• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brazilian Tier List

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I would mostly agree with Yoshi's placing if he wasn't higher than Luigi.

I mean, come on. Yoshi is definitely NOT better than Luigi. Luigi must be poorly represented in Brazil, because I cannot even begin to think as to how he is placed under Yoshi. =/
Truth truth truth

And Wolf is too high, Yoshi slightly too high, Ganondorf too high, Dedede's too high, Sonic and Fox too low. Peach could lose a spot or two also.

Better than Japan's last In my opinion though!

Interesting how Fox is top in Japan, but botton in brazil.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's better than the japanese tier list. And... Wolf doesn't deserve to be that high, he get's combo and chain grabbed easily, and he also has a bad recovery. Pit deserves to be higher, great recovery, spammable arrows, F-smash is strong, and has a huge hitbox (especially while walking), and has good start up and low wind down time for a smash. B-air sweetspot, is very strong for a fast aerial move.
Those are just a couple that I will mention. I don't want to write an essay about it. However, it is a better tier list than the japanese.
Wario can get CG'd and GR'd, but that doesn't stop him from being where he is on the list. Wario may be able to air camp, but Wolf has projectile. Though he probably doesn't deserve to be that high up, I don't think CG's and GR's are the reason he's not.

tekkie

Smash Master
Does anyone have videos of top Brazilian Wolves in tournament? I'm curious to see what you guys have been up to...

:059:
this. what are wolf players doing right/mk and dedede and wario and falco and just about every other really high tier doing wrong?

TheMike

Smash Lord
I'll soon post the best Brazilian videos here. Just wait. :X
For now, I'll bring some nice videos:

Grand Finals of one day @Evo South America/Anime Friends:

Wolf vs Snake(I don't remember in which matches chaud won)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMlzAU1RKM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI0hI2BJNyI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPidaJs0670&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0drP8-RZLk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqKGrNLzGX4&feature=related

There are other videos of Chaudgobay. Just seach.
And you guys can also seach for Jão Wolf. Another great Wolf player.

Ike vids:

Ike vs Pit(Evo South America/Anime Friends)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvywmPc45TI

Ike vs Snake(Friendlies)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT1LSLl5ryc

Ike vs Marth, first match only(@Super Smash Pros Tournament II)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abWiiqykTw8

Yoshi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc3YBUf-HjA&feature=related
Sorry for bad quality. This video is a little bit old. But Zero placed good at a torunament in December. I'm waiting for the videos.

One of many Luigi videos(good ones) from Mc$³³: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9u5kKfnAps&feature=related

The most decent Pokemon Trainer video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znr9zJ2_JNc
He lost this match. But I'm posting because he's the best Pokemon Trainer in Brazil, but idk if there are matches which he won.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It's not important to care about the very bottom tier characters. Neither Link, Captain Falcon or Ganon are tourney viable at all. Captain Falcon already lose to everyone, plus Ganon isn't too hard to learn unlike Captain Falcon, and tier list are based on tourney results, not how good a character is (though a potentially low tier won't be in the top tier as they are far better). And maybe in Brazil there are too many Pikachu/Sheik/ZSS/IC and that no one plays Fox.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh... I'll just wait until the new videos of Zero go up. That video that you linked is over a year old. >_>

:069:

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
How they consider Ganondorf better than Falcon is beyond me, but great find nonetheless!!!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Fox is soooo low.

Always interesting to see tier lists from other countries.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
At least Ganon doesn't require the extreme accuracy to hit that Captain Falcon needs (by far the worst hitboxes in the game). I can't find how can Ganon be considered too high just because being in a 1 spot higher than last.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
At least Ganon doesn't require the extreme accuracy to hit that Captain Falcon needs (by far the worst hitboxes in the game). I can't find how can Ganon be considered too high just because being in a 1 spot higher than last.
That may be true of Falcon, but he is much faster than Ganon. You can get around small hitboxes through practice. You cannot change Ganon's speed or his crazy lag. He may not require the same accuracy to land a hit, but a missed move for Ganon means inevitable punishment. That is not always the case for Falcon.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
and why is that?
One of the few characters to have a decent matchup with Metaknight for one. His shield is not shieldstabable, and his chaingrabs are pretty beast. But, you should know that if you play Yosh, :p lol

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
His shield sucks, though. Having no OoS options really hurts.

Like I said before, I can actually picture Yoshi being better than everyone below him. Except Luigi. Something is wrong here if Luigi is that low...

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It's not important to care about the very bottom tier characters. Neither Link, Captain Falcon or Ganon are tourney viable at all. Captain Falcon already lose to everyone, plus Ganon isn't too hard to learn unlike Captain Falcon, and tier list are based on tourney results, not how good a character is (though a potentially low tier won't be in the top tier as they are far better). And maybe in Brazil there are too many Pikachu/Sheik/ZSS/IC and that no one plays Fox.
Funny, you care about that the most.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
That may be true of Falcon, but he is much faster than Ganon. You can get around small hitboxes through practice. You cannot change Ganon's speed or his crazy lag. He may not require the same accuracy to land a hit, but a missed move for Ganon means inevitable punishment. That is not always the case for Falcon.
Falcon is ONLY fast movement wise, and his frame data is actually very bad (even Bowser has better frame data than Ganon). People forget what can everyone do to deal with projectiles: powershielding.

I am NOT saying Ganon is better than Falcon, I'm saying tier lists will NEVER be perfect when talking about how fair it is. Falcon has less impossible, but still very hard matchups. Meaning Falcon "can" hit doesn't mean he's so good that it's impossible to be lower in the tier list than Ganon. But what I don't like too much is caring about bottom tiers, as they all suck, except Fox and maybe Sonic.

