• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Not everybody cares about your comment.
Considering how incredibly relevant my post was, and how utterly irrelevant your response was to me, I'm honestly confused as to why you even bothered saying some. Mariodk was complaining about his lack of commentary on his work, and I supplied a reason.

...Like, whytf do you feel that required a smart-*** remark on your end?

mariodk

Smash Ace
its was not cuz its was DBZ
remember kid buu moveset is over lucario
for get these models to work over lucario it needed to be rigged over lucario boneset and do you have seen over weird it is and not built for a human like body?
i have used months to get it as it is now and then ppl ignoring to some metal texture
so if it was mario/sonic/anything based hack i have worked so much on and ppl ignored i will still have said the same

ds22

Smash Lord
If people like perfect metal textures rather then one of your imports, then there isn't much you can do about it.
And complaining about it will certainly not help either.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
i know but still and even then i posted something not about DBZ like Geno or my mario animations for SMBZ mario moveset still got ignored or almost any thing else
ppl ignore me to something like a new metal texture or just a texture
People not responding doesn't mean no one is interested. It could just as easily mean that there's nothing left to say. If you post every little update you make over the entire course of the project, it gets repetitive and the changes start seeming insignificant.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
My Ocarina of Time Link is almost done now. It looks much better than in earlier stages.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
mmhmm.

Just let it go and do what you do best.

Mind telling me how you did that to Metal DK so I can apply that to Raiden's hair?

You can see why I asked.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Dude, MarioDK, you're a great and dedicated modder, but frankly, I just don't care for your subject matter. This is no fault with you at all. It's just not my thing. I don't use alternate movesets, and I'm not terribly interested in DBZ, sonic, or mario (unless you have a better goku over captain falcon than the one I have).

I don't know how many people I'm speaking for, but the mods I most want are cosmetic mods that do not affect how the game is played, and good new stages or fixes on existing stages (Ideally less walkoff stuff or final destination clones).

I especially love character model replacements for the characters in the current project M demo.

The bigger point here is, if you want recognition, then try figuring out what people can use, like M22K's metallic texture fixes are something that affects nearly everyone's version of the game. Moveset alterations are largely a way of limiting your audience to the few people who want to put up with replacing characters.

Dude, your work rocks, it's just not what people want. I don't know a better way to say this. Also, don't take what I said as a request. Do what you want to do. I don't want you doing anything for my sake, figure out what you want to make for yourself.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Dude, MarioDK, you're a great and dedicated modder, but frankly, I just don't care for your subject matter. This is no fault with you at all. It's just not my thing. I don't use alternate movesets, and I'm not terribly interested in DBZ, sonic, or mario (unless you have a better goku over captain falcon than the one I have).

I don't know how many people I'm speaking for, but the mods I most want are cosmetic mods that do not affect how the game is played, and good new stages or fixes on existing stages (Ideally less walkoff stuff or final destination clones).

I especially love character model replacements for the characters in the current project M demo.

The bigger point here is, if you want recognition, then try figuring out what people can use, like M22K's metallic texture fixes are something that affects nearly everyone's version of the game. Moveset alterations are largely a way of limiting your audience to the few people who want to put up with replacing characters.

Dude, your work rocks, it's just not what people want. I don't know a better way to say this. Also, don't take what I said as a request. Do what you want to do. I don't want you doing anything for my sake, figure out what you want to make for yourself.
Amen, brutha.

And speaking of cosmetic hacks, since I still don't know what went wrong with the model importing, I hate having Rayquaza just taking up space on my hard drive. I have the model edited via BrawlBox so it already matches up perfectly with Charizard's bone structure. If someone else wanted to take up the reins and finish what I couldn't, then that would be coolness dipped in awesomesauce.

mariodk

Smash Ace

i soon have a better Goku/vegeta since i know how to get the rig at fingers alot better
also soon a better Geno with better rig at cape (alot better)
anyway i was just alittle angry cuz of some of my work i used months to get as good as it is now got ignored to something you can do in like 10min (i dont know how much time mewtwo2000 used for this metal texture but it can´t be that long anyway)
i think anyone will be like that if you have used months on a something and it get ignored to something else that take like 10mins

