• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Can someone help me with changing ZSS' Animations?

Like, changing animations in general?

Because currently, I don't know what to do.

Also, the difference between RShoulderN and RShoulderJ?

Brawlbox is making me angry. Nothing I edit makes sense when I test it.

EDIT: How would I go about making her Smaller? I want to make her about 3/4 her normal size.
What do you mean it doesn't make sense? You're changing the rotation and not the translation, right?
RShoulderN includes the collarbone area for that side, while RShoulderJ is strictly the arm.
The attribute below Weight in PSA is size.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean it doesn't make sense? You're changing the rotation and not the translation, right?
RShoulderN includes the collarbone area for that side, while RShoulderJ is strictly the arm.
The attribute below Weight in PSA is size.
Oh, okay. I was changing Translation. That will make a LOT of difference. Thanks.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Oh, okay. I was changing Translation. That will make a LOT of difference. Thanks.
Heh, no prob. I made the exact same mistake when I first tried to edit animations.
Translation is for the bone size. If you want to fit one character's animation to another character's body frame, THAT's when you would mess with the translation, and even then you would just be copying the translations from frame 0 onto frame 1 (don't mess with HipN or anything above that except for XRotN [which is the character's height above the ground]).
Also, keep this in mind: if you want to change an animation, you don't necessarily have to change every frame, but any bone rotations in yellow determine where that bone is moving to.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Heh, no prob. I made the exact same mistake when I first tried to edit animations.
Translation is for the bone size. If you want to fit one character's animation to another character's body frame, THAT's when you would mess with the translation, and even then you would just be copying the translations from frame 0 onto frame 1 (don't mess with HipN or anything above that except for XRotN [which is the character's height above the ground]).
Also, keep this in mind: if you want to change an animation, you don't necessarily have to change every frame, but any bone rotations in yellow determine where that bone is moving to.
Okay, thank you. I was trying to edit ZSS' ponytail earlier, and I kept changing the translation.

With this knowledge, I GO FORTH!!!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Alright; here it is. my "Midna's Helmet" stage released...
BUT I added something extra that I know you will like.

CHOOSE WHICH MIDNA:

^DOWNLOAD^
^Something very odd though, after finishing this stage, the total file size was 666 KB.^ :confused:

^DOWNLOAD^
^Sadly enough, Midna's hair color can not be changed as a regular texture could be.^

And so to anyone, I would not mind if you change midna's texture for your own creations as well, go wild and be creative. :laugh:

Enjoy!​
WOW... O_O
That's amazing.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Could someone make a mirror of those Midna stages, cause mediafire seems to be broken :\

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Okay, thank you. I was trying to edit ZSS' ponytail earlier, and I kept changing the translation.

With this knowledge, I GO FORTH!!!
If you're trying to make it a tail, then that would actually be the translation, at least on the base of the ponytail... x_x

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I read this earlier but forgot to answer it.

To get the background working, just move the stage area towards the screen so it will be behind the screen when you play (you'll still be able to see it if you zoom out a lot...), you should probably also scale it about x2 on it's Z axis.

As for the stage, just scale it's X axis a bit and keep testing until it works.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look into this, it might not work. I didn't realize the stage and background don't have any animations... Does anyone know if it works if they just try scaling the model itself? I haven't tried this yet.
thanks for the advice. i'll give it a try :)

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Okay, this is probably a REALLY dumb question, but how do I rotate the model in the Model Editor? I'm making an Adventures Krystal texture, but I need to see the back...

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Where would you like the files to be uploaded at? Mediafire is the only place I know of.
There's always MegaUpload, but I think you'd need an account for that. If so, I'll just wait for Mediafire to come back up.

EDIT: Mediafire's working again, I guess it was just taking its time loading =p

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I would like a favor to ask.
Would it be possible to Swap models without swapping their bones, or more specifically, give a character or model another one's bones(like to give Gray Fox's model Marth's bones) in a future release?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I would like a favor to ask.
Would it be possible to Swap models without swapping their bones, or more specifically, give a character or model another one's bones(like to give Gray Fox's model Marth's bones) in a future release?
I don't believe that is possible as an automatic function. Either it would have to reattach the bones to the new model (not automatable) or it would leave you with a model that cannot be manipulated at best. (Worst case it would leave you with an unrecognizable clump of polygons.)

Instead we should hope for the ability to add new bones, even if they are unattached to the actual model. Even better would be the ability to edit Bone Indexes freely, though that may also be implausible due to the bone structures...

Anyway, on an unrelated note, that new sound style looks awesome, Kryal. Thank you for remaining dedicated to this project even after so long.

ChaosofST

Smash Cadet
Now THAT'S funny. XD

Yeah it was. The watered down 100% ****ty version was anyways. If you wanted an actual game that was good, challenging and fun, you got the PS3/360 version. :3
True it was alot better for the PS3/360 >.> man I really need that data. I also have another question I'm trying to get the green chaos emerald by itself would I delete everything else such as colors for the other emeralds?
Also if anyone knows where trophy files are that would help alot

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Now that we have article swapping, someone has GOT to make a Sword Kirby moveset using Ganon's sword article.

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
Alright; here it is. my "Midna's Helmet" stage released...
BUT I added something extra that I know you will like.

CHOOSE WHICH MIDNA:

^DOWNLOAD^
^Something very odd though, after finishing this stage, the total file size was 666 KB.^ :confused:

^DOWNLOAD^
^Sadly enough, Midna's hair color can not be changed as a regular texture could be.^

And so to anyone, I would not mind if you change midna's texture for your own creations as well, go wild and be creative. :laugh:

Enjoy!​
Are the edges fixed? I believe it required some knowledge of editing collison data to fix it up. If it's needed, would someone with that knowledge mind spreading some holiday cheer and give it a shot? coughcoughPhantomWingscough

EDIT: This stage looks freaking amazing. Great work!

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Just wow... I never knew how much hype this would get. Phantom Wings, no need to do it yourself if you get the desire to do so on this stage. Teach mii and I'll fix it, just like how we talked about Super codes... good memories...

On an other note: Is it possible to make Meta Knight have one eye? I've seen some but I would like to know.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Just having a bit of fun:

It doesn't look good in motion though, just in pictures :p

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
You know what, screw it, I'll make the Sword Kirby myself :3

And I can't wait until that Midna stage is truly finished~

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Wait...Kuro! Can you remove the scarf completely!? D: *extreme fanspasmgasm*

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys ^_^
Working on... A Dr. Mario animation! Will post screens soon.

It's the one where he is like this:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You cannot. It would leave an hole in his neck. Trust me, I've messed with most characters. :p
I don't trust you. XD

Only because in the picture, even though the scarf is behind him, he doesn't have a hole in his neck or anything. Do keep in mind that when we say scarf, we mean the extended part flowing everywhere. Not what's around his neck. Or are you saying that we can't remove that part without removing the part around his neck too? If that's the case, how in the name of Hillary Duff on a stick did Kuro put the scarf behind Falcon? -.o'

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I don't trust you. XD

Only because in the picture, even though the scarf is behind him, he doesn't have a hole in his neck or anything. Do keep in mind that when we say scarf, we mean the extended part flowing everywhere. Not what's around his neck. Or are you saying that we can't remove that part without removing the part around his neck too? If that's the case, how in the name of Hillary Duff on a stick did Kuro put the scarf behind Falcon? -.o'
Er, the yellow thing? That's Mario's Cape. XD Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking.

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
i have a question for anyone who can possibly help me. i used the target level one background on battlefield, but the stage itself still shows up, trying to delete the polygons didn't work for me, so i took the textures for the stage part and made transparent versions with photoshop, but brawl freezes when i try to load up the stage. what am i doing wrong?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm staring at Captain Falcon in game right now because he keeps randomly saying "C'MON!" and "YES!" on the result screen due to being Onslaught Falcon. XD

The texture looks much more like his scarf due to the shading. And even then, if it IS Mario's cape, then where the heck is the scarf at?

Revven

FrankerZ
He likely stretched and moved the scarf to the back to get it to look like a cape. Mario's cape is yellower, smaller, and thinner.

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
Ok, so since I don't know how to use BrawlBox, I'm posting a stage idea here for someone to hopefully adopt and accomplish. Since we can turn trophies into stages, how about we take the Andross trophy: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/ssb/images/6/69/Andross_Trophy.jpg
and use one of the squares as the stage (and delete the rest of the trophy). ALSO, in the background, have Andross flying around shooting his squares (which wouldn't hurt you since it's just the background animation). I don't even know if it's actually possible, but I just think it'd be sweet. Possible?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
^^My thoughts exactly, but is it only a texture? If not, would it be a simple conversion to put this into the "Captain Yes" moveset? I refuse to go without that :p

n64billy

Smash Ace
Besides Midna's Helmet, I am making a MetaKnight texture and would like to know this, if at all no one saw this tiny sentence.
An older version of ASH a while back, when you ran step two, for some reason only gave Metaknight one eye. (His left eye) Try using ASH..... 1.3 (I think) or lower and see how that goes

Top Bottom