• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Texturizer - The easiest way to change textures and portraits!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I'll try doing the importing thing again. I tried importing all my textures like I said, but it just loaded the .SSBBT I had already started.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I'm thinking that maybe it actually imported all the textures, but the .xml's didn't say about all the textures. I'm thinking that all the textures were imported, but the program doesn't know it.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Okay, I just tried Importing, Saving, then Exporting, and it didn't work.
Final Conclusion: Next Version needs to Import Textures from SD Card

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Okay, I just tried Importing, Saving, then Exporting, and it didn't work.
Final Conclusion: Next Version needs to Import Textures from SD Card
Good news everyone! I've working hard to add a new feature: bare structure importing.
To anyone that already made a filesystem manually, you can now import the existing data. The only problem is that every outfit will have a name like "Outfit X".

It will be released in a few minutes. Stay tuned!

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Released!

* The new feature to import a raw folders structure is now available! You can either load from SD card or from a folder.

If you import from a folder, be sure to select "pf", not fighter. In the new versions, "pf" is the root folder for every export/import operation.

When you import with no existing metadata, select "Yes" when the message appears.

Tell me if it works.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
* The new feature to import a raw folders structure is now available! You can either load from SD card or from a folder.

If you import from a folder, be sure to select "pf", not fighter. In the new versions, "pf" is the root folder for every export/import operation.

When you import with no existing metadata, select "Yes" when the message appears.

Tell me if it works.

Cross.

Smash Ace
So i dont need to use tgas for the csp? Ive been using them all this time. Also for the pngs, will I have to make the background color magenta as well?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
So i dont need to use tgas for the csp? Ive been using them all this time. Also for the pngs, will I have to make the background color magenta as well?
I don't think you're supposed to make any of the images magenta. CUPASH is the only program that uses magenta for CSP's. I'm gonna upgrade right now.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Umm... I got the new version, I used Import from SD Card, a window came up that said "Folder Structure Loaded Correctly," but other than that, it just loaded that textures I exported earlier. I don't see how this is working.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Umm... I got the new version, I used Import from SD Card, a window came up that said "Folder Structure Loaded Correctly," but other than that, it just loaded that textures I exported earlier. I don't see how this is working.
It's easy: if you made up a folders structure before using Brawl Texturizer, you will be able to import it in order to keep your changes. But since you have no metadata for the textures, you will have to assign portraits and other information like names and descriptions to them.

If you exported data to your SD and it contained valuable information in it, you have lost every texture. Texturizer replaces every texture file and modifies common5.pac in the folder/card you select to match the project your are exporting. This is why I recommend to backup your manually made up work.

I hope you have a copy of every texture!

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Hi :)

You will need to fill the texture with magenta only if you format doesn't support transparencies inherently.

Texturizer will use magenta for:
TGA, BMP, JPG (a very bad option, because it's a lossy format), and TIFF

Texturizer will use the transparency information for:
PNG, GIF

In other words: if you see the transparency in the GUI, you should see it in-game.

Cross.

Smash Ace
Hi :)

You will need to fill the texture with magenta only if you format doesn't support transparencies inherently.

Texturizer will use magenta for:
TGA, BMP, JPG (a very bad option, because it's a lossy format), and TIFF

Texturizer will use the transparency information for:
PNG, GIF

In other words: if you see the transparency in the GUI, you should see it in-game.
wow thank you. making csp just got 10x easier.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
It's easy: if you made up a folders structure before using Brawl Texturizer, you will be able to import it in order to keep your changes. But since you have no metadata for the textures, you will have to assign portraits and other information like names and descriptions to them.

If you exported data to your SD and it contained valuable information in it, you have lost every texture. Texturizer replaces every texture file and modifies common5.pac in the folder/card you select to match the project your are exporting. This is why I recommend to backup your manually made up work.

I hope you have a copy of every texture!
I copied the Fighter folder backup I made back onto the SD card, so all the textures I had before were back on it. I used "Import from SD Card." The message said the folder structure was copied correctly, but when I checked in Texturizer, none of the textures had been replaced. It only showed the three textures I had originally exported a while ago.
And yes, I do still have the full backup of my PF Folder.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Have you successfully gotten texture's imported when you tried it? I want to be sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Ihatecompvir

Smash Rookie
My Wii freezes at stage select with File Patch 3.1a(I think this is the correct version) entered correctly. Does the same with Brawl+ and BBrawl. Either my codes are messed up or this program is.

Note: I have to choose random because when I choose a stage it freezes before I press A. Characters and CSPs work.

Cross.

Smash Ace
JMN, there is a problem. Tgas previously made come up as a magenta background in the game. You see the magenta in the texturizer as well. Ive used these tgas before and they came out transparent, but when I load them with your program they come out with a magenta background. Will I have to remake all of them as pngs?

