• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bum presents Gamer's Tournament March 27, 2010 My b-day tourney. Free food and drinks

iRJi

Smash Champion

J (lucario player, keep forgetting your name) - You know, the way you told me on dealing with Marth, I wish people would tell me things like this about other characters. That **** helped me alot and I picked up on how to **** up Marth quick. Thanks for that. And it was simple too.

It's RJ*, and no problem xP. Your cool people man and of course if you need help I'm going to help you out. Your cool people man, lol.

Anywho, Shoutout time: (First time doing this LOL)

Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles

1. 9b: Atomsk, good ****. I got that d3 next time.

2. ADHD: Come to practice man lol. You need to be winning. ZB Represent!!!

3. Shadow: Nice placing, good ****.

4. Dm: Expected no less from you honestly, nice job.

5. Vinnie: Yay for 5th ^_^. Nice.

5. Jash: It was mad fun, I am def. going to play you alot more man. Good friendlies, good tournament set, couldn't ask for something more fun.

7. Malcolm: You already know lol. Good **** man.

7. RJ: Yay, who is this sexy black man placing so high o_o. It's meeeeeeeeee! =D

9. Nairo: I out placed you =]. I told you my losing streak will end eventually. Good **** though, you will do better next time xP

9. Jtails: Hi ^_^

9. Inui: Hi ^_^

9. Snakee: Good set. Hope to play you again soon =].

13. Delta Cod: Did better then last time yay =D. Keep it up man.

13. Ninja Link: Don't worry about it man, just make sure you **** everyone the next tournament.

13. Dark peach: You know I got you. If you need help just ask me. Good **** on your placing, and take pride in it.

13. Keitaro: Yay =]. Finally beat your in a tournament set. our count is now 3-1

17. Alex strife: o_O. Nice, Keep that **** up man, you movin on up.

17. Red X: Good set xP

17. JG wentworth: Good ****, and TY for the videos =].

17. Penta: Hi ^_^

17. Aoshi: Hi ^_^

17. Hax: I remember when you are like 5 ft. You grew so much LOL.

17. Izumi: Good set man =].

17. Money: Keep working on that Lucario, you are gunna do much better very soon.

25. Jerk: Hi ^_^

25. Projo: Hi ^_^

25. Ninja Edd: Hi ^_^

25. Bsc: Don't worry, we gunna train hard mang =P.

25. Fate: Hi ^_^

25. Shin: You got this **** next time yo. nice seeing ya again =]

25. Professor MGW: Hi ^_^

25. Blue: Yo Money match. First thing next time I see you. I promised I would, but I forgot xD.

33. Mack: Hi ^_^

33. Link X: Hi ^_^

33. D1: You already know. Glad to see you back, step it up, its MLG time!

33. South paw: Hi ^_^ (I like yoru name o_o)

33. OPTN: Hi ^_^

49. Ksal: Hi ^_^

49. Kaila: Hi ^_^

Overall, Thanks to ZB for rooting for me on this one. It's been a while since I placed decent at anything, and I want to keep it up. I just wanna practice more, so if anyone wants to practice, just hit me up and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Jash, it was mad fun. Finally got to talk to you, and played some **** games.

Anti: Good sets man, hope to play again with you soon =]

-007-

Smash Cadet
Didn't wes already have 2 or 3 MK banned tourneys about a year ago at playntrade. I still remember that. Would be interesting to see that again.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
If you talking about when I was playing you, I was fooling around the whole time. You seemed so eager to beat me and getting all hyped in stuff. So I was like w/e and found it a lil funny.
~ I figured you'd say that. I was only alil hype to beat u because your suppose to be a pro, but even after we faught I looked at your singles matches and well I didn't really noticed any significant change in your gameplay. And yeah I know you weren't taking it serious, neither was I or else I would've went straight olimar or marth which I didn't pick. Still fun though FGs.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
first time in shoutouts in a while

