I in the wrong thread entirely?
Double click on a costume and under the picture of the CSP, click browse and pick a CSP.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to replace a CSP in my common5, which already has some replaced textures, etc. When I replace the CSP, can I safely export to a folder on my desktop without losing previous textures?

Also, when I import from my SD, I always get an exception error when importing Charizard. Why is this (the CSPs, etc. work fine in-game)?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I'm trying to replace a CSP in my common5, which already has some replaced textures, etc. When I replace the CSP, can I safely export to a folder on my desktop without losing previous textures?

Also, when I import from my SD, I always get an exception error when importing Charizard. Why is this (the CSPs, etc. work fine in-game)?
1. Yes, you can export safely to your desktop.
2. The reason for that is that the program just lacks the ability to do that successfully. However, the latest build can do that easily. The only problem is that that version is unreleased. I have it, SuperJMN sent it to me while debugging that issue.

My solution: I'm gonna upload the newer unreleased Texturizer. If SuperJMN has a problem with this, I can take it down.

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ytdmmnjnncj

This should solve your problem and make it a whole lot easier to get your textures on Texturizer.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, copy your PF folder to your Desktop and Import from Folder. That's guaranteed to work.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
No dice (both with the DL and with "Import from Folder"). It says something along these lines:

"There has been an error while importing from the file system. Please, verify that the folders structure that you're trying to import is valid."

The issue always occurs when importing FitPokeLizardon03.pcs. This texture works just fine in-game. When I remove this texture, it proceeds until the end, at which point I get this message:

"91 % of the imported characters have been recreated from scratch. This usually indicates that your are importing a struct that has no metadata associated with it. Would you like to get additional info from the folders structure?"

It gives me a Yes/No choice, but I have no clue which is preferred, or even what each does.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm having a problem getting CSP's to work. I imported my old textures from pf, I added one CSP I made myself (a png file), just to test it, and when I export to my pf file, I get no errors. Every time I start up the game, it freezes when I go to the Character Select Screen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm using Virtualbox, a program that lets me run XP on my Macbook Pro. I have .NET and everything, but I'm not actually running my SD card on XP, I need to make it a shared folder from my Mac, could this be part of the problem?

Darkji

Smash Cadet
Hi !
I got a problem while I'm trying to export to my SD card... The exportation starts, stops and a window says : "Error al exportar la estrcutura de directorios [...]
F:\private\wii\app\RSBP\pf\fighter\Mario\FitMario05.pcs"

I guess there's a problem with my texture, but in game it works correctly. Some one could help me ?

PS: This is my first post on Smashboards. :)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Use Import from Folder. Don't use Import from SD Card. Just copy your pf folder (with only fighter and system in it) to somewhere on your hardrive, and import it. It'll import every texture and CSP. If that doesn't work SuperJMN should release the latest version, because that DOES work.
I'll try it out.. when I did try another method (I forgot which one) it had issues with some of the textures on some of the characters. Just would mess up on FitFalco01 or FitIke02. Its weird.. hmm. Thanks though, I'll try your idea and report back here.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Quick question... One CSP I'm trying to use with the program (a PNG24 with a transparent background) comes up with a lot of colour loss when I play Brawl (stuff like shaded skin is unshaded).

Is there a certain filetype which would lose less colour? It's only one picture that does it. The other method is using Cupash for that one image, but that would mean twice as much fiddling with the Common5, which would be a pain in the arse.

EDIT: Also when I try using a Targa, Magenta isn't transparent like it usually is (and yes it's indexed)

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Quick question... One CSP I'm trying to use with the program (a PNG24 with a transparent background) comes up with a lot of colour loss when I play Brawl (stuff like shaded skin is unshaded).

Is there a certain filetype which would lose less colour? It's only one picture that does it. The other method is using Cupash for that one image, but that would mean twice as much fiddling with the Common5, which would be a pain in the arse.

EDIT: Also when I try using a Targa, Magenta isn't transparent like it usually is (and yes it's indexed)
I found that 2 of my CSP's were like that, though they were made the same as any other CSP's. But I have a lot of CSP's so really, it's not that important. There's probably some way to fix it though.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
1. It's called magenta.
2. Make sure the .tga is indexed. If it's a .png, delete all the magenta.
I'm not very familiar with Photoshop, so I'm using Pixlr which is a free online image editor. I'm usign the magic wand to delete the magenta but the image on the game still shows up as white. Is there any way to fix this?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I found that 2 of my CSP's were like that, though they were made the same as any other CSP's. But I have a lot of CSP's so really, it's not that important. There's probably some way to fix it though.
Maybe a later version can fix it. Ah well, I eventually managed to do it anyway using a mix of CUPASH and Texturizer. From now on I'm going to use Texturizer for things that CUPASH can't do very well, and vice versa.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
The guy that created this program has been captured by Nintendo Inc. and is currently holding him hostage for creating such a good program. Pray to the Lakitu's he's alright.. x_x

;)

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
The guy that created this program has been captured by Nintendo Inc. and is currently holding him hostage for creating such a good program. Pray to the Lakitu's he's alright.. x_x

;)
Hi people! I'm here! The problem is that I just received a subtle message from the masses: "boy, you're application isn't such a big deal", because I received no replies and no feedback for weeks! That, joined to my classes an the University did the rest :(

Somebody promised me to send some TGA files that are not made transparent, but never did it ... so, that was the last time I was in close contact with a known issue, moreover the one that STUFF2o helpmed me out to fix.

