• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snail

Smash Lord
Why does selecting Samus suddenly turn every match into a massive tripfest? >_<
Will the next official version have texture codes? Because I have no idea how to add them myself xD I'm a complete newb at this.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
because you're PAL. and PAL is weird with samus. Samus makes everything trip constantly.

and seriously, I have a guide on how to do your own gct in the code requests thread.

and there is a the textures without iso hacking thread...

Snail

Smash Lord
Eh yeah, but I haven't figured out how to edit the Brawl + codes to include texture hacks. I'll find your guide though, thanks (:

PAL is gayyyyy

Where can I find the original codeset so I can edit it to include the texture hacks code?

Almas

Smash Lord
Okay, I have given thread ownership to Shanus as I'm somewhat out of touch with Brawl+, and with the official nature of the new version (5.0 RC1), it seems appropriate for it to be posted here.

Please follow the rules that are described in the second post: This thread should be used solely for well constructed, informed criticism from a competitive viewpoint, and responses to these from WBR members, as well as detailed bug reports. A bug is an error that you can reproduce on other systems, and is not unique to your Wii, TV or Disk. This is not a tech support thread.

Thank you.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
GHNeko said:
The hitbox is smaller and kirby nado is only legit in Kirby vs MK or 2 v 2s where MK is a player. If it is highly spammable, it doesnt really matter as a competent MK will deal with it on 1 v 1 with his own nado and high priority moves and you've got 2 players who can easily remove the power from Kirby in 2 v 2s.
kirby MK team means you have a character that can gimp anybody and a character with a spammable tornado that can chase anywhere, do 26% every time and is practically unDI-able. as far as the size of the tornado is concerned, its practically the same as MK's in that it can still hit, can still fly anywhere on the screen, and can still kill a person off the top (which is very easy to set up with MK/Kirby team). if you're just going to leave it in, then why not just make MK's tornado like its vBrawl form because its essentially the same thing. size, priority, damage, all of it is exactly like MK with the added bonus of having vBrawl's mobility/chasing ability.

Magus420

Smash Master
It doesn't work with Brawl physics, everybody slides far too much. Brawl's airdodge is one of the things that differentiates it from Melee.
WD is broken in Brawl.
There's little lag when you land during an AD in Brawl, compared to Melee's 10 frames. Combined with the longer slides, it makes WD too good. And it doesn't fit in Brawl+.
Even if WD is fixed, it still will not be added in because we already have the Brawl AD in B+ for a long while, and adding in WD will mess up the balance.
WDing in Brawl not having enough landlag and sliding too far aren't really valid points anymore btw, as with PSA there is a friction function to adjust exactly how much you slide during the action and a conditional could always be used to give however much lag you wanted if landing during a smash/directional air dodge.

If you wanted, you could make a pretty polished version of a hybrid airdodge with balanced properties. However yes, balancing the characters with the new options it would open up for them would not be as easy. Some rebalancing with a test change in game mechanics isn't a foreign concept either though, such as lower hitstun + physics and IASA adjustments, lower gravity air dodges, etc. If nothing else I really like the platform and edge techniques adding a smash/directional AD option would give.

shanus

Smash Hero
WDing in Brawl not having enough landlag and sliding too far aren't really valid points anymore btw, as with PSA there is a friction function to adjust exactly how much you slide during the action and a conditional could always be used to give however much lag you wanted if landing during a smash/directional air dodge.

If you wanted, you could make a pretty polished version of a hybrid airdodge with balanced properties. However yes, balancing the characters with the new options it would open up for them would not be as easy. Some rebalancing with a test change in game mechanics isn't a foreign concept either though, such as lower hitstun + physics and IASA adjustments, lower gravity air dodges, etc. If nothing else I really like the platform and edge techniques adding a smash/directional AD option would give.
When we have a better understanding of fighter.pac and can insert lines into it, I might make this just for fun.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I haven't been able to keep up with hacks due to RL, but I recently noticed that Brawl+ can now be played with pac files. does it need the codeset to work ? is the codeset unplayable without them? what advantages does one get from using pac files compared to the codeset if it does work? what about SA characters and other edited motion pac's?

iLink

Smash Champion
^ You need both the codeset and the pac files.