1. 9b- good stuff in the goofy winnings guy

2. ADHD- wyatt keep drinking them arizonas and get those kidney stones u *****

4. Dm- good **** for taking wyatt to last stock with mario, MAKE YOUR MARIO MOVE FASTERTO MELEE SPEED AND YOU'LL BE GDLK

5. Jash- you got this homie. gonna unleash that crouching tiger in the next one =D also ur i agree 10x with your post =D

7. Malcolm- sorry for being an ******* in doubles friendlies when i didnt let u warm up lol, i was kinda raging over non sense, but otherwise, you just had a bad day you got this crouching tiger =D
9. Jtails- nice seein u homie
9. Snakee- nice seein u homie
13. Ninja Link- ill miss u, unleash the crouching tiger when u get the money
13. Dark peach- play2learn, placings are the signs of hard work but otherwise good stuff, and lol NY is mad diverse
13. Keitaro- i like ur falco, black ppl are sooooo good with him and naturally gifted =D
17. Alex strife- good stuff
17. Red X- fun friendlies XD i played m4ge the night before, so l was forced to practice in psing everything ike throws lol XDD
17. JG wentworth- we need a swagailicious picture together nigggs
17. Hax- pierce is a really good teacher
17. Izumi- METAKNIGHT IS GAY STICK TO TL
25. Shin- black ppl are my brothers =D nice seein u
25. Professor MGW- might have been you i think i played doubles friendlies but ggs
25. Blue- sorry didnt mm, melee > over MMS =D
33. D1- MAH DOOD, melee takes priority over everything, thanks for teaming with me, i'm still learning, =D
33. South paw- fun friendlie, jiggs > TL =D
49. Kaila- nice seeing you, hopefully you learned jiggs is a **** character =DD

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I really don't care about my losses, I lost and that's it good games to everyone that I've played. Now the way I lost was pretty much because Brawl took me down, but it happens. My match with Atomsk was amazingly fun but also an amazing fail the way I lost but nontheless, he won and I will always respect him for it.

But....this is not what I wanna talk about...

I can't tell you how many times I lose to Metaknight. I feel like in this tournament, I was playing my super best but no matter how good I was playing, I still ended up losing to Metaknight. Don't get me wrong, Jtails is an amazingly good player and never to be underestimated, but the fact of the matter is that Metaknight stops good players from reaching far because of his abusive ******** BS that defeats the purpose of having skill and forces you to switch characters.

Some people think I'm whining and stuff but there's a way to determine who is really skilled in Brawl...

Have a Metaknight banned tournament in NY and see the results change so fast, your panties will drop. People think they're good winning with a character that does everything for you, lets see how good you are when he's gone.
lemme ask you something jash. are you so good with your character that you can't improve with him anymore?

what BS are you talking about? theres alot of things mk can be vulnerable to that you dont take advantage of. if its up b gimp, you air dodge it and punsih the landing lag. if you see tornado rev'd up on the ground, you always air dodge when you could be footstooling it.

do you perfect shield everything? i dont think so. is there a perfect mk out there? nope.

point is. MK is beatable but you always blame him for your short comings. do you even praactice vs GOOD MK's? maybe thatd help

Jtails is good. maybe not better than you but if you train vs mk, it shouldnt happen anymore.

atomsk is better than you. he SHOULD be beaten you even without mk (see poly)

stop *****ing about mk. what if he never gets banned? whats the mk banned tourney gonna prove?

"hoooray! a tourney without mk. let see how well we do for this one day because we all suck vs the character. then have him comeback next week and well want ANOTHER mk banned tourney"

i beat top mk's with LUCARIO! I PRACTICED LIKE CRAZY, STUDIED BOTH CHARACTERS IMMENSELY AND IM STILL DISCOVERING A LOT OF **** (like this week i discovered double team is best tool vs tornado).

why cant you do the same?

im posting this because i hate when people whine about him and think hes this unbeatable god with BS. the way i play mk makes him the gayest mk in the country and i get my *** manhandled by adhd and lose to ally alot (who the strategy is more than perfect for AND i know his habits). Havok beat me on his first try. beat my GAY strat. They adapt and are smart and figure alot of stuff out becuz they are top players. top players are players that are prepared for matchups and know how to adapt to bad situations.

sorry but after this i cant call you one anymore.

Cable

Smash Lord
Whoever has that wii with the replays with all my doubles matches plz send them to J.G for he can upload them :)

I wanna study how i play in doubles becuz i already forgot LOL

GGz to everybody had fun at this tourny.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Special Shoutouts To Viva And Hippie

Viva - Really stupid that we had to play round 1 ;-;... enter singlez moar! Thanks for housing me, Applebee's @ Midnight was fun :I. Fun sleepover, I didn't really enjoy The Final Destination. Next time we're watching The Fourth Kind, **** Brandon.

