• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brazilian Tier List

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Wow, not too different from ours. I'd like to see some vids

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
phi1ny3, where did you see our MU Chart?
If you are talking about the one that I'm thinking, it's soooooo incomplete. :X

Btw, a Brazilian Lucario for you: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lucsmash+lucario&search_type=&aq=f

Chaud, the best Wolf player in Brazil, also plays Lucario. However, he doesn't have many matches on YouTube. In this one, he lost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1N8IHnV1nw
There is also a crew battle match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9clH1_KAI2c
Yeah, it's that one, still has a nice layout.

I think there's room for improvement imo for "Lucsmash", first video he was rolling a loooooooot.

Haven't got to Chaud though, and the first video I watched was an older one, so I can't say I've depleted the resources. Thanks for linking these, btw.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Psychoace, Bent is probably the best Diddy in Brazil.
phi1ny3, you're welcome. :D

And tekkie, only Djudjo, the best peach player in Brazil(there's a video of him in the second page iirc), went once. IDK which tournament was, but he stopped in the pools. However, some people said good things to him about his Peach.
Well, he can talk about that better than me. =]

Also, I think it will be nice to post the last results from brazilian tournaments9only top 3 is what I have):

Smash 'n Cops(30 entrants iirc)

1)Djudjo(Peach)
2)Jão(Wolf and Peach)
3)Kovarish(Olimar)

AnimeGO(16 entrants)

1)Hikki(Snake)
2)DemonAion(Ike)
3)TheMike(ROB)

Smachamps(12 entrants iirc)

1)Chibi(Marth)
2)MSN(Snake)
3)RYU(Falco)

Cala a Boca Zorak(25 entrants)

1)Solid(Ganon, Wario and Zelda)
2)Phoca(PKMN Trainer, Link, Bowser, DK and Samus)
3)ZERO(Link)

Super Smash Pros III(26 entrants 1st Day and 28 2nd Day iirc)

1)Kovarish(Olimar)
2)P7(MK)
3)R(MK)

And our best tournament... http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241955

Edit: Videos From Smash 'n Cops 3: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259751
I'll now post its full results.

Edit 2: Full results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9176860#post9176860

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Mike, you should warn that “Cala a boca Zorak” was a free tournament were everybody used their secundaries or "wanna be" characters, or people will think that Brazilian Ganons and Links are total ****. In my opinion Bent isn’t the best Diddy from Brazil, Banzé is.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Yeah Guilhe, I know. But I think that people while looking to other results, would realize that. Anyway, listen to Guilhe, people. And about Bent or Banze being the best... well, Bent started on competitive play this year. And for what he's showing, I think that he'll probably be the best Brazilian Diddy Kong player.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
I mean, does it really matters? :]
Both of them are such awesome players.
I know hat is important to name one of the best for ppl to look for videos from them, but you guys (american or ppl around the world) should know that these two are quite neat when it comes to diddy knog metagame. :)

Padô

Smash Lord
Man I have discussed so much on this tier list that I'm still lost in the loads of information I gave and other Brazilians Backroomers gave too so I won't argue against replies I didn't feel confortable on reading.

I feel proud facing the 'viability' you saw on our tier list, this makes me feel like we accomplished our mission. OF COURSE, our tier list won't make everuybody happy with some placings but whatever, we can officialy say that yes, we have our tier list with A LOT of personality well IMO at least.

I thank you too, from the Boards for not making of this an unhealthy discussion thread.

High placings of certain characters have been justified by some brazilian members, and I can't add more than they already said (can't argue against truth lol).

Staco

Smash Champion
I dont think this list is pretty useful.
The american got the best players atm for sure.
Smasher of other countries like europe also take part in this board so its worldwide to some part.
Thats why the SWF Tierlist is much better than this one.

A tierlist shall show how good a character is, if he is played at its best, not how he is played in one region.

The list is still helpful to see the often used characters in brazil. (and the lack of some characters)

TheMike

Smash Lord
Smasher of other countries like europe also take part in this board so its worldwide to some part.

A tierlist shall show how good a character is, if he is played at its best, not how he is played in one region.

The list is still helpful to see the often used characters in brazil. (and the lack of some characters)
The intention wasn't to say that this list is better than the SBR-B ones. And our list shows how a character was developed here and also considering which one is better than another technically.

Wolf, for example, was one of the most developed characters here. And this makes Wolf a better character in Brazil's smash scene. The same for Peach. I'm sure that Brazilians look to Wolf and Peach differently from most of the rest of the world.

