• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I fear I may be getting a bit ahead of myself, but I just realized that the models from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom are very similar to Brawl's format.

There's MegaMan's drill on Jigglypuff's head.
In a similar fashion could megamans cannon be put on the arm of the ness texture?

http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/169329.png

Between the arm cannon, and if the backpack and hat trim are removed, that would look very convincing as megaman
just curious if you saw this RandomT

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I only had the Haunter Model. Go bug n64billy to release his Pokepark Wii model pack already.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I did. I just want to get what I'm working on now finished first.

...Not having much luck so far, but I'm not giving up. I'll figure it out. D:
If you figure this out, eventually model hacking will happen hopefully, the you will be praised. =D

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Whew. I finished a sprite I'm using in my stage about half an hour ago. I'm going to work on the textures and then hopefully the collision. If all goes well without any interference from my brother(ugh), then I can do a test tonight.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
This is starting to piss me off, each time I restart, nothing is shown in Brawl Box.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Rosalina. The first time it worked, then I had this glitch where the model was screwed up, but I got to fix it (I had forgotten to re-save in Anima8or, since I also use 3DS Max), and now, each time I re-do the whole process, nothing is shown, it's just a normal Peach. I guess I'll work on something else for now.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I did. I just want to get what I'm working on now finished first.

...Not having much luck so far, but I'm not giving up. I'll figure it out. D:
Not a big deal. Just curious, as I have no idea how you got even that drill to work I wasn't sure if the cannon could be the same method.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Hmm... had a problem only one so far i'm just having troubles getting the AnmChr(NW4R) that has the mdl0 file named to 3Dmodels advice? and yes i've tried renaming them to 3dmodels but no luck
EDIT:i added more models and that fixed the problem for some reason it won't except 2 models
I can't get it to work. How'd you do it?

edit: looks like I can't finish till tomorrow afternoon. :(

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Just an update on stormy destination:

I think it looks pretty nice so far the only problems i've encountered so far other than the rain not animating is that the main rain background not showing but i plan on fixing that soon
I may have a beta up soon through it won't animate the rain
Things i've added:
Halberd background clouds from the SSE when Peach and Kirby are on it
Placed rain models in one .brres file
and added battlefield scene data

Oh and nice rosalina -BigSharkZ- i plan on getting that once you release it

n64billy

Smash Ace
I only had the Haunter Model. Go bug n64billy to release his Pokepark Wii model pack already.
Whoops........ I TOTALLY forgot about those... :ohwell:
*Sigh*, I only just woke up, so let me go eat something, shower, then I'll come back and continue on the back.
(I don't see why you'd want it though. The models don't work in game or even in BrawlBox)

EDIT: Mr.Chuy, if you'd like, I could help you get that rain animated..? I got both the Delfino plaza water and Pirate ship water to animate on final destination.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Gaaaaaagh. That's it. I'm gonna download Visual Basic and force myself to learn how to create a program to aid me with this.

...Okay, I'll spill the beans now. I successfully ported a model from a PC game which I wanted to put in for Jigglypuff's hat, as a test to see if I understand the MDL0 format (I understand most of it now). It works perfectly fine (not just in BrawlBox, but in-game!) when I put it over something that has more polygons/vertices than it does, but absolutely refuses to work when tag it on to the end of the MDL0 and re-direct the nodes. I think that to get it working, I have to rebuild the entire MDL0...

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Gaaaaaagh. That's it. I'm gonna download Visual Basic and force myself to learn how to create a program to aid me with this.

...Okay, I'll spill the beans now. I successfully ported a model from a PC game which I wanted to put in for Jigglypuff's hat, as a test to see if I understand the MDL0 format (I understand most of it now). It works perfectly fine (not just in BrawlBox, but in-game!) when I put it over something that has more polygons/vertices than it does, but absolutely refuses to work when tag it on to the end of the MDL0 and re-direct the nodes. I think that to get it working, I have to rebuild the entire MDL0...
well rebuilding the model will help me with Death The Kid
because his hands are different models than the rest of his body
resulting in 28 bones when we need 30...
and can u describe what u would have to do to "rebuild" the whole model?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
well rebuilding the model will help me with Death The Kid
because his hands are different models than the rest of his body
resulting in 28 bones when we need 30...
and can u describe what u would have to do to "rebuild" the whole model?
Most likely.

Basically, what I want to do is have a program that opens up a DAE file (since it has pretty much everything needed for a Brawl model) and puts everything together in order, automatically linking all of the strings and nodes and whatnot.

Kinda like what Pharrox had been working on.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic

What do you need made? I don't know Basic, but I know Java. If it's something that Java can do, I think I can help.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
What do you need made? I don't know Basic, but I know Java. If it's something that Java can do, I think I can help.
First of all, I would want something that can convert a list of decimal numbers (not one -- a whole list) into 2-byte hex so that I don't have to waste hours upon hours converting each value by hand. Think you can do that?

(Although I'll want to learn how to do that myself, so I could potentially make more programs in the future.)

ds22

Smash Lord
So does all of this mean that the models, when rebuild, could work ingame?
I would love to see Naruto ingame.
And bone count isn't that a big issue because the Naruto model has enough bones (130 to be precise).

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Most likely.

Basically, what I want to do is have a program that opens up a DAE file (since it has pretty much everything needed for a Brawl model) and puts everything together in order, automatically linking all of the strings and nodes and whatnot.

Kinda like what Pharrox had been working on.
Just so you know, Kryal will be taking a look at that soon, and, no offense, but he'll probably blow you away with a better program, and then you will have done all that work for nothing, kind of like what happened with BrawlWall. Once again, no offense, but this is Kryal we're talking about.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Just so you know, Kryal will be taking a look at that soon, and, no offense, but he'll probably blow you away with a better program, and then you will have done all that work for nothing, kind of like what happened with BrawlWall. Once again, no offense, but this is Kryal we're talking about.
Well, it will give me some knowledge in creating programs, at least. So I personally don't mind that he'll be release something much superior to whatever I happen to make.

...Besides, I don't know how the model rigging is stored, so that's something I can't do yet. Basically, stuff like trophy models would be all I could do. :x

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Well, it will give me some knowledge in creating programs, at least. So I personally don't mind that he'll be release something much superior to whatever I happen to make.

...Besides, I don't know how the model rigging is stored, so that's something I can't do yet. Basically, stuff like trophy models would be all I could do. :x
Alright, good luck.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
i just spent 1 hr of my somewhat valuable life exporting and hexing every single naruto model
here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?nm1mbznmhwi
but they have the random black polygons on top
if someone like ds22 or anyone get rid of those polygons with auto polygon or hexing them out
that would be great

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Aw great, I just had an idea to fix any issues I had with model importing for my stage, but I can't access my computer till the morning....and even then, I won't be able to get much done.

And that sounds awesome RTB.

Does anyone here know how Godzilla unleashed Wii stores its model info? I'm guessing not, but it's worth asking. I can't really access an ISO of it to find out.

joem3693

Smash Apprentice
its alright you made a really epic viewtiful joe you should release it regardless of how many animations u made its great

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
hey if anyone could help me to get the multiple models in the Death.brres to all work that would be great
im going to play with it 2morrow but it's late where i am

Top Bottom