Hippie - OMG I'M SO SRY I FORGOT YOU IN SHOUTOUTS!!! needz moar singles... uhh so yeah just enter next time! Fun traveling with you, my legs were aching so bad at the end of the day :(. Also your melee Falco is **** sauce.

Jash

Smash Lord
To be honest, I don't think I'm THAT much worse then Atomsk. Me and Atomsk are 3-3 on tournament now and the way I lost is unimportant and if I ***** about it, Imma just sound like a n00b.

I'm glad you can beat top MKs with Lucario Ksizzle, but that doesn't mean you actually use him in tournament. You would rather use MK why, because he's the ***** move that people use because people are too buns to use they're own dam character. But lemme not go there, that's definitely NOT everybody, some people just like MK and I feel you.

The point I'm trying to make is that they are a ton of good low tier players that either quit or just don't enter because of MKs ridicules. Peoples advice are "oh just pick up another character", but what if you don't want to pick up another character? It just doesn't make sense that a Ganondorf does really well against Ally but loses to randommetaknight2830. MK is a simple character and it doesn't take a genius to find out how to get good with him.

Anyway it just feels like no matter how much I practice against MK, I just wont seem to beat him which bothers me a lot. I'm sure a lot of people feel this way which is why they end up quitting.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I woke up and read Ksizzle post.

That **** was ****.

Word up Jash, I've been playing Meta Knights since 2008, now even my Falco, Ike, DK (secondaries) are able to beat MK's that are pretty good.

Step yo shiz up nigka.

EDIT - And Ksizzle did use Lucario in tournament, He lost a MK ditto to Judge game 1, then brought it back and won game 2 and 3 with LUCARIO.

@ POUND 4.

Which means he can use Lucario @ a national level against a national level MK.

If you step it up enough, maybe you can beat national level MK's with your toon link.

And didn't you beat Inui pretty soundly at this tournament and he is a "TOON LINK SLAYER?" thats a good start.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
i wouldnt be in the "spotlight" without lucario.

the character helped me beat judge after he ***** me in a ditto at pound

the character helped me beat snakeee at cot4 where people start to notice me little and i broke a big losing streak that day to him.

the character helped me beat anther at apex where i finally got recognized

the character helped me beat shugo after he ahnilated my mk at snes

i definitely use lucario but not as much as mk

hmm i wonder why that is?

OH YEA

I MAIN MK!

and to prove to you that you need to worry about other things than mk, next time we play im going to beat you. all lucario. get ready sons :)

edit: what anti said. if you can beat the best person in the country with mk vs toon links, then screw ur weakness vs mk and keep looking ahead. IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE

Vinnie

Smash Master
Yeah, most people claim that the MK:gnw matchup is impossible, but I've slayed like 10-15 of them in tourney.

To me the most important matchup in the game is MK.

Next is the ditto.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I find it fun but RJ says he hates it lol. i dont see how its that bad unless you suck at powershielding. should be fun tho ^_^

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
first time in shoutouts in a while

25. Professor MGW- might have been you i think i played doubles friendlies but ggs
Hm maybe, me and my friend did the double samus thing and marth and ike. If you guys were the ness & luigi or and ness and meta then yeah that was me, ggs :). Lolz at the mgw bucket.

Jash

Smash Lord
Hmm I see, maybe I just need to play him on a daily basis. Also I agree with you Ksizzle, I feel my Toon Link is stuck on the same lvl because I get no MK practice. I beat Inui which is good but he said he doesn't even play anymore which according to him, doesn't count ^_^. I guess there's really no point in me going to MLG if I don't know this matchup, cuz I might as well stay home and lose to him rather go to Orlando and lose to him.

Edit: You ganna go all Lucario on me Ksizzle? If you beat with Lucario then you definitely shut me down, real talk.

Zucco

Smash Master
Beating Inui with Toon link is amazing since he says he can never lose to that character.

D1

Banned via Administration
Btw Jash, I barely ever see you at the training sessions held in NYC anymore. Maybe if you started training w/ us again (especially w/ Jtails since his MK is gettin nastier) you'd probably be more confