• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlScape v0.06 - *SSE stages added*

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
you need to extract each file one by one. You are doing it correctly
haha , did you tell him that for funny?? thats awesome.
some1 told me wiiscrubber1.2 was the only safe method, but i love wiiscrubber1.4 for the speed and trucha021

If you're experiencing problems you can also use the restore button to bring back the original textures. It may help in finding out where the problem lies.

I've noticed that after using any sort of loader it's best to do a full shutdown of the wii. Soft resets seem to cause problems for me.
oh no worries about restore
(but thats a great idea)
i use backups of all my original dumps so i can always erase the mistake and grab the last working modified 'yaddayadda.pac',
with hundreds of textures replaced...i would be crazy not too.
plus i have 2 lg8164b drives (to backup my retail game so i and the boys wont reck'em)
and 2 retails of ssbb... 1 newSSBB(budy just bought 4me) and 1 oldSSBB that can still use smash.stack.
and i have 2 .iso dumps. 1 of each on my PC to play with this.
testing with usb and sd now... but iso is my ultimate goal...
... not far off nowTHANKS to you ,Kryal,
and the stickman for pointing me too your work and helping me get started.
p.s. (new wii four.two update was lame ...didnt add any new features, and the hackers beat the lame attempt to stophomebrew in less then 48hrs ,BIG N with a facepalm moment rite now)

system\common5.pac - sc_selmap_en/Type1[40]
stage\melee\STGRESULT.PAC - Type1[120]

If you use a 'menu2\sc_selcharacter.pac' it will also be in there.
nice , i found the 'sc_selmap_en/Type1[40]' today but that was it
really...'stage\melee\STGRESULT.PAC - Type1[120]', i never woulda thought
i use .ISO not sd much so i will be using 'menu2\sc_selcharacter.pac' as well

and as always thank you

i played with a few 360's today and the new halo so i didnt test much brawlscape today, but between it and smashbox , my needs are met very well.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
do i need this whole brawl iso in a folder on my computer for brawlscape to work?
no you can but
i use just some of the '2nd partion' (partion names vary upon version of wiiscrubber used or trucha)
Under 'data' grab the
-=-=-
-fighter folder
(whole or part if your only working on a few characters)

-info/portrite
(again whole or the guys your working with)

-system/common5 and,or common3
(you can even take out the 'sc_selcharacter_en' with SmashBox and use it i think)

bet im missing somethin but thats the jist

Roxas M

Smash Master
no you can but
i use just some of the '2nd partion' (partion names vary upon version of wiiscrubber used or trucha)
Under 'data' grab the
-=-=-
-fighter folder
(whole or part if your only working on a few characters)

-info/portrite
(again whole or the guys your working with)

-system/common5 and,or common3
(you can even take out the 'sc_selcharacter_en' with SmashBox and use it i think)

bet im missing somethin but thats the jist
okay.do i put all of that stuff in the root of a folder and link brawlscape to it?

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
I honestly can't get Trucha to work so is there a way i can just do it with wiiscubber?

1Zero99Lucia5

Smash Cadet
brawlscape won't run :( i have framework 3.5 and i've tried everything, all the other hack programs runs perfectly, but brawlscape doesn't =(
it always gives me this error
help please

stickman

Smash Apprentice
haha , did you tell him that for funny??
No I was actually serious. Right before Kryal's post, I spent 4 hours manually extracting every character file and other file in partition two. I learned AFTERWARDS that you can save the contents of the partition

I honestly can't get Trucha to work so is there a way i can just do it with wiiscubber?
In WiiScrubber, Extract Partition.
Please read for things more carefully

Kryal

Smash Ace
I talked about more than one file in my last post, but I assume you are talking about the item compression issue, correct?
Yes, I can look at the entire common3 file and see what went wrong.

I experienced this with an older version, but this should be fixed. Also make sure that when you download the newer version you replace both the exe and dll files.