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
How long it took M22K to figure out a rather important detail towards universal character effect undermines the significance of it. A lot of Project M's breakthroughs are almost spontaneous at times; it's hardly fair to say it was an effortless achievement especially when it holds more impact than something that anyone else could put hours into. I don't mean to understate your whole project, but I find that your post will get a bit of flack for that.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
i soon have a better Goku/vegeta since i know how to get the rig at fingers alot better
also soon a better Geno with better rig at cape (alot better)
anyway i was just alittle angry cuz of some of my work i used months to get as good as it is now got ignored to something you can do in like 10min (i dont know how much time mewtwo2000 used for this metal texture but it can´t be that long anyway)
i think anyone will be like that if you have used months on a something and it get ignored to something else that take like 10mins
The whole process from starting to test to getting the final perfect result and the knowledge I've gotten, has been like the whole morning (from 10 am to 14pm, more or less) and 2-3 hours the night before.

The final result itself, needed only 1 or 2 hours of guessing and testing, and now that I master it, I guess it was too much time. I should have started in another way so I would have not wasted that much time in researching. Anyway, the result is perfect and I'm proud of it. It consists on a custom shader and a custom material, nothing more.

About them (this goes to Eternal Yoshi), I'll upload the characters and the material/shader themselves to mediafire later today, or maybe tomorrow. I'll post a link to the folder here so you can get it and fix your hair.

MarioDK, I know that feeling, more or less, of being working on something during months, and seeing that 1-day hacks get all the attention. The only difference is that, as I feel the result of my long-developed hack is much better than the 1-day hack, I feel proud of my own work not matter what people say or don't say. But this case is different, the metal thing is just an improvement for the game itself (a minor one, but still), while your hack, which is cool, of course, will just be commented by those that are looking for it. They cannot be compared, they're different things. Those who don't like PSAs, or have their slots complete with the stuff they like, will ignore you. And that's something that will always happen. I'm not expecting everybody to include my last stage or character to their rosters, I just expect that people enjoy if they decide to get them. And if I get ignored, well, it's okay. I'll go and enjoy my stuff myself.

Our work will never amaze everybody. There will always be people complaining, or just looking for things different to what you offer. Just enjoy what you do, and be happy when people say they're amazed. But do not ask them to be amazed, that's useless.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Just create for your own benefit and screw what others think if they can't give constructive criticism. That's how I roll.

Jocky

Smash Cadet
Made from the Scales of fallen Zora Warriors, or lots'a Polygons...

With KCMM down and no one to ask for help I had to solve a lot of problems on my own.
At least I learned a few useful tricks. The rigging is decent enough, the sword glow the same,
and the F-Smash Eyes and Metal Materials work for the most part. Now I'm down to just two
problems before releasing it, transparency concerning the tunic (See those black areas?),
and the scrambled metal material for the face (polygons 11 and 13 suffer as a result). And
after multiple attempts to fix them, I am without success.

It's been a while since I've even posted on site so I'm not sure if this is the proper thread
to be asking help for in. But can somebody help a guy out? Or at least tell him what he's
doing wrong?

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Final chance to download before I start working on the PSA :)

Preview:

Notes: The torso area looks a bit odd in some animations, the neck bending/rotating too, but they aren't terrible bad or really noticable during gameplay.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?dwddhp6u4p541bm

And please stop asking to put him over :falcon: instead, I plan to put might guy over him at some point :/

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

With KCMM down and no one to ask for help I had to solve a lot of problems on my own.
At least I learned a few useful tricks. The rigging is decent enough, the sword glow the same,
and the F-Smash Eyes and Metal Materials work for the most part. Now I'm down to just two
problems before releasing it, transparency concerning the tunic (See those black areas?),
and the scrambled metal material for the face (polygons 11 and 13 suffer as a result). And
after multiple attempts to fix them, I am without success.

It's been a while since I've even posted on site so I'm not sure if this is the proper thread
to be asking help for in. But can somebody help a guy out? Or at least tell him what he's
doing wrong?
Your problem with the face is just related to normals. Edit your model in 3dsmax, use the 'edit normals' modifier, and average the normals in that zone. Use a dark lighting in max to see the problem in there, and to be sure you're fixing it correctly.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Just realised that KC-MM was the only smash blog I was subscribed to since the RSS feed also posted content from LST.

Need to do something about that

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
lets see if a released hack gets ignored:
http://infinitesmashteam.wordpress.com/2012/03/08/pink-is-sexy/
next release is Geno or SMBZ mario V3 or Vegeta(saiyan saga) or Sonic the plumber
Can you teach me how to make my stuff one slot? IDK how, maybe even a simple text tutorial on it :)
A written tut with pictures would be best *nod*

On topic: Got in touch with my animator again, I should have something to show you guys sunday or monday if all goes well :)

Jocky

Smash Cadet
Your problem with the face is just related to normals. Edit your model in 3dsmax, use the 'edit normals' modifier, and average the normals in that zone. Use a dark lighting in max to see the problem in there, and to be sure you're fixing it correctly.
But the normals look fine in 3ds Max, nothing out of place.
I used another polygon11 from a model I know worked and
tried something else earlier and I got a "working" Metal material,
except it did not move with the camera no matter what I changed.

Never mind, I did something that worked. Just don't know what.

mariodk

Smash Ace

its not DBZ/Mario/Sonic
its a Char. that anyone knows(if not you know this char. you have been in a box whole yours life)
its a KH char. too(model from kingdoom hearts 1 or 2 i think)
and its my next model import over luigi(maybe i have to edit the legs alittle to fit luigi´s boneset)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
We need a proper Mickey now, now that model importing is possible :bee:

mariodk

Smash Ace
We need a proper Mickey now, now that model importing is possible :bee:
yeah and possible over mario and im possible do a good rig of him if donald fails (since the legs is stupid to edit to fit for luigi or anyone)
and goofy over Captain falcon maybe (needing captain falcon hacks now after i replaced Pit with Goku :D)

but not KH version i like classic much better
i still dont understand why ppl made KH versions of these three before classic then the vertexs of mickey/donald/goofy was made

edit:
looks like donald duck fails
i think i needing to get better at vertex to get him to fit with luigi´s legs
but i still got the .max of him anyway i want to do atleast one disney char. so here is them im possible will do in the near future:
perry the platypus(snake with resize mode cuz of he is like a agent as perry is)
kim possible over ZSS or peach or zelda(biggest chance for peach since i never use ZSS/zelda)
goofy over captain falcon(classic styled not KH)
Iago from aladdin(Yoshi since i already got a 50% done .max of him)
aladdin over captain falcon or snake
cuz i am a big disney char.(almost as big as i am a DBZ fanboy) but never really made any disney hacks but always was close to make one

brawl needs more disney now :D and i dont think i am the only one who agree on that

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
I like old Disney. Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc. I hate what Disney is now. Sucks to hear Donald can't be done, but I would love to see Mickey done. Oh, and great job with Kid buu man, rig looks fantastic and so does the texture. It was Dot who did the teexture right.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
yeah and possible over mario and im possible do a good rig of him if donald fails (since the legs is stupid to edit to fit for luigi or anyone)
and goofy over Captain falcon maybe (needing captain falcon hacks now after i replaced Pit with Goku :D)

but not KH version i like classic much better
i still dont understand why ppl made KH versions of these three before classic then the vertexs of mickey/donald/goofy was made

edit:
looks like donald duck fails
i think i needing to get better at vertex to get him to fit with luigi´s legs
but i still got the .max of him anyway i want to do atleast one disney char. so here is them im possible will do in the near future:
perry the platypus(snake with resize mode cuz of he is like a agent as perry is)
kim possible over ZSS or peach or zelda(biggest chance for peach since i never use ZSS/zelda)
goofy over captain falcon(classic styled not KH)
Iago from aladdin(Yoshi since i already got a 50% done .max of him)
aladdin over captain falcon or snake
cuz i am a big disney char.(almost as big as i am a DBZ fanboy) but never really made any disney hacks but always was close to make one

brawl needs more disney now :D and i dont think i am the only one who agree on that
Try Yoshi.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
>Vertex Donald's body to match Luigi.
>Create size-mod to shorten parts.

Done.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
i dont think that will be good for donald
anyway i just needing to vertex donald´s legs alittle better
but right now i do progress on Geno:
I'm interested in seeing how well this will all animate. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

If doing that prsonally I'd move the bones rather than move the vertices.
I'm pretty sure that only works well with models already in Brawl. But if I'm wrong about that, then definitely. It's what I did with Rayquaza and it took hardly any time to line everything up.

Granted, it ended up being pointless due to me having no idea what I'm doing with 3DS, but still.

Top Bottom