About high tier, the list is accurate except Diddy being that low, and Wolf being that high.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
New Zero vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeeXOytPXgA -> Zero (yoshi) vs Bobesco (MK) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCklHr8DwNo&feature=related -> Zero (yoshi) vs Bobesco (MK) 3

And yeah, no one I can remember plays Fox here....
Hm... well, I don't think he's playing it as well as he should. First off, he has Tap Jump on. That's a big no-no for Yoshi, and it is especially bad since he isn't DRing. Secondly, his DI in those matches were really bad. Almost always horizontal whenever he got hit with a d-smash. Thirdly, he's not momentum-cancelling at all. This combined with his bad DI means that he won't live long at all. He also rarely uses his tilts, uses f-air too often, and never Egg Lays. I guess Brazil is a bit behind the meta-game, at least with Yoshi.

I know this isn't a critique thread, but I wonder why Yoshi is mid-tier with his best player playing like that in Brazil. :confused:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lots and lots of vids

I'm only watching the Wolf ones for now. Heh, Wolf vs Snake on Japes... gotta love it ;)

Some of your Wolf players should pay a visit to the Wolf boards and see if they can learn anything new, even if it's something small. For example, it doesn't seem like they know about shine > jab being a true combo. Great to see the Wolf rep though :)

:059:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*watches Ike vs Marth video*

*closes link after about 30 seconds*

He was trying to use Fair's handle to hit Marth's face. That is terrible spacing. And the first hit he landed was QD. I'm better than that, and I'm the Worse Ike in Texas.

I sincerely hope that isn't considered a good Ike in Brazil...

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
You should look foward more videos b4 telling that someone is bad =T
Globalization show us what a good character is by watching vids on youtube and we know that our players are awesome when it comes to play style.

Gillhe and DemonAid are awesome Ike players.
Djudjo has one peach that blows everyones mind.
Zero does unthinkable things with yoshi.
Lee, Chaud, and all wolf players are improving Wolf's metagame.

And those videos are not friendlys. They were all taken from a Championship that has been watched by more than 100 ppl.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Globalization show us what a good character is by watching vids on youtube and we know that our players are awesome when it comes to play style.

Lee, Chaud, Kako, and all wolf players are improving Wolf's metagame.

And those videos are not friendlys. They were all taken from a Championship that has been watched by more than 100 ppl.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I know Gillhe is a good Ike, he posts around here. I think you got his name misspelt however.

The one in the video was Docsomethingoranother. His spacing was terrible, even for facing a Marth. He should not be hitting with QD and the hilt of Fair.

Kirby Yellow

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0158-8673
Docsomethingoranother name is Doctor Luigi. This video isn't his best play.

Doc is an awesome player. In Brawl(Ike and Lucas player), Melee(Ganon player) asnd in 64(with Samus and DK, yes, and he RULEZ)

Chaudgobay and Jãojão are the best Wolf mainers here, and they are awesome. Jãojão was second in the last tourney in Rio de Janeiro(Djudjo wins)

Ness mainers here are Lightosia and dede(second). I tried Ness(I play 64 with him) but I prefer Lucas in Brawl =D

And I don't know anyone who mains fox here

Djudjo

Smash Cadet
That video Mike posted showing a match between me and Fakinha is a nice one, but as someone here said that was not one of fakinha's best matches, really 8D

There are a lot of other videos of my peach (some of them old, others not) , i'd be pleased if you guys watch those ^^ i have some with me that i intend to upload soon ^^. Hope you like it

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
holy hell fox so low?! guyz spam u-tilt and d-air moar!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922

Lee, Chaud, and all wolf players are improving Wolf's metagame.

You're right. Some of the stuff Zero does is quite unthinkable, but not in the way that you mean...

Tikun, based on those videos I can definitely see some room for improvement. If you see him anytime soon, can you give him this advice?

1. Try playing without Tap Jump. He doesn't need to, but it helps a lot with recovery and ECE (he'll know what ECE is). If he still wants Tap Jump, tell him that he should consider using DR since it's easier to do with Tap Jump on.
2. Use tilts and Egg Lay more (especially Dragonic Egg Lay). He seems to be neglecting these moves, which is a shame because they are some of the best in Yoshi's arsenal. He was getting repetitive in the matches, and that's not good for an opponent who is good at predicting.
3. I'm not sure if he was just mistaken in those matches, but he needs to DI better. Horizontal knockback is not good for Yoshi at all, because it makes his recovery extremely predictable. He also needs to momentum cancel with u-air -> fast-fall -> double-jump; he's not doing anything of the sort.
4. Follow up more on chain-grabs. It's always better to up-smash Meta Knight out of a release than it is to f-throw him. Up-smash does more damage and sets up Meta Knight better.

I believe I would see a major improvement in Zero's game if he follows my advice. He's not obliged to, of course.

Fakinha

Smash Rookie
I'm the MK that gets ***** by djudjo :( I didn't played THAAAAT bad that day at Anime Friends I beat snego and R *-*... it was my best day at Anime Friends (the other days i got ***** by any radom. Pathetic ;\) Well, what can I say? Djudjo pwns too much x.x and I almost stoped playing smash I just went to the tourneys... to me it was half of a miracle that I made to the finals... But now I'm returning to my old form. More MKs, more MKs. :B

@tier list.

Some changes at up and mid... IMO, the best tier list made until now.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Frankly, Lucario seems pretty good up there, however I want to see how a brazilian Lucario plays, like if they use more Dtilt or fullhop shenanigans.

Top Bottom