• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Trophy Names/Game names - :/toy/fig/ty_fig_name_list_en.msbin

Trophy Descriptions - :/toy/fig/ty_fig_ext_list_en.msbin

Since these are msbins, I'm not sure if this will be totally compatible with File Patch.....

n64billy

Smash Ace
What character is that over? Toon Link?
EDIT: Or is that just a model not for brawl hacks? lol
It's not over any character.. I used BrawlBox .64 Beta to export the .dae file, and then imported it into Maya. That was a Maya render.

It has nothing to do with Brawl hacking as-such, but it used BrawlBox, so I just wanted to show it off here.

Read the quote below
It doesn't look like the Ness hack. Looks like it's the actual Sableye model. And it's not meant for Brawl hacking, it's for animation purposes.

He's right, this is not a Ness hack.. This is the ACTUAL Sableye model, ripped from PokePark Wii. That's still a cool looking hack though! :)

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Hey MeleeMaster, I'll need your help again. Don't worry, it's much easier stuff this time.

I'll post it later because I'm outta time now.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
This is the ACTUAL Sableye model, ripped from PokePark Wii. That's still a cool looking hack though! :)
figured

Hey MeleeMaster, I'll need your help again.
k, post or pm whatever you need. I'll get to working on creating stuff after I'm done finishing cataloging and debugging my complete collection of the greatest textures of all time, which i'm just about

speaking of which, I think I know how to fix the gengar wario model

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
im wrong again, I cant fix the normals, I can only somewhat hide the shading more cleverly with some modeling...

I hopothesized that the morph problem was due to his fart model being an unseen vertex set, like ganon's heads, and the game uses a morpher modifier-type deal to morph it into the other model. I could fix it by just exporting the main body vertex set as that, but seeing as it was already fixed another way, and bone renaming kinda renders the model permanently desynced, otherwise risking the rigging to mess up the model.

karma's 3rd in queue since grunty and the mrs became my tangents

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Just so you know, I have successfully patched MSBins in the past. ;)

I've replaced a trophy description, name and sources.

Here is my proof. ^_^

BTW, this is a complete Yoshi trophy swap for my upcoming Project GY, Giga Bowser over Yoshi.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
And the bosses have hp? How will that work?
A lot of programming. It's basically a series of events that check for the character's current damage and, depending on what that boss' specific HP limit is, sends the boss into its death animation before actually dying.

I also plan to have sort of an "angry pose" happen when they get low on HP, probably just making them do a taunt or something.

Just so you know, I have successfully patched MSBins in the past. ;)

I've replaced a trophy description, name and sources.
You mean changed, or just swapped?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Swapped, and actually edited description.

And I gave Tabuu's trophies brand new descriptions.
So you can change names and descriptions...

The almighty Razanak demands this information.

*ahem*

So yeah, do you need to do anything in particular to make it work, or just go for it?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well, Razanak, as you know, a MSBin file contains nothing but MSGs with in-game text. They're structured a lot like XML files. You would just erase what is written, and type something new, and remove the _en's if there are any in the filename. Pop it in the right folder, and boom. ^_^

But as Yoshi said, do mind the filesize.

Oh, and could someone PLEASE do me a huge favor and rip Giga Bowser's stock icon from Melee?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Only 1 rule IIRC,

1. Watch the file size. Don't add too much or else....
Well, Razanak, as you know, a MSBin file contains nothing but MSGs with in-game text. They're structured a lot like XML files. You would just erase what is written, and type something new, and remove the _en's if there are any in the filename. Pop it in the right folder, and boom. ^_^

But as Yoshi said, do mind the filesize.

Oh, and could someone PLEASE do me a huge favor and rip Giga Bowser's stock icon from Melee?
Alright, thanks guys.

By the way, I'm almost positive GB already has a stock icon. I'll go check...

EDIT: Eh, I was close.
Not sure why it's 8-bit-ish.

I can make you one if you want.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Yeah, but I want the Melee one because it doesn't have that annoying BOSS 1 text all over it.

That's it, I wanted one without the BOSS1.

And would you? It's for a new project. Thanks in advance, you'll be credited.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
OMFG!! ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! X3

Thanks a million!

Now I shall need to recolor it for each of his alt colors.
lol, no problem. :3

Alrighty, update time; I made some pretty big changes to Phantoon. Literally.

His body is now much more similar to his Other M incarnation, but his moves will still be based mostly on Super Metroid, including his trademark fire-waves-after-being-hit-with-Super-Missiles thing. Damage-reliant super armour to the rescue!

He's much bigger now as well, and his moveset has received a few changes; namely the addition of more fire attacks, and a life drain move.

And just because, here's a comparison. They're big pictures, so click at your own risk. :O

OLD:

NEW:

Roo525

Smash Ace
I dont mean to get off topic, but Segtendo, Your avvy greatly disturbs me... o_e

Django

Smash Rookie
Hey, Razanak I think Mecha Mewtwo (Giovanni's Mewtwo) should definitely be the final addition to the boss pack. Maybe Beyondyou or any of the other capable hackers could vertex it for you. But I see a lot of potential with him. It gives you the liberty to construct an over the top rendition of Mewtwo that's gone berserk. I pray that you at least take the idea into consideration.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Another Phantoon update:

With any luck, I'll be able to place these over some of Ness's articles. Well... with the help of someone that actually knows how. >_>

The eye is Meta Knight's trophy, and the jaws are clearly Ridley's. The teeth need to be changed, but that's for later.

Top Bottom