• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

M!nt

Smash Champion
You're adding back the alternate costumes for jiggs from melee? nice. oh and lol at the spongebob reference.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
You're adding back the alternate costumes for jiggs from melee? nice. oh and lol at the spongebob reference.
Basically, yes. What I'm doing is not as easy as it looks, though -- especially with the crown. I have to expand the MDL0 files to fit the new hats in (most are only one polygon group, but the crown has two), which is necessary to fit in the new models. It's a whole lot of offset re-linking afterwards that's the hard part about the whole thing.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Ah, figured out why the crown itself didn't have a texture -- I had to add a new entry into the DrawOpa, which determines the materials that a polygon group uses.

...Now to fix up the offsets again. :urg:

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hooray, a crown that doesn't take up a green hat.
Yeah. I'm also hoping to update my two TF2 Jigglypuff hats later on, so that they can work over any Jigglypuff colour.

(EDIT: There's apparently something else that's making the game crash, and I'm not sure what... :urg:)

(EDIT 2: Fixed it... at least, I thought I did? This doesn't make any sense -- where's the crown itself?)

(EDIT 3: Gah. Can't believe I forgot to fix one thing. It's working now!)

Now to test it out with the Metal Bo--

:c

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I run into a similar issue whenever I run Mario Sports Mix on the Dolphin Emulator. For some reason, you can only do one match, and if you try to do a second match, everything goes haywire. Ironically, the game isn't even hackable yet.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Gah, I hate it when you're positive something will work... and then it doesn't and you're clueless about how to fix it.

*epic pouting maneuver*

For the sake of getting the information out there, I was trying to combine character models in the same way that you do with stages; simply adding another model to their PAC and PCS files. The files load fine and there are no side effects... other than the added model not showing up in-game. Lucario and Pit were my test subjects.

The advantage to this method - if it worked - would be that the added things would be actually animated all the time instead of plastered on by replacing an article and giving a single, looping animation that doesn't make sense in most situations. It also wouldn't require any hexing; just some copypasta and one or two reduced texture files.

I also tried it with Bowser, Charizard, and even a second Lucario. None showed up.

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
can anyone help me
i upgraded my pc to windows 7 and i cant import dae models in 3ds max anymore
when i had vista it worked without problems but now i get this message

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
can anyone help me
Some programs require you to run them as an administrator in order to edit stuff. This is especially true for WIIScrubber.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Having the game crash on me like that brings me to one thing I've been wondering for a while... What makes the Metal Box textures work for characters, anyway?

I've got one idea that might make it work, but... wait for it... I will have to fix the offsets again.

(EDIT: Never mind. It's going in the pile of "hacks I've done for Brawl but will never be finished". While fine in an emulator, trying it out on the Wii itself makes the game have a heart attack... MDL0s are apparently very picky files, though why it always happens when I modify the characters themselves and not their accessories is beyond my comprehension. :urg:)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?c6z2wi8c57c73sz

There it is anyway. Do not expect it to work unless you're emulating it. Now, if anyone needs me, I'll be in the "angry dome".

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Will we ever be able to give imports Metal textures anyway? I notice that normal characters have a reference in BrawlBox called "metal00" in the Textures tab. Anyone know what that does?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Will we ever be able to give imports Metal textures anyway? I notice that normal characters have a reference in BrawlBox called "metal00" in the Textures tab. Anyone know what that does?
Characters have the metal00 reference so that they can take their metal appearance whenever they get a Metal Box. The metal00 texture is in the PAC archive, Fighter, which is in common3.pac.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Woah! It's like I'm in a Zelda game!
Gah, I hate it when you're positive something will work... and then it doesn't and you're clueless about how to fix it.

*epic pouting maneuver*

For the sake of getting the information out there, I was trying to combine character models in the same way that you do with stages; simply adding another model to their PAC and PCS files. The files load fine and there are no side effects... other than the added model not showing up in-game. Lucario and Pit were my test subjects.

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn422/Razanak7/LucarioEyeIris-Copy.png

The advantage to this method - if it worked - would be that the added things would be actually animated all the time instead of plastered on by replacing an article and giving a single, looping animation that doesn't make sense in most situations. It also wouldn't require any hexing; just some copypasta and one or two reduced texture files.

I also tried it with Bowser, Charizard, and even a second Lucario. None showed up.
I hope we can get this working, because it'd be really awesome.

What happens if you do it on characters like Wolf and Zamus who have two seperate modeldatas in their PAC files, having a character model for each modeldata? Does it work the same way?

ds22

Smash Lord
Having the game crash on me like that brings me to one thing I've been wondering for a while... What makes the Metal Box textures work for characters, anyway?

I've got one idea that might make it work, but... wait for it... I will have to fix the offsets again.

(EDIT: Never mind. It's going in the pile of "hacks I've done for Brawl but will never be finished". While fine in an emulator, trying it out on the Wii itself makes the game have a heart attack... MDL0s are apparently very picky files, though why it always happens when I modify the characters themselves and not their accessories is beyond my comprehension. :urg:)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?c6z2wi8c57c73sz

There it is anyway. Do not expect it to work unless you're emulating it. Now, if anyone needs me, I'll be in the "angry dome".
RTB, for me your Jiggz doesn't crash my Wii when entering battle, but it slows down significantly and with no effects whatsoever (like it would if a polygon wasn't correctly blanked out).

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
RTB, for me your Jiggz doesn't crash my Wii when entering battle, but it slows down significantly and with no effects whatsoever (like it would if a polygon wasn't correctly blanked out).
Really? That's weird. I'll go try it again later on. (It might've been the fact that I tried it out on Corneria that made it glitch up on me.)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
What happens if you do it on characters like Wolf and Zamus who have two seperate modeldatas in their PAC files, having a character model for each modeldata? Does it work the same way?
Depends on whether the models will attach to the base character of not, but this is definitely worth a try.

More on this later...

Edit: I just realized that this is the same as article replacing, so it really wouldn't be anything new.

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
can anyone help me
Some programs require you to run them as an administrator in order to edit stuff. This is especially true for WIIScrubber.
i get the same message when i run it as an administrator

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace

who here agrees pit needs to be a little bit more "manly"

this is a quick pic of what i'm working on. that replaces his Bow...

he won't be so spammy. ever... again.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
well ofcourse =D

and Marth's Falchion is over the arrow so he is weilding both of those. Falchion he is holding backwards. and the other one forwards, or backwards, determines what looks best.

And i might have to cancel him due to the fact he freezes on some stages.

example Dracula's castle on luigi's mansion and the Space station on Jungle Japes...

i could easily change them, but you know, my friends like these two stages... or someone can help me find a fix.

or i won't, either way, if you find a stage he just randomly freezes on, which is usually when the second person is about to enter, do not use that stage while using this character.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
GameWatching, I'm confused.
You claim that you've left Brawl hacking, yet you continue to make revamps.
Why?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Revamp D:
Just... wow, can't, handle, the awesomness, if only we could get someone to make a moveset for P:M for her, she was supposed to be in the game anyways, she was supposed to be with Diddy Kong kinda like an Ice Climber's moveset right? Except maybe she can't do any damage when she's not out but she has her own moveset and they switch, like Zelda and Sheik

Why, WHY did the developer's not take more time to make this happen?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If people get the clone engine working you could have Diddy over Zelda and Dixie over Sheik, and you could probably get the Down-B to work right, and BAM.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
If people get the clone engine working you could have Diddy over Zelda and Dixie over Sheik, and you could probably get the Down-B to work right, and BAM.
It wouldn't work like that. The transformation is something hard-coded into Zelda and Sheik that only they and other transforming characters possess, no matter what you do. The only way it would be possible would be to somehow come up with one hell of a code to give it to another character.

Alternatively, you could feasibly make it work; but you would be stuck with the usual problems with model replacements, and there's no guarantee that it would work anyway. I assume it would, but if you want it to actually work right without any glitches, plain copypasta won't do it, clone engine or not.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Characters have the metal00 reference so that they can take their metal appearance whenever they get a Metal Box. The metal00 texture is in the PAC archive, Fighter, which is in common3.pac.
They also have materials that are identical to their normal textures, but have flags that make them only appear when metal.
They are similar to normal materials, except that they have _ExtMtl at the end, and the Metal00 texture reference.

Looking at Ness's materials, all the _ExtMtl materials have flag 3 at the value 4.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Does anyone know of lighting suitable for evening that doesn't obscure the background much? And by background, I mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back there.

For that ROB stage I showed a little while ago.

Top Bottom