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
JMN, there is a problem. Tgas previously made come up as a magenta background in the game. You see the magenta in the texturizer as well. Ive used these tgas before and they came out transparent, but when I load them with your program they come out with a magenta background. Will I have to remake all of them as pngs?
Please, send me a TGA that doesn't work with Texturizer, but works OK without it. I will see what happens :)

My mail address is: JMN(replace this with the proper character)superjmn.com

Thanks for testing!

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
My Wii freezes at stage select with File Patch 3.1a(I think this is the correct version) entered correctly. Does the same with Brawl+ and BBrawl. Either my codes are messed up or this program is.

Note: I have to choose random because when I choose a stage it freezes before I press A. Characters and CSPs work.
I test it on a NTSC version with almost every costume replaced. I load the codes using the snapshot variant and a USB loader.

Try this: delete every folder in pf. Load a new project and replace ONLY a texture. Try to load and see if it works. If it does, continue.

If you discover a failing texture, please notify me to debug it ASAP. You shouldn't have problems. Anyways, I've heard that the Wii will freeze from time to time, because the SD loading is not as consistent as ISO cooking, althought I have not tested it. I also have experienced some freezing randomly, but most of times it is because of a failing texture.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
I'll be trying this out, but i think the only thing that would make me use it regularly would be a way to preview textures, if you could incorporate that it'd be awesome.
Also, i'm surprised you haven't gotten yelled at for it, but you shouldn't post twice in a row on this forum, use the edit button to add to your previous posts

Edit:
Am i mistaken about what this is for? I was under the assumption i'd be able to use it as a library and store more than 5 textures per character and use it to switch between them. If not that, at least to be able to add individual textures manually. Otherwise, i can't really see a use for this program as adding them in manually is still neccesary, all it does is keep track of them which already isn't hard

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
I'll be trying this out, but i think the only thing that would make me use it regularly would be a way to preview textures, if you could incorporate that it'd be awesome.
Also, i'm surprised you haven't gotten yelled at for it, but you shouldn't post twice in a row on this forum, use the edit button to add to your previous posts

Edit:
Am i mistaken about what this is for? I was under the assumption i'd be able to use it as a library and store more than 5 textures per character and use it to switch between them. If not that, at least to be able to add individual textures manually. Otherwise, i can't really see a use for this program as adding them in manually is still neccesary, all it does is keep track of them which already isn't hard
OK, man. Do it your way. You're free to use it. I would have preferred that you had requested a feature, instead of complaining. It would have been more constructive.

About about repost: The only reason for me to repost is that I'm the main (and the only) supporter of this application, and I had to answer to questions in a more detailed fashion. If I edit my messages to answer, some answers will be shown in a wrong order (the answer before the question). That isn't the way I thought it should be. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not here to earn money, or to increase my post count to get any kind of acknowledgement, but I am for helping the community.
Don't worry, I will not do it anymore.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I think a good feature for this program would be something that can also organize your Stages. Also see if you can contact Dantarion to see if you can merge his music GUI with your program to make the ultimate SD organizing program.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
@STUFF2o, I have sent you a private message to help you. I think you're doing something wrong.

@RocketPSIence. I don't know if both programs are easy to integrate, but when it's got a number of features, I will talk to Dantarion. Kryal is a great programmer that might give us some advices on it.

By the way, there's a new version: the new feature is that when you select a .PCS, it will look in the same folder to see if there's a picture with the same name to load it along with the texture.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
OK, man. Do it your way. You're free to use it. I would have preferred that you had requested a feature, instead of complaining. It would have been more constructive.

About about repost: The only reason for me to repost is that I'm the main (and the only) supporter of this application, and I had to answer to questions in a more detailed fashion. If I edit my messages to answer, some answers will be shown in a wrong order (the answer before the question). That isn't the way I thought it should be. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not here to earn money, or to increase my post count to get any kind of acknowledgement, but I am for helping the community.
Don't worry, I will not do it anymore.
The only reason i wasn't suggesting it was because i thought that it was already implemented and i just hadn't found it, which is what i said, since i guess thats not true and you didn't understand it, it would be cool if there was a way for it to save more than 5 so you could make a library of textures to allow it to actually be easy to switch them back and forth, instead of it looking at them when you have it already assembled

As far as double posting, i'm just pointing it out so you don't get in trouble, i don't much care if you double post, even though it makes looking through the thread kindof annoying

Edit: Also, support for character hack .pac files would be useful, so i could store , for example, brawl+ marth, roy, and jin easily

On the topic of character hacks, you might want to add support for the clone engines multiple pac files, if you don't think that'd make it too complicated

