• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlScape v0.06 - *SSE stages added*

Kryal

Smash Ace
Well, I'm only changing CSP's and items, nothing else. So, I imported this Dr. Mario CSP I made, and it works perfectly, nothing at all wrong. I put the SD Card back in my PC, added a few more CSP's (I believe it was only one for Link, lucario, and pikachu) And when I clicked on group brawl, it just hung there.As for the items, I edited the super and poison mushrooms, and when I loaded the game, it never got past the strap loader!
Okay, as for the CSPs: is has nothing to do with the data and everything to do with the data size. I've replaced textures here and there and had some successes and some failures. I found that if the game froze, I had to switch out the CSP with a simpler texture. Basically I tested this by deleting the bottom half of the image, and the game loaded fine afterwords.

My assumption: the game expects to allocate a certain amount of memory for the CSP files. If the CSP collection has a total size larger than this amount the game will freeze up. This is probably why CUPASH only accepts a small amount of colors.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Great program! it makes it much easier to identify what I think I am editing.
I have one suggestion though. Is it possible to have an "export all textures" option? The only reason why I say this is because with characters with over ten texture files to handle, it gets tedious to save each one individually. Right now with characters, it is no big deal, but with stage support in the future, I don't think I would have the patience to save each of 200 castle siege textures individually.
Other than that, awesome job!

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
i agree with the stickman...extract all would be a great feature,
and replace all would be a great addition too.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Okay, as for the CSPs: is has nothing to do with the data and everything to do with the data size. I've replaced textures here and there and had some successes and some failures. I found that if the game froze, I had to switch out the CSP with a simpler texture. Basically I tested this by deleting the bottom half of the image, and the game loaded fine afterwords.

My assumption: the game expects to allocate a certain amount of memory for the CSP files. If the CSP collection has a total size larger than this amount the game will freeze up. This is probably why CUPASH only accepts a small amount of colors.

Oh ok. Hmm... so I'll try just deleting the bottom of the images then, thanks. Also, about Common3, I still have no idea whats wrong with that... plus, where can I import the "Capsule" item textures? theres no capsule icon, but I need for my PSA Dr. Mario- his Pills.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I know, it doesn't make sense. Considering the unpacked textures take up the same amount of memory no matter what you do, but the packed sc_selcharacter file cannot expand. I've tested this by putting the file in menu2\sc_selcharacter.pac instead of using common5 and it still freezes. However, if I take that same texture and erase half of it, the sc_selcharacter file size is smaller and it works.

I imagine common3 has the same issue. I've replaced a few textures without freezing, however the file size shrank a bit. I wonder if this can be fixed with codes...

Working on getting other item textures in, even though they don't have icons.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I know, it doesn't make sense. Considering the unpacked textures take up the same amount of memory no matter what you do, but the packed sc_selcharacter file cannot expand. I've tested this by putting the file in menu2\sc_selcharacter.pac instead of using common5 and it still freezes. However, if I take that same texture and erase half of it, the sc_selcharacter file size is smaller and it works.

I imagine common3 has the same issue. I've replaced a few textures without freezing, however the file size shrank a bit. I wonder if this can be fixed with codes...

Working on getting other item textures in, even though they don't have icons.
Ahh I see, ok. Well, Maybe its just the sd method thats bad. im trying to find a good pack of blank dvds that are 8GB (For Brawl) but all I see is 4.7 GB ones...

Kryal

Smash Ace
Stock photos might be broken, and if you do replace them they won't work. Sorry! I keep finding places where these stock photos hide. There are at least 5 locations that have stock photos. I don't know why they couldn't just use the ones in common5!

The same goes for character and stage icons, but it's not nearly as bad.

Kryal

Smash Ace
New Version.
Name strips added.
More items added.
Stage icons added.
Okay, I think I have fixed the stock icons. The program now saves them to three locations.
If you use a 'sc_selcharacter.pac' file, the program will look for that first and use it.
And of course, more stability.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Stock photos might be broken, and if you do replace them they won't work.
funny i came here to report an error... but you already posted errors might happen...
no apologies nessesary, i thought this was in test faze and expected 'somethin' ...
but still great and i am glad your making these things for guys like me with no knowledge of such things...
(i still have smashbox and love it, and this is a great start for brawlscape,in my opinion)
-=-=-
eh,yeah...
i normaly add alot of pic's then test but for some reason i never realy added any stockpic's with brawlscape only 1 stockpic(but exporteded many textures)

anyway now
the TronMario stockpic added to the common5.pac works for startup of the classic mode but now my game freezes after i win 1st match

and if it does freeze,i can get 'quick push' to yellowlight/off,
(wiierd normaly a freeze means i have to hold poweroff to redlight/off)
but the next game startup has to come from redlight/off cause the yellowlight/off just freezes the game on startup,instantly, never getting to see the straploader screen.

optionaly i tried loading rite to classic mode then saw the stockpic of tronmario i added with brawlscape and then removed the sd card started the 1st match and played without flaw
to stage 11 where i died went back to classic mode selct screen stockpic remained but game worked fine??? (wiierd, is the 1 stockpic realy my problem??)
haha i then put the memory card back in after all that and 1st fight won freezes again...blah
-=-=-
i re-read lots too, like comments here, and
thanx i will try the delete bottem half of my CSP's (that froze the game) to see if it will help, so i can add them to the game,without it freezing.
-=-=-=-
edit...wow by the time i could finish typing you release another ... great work and support, i think your doing great work.
nice new stage icon selection and added items without icons great update...thankyou.
-=-=-
more edit=dam, geuss i got some figuring out to do,
i added the same stockpic of tronmario as posted above but with the new BrawlScapev4 and i cant even start the game now not even to straploaderscreen.

can you tell me the other 2 locations of the infstc.pictures please? (becides the char_bust_text_lz77) type[90]

Kryal

Smash Ace
If you're experiencing problems you can also use the restore button to bring back the original textures. It may help in finding out where the problem lies.