For the moment, I really would like address every problem that you're experiencing. Could you please let me know? I will release a new version soon if you write down every problem in an ordered way :)

The process could be as following:

- Version and build you're running
- PAL or NTSC? (NTSC is the only version that has been tested deeply)
- Do you have a common5_en.pac in order to export CSPs?
- Steps you make to reproduce the problem
- Exact error that is being shown, or undesired behavior that you noticed.

I will try to address every problem really soon.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
I'm just wondering if it works on PAL at all.
Well, actually I'm sure that it works with the PAL version. It was the first version I tried when the application was in its firsts stages of development. You can try it without worries.

BUT: I've heard that the custom portrait pictures may not work.

Try it and tell us your results :)

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
I'm not very familiar with Photoshop, so I'm using Pixlr which is a free online image editor. I'm usign the magic wand to delete the magenta but the image on the game still shows up as white. Is there any way to fix this?
Please, send my your image and I will see what's the problem with it.
My e-mail address is superjmn at GMail (dotcom)

NNID
Budget_Player
Well, actually I'm sure that it works with the PAL version. It was the first version I tried when the application was in its firsts stages of development. You can try it without worries.

BUT: I've heard that the custom portrait pictures may not work.

Try it and tell us your results :)
Yeah, I was wondering about the CSPs because that would be the main reason I'd use this. That said, still a useful program and I'll use it as soon as I get my SD card back. (stupid friend...)

can i download it and use it on my mac?
It's an MSI that creates a .exe. You need boot camp or parallels, sorry.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I just finished downloading this and tried to install one CSP and texture to test it, but it didn't work. I exported to a pf folder on my hard drive and transfered that to my SD card, replacing the pf folder I had previously.
When I got to character selection screen, the default portrait for the costume I replaced was still present, and when I got in game, that texture was not replaced.

The pf folder I exported seems to be in order.
The pcs file is named appropriately and the path is correct(I've never capitalized the fighter's individual folders, but I assume it causes no problem).
I did not include the pac file, but I'm working with Captain Falcon.
There is an XML document in every fighter's folder named the fighter's codename(IE: Captain Falcon = Captain).
I'm not familiar with this file, but as I've never worked with CSP's before, I assume it deals with them.

I am at a loss- why is neither the csp or texture loading?

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
I just finished downloading this and tried to install one CSP and texture to test it, but it didn't work. I exported to a pf folder on my hard drive and transfered that to my SD card, replacing the pf folder I had previously.
When I got to character selection screen, the default portrait for the costume I replaced was still present, and when I got in game, that texture was not replaced.

The pf folder I exported seems to be in order.
The pcs file is named appropriately and the path is correct(I've never capitalized the fighter's individual folders, but I assume it causes no problem).
I did not include the pac file, but I'm working with Captain Falcon.
There is an XML document in every fighter's folder named the fighter's codename(IE: Captain Falcon = Captain).
I'm not familiar with this file, but as I've never worked with CSP's before, I assume it deals with them.

I am at a loss- why is neither the csp or texture loading?
The most important quetion that I've got now in my mind is, did you enable the cheats (Ocarina, Snapshot) to run the hacks? You must download some files to your SD Card in order to load textures and CSPs.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Hope it's not too stupid a question... can I just drop a downloaded copy of common5_en.pac into my SD card to use this? What is the exact directory for it to go in? Spent all last night trying to figure this crap out (there are like no good tutorials anywhere) and I couldn't figure out WiiScrubber either.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
The most important quetion that I've got now in my mind is, did you enable the cheats (Ocarina, Snapshot) to run the hacks? You must download some files to your SD Card in order to load textures and CSPs.
I'm using gecko to run it- but actually, as it turns out, I just misplaced the gct file. It's been so long since I updated my code I forgot where the gct went.
My bad, sorry.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Hope it's not too stupid a question... can I just drop a downloaded copy of common5_en.pac into my SD card to use this? What is the exact directory for it to go in? Spent all last night trying to figure this crap out (there are like no good tutorials anywhere) and I couldn't figure out WiiScrubber either.
Josua, my advice is that you should keep a copy of this common5_en.pac into your computer into a well-known folder. Brawl Texturizer will ask for it when you're about to export the project to the SD Card (or to a folder). Specify your original copy of the file and it will generate another common5.pac (modified) into the correct location.

In conclusion: Brawl Texturizer only needs the original common5.pac as a source. The new modified file is generated with each exportation.

I provided a link for the file in the first post. Try it! :)

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
I'm using gecko to run it- but actually, as it turns out, I just misplaced the gct file. It's been so long since I updated my code I forgot where the gct went.
My bad, sorry.
Don't worry! just tell us if it works ;)

maceflow66

Smash Rookie
So I'm a little lost. Where do I put the common5_ at? And I'm done with all the portraits but im lost on what I do after that.
EDIT: Ignore that question, seems I figured it out :D This works well, now I just have to get all my textures back

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
I added a new texture using this and all my CSPs are gone now. loool
Tried gettin them back a few times, no luck. Any way to get 'em back?

Top Bottom