• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kryal

Smash Ace
Alright, here's a (sort of) look at my problem. I made the BG Black, the circles blue and the GROUP button blue with a black outline, but what's queer is I can't change the Xs to anything but red because every other color either turns transparent or some other color. Blue always goes transparent.

Also, look at the text when it's not highlighted. That was me trying to make it white transparency like the other CLR0s have it. Exactly copypasted over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b_9FclsMP4&feature=player_embedded
Sorry, I meant to reply in my last post but I got carried away :bee:. Remember that the mask is applied to the original color before adding the frame color. So, if your mask is all zero (including alpha) then nothing will be left of the original color. Then, the frame color is added. Maybe send the CLR0 file and I can see what you're doing.

EDIT:

Also, the menu textures use the IA formats, which don't store any color data. There's no need to change the textures unless you want to change the shapes.

Shugotenshi

Smash Cadet
When I go through the process of converting my MP3 to bstrm, the audio appears VERY quiet when it plays in-game :/ I turned it up to Max Volume, or 1.0 in Audacity already and amplified the sound. Is there any other way to increase the volume of the actual audio file? I dont want to increase the music volume in the in-game setting because that increases all music, including the default brawl music. So if by chance, the stage chooses those songs, they'll be pretty loud compared to the custom music hehe

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey Kryal, I really don't want to be annoying by harassing you with a feature request, but I also want to make sure my post wasn't missed among the other posts.

Kryal, I'd like to make a feature request: specifically, it would be fantastic if there were a way to copy only the Translation fields of a bone. This would be incredibly useful even if it only copied the translations for one bone for one frame.

This would be useful because in order to make one character's animation "fit" another character, all you have to do in most cases is edit the translations to be more or less the same.

I would be more than content even if this function weren't even a proper button (considering how tough it would be to fit) but were instead some key command. Like Shift+Ctrl+C or something.

Anyway, regardless, BrawlBox is still amazing, so I can deal even if the above isn't an option.
I'm cool even if this is never implemented, I just wanted to be sure you knew it was requested.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
So....I couldn't help but notice that Luigi has hair under that hat of his....Is this ever used ingame?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
@wilttilt

Methinks its for that Wait anim where he scratches the back of his head, which lifts up his hat, showing a little of his hair. SO they'd have to have a model for at least a little of the hair, I don't know why they'd do all of it.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
It would be neat to utilize that in some way....*thinks*

And his hat appears to have polygons as well...*thinks more*

EDIT: Maybe they modeled all of it for Mr. G&W's Final Smash trophy....

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
It would be neat to utilize that in some way....*thinks*

And his hat appears to have polygons as well...*thinks more*

EDIT: Maybe they modeled all of it for Mr. G&W's Final Smash trophy....
There'd better be a way to use Luigi's hair! I've been staring at it in Brawlbox for months!

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Maybe they modeled all of it for Mr. G&W's Final Smash trophy....
This was my only conclusion. It's really odd they actually modeled it just for that rather than having his hat on.

To be more on topic...

To Kryal:

I believe I've mentioned that scaling the stages screw up the textures, and it's worth noting that simply scaling it back fixes nothing. Sorry if you already knew about this, but you never mentioned it before, so wanted to be sure you knew.

Kryal

Smash Ace
This was my only conclusion. It's really odd they actually modeled it just for that rather than having his hat on.

To be more on topic...

To Kryal:

I believe I've mentioned that scaling the stages screw up the textures, and it's worth noting that simply scaling it back fixes nothing. Sorry if you already knew about this, but you never mentioned it before, so wanted to be sure you knew.
I don't know what causes it yet. I doubt it's the scaling because it happens at other seemingly random times. Send me the file if you could.

Does this mean there's no fix? I know it's a minor bug, but it's annoying.
Just fixed it.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I can do hatless Luigi for you guys if you want to. Easy work. Also, I've just finished a texture that took me hours to do, and I'll be working on something related to Link. Video soon.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I can do hatless Luigi for you guys if you want to. Easy work. Also, I've just finished a texture that took me hours to do, and I'll be working on something related to Link. Video soon.
Don't forget to share the model w/ the good people of Kitty Corp: Meow Mix

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps a taunt for Luigi in which he attempts to be like Mario, but fails and drops his hat.....

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hatless Luigi done, textures done, menu test done, CSPs done, almost there! Gotta convert two BRSTMs then record.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Kryal, do you have any documentation on polygon types for models?

I want to change ZakoBoy, ZakoGirl and ZakoChild's polygon4 sections to use regular triangles, instead of whatever it is that they currently use.

The idea is to find some method to allow them to work with Pharrox's converter.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
How's your Koopaling stage project coming along, by the way?
I have finished them , but haven't implemented into the stage yet.

Also, bad news guys, Hatless Luigi messes up. It shows as the glitch I once had with my code-made Mewtwo back in the days. It lags the game a lot, has no body, and you can't see crap. It's all green and blue everywhere, unless you zoom in. Not sure what I did wrong, as in Brawl Box the hat was removed perfectly. I'll give it to anyone who's willing to mess with it.

