• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brazilian Tier List

Chuee

Smash Hero
I think snake will stay second. Despite having a few slight disadvantages he counters so many other characters it's ridiculous.

Staco

Smash Champion
I would like to point out that SDI has the potential to really hurt MK.

With perfect SDI, a lot of his moves are affected, especially Ftilt and Fair. Tornado obviously, but that's kinda already a given.

With Snake, you can SDI his Nair and Dair. Jab too I guess, correct? Ftilt I believe can't be SDId. I don't see how it hurts him much.
with perfect shield DI ICs could grab everyone out of every move ;)

we are humans, not robots

Laem

Smash Champion
have u not seen the japanese snake ditto's? first hit ftilt > sdi behind snake > punishes with ftilt > sdi behind snake > and so on. We'll still see snake on 2nd place is my bet. i like what dtl is saying tho about snake.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah I used to think ftilt was impossible to SDI too, until I learned it. Now it's a matter of mixing it up with jab.

MK fair already has proven that it's not what it's cracked up to be, a lot of people have yet to admit it though.

Lucario dair will get ***** soon enough

The world will end...

I'm saying in this current state of the metagame, Snake is going to stay second, people are very read-reliant now in this game, and this isn't exactly bad, it's just the state it is now. However, I think maybe 1-2 tier lists down the road, he'll experience a drop.

Also, SDI unfortunately doesn't favor everyone getting caught in a given attack, some are plainly incapable of punishing a move well, which is why there are still lower tiered characters that get effectively shut down still by G&W with as flawed his tools have become.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Off-topic, well kinda not cuz you just mentioned it, but I can now SDI his Bair to Dair him with Tink. My life is complete. :)

B.Link

Smash Cadet
Jiggly in bottom? That surprises me, I've seen some amazing **** with Jiggly. I have a hard time seeing her or Zelda below mid. I guess they just don't have much of a following there, similar to how Wario doesn't in Japan.
I agree there are many good Jiggly players out there same goes for Link and Ganon =]

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Really? I see Snake as the best character in the game at a completely developed meta-game. I get that MK is amazing. He's got it all. Regardless, I find it hard to believe MK's game can develop much further if any. People are already learning ways around everything he has and the biggest threat currently seems to be his stalling game. If rules are made stricter than that goes away. If they are not, people will learn to deal with it better. After all, it IS beatable. Though difficult, almost any character can somehow get around circle camping and the like.
Well I would ahve to somewhat disagree with that notion.
While Metaknight's game has evolved very quickly and can be considered more or less complete, what should be said isnt if it will advane further, but whether or not the advances made will show Metaknight to remain as the best character in the game.

Personally, I would believe that he would remain the best character in the game. Not only because of his stalling abilities, but also because of his incredible ability to remain safe. It is extremely hard to force Metaknight inta position where he would be unsafe, simply because even with the ability to DI, the range and speed of his attacks more than make up for it.
While he lacks the raw power of Snake, he makes up for it with his incredible edge guarding game, his extremely safe pokes and his ability to literally trap anyone who attempts to avoid him in the air.

He isnt as flashy as Snake who practically forces you to be amazed at the sheer amount of tools, but the fact of the matter is that facting Metaknight is more of an issue on trying to get the opponent to make na error. Not necessarily exploiting the weaknesses Metaknight has, simply because he has many, many ways to cover up those weaknesses.

With Snake, it just seems he has soooo many tools. With an amazing ground game and underrated aerials as is, Snake is ****. His specials are among the best in the game. His grenade game is perfect for shutting down options from almost any character. Over time I could see Snakes improving on their flow of projectiles and melee moves to create an even more **** entity while I see MKs only learning to space a bit better.

/my thoughts
He truly does have tons of tools. I believe, however, that unlike Metaknight, that te ools he has (while possibly greater in number), aren't much more effective.
Where as SNake has a superior ground game( at least I think so), I think Metaknight's aerial game which is by far superior, is much more beneficial. Particularly in a game that is based around aerial combat.
Snake also has several weaknesses that he just cannot cover. DDD especially makes great use of exploiting them and we have seen time and time again top Snakes lose out to top DDD's. Simply because DDD just exploits those weaknesses so well.

On the other hand, MK can make up for his weaknesses much more easily

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
not to mention that they take and incredible amount of time and patience to get down and even then one slip up will ruin the match for you and the fact that once you lose nana they're useless.

humble

Smash Ace
In my opinion, MK will remain as the single best character, and snake will drop at some point.

Snake is flawed; his projectiles suck if used at a distance, his aerials are very punishable, his recovery is gimpable (if you say go high, meta says hi with 6 jumps and then just tornadoes you out the top)

Snakes grenades suck when used at a distance, because they are on a timer, and if you can count to 3 seconds, congratulations, you have beaten snakes long range game. Dodge it however you would like, it really doesn't matter because you know exactly when to dodge. Its by far one of the easiest long range projectiles to beat, comparable to Din's fire. His grenades are so excellent when he is up close because he can shut down your options and force an action; at a distance, he can't do that so grenades blow.

His aerials all have very high landing lag, which means he will have to throw them out before he starts to descend, or you could just punish his landing lag. They are all fairly decent, but meta eats them for breakfast in a match, and will **** snake in the air.

If he gets off the stage, he has to up-B; if he starts low, you simply destroy cypher right from his hands; if he starts medium, you jump out and shuttle loop him, then fly into cypher to cancel your glide; if he goes high, you follow him up with jumps, and suddenly you are in prime position to uair, if he dairs you win, if he airdodges you just fall and uair again, and if he pulls a nade you just hit him below the nade and he drops it uselessly. You could just uair him up and then shuttle loop or tornado him out the top; snake loses to meta in the air, so if he recovers high he is boned. If he goes low, he gets easily gimped, and if he goes middle he gets killed.

Snake, in almost every match, should be the one forced to approach, and he doesn't really have good approaches. He doesn't have any tools to beat circle camping, planking, or even air camping.

Oh, and if people learn to shield DI, ICs will begin to dominate more and rise even further.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Its a lot easier to say grenades are easy to dodge and avoid until you're actually facing a barage of them, as well as having your options limited by a mine and c4 as well as snakes broken range, if the snake player is good he'll take all your options and eat them.

Any good snake can find their way out of a juggle as well, its not easy sometimes but its doable. All your examples are on how to play snake as MK, its been known for a while that mk beats snake for the most part, that's why snake is 2nd, not 1st. yet you say snake will drop from 2nd place, thanks to the current 1st? How does that even make sense? snake is 2nd because he has favorable match ups with (almost) everyone below him save for two of them, snake, has above average priority, broken range, better options, a good recovery and doesn't die, if snake were to drop then i'm sure it'd be for a good reason, but none of your reasons made any sense or mattered

humble

Smash Ace
Its a lot easier to say grenades are easy to dodge and avoid until you're actually facing a barage of them, as well as having your options limited by a mine and c4 as well as snakes broken range, if the snake player is good he'll take all your options and eat them.

Any good snake can find their way out of a juggle as well, its not easy sometimes but its doable. All your examples are on how to play snake as MK, its been known for a while that mk beats snake for the most part, that's why snake is 2nd, not 1st. yet you say snake will drop from 2nd place, thanks to the current 1st? How does that even make sense? snake is 2nd because he has favorable match ups with (almost) everyone below him save for two of them, snake, has above average priority, broken range, better options, a good recovery and doesn't die, if snake were to drop then i'm sure it'd be for a good reason, but none of your reasons made any sense or mattered
"a barrage of them"? He can have two out at once- hardly a "barrage". His mine and C4 aren't going to be right next to me- if they were, I would have already moved. Snake does have a broken range, but if you read my original post, I said "snakes projectiles suck if used at a distance" he does have ridiculously large hitboxes, but they aren't that large.

How? Please explain how, because right now all you said was that they could, with no backing. It would be akin to me saying "Any good Donkey Kong can find their way out of D3's CG as well, its not easy sometimes but its doable." Yes, I was explaining as to why demonictoonlink was wrong, and MK was in fact superior to Snake. Take for example another matchup, Pit vs. Snake. What is snake going to do if Pit just ledge camps most of the match, gliding under the stage from ledge to ledge? Pit just fires arrows from the ledge, planks, and circle camps- what will Snake do? Nades are laughable in this situation, his C4 while going under the stage, can be avoided by the pit player simply dipping around it, his mine is useless, and none of his broken tilts hit beneath him. To attempt to hit him off the ledge he could try to use aerials, except Pit avoids that easily, just dropping and heading to the other side. Snake lays a C4 right on one ledge? Too bad exploding it is telegraphed ahead of time for Pit to just release the ledge and airdodge. Snake, in fact, has a disadvantage here if people actually played Pit, and played him gay. Snake has great priority and range, but his options aren't all that great, his recovery is very gimpable, and of course he dies; if he didn't, he would be #1. An immortal character would be a little bit broken, don'tcha think? I think they are part of his weaknesses.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
do ice climbers have a lot of bad match ups.....i thought they went pretty well all round?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
*Looks at Wario's placement*

I am pleased.

Edit: Actually, I thought the D3 placement was quite a bit high, but then I watched a match of one of their D3's. I've never seen a D3 move that fast before.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Its ashame that while USA might be the better country for brawl, brazil gets more stuff accurate then USA.

While some characters in the list are a lil off, this is more on point than the American tier list.

Brazil>USA

M@v

Subarashii!
Not too weird I must say. Also, what NintendoFreak said.

If some think hes good

and some think hes bad

Then hes Average :)

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Since I only play Melee and Brawl+, I can't argue on the tier list aside of being of the Br Backroom.

Anyway, I've got a little surprised with the most replies in the thread.

Maybe because of some prejudice on Smash Boards from me.

*not sure if everything was spelled right*

TheMike

Smash Lord
Sei lá. Eu vi no começo que algumas pessoas falavam português. Por que será que elas quiseram aprender?

EDIT: Acho que nós não somos os únicos brasileiros no site não.
o FireBall Stars também é. ^
Existem vários! Temos até um Social Group para os smashers brasileiros, mas nem todos estão lá. Entre lá no 1upsmash que continuaremos a conversa por lá. :]

Maybe because of some prejudice on Smash Boards against me.
Against you, FireBall? Aren't you talking about our scene in general? Anyway, this kind of prejudice doens't exist anymore, it used to happen for like 1/5 maybe 2 years ago.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
TheMike said:
Against you, FireBall? Aren't you talking about our scene in general? Anyway, this kind of prejudice doens't exist anymore, it used to happen for like 1/5 maybe 2 years ago.
It's written "from me" in my post Mike, it was my prejudice against swf =P

edit: Portuguese ftw

Prawn

Smash Master
Do you have any videos of brazilian IC players?

i'd love to see what warrants such a high rank :D

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Its ashame that while USA might be the better country for brawl, brazil gets more stuff accurate then USA.

While some characters in the list are a lil off, this is more on point than the American tier list.

Brazil>USA
My tier list
1. MK
2. Peach

Am i accurate now too?

wangston

Smash Lord
I've not played enough people in brazil yet to tell you how good their meta game is or how far along they are. I've only been able to make it to one tourney of 21 people but it had two of their best players, Korvash(sp?) and Player 7. They are both good but I could keep up with them. I lost to korv in a mm but it was one stock hi % against his olimar and probally 2 or 1 stock against his ICs lol i don't remember ics are homo against falco. And player 7 I beat his mk in a mm 1 stock then 2 stock, then I played him in tourney and he beat me 1 stock then 2 stock.

I've not played with brazil enough to have an opionion on how good they are.

wangston

Smash Lord
I wonder if your reply would change if you came to WttC tournament :(
Probally would have changed. I'm so pissed I couldn't come. 40 people went. Did p7 win, not sure if he did, I can only halfway under stand portuguess.

Did you go? if so how was it?

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
All tier lists are similar. I would like to see a tier list with a low tier at an upper spot or something.

Top Bottom