Kryal

Smash Ace
brawlscape won't run :( i have framework 3.5 and i've tried everything, all the other hack programs runs perfectly, but brawlscape doesn't =(
it always gives me this error
help please
The security zone on your computer will not allow programs that are run remotely to access certain things (registry). Copy the files to the local hard drive and it should work.

You might also be able to set the security settings for the 'Internet' zone (in the Internet Explorer settings).

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
Hey I have a question, do I put the files in there own folder or do all the files need to be in 1 folder?

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Giving it a download. Nice work TC. Can't wait for updates.

Uh, wait, how do I get the program to show melee stages and items? What pacs do I need?

Kryal

Smash Ace
For those of you who are confused, your data folder needs to look exactly like the disc layout. It will also be the same as your SD card layout.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who are confused, your data folder needs to look exactly like the disc layout. It will also be the same as your SD card layout.

Thanks, that makes it a lot clearer, but It's going to be a pain extracting an entire brawl iso.

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
Point the program to the root of your project folder and it will find textures/files embedded inside. So, for instance: Mario's costume #2 is in 'fighter\mario\FitMario02.pac'. That path has to exist in your project folder as it would in the data folder. Same goes for common files, which need to be in the system directory.

Currently, it can't import whole costumes to the right location. That has to be done manually.
I iz confus, what exactly is supposed to go in the data folder part?

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I edited the pokeball texture, saved, copied the Common3_en.pac and put it in "X:\private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\system" and ran the latest file replacement code through gecko os. The texture was the same... So I renamed "Common3_en.pac" to "Common3.pac" and tried again. No dice. What's up?

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
how do I get to my brawl data through the computer? do I insert my disk into the hard drive to see the folders?
I tried doing this, it didn't seem to work (unless I did something wrong).

I assume this means I have to actually download Brawl...

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
I have a major problem now, I got brawlscape to work and I edit all the portraits I wanted. I saved it to the sd card and now when I boot up my game and when I try to enter the character select screen, the game freezes and goes beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I have a major problem now, I got brawlscape to work and I edit all the portraits I wanted. I saved it to the sd card and now when I boot up my game and when I try to enter the character select screen, the game freezes and goes beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
Covered in previous posts. It's a known issue.

Kryal

Smash Ace
where do I download Brawl???? I never thought of that?
Okay, posts about the brawl ISO and extracting files need to stop IMMEDIATELY. This thread is not the place to be posting about such things, and could even be considered ILLEGAL! Search elsewhere, put up posts, google, whatever. DO NOT post this in SmashBoards. If this is unclear, read the rules: http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=209&a=186.

This thread is for bug reports and support for BrawlScape. It is NOT a help forum on how to extract data files from your game discs.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Alright, I edited the pokeball texture, saved, copied the Common3_en.pac and put it in "X:\private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\system" and ran the latest file replacement code through gecko os. The texture was the same... So I renamed "Common3_en.pac" to "Common3.pac" and tried again. No dice. What's up?
You don't have to copy the file to the SD card, the program will do that for you. Make sure you click the save button when you're finished.

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
Covered in previous posts. It's a known issue.
a known issue? what is the problem! I looked in the previous posts but don't know what I am suppose to be looking for, can I fix this easily? thanks

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Okay, posts about the brawl ISO and extracting files need to stop IMMEDIATELY. This thread is not the place to be posting about such things, and could even be considered ILLEGAL! Search elsewhere, put up posts, google, whatever. DO NOT post this in SmashBoards. If this is unclear, read the rules: http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=209&a=186.

This thread is for bug reports and support for BrawlScape. It is NOT a help forum on how to extract data files from your game discs.
finaly i wondered when you where gonna tell the new users to get back on topic, and beg for other software help elsewhere, or buy the proper LG drive and dump the game themselves.

brilliantly put too, i might add.

are you planning on adding strap_en.pac support to brawlscape?
(i know i can do it with smashbox, but i am curious)

Kryal

Smash Ace
When I get to putting in menus I'll add support for the strap loader and msbin files. This would be shortly after models are rendered. Here's an update by the way:

Need to link polygons/bones and add materials, which may prove difficult...

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
wow, you guys stoop so low as to ignore those that need help sigh. but anyway, I KINDA know whats wrong now. it would seem that only certain ones will work and some will cause the game to freeze, it is very confusing and I don't know why some of them freeze my game but so far I only got a few of them to work.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
wow, great update !
i even went to the 1st post and redownloaded the last update in hopes of getting this update...haha i can wait , no problem!
thanks for the info on strap and msbin files..this just keeps getting better,im xcited

since i do all the work on the harddrive , then transfer to iso
(and i have backup of all working modified files needed)
would you recomend the direct mode? is it functional as i been leery to test it.

wow, you guys stoop so low as to ignore those that need help sigh.
??what?? i even sent you a pm saying i would help you with whatever you need thats off topic so this forum would stay on topic , then you ask me if i have aim and i reply so you ignore my reply

and you come back with that??

thats what i call low,

no 1 would ignore you if you read up and followed tutorials for the software you requesting info on.

how about asking questions in other forums about other software and stick to the brawlscape stuff here.

how rude!

Kryal

Smash Ace
Just so everyone is on the same page: CSPs and item icons work to a certain degree. If you replace them with more "complex" textures it may cause the game to freeze. When I say complex, I mean detailed with lots of colors. This is because (I'm assuming) the LZ77 compression causes the packed file to become larger than the original. The only way around it at the moment is to reduce the amount of colors BEFORE importing with BrawlScape.

There is also an issue with transparency on character/item textures, which I have yet to investigate.

Direct mode should work in theory. I've never had a chance to test it because I don't want to pollute my data store. You could try it by copying the costumes and common files all to an SD card, and point the program to use the SD card for both sources. Maybe I'll get a chance and do that this week.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Direct mode should work in theory. I've never had a chance to test it because I don't want to pollute my data store. You could try it by copying the costumes and common files all to an SD card, and point the program to use the SD card for both sources. Maybe I'll get a chance and do that this week.
ahh... ill just try it then...hope it dont wipe out my favorites or desktop...haha

i tested a program last week that did, but what the hell i still found my way back here without my favorites.haha

thanx for the quik response

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
im sorry about that guys, it was just really stressing me out and you have no idea how long I spend trying to get it to work, so im sorry. You guys have helped me a great deal and im sorry I am having such a hard time understanding what you are trying to say. its just I am not good at this kind of thing. but, so far, I got alot of the battle portraits to work, the CSP are the ones that seem to be having issues

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
How do you do stage selection portraits?
in brawlscape rite click the picture of the stage your selecting to change,
then export it, alter itwith photoshop (paint.net and gimp work too they say)
then save as .png and go back into smashscape and rite click 'said' portrait and replace

Aaron20b said:
im sorry about that guys, it was just really stressing me out and you have no idea how long I spend trying to get it to work, so im sorry. You guys have helped me a great deal and im sorry I am having such a hard time understanding what you are trying to say. its just I am not good at this kind of thing. but, so far, I got alot of the battle portraits to work, the CSP are the ones that seem to be having issues
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8317348&postcount=163
this is what i was showed at first ,reading around that post will definatly help you, kryal explains alot to me in the posts surounding that 1. so reading from pg 11 of SMASHBOX thread will definatly aid you with CSP's

also read the date of the posts ...im still working on this and i started in early august, stickman pointed me to Kryal and SMASHBOX in early sept and i still do some work on this daily, i am so noobie to pc stuff but reading and re-reading realy helps to get it through this oldtimers head

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I can't get to any characters.
I don't know how to use the data folder. Google doesn't help me.
Do I insert my brawl disc into the computer?
I can't put m brawl data into the SD card.
How am I suppose to put any of my Brawl data in the computer to start brawlscape?
Google did nothing for me. nothing! I really need help.

Top Bottom