And Europe isn't a country lol

banze

Smash Journeyman
I have been following this topic and I enjoyed most of the comments about our Tlist.

As you could notice, we have many top players playing different types of characters such as Olimar Peach and Wolf and getting high positions on tournaments.

Now, about the discussion Bent X Banze, I can't really affirm if there is one best player here. I would say his diddy is evolving pretty fast for the time he have been playing. He got a more fast and aggressive gameplay, once that my game is more punisher and defensive. Can’t really tell who’s best… we’ve played against each other on tournaments as well.
Overall I believe he will be the best soon (kisses bentasso =* )!!

Some recent vids of me playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QuPZDQOQmI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE-9_bAOM9w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCDrDFc8JPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWAJh30TEuo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkgnH873vjo&feature=related

Padô

Smash Lord

We didn't want to show we are the best right now lol, we've done this because we need to rank the characters in our view. The SBR discussed the potential of each character and this is not very different from what've made.

We are justifing the good positioning of Wolf/Peach/Olimar because MAYBE players down here have evolved this chracters metagame better than other countries or our country is having problems on beating those character.

When I read your post I thought: "Don't feed the troll named Staco" am I right? If not you don't know too much about Tier lists...

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
We didn't want to show we are the best right now lol, we've done this because we need to rank the characters in our view. The SBR discussed the potential of each character and this is not very different from what've made.

We are justifing the good positioning of Wolf/Peach/Olimar because MAYBE players down here have evolved this chracters metagame better than other countries or our country is having problems on beating those character.

When I read your post I thought: "Don't feed the troll named Staco" am I right? If not you don't know too much about Tier lists...
LOOOL i was about to write "don't feed the troll"...
Ok, not a useful post :( But still think that pit could be higher ;~

TheMike

Smash Lord
Honestly, I didn't see your post as a trolling one.
We should argue about what was said instead of attacking, guys.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion

The SWF tier list is mostly bull****. Good players have NO influence because they're too lazy to post in the SBR. It's mostly moderators/Inui/OverSwarm like people that decide what the tier list looks like. And that is determined by their own limited experience. I wouldn't trust the SWF tier list if I were you. It's just bull****.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lolz mods can't go into SBR (unless they are BR members as well), otherwise I'd talk to death how Snake is overrated for the lulz.

D

Deleted member

lolz mods can't go into SBR (unless they are BR members as well), otherwise I'd talk to death how Snake is overrated for the lulz.
the idea behind having a private back room with stringent entry rules is to avoid trolling and "lulz".

Anyone ever notice how everyone can pretty much agree somewhat on the top 5-7 and the worst 5-7. Wario, MK, Snake, DDD, Diddy, and Falco make up the top. Samus, Yoshi, CF, Jiggs, Ganon, Link make up the bottom in some order. The rest is completely messed up. lol

The SWF tier list is mostly bull****. Good players have NO influence because they're too lazy to post in the SBR. It's mostly moderators/Inui/OverSwarm like people that decide what the tier list looks like. And that is determined by their own limited experience. I wouldn't trust the SWF tier list if I were you. It's just bull****.
^This counter quote shows just how much 'jumpman' really know about the process of the Tier List creation. Nothing. Like the rest of us who are not in the SBR. :laugh:

IMO, I still see some merit in the first tier list where MK was in a tier all to himself. Sure, once you learn the MU of MK for your charcter you can win, but that doesn't make it any different. MK has such a large advantage over so many people, and such an easy learning curve that even the best would have problems against a moderatly trained MK.

Snake on the other hand is different. While MK could throw out dtilts or tornados and not get much punishment. A Snake throwing out a low of Ftilts will get punished. THe same for pulling out nades without much thought behind it. He can get seriously punished for a single mistake due to him being so easily juggled. A full shielded Ftilt means an attack to put Snake into the air, and then juggled for like 40% more damage. This makes Snake so much easier to deal with. So yeah, Snake is overrated.

Exactly.

Although I really think Snake will go dooooown.
While I think people overrate Sake, I do not think that Snake 'dooooown'. He might go 'down' or 'doown'. But 5 spots is really not likely. 1 or 2 at best. :p

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Remember, any drop for Snake is big. Especially being #2 for three consecutive tier lists now.

Also, I'm not inclined to say I've agreed with Jumpman in the past, particularly on some posts he's made, but that's a whole different story I won't get into lolz.

I'll say that he's right that a lot of people have a strong enough base to question the SBR... but to call it nearly incompetent and unjustified as "Bull****" is a little strong.