Uploading the video as we speak.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I also heavily agree with Eldiran's feature request.
Thanks; now I feel better about reposting it.

Also, bad news guys, Hatless Luigi messes up. It shows as the glitch I once had with my code-made Mewtwo back in the days. It lags the game a lot, has no body, and you can't see crap. It's all green and blue everywhere, unless you zoom in. Not sure what I did wrong, as in Brawl Box the hat was removed perfectly. I'll give it to anyone who's willing to mess with it.

This kind of stuff should probably be talked about in the BrawlBox showcase thread.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Kryal, do you have any documentation on polygon types for models?

I want to change ZakoBoy, ZakoGirl and ZakoChild's polygon4 sections to use regular triangles, instead of whatever it is that they currently use.

The idea is to find some method to allow them to work with Pharrox's converter.
Polygons are a collection of 'primitives'. Each primitive may have one of seven data formats, so converting them may be a little tricky. I still plan on making the model builder.

UPDATE

Things are slowly coming together, and now I feel I have more time for things like this:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Would there by any chance be a way to preview the whole menu with color changes in BBox when we edit the CLR0s? If not, that's OK.

Kryal

Smash Ace

Kryal, please tell us the truth. Are you the matrix?
No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...

Would there by any chance be a way to preview the whole menu with color changes in BBox when we edit the CLR0s? If not, that's OK.
There may eventually be a menu editing feature with animation previews and such. Maybe when I get the rendering refined, but that might be a while.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Wow! The collision editor looks fantastic Kryal! Great work

Don't feel down Dantarion! You are doing fantastically well with BrawlWall so far.

EDIT:
....Will points also be editable in this way as well?
Incase you can't see, underneath the planes boxes, are an X and Y for point 1 and 2. Those are what move the parts around.

Point 1 is one side of the 'line', and point 2 is the other, with an X and Y co-ordinate for each.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Wow! The collision editor looks fantastic Kryal! Great work

Don't feel down Dantarion! You are doing fantastically well with BrawlWall so far.

EDIT:

Incase you can't see, underneath the planes boxes, are an X and Y for point 1 and 2. Those are what move the parts around.

Point 1 is one side of the 'line', and point 2 is the other, with an X and Y co-ordinate for each.
Oh, aye, though I meant points as in spawn points or Final Smash points.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Okay, I've discovered the truth. Kryal was working with Nintendo for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and because he got removed of the main team for asking to make Sakurai playable, he decided to fake being a member of this community and slowly showing what he has learned from working with them, while he actually knows everything in secret.

Haha. You'll never cease to amaze me.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Gah, way to do exactly what I'm doing :(

I guess I can just help put all the BrawllWall features into BrawlBox.
:( though
I believe Kryal is going to make BrawlBox the ALL-in-one Brawl editor. That is what I see. Seems pretty interesting though. Though you made a collision editor first, so Kryal probably took some info from BrawlWall. A guess as well, though.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
polygons Are A Collection Of 'primitives'. Each Primitive May Have One Of Seven Data Formats, So Converting Them May Be A Little Tricky. I Still Plan On Making The Model Builder.

update

Things Are Slowly Coming Together, And Now I Feel I Have More Time For Things Like This:

DOOOOOOOOOOO WANTTTTTTTTTTTT

KRYAL YOU'RE SO AMAZING THAT IM BYPASSING ALLCAPS FOR THIS **** xP

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I can't say it wouldn't be convenient as heck to be able to actually see the model *** you map out the collision.

This will be so handy for my attempt of fixing all the Melee stages as well(Including the side roofs in Onett catching you when you jump).

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Sorry, I meant to reply in my last post but I got carried away :bee:. Remember that the mask is applied to the original color before adding the frame color. So, if your mask is all zero (including alpha) then nothing will be left of the original color. Then, the frame color is added. Maybe send the CLR0 file and I can see what you're doing.

EDIT:

Also, the menu textures use the IA formats, which don't store any color data. There's no need to change the textures unless you want to change the shapes.
Yes, I tried fully transparent mask, non-transparent, and even a different color. All give the same result.

I tried tweaking the flags, but those just cause things to flash constantly, if you are using Flag1 or 2 at least. You need Flag1 and IsSolid1.

I'll send you the mu_menumain.pac then.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Kryal, I was wondering, do you happen to know why my Hat-less Luigi messes up the game? I do know how to remove Polygons, as I've done it a few times, the preview also showed Luigi without his hat, but in-game, it's just a bunch of messed up green and blue spots, and when you zoom in, it lags a lot, and Luigi has no body/face.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Kryal, I was wondering, do you happen to know why my Hat-less Luigi messes up the game? I do know how to remove Polygons, as I've done it a few times, the preview also showed Luigi without his hat, but in-game, it's just a bunch of messed up green and blue spots, and when you zoom in, it lags a lot, and Luigi has no body/face.
I just tried deleting that polygon with the automatic polygon deleter and I keep getting errors in Brawl Box. It tells me that the value cannot be null for some reason. :dizzy:

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet

Why not make Luigi's hat textures invisible instead?

Top Bottom