Edit 2: I'm not sure how much integrating with the brstm program would help, there wouldn't be much of a way to integrate them without them just being two different options, like stages would be i suppose. Although i suppose if you used stages you could just include the brstms for that stage there the same way as textures, and victory themes with the characters they are on

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
The only reason i wasn't suggesting it was because i thought that it was already implemented and i just hadn't found it, which is what i said, since i guess thats not true and you didn't understand it, it would be cool if there was a way for it to save more than 5 so you could make a library of textures to allow it to actually be easy to switch them back and forth, instead of it looking at them when you have it already assembled
I'm thinking of a ground-breaking feature that you will love ;)
Library! with automatic texture scanning.

Who wants it?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of a ground-breaking feature that you will love ;)
Library! with automatic texture scanning.

Who wants it?
What exactly does that mean? Do you mean, a page of all the textures in the .SSBBT or something?

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
I tried this and used a falco CSP. Although it loaded properly it had a magenta background. (In game and in the texturizer). It froze after i continued past the Character Select Screen. :(

The interface is really good though, makes things alot easier.
I don't quite understand what you mean by the library feature but it would be cool if you had a sample project with a bunch of your favorite textures and CSPs as a starting point. First I have to get it working though, suggestions?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I tried this and used a falco CSP. Although it loaded properly it had a magenta background. (In game and in the texturizer). It froze after i continued past the Character Select Screen. :(

The interface is really good though, makes things alot easier.
I don't quite understand what you mean by the library feature but it would be cool if you had a sample project with a bunch of your favorite textures and CSPs as a starting point. First I have to get it working though, suggestions?
If it looks magenta in the program, it'll look magenta in the game. Use real transparencies (.png ftw), but don't forget that indexing is completely unnecessary. I've made and used a ton of CSP's like this, and I don't get any freezes whatsoever. Also, I'm using a slightly edited Common5.pac.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
What do you mean Slightly edited common5.pac?
I changed the "Brawl" icon on the CSS to the blue "Brawl+" icon. And, I changed anything that says "Lucario" into "Mewtwo" and the Lucario icon into Mewtwo. That's it though.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
What exactly does that mean? Do you mean, a page of all the textures in the .SSBBT or something?
Hi! Well, I mean that I really would like Texturizer to be able to search for textures and organize them in order to have them centralized in another window (the library). This way, it would let you have every Mario's textures on a section called Mario, for example, even it there are lots of them scattered into different folders. This way might not have to select a .PCS file every time you want to assign a new texture. It would be a real time-saver.

I don't know how much time it will take, but it's my new objective.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Hi! Well, I mean that I really would like Texturizer to be able to search for textures and organize them in order to have them centralized in another window (the library). This way, it would let you have every Mario's textures on a section called Mario, for example, even it there are lots of them scattered into different folders. This way might not have to select a .PCS file every time you want to assign a new texture. It would be a real time-saver.

I don't know how much time it will take, but it's my new objective.
Sounds cool.

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm a bit busy at the moment. For people not using an English Windows version, Texturizer will default the language to Spanish. This will change in the next version for all those understand English far better than Spanish (a real pity, though!).

BTW, I want to thank STUFF2o from here for his efforts to find bugs in Texturizer. Anyone having troubles with the portraits (lack of transparency) should send me a test files (.TGA, .BMP...) to my e-mail address.

See you soon!

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Can you explain more about exporting, please? I think exporting portraits means that my common5_en.pac would just get the images added to them, right?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Can you explain more about exporting, please? I think exporting portraits means that my common5_en.pac would just get the images added to them, right?
It takes the common5.pac that you selected with Texturizer, and it will add all those CSP's into it. Then of course, it puts that in your SD card. So remember to have a common5.pac with no modified CSP's to edit.
Basically, the answer to your question is yes, that's all it does. Export to SD Card, however, exports the Common5.pac and all the textures you've added with Texturizer.

ChakramStrike

Smash Rookie
There a small problem with Pokemon Trainer textures when using this program. It seems to automatically name and assign Charizard's .pac files to both Squirtle AND Charizard. This results in-game with the rather disturbing Squirtizard.

Shiny Squirtizard using its down taunt

GB Squirtizard crouching.

It was tough to figure out, but i went and replaced the .pac files Texturizer put in the 'fighter' folder with the originals from the texture downloads. Squirtle's .pac files were 333 KB, just like Charizard's, instead of the proper 576 KB. If you can find a way to fix this problem, it'd save a lot of trouble

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
I can vouch for this too, I saw this and Squirtizard was........ unsettling....

Also, any plans in the future to have it edit the Results Screen portrait and the little stock portraits?

Top Bottom