Well, we all should know that the SWF tier list is never completely accurate. It's governed on peoples opinions with no real solid foundation for making choices on placement. People from the SWF have said themself that there is real no gauge what deteremines the placement. And all the tier lists said that they have been made with a voting system of place people into 3 categories, then rank each person in said category.

That right there is prove enough it will be inaccurate.

I think it would be a better idea to keep communities seperate as they are right now. Single communities spread common thoughts. Seperate allow different nodes of thought to form. Geographic location is a huge factor in the evolution in creatures.

So, a better tier list would more than likely be the combination of all these different communities. Japan, Brazil and NA we seem to have a hold of now. Combine these somehow for a probably more accurate tier list.

There are a few I disagree with, mainly Samus being 4th worst lol, but this list is actually ok.

Staco

Smash Champion
Jumpman was in the backroom some weeks ago, so he knows whats going on in there.

But also the top players dont have to be right with their opinions jumpman. (watch how often M2K changes his opinion about the tiers and he can mostly just look at the characters out of MKs view)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Yep, I was in the SBR. So Xeylode, watch out next time ;)

Edit: I said mods because a lot of mods are in the SBR, red tag.

And btw, sMods can access the SBR regardless of them being selected as members.
Also, I'm not inclined to say I've agreed with Jumpman in the past, particularly on some posts he's made, but that's a whole different story I won't get into lolz.

I'll say that he's right that a lot of people have a strong enough base to question the SBR... but to call it nearly incompetent and unjustified as "Bull****" is a little strong.
Yeah lol that's right. But the SBR isn't a good source. A lot of people in it don't even play the game.

D

Deleted member

Yeah lol that's right. But the SBR isn't a good source. A lot of people in it don't even play the game.
to be fair, xyro is worse than the people that don't play the game. people that don't play brawl can still be smart enough to determine how things should be in relation to smash since smash is a fairly simplistic game.

edit: I agree in that as long as some people are left in there, the SBR is also a questionable source. If I were leader, I'd cut membership down from 130 ish to probably 70 ish like I did with the MBR. But I'm not their leader.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
to be fair, xyro is worse than the people that don't play the game. people that don't play brawl can still be smart enough to determine how things should be in relation to smash since smash is a fairly simplistic game.

edit: I agree in that as long as some people are left in there, the SBR is also a questionable source. If I were leader, I'd cut membership down from 130 ish to probably 70 ish like I did with the MBR. But I'm not their leader.
I definitely agree on that one hahaha.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I read all this thread again. And I have the something Padô said to say: it seems like we've accomplished our goal. I'll now be waiting for the SBR-B Tier List v4.0 so as to see the differences.

:D

And I also think the same way phi1ny3 thinks: Snake'll go dooooown.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
He might not on 4.0, but I see it in the road ahead if people are thinking logically.

Don't get me wrong, grenades, dthrow, utilt, and even ftilt are amazing things, but there are people that I think will start to abuse some of Snake's inabilities to a large extreme. The problem is also that Snake imo is not looked kindly on by theory, I think Snake is very read-dependent and therefore a lot more player-oriented in how effective he becomes at higher levels, in terms of how well he does against his opponent.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Really? I see Snake as the best character in the game at a completely developed meta-game. I get that MK is amazing. He's got it all. Regardless, I find it hard to believe MK's game can develop much further if any. People are already learning ways around everything he has and the biggest threat currently seems to be his stalling game. If rules are made stricter than that goes away. If they are not, people will learn to deal with it better. After all, it IS beatable. Though difficult, almost any character can somehow get around circle camping and the like.

With Snake, it just seems he has soooo many tools. With an amazing ground game and underrated aerials as is, Snake is ****. His specials are among the best in the game. His grenade game is perfect for shutting down options from almost any character. Over time I could see Snakes improving on their flow of projectiles and melee moves to create an even more **** entity while I see MKs only learning to space a bit better.

/my thoughts

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'd say his aerials are overrrated if you ask me.

I think SDI is going to be a big problem for him in the future (as it will be for many others)

TheMike

Smash Lord
Jumpman got out from the SBR-B for not a long time. So, I'll believe him. But Snake'll probably not be the second one in the other teir lists. I think Diddy'll be. Falco'll fall maybe only 2 spots and ICs will become Top Tier.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I would like to point out that SDI has the potential to really hurt MK.

With perfect SDI, a lot of his moves are affected, especially Ftilt and Fair. Tornado obviously, but that's kinda already a given.

With Snake, you can SDI his Nair and Dair. Jab too I guess, correct? Ftilt I believe can't be SDId. I don't see how it hurts him much.

Top Bottom