I've noticed that after using any sort of loader it's best to do a full shutdown of the wii. Soft resets seem to cause problems for me.

Kryal

Smash Ace
can you tell me the other 2 locations of the infstc.pictures please? (becides the char_bust_text_lz77) type[90]
system\common5.pac - sc_selmap_en/Type1[40]
stage\melee\STGRESULT.PAC - Type1[120]

If you use a 'menu2\sc_selcharacter.pac' it will also be in there.

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
I am assuming you are referring to the ISO, however, I am still a bit confused, I see data on there but I cannot save it. I can only save 1 file at a time and it won't let me save the whole folder. so tell me what I need to do

stickman

Smash Apprentice
I am assuming you are referring to the ISO, however, I am still a bit confused, I see data on there but I cannot save it. I can only save 1 file at a time and it won't let me save the whole folder. so tell me what I need to do
you need to extract each file one by one. You are doing it correctly

Kryal

Smash Ace
In WiiScrubber, Extract Partition. Trucha, Extract recursive. You don't have to do all the files one by one.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
In WiiScrubber, Extract Partition. Trucha, Extract recursive. You don't have to do all the files one by one.
But when you save a partition in wiiscrubber, it saves as an img file, doesnt it?
nevermind, I hit save partition last time i did that. Thanks for the tip!

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Does my computer need to read the Brawl disc to extract it?
most likely your computer will not be able to read the brawl disk. You need to have the iso (disk image) on your computer for WiiScrubber or Trucha to extract the files.

If you need the iso, then Google is your friend

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
seriously, you need to explain it more clearly and I see more than one partition.

Tell me the exact path to these two files I need to extract. please.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Trucha can read files directly from the disc, but you need the security keys. There are tutorials out there that cover this.

The partition is RSBE, the second one. If you open it up you'll notice it has a ton of files in it. In Trucha you have to find the ROOT directory and extract it.

You need all of the game files, except for the movies.

You can also find some files here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238697

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
Why does it have to be so **** complicated ...sigh ok...

where can I find Trucha? the RSBE in the SD Card or in the ISO? im confused.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Google 'Trucha Tutorial' and go to the first link. It will explain how to set up the program, and it also has links. You can then open the game disc directly or use an ISO. Open the second item called RSBE, scroll down to the ROOT folder. Right-click -> extract recursive.

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
Sigh, as I try to proceed forward I have yet again found myself in a snag....here is some information about some of my items before I tell you my issue now.

The SSBB ISO have is called "SSBB_Scrubbed_001FIX_NTSC2PAL_DVD5.iso"

This is the key I typed in to activate the Trucha. "8D1A2EBCD82A3469B77FACF15D9C8E50"

I followed the guide and whenever I try to open up the ISO i get this message "Error Decrypting Data"
I am also not sure what this Key.bin thingy is.

Yet again, trapped. ugh I am so frustrated with this. I can't believe how badly I want custom CSS and Battle portraits but I really make my textures I downloaded feel more complete and it is such a pain =(

Please, you gotta make this easy for me.

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
Maybe its because of too many colors, but I get really low-res CSS icons (not the CSP).

Other than that, awesome job with BrawlScape. There was a glitch with the Smashball item in pre-release version (where the smashball textures would overlap each other ), and I am just about to check on verison .04 - Will edit comment after testing.

EDIT: Editing Items through BrawlScape gives me a ridiculous compress of around 1.6 megabytes, when the original file is around 4.80 Megs. The game freezes upon load.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Maybe its because of too many colors, but I get really low-res CSS icons (not the CSP).

Other than that, awesome job with BrawlScape. There was a glitch with the Smashball item in pre-release version (where the smashball textures would overlap each other ), and I am just about to check on verison .04 - Will edit comment after testing.

EDIT: Editing Items through BrawlScape gives me a ridiculous compress of around 1.6 megabytes, when the original file is around 4.80 Megs. The game freezes upon load.
See if you can send me the file.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Kryal please help me!! =(
i think he should help people with his programs and you should get help from the tutorials made for the programs you need help with, but since i done this before i will show you the links for noobs....

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76657&view=findpost&p=1005253

go here read and follow tutorial to make trucha signer extract what you need
(download links work, and tutorial may seem long but it worx great)
we all learn by reading and it realy doesnt take much to read and do this, no 1 can realy spell it out better

-=-=-=-=

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4838
for wiiscrubber tutorail and all files needed

i feel for your crying here but its almost too much

: playhard,modsoft:

Top Bottom