• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
@Kurobit:

Does the scarf display properly in game? Or will it just sort of remain a limp flopping creature?
It doesn't work as well in-game but the first 2 bones in his scarf can be animated, so I can kind of guide where it "flops".

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten Hare Hare Yukai, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Castlevania Judgement and Naruto models to load in Brawl Box, but I can only see the textures and palettes. I've tried changing the file's data in hex but I'm still getting to nowhere. RandomTBush, or any other person who might have gotten it to work, could you tell me what did you change exactly in hex? The closest I got was the textures and palettes to work.
i third this request :p

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Perhaps they don't want to develop levels with a focus on stage legality in Brawl+? That's really what that thread seems to be. It sounds to me like it should be merged with your stage legality thread, and that a Stage Hacking Hub thread should be in this forum, where it would be much better suited.
The stage hacking hub is independent of any character-balancing project, period. Though it does have a focus on making stages for competitive use, Fourside and Venom would be much more than welcome there, despite being banned stages in Melee. Not to mention, I'd love to have guys with their kind of expertise on the Stage Hacks team in case they ever want to have a user base and audience for something more competitively oriented, or can help out with a project of some sort (for one, i'd love to be able to add animations and models to present stages).

However, that is a good idea - a stage hacking archive could do good to be here. I'll check that out.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I've gotten Hare Hare Yukai, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Castlevania Judgement and Naruto models to load in Brawl Box, but I can only see the textures and palettes. I've tried changing the file's data in hex but I'm still getting to nowhere. RandomTBush, or any other person who might have gotten it to work, could you tell me what did you change exactly in hex? The closest I got was the textures and palettes to work.
Send 'em to me, and I'll see what I can do. And maybe I'll let you in on how I got Viewtiful Joe working.
If you get this to work properly, please please pleaaase grab Morrigan, Chun-Li, and Zero.
I can get both Chun-Li and Morrigan, but I don't think I can get Zero just yet. After all, TvsC isn't released over here yet... or has it been leaked?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Where are those trophy stages located in the game files anyway? I haven't been able to find them.

Also
Okay, I finally figured out why the Smashville stage model is screwed up, the model's bone is located below the actual model, thus making the stage's collision appear in that spot no matter what, which is why the characters always appear underneath the stage model.

....Aaaaaanybody know how to move the model bone closer to the model without moving the model itself....? Eheheh... heh.... yeah... T--T

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The stage hacking hub is independent of any character-balancing project, period. Though it does have a focus on making stages for competitive use, Fourside and Venom would be much more than welcome there, despite being banned stages in Melee. Not to mention, I'd love to have guys with their kind of expertise on the Stage Hacks team in case they ever want to have a user base and audience for something more competitively oriented, or can help out with a project of some sort (for one, i'd love to be able to add animations and models to present stages).

However, that is a good idea - a stage hacking archive could do good to be here. I'll check that out.
Shouldn't the stage hacking hub thread be in this forum in the first place since it's not focusing on Brawl+ exclusively?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Send 'em to me, and I'll see what I can do. And maybe I'll let you in on how I got Viewtiful Joe working.
I can get both Chun-Li and Morrigan, but I don't think I can get Zero just yet. After all, TvsC isn't released over here yet... or has it been leaked?
There are japanese versions on the interweb. Could you explain what you are going to do with these?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Shouldn't the stage hacking hub thread be in this forum in the first place since it's not focusing on Brawl+ exclusively?
It's independent of competitive projects, but the focus still is competition...if that makes any sense. A stage like Fourside-Brawl, despite being amazing, unfortunately has little to no place in any of the competitive codesets, and thats possibly what a stage hacking archive here could be used for

(and i think the plan was to merge the workshop brawl and codeset forums - the best place for the BSHH to go is in this merged codeset project forum)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
There are japanese versions on the interweb. Could you explain what you are going to do with these?
Well, I'm not sure, but I'm hoping that someone else may have an idea on how to get them working in Brawl. After all, if I was able to transfer one part from a character, then it must be possible, even if it means removing all of the extra polygons and bones and rebuilding the entire MDL0.

...Oh, and I'm working on a little surprise right now. Once I fix the mistake I made, I'll show it to you guys. If it works in-game, that is.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well, I'm not sure, but I'm hoping that someone else may have an idea on how to get them working in Brawl. After all, if I was able to transfer one part from a character, then it must be possible, even if it means removing all of the extra polygons and bones and rebuilding the entire MDL0.

...Oh, and I'm working on a little surprise right now. Once I fix the mistake I made, I'll show it to you guys. If it works in-game, that is.
Awesome, but I'm a tad confused. What is the one part you transferred?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Just a small explanation on how would be nice, TBush, if anything. =/

Only chars we need from TvC are Mega, Zero, VJoe and Frank West for the lulz. Morrigan maybe. Chun Li wtf?

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
well i hope it works
otherwise some instructions would be nice so that all of us can experiment

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
You can only add model parts to characters with sword glows. You could, however, give sonic a Beamsword and reskin it, similar to how Eldiran made Sword Ganon.
Ah, alright. Will he still be capable of holding another item?

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
To clarify, Eldiran's Sword Ganondorf does not use a model swapped beam sword. He attached the sword to his item holding bone and modified his attacks to fit that. This means he can grab while having it out, but can't grab items.

In any case, I look forward to importing models of similar filetype to Brawl's.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I take it BRSTM's aren't included as BrawlBox creations, correct? Just asking

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Don't push it, though, that guy's one of the best texture hackers
I'd say he's one of the better hackers period. He does stages, textures, AND models. Kinda like me, only not lazy and actually good.:laugh:

Sorry, sarcasm is kinda hard to detect on teh interwebs.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'd say he's one of the better hackers period. He does stages, textures, AND models. Kinda like me, only not lazy and actually good.:laugh:

Sorry, sarcasm is kinda hard to detect on teh interwebs.
Ah, true, you got me there. Sarcasm is hard to detect over the web.

Top Bottom