Also, is it me or is snake's nair really easy to escape now? I managed to escape 3 nairs that would have otherwise ko'd me by just jumping.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
^ You need both the codeset and the pac files.
seriously now? this sucks... I just recently filled up My SD with textures and don't have much room left unless I want to delete my emulators... (my SD memory is small since my good one got lost.) so how do I set up the new brawl with my custom codeset? and what do I do if I wanna keep SA characters like mewtwo and roy or effets like blue ROB lasers?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
seriously now? this sucks... I just recently filled up My SD with textures and don't have much room left unless I want to delete my emulators... (my SD memory is small since my good one got lost.) so how do I set up the new brawl with my custom codeset? and what do I do if I wanna keep SA characters like mewtwo and roy or effets like blue ROB lasers?
you can't keep roy/mewtwo and rob laser should be a fitmotionetc.pac so it shouldn't matter. if it is a character.pac, however, you'll have to get rid of it.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Just use the installer or pre-made pack...

And if you want to keep those characters, just copy and paste them to a different folder (a backup folder for instance), run the Brawl+ installer, and then overwrite the PAC's it downloaded with the PAC's from your backup folder.

They won't be the Brawl+ characters, so just be wary of that.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
smashbox sucks for making textures. >.> I personally prefer the old ASH "Step 2: Create" method. >.>

Dan_X

Smash Lord
WDing in Brawl not having enough landlag and sliding too far aren't really valid points anymore btw, as with PSA there is a friction function to adjust exactly how much you slide during the action and a conditional could always be used to give however much lag you wanted if landing during a smash/directional air dodge.*

You know Magus, I've thought of this too. Originally people passed off any possibility of the Hybrid system as it was too many lines. They also said that it doesn't work in Brawl, that it's not balanced. The thing is, not only do we not have a line limit, but we also have the ability to make something as balanced as we want to. I'm not saying conclusively that I want this to be part of Brawl+, I understand the stigma surrounding the idea. I'd love to try it out myself for fun.

I'm happy Phanom Wings made the Hybrid Airdodge code, he really did an amazing job with it.

"If nothing else I really like the platform and edge techniques adding a smash/directional AD option would give"

I agree, Magus. I think this could make the game really interesting. *

In the event that this was implemented for fun, who knows, the community could agree it's a nice addition to Brawl+. There's no point to argueing either. Don't knock it 'till you try it, and who knows if we'll ever try it?

@shanus: I'd love to try a Hybrid System, even if just for fun. If you end up making a mock up I'd absolutely love to help you test it. ;D

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
King Dedede
Fsmash
-Trips; 10x Size (this hitbox can only hit characters that are touching the ground
....Wait, did I read this correctly? King Dedede's Fsmash is now the size of FD?

Also, since apparently all the melee stuff is coming back, such as DJC for Yoshi and JC shines for Fox... How about a good ol' fashioned super-powered, non-aura based early-killing Uthrow for Lucario? *hinthint*

Alphatron

Smash Champion
smashbox sucks for making textures. >.> I personally prefer the old ASH "Step 2: Create" method. >.>
Extract, edit, replace. It's pretty much the same thing. Only smashbox didn't delete itself and 1/3 of my desktop after failing to work. And no, ASH wasn't on the desktop at all.

IC3R

Smash Lord
and maybe we should make a melee 2.0, just to prove that B+ isnt melee 2.0
Snap.

Sounds good to me (just as long as Kirby doesn't nerfed to hell).

Okay, just a little side thing, but what the heck do "flags" do?
Like, I think on Capt. Falcon's Down-B, it says the flags were changed from "xxx1xxxx" to "xxx3xxxx". What in the world does that mean?

Cero

Smash Lord
Are we ever going to implement 64 style taunt-canceling?

I'm hoping it's not too out of the question since aesthetic changes such as Wario's coin pummel and Toon Link's d-air aura sweetspot have already been put in...

Revven

FrankerZ
This topic is not for the purpose of discussing changes. PLEASE refer to Almas's post to SEE what this thread is for.

Let's keep the pages to a minimum people.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Considering I play more 64 than Melee, it kinda bugs me. <_<
Considering I play more Melee than 64... No wait, it does bug me.

On a serious note, I LOVE how Marth turned out! Great job guys!
The balance between most characters is getting more and more clear.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Kita, one of the sourspot hitboxes on the fsmash was turned into a 'quake' hitbox that causes anyone touching ground within a 5-mile radius to trip

and maybe we should make a melee 2.0, just to prove that B+ isnt melee 2.0
Can you do it to Lucario's Fsmash next? :3

D1

Banned via Administration
I most definitely can't wait to try out Sheik in the latest build! Is there an application of some sort to join the backroom? I'd like to discuss further certain things in minute detail w/o messing w/ any part of the game. I shall be playing RC1 5.0 w/ Glick, Guru, Blackanese, Skip, Silven, and Shin this Sunday.

Sheik for life! Any questions/problems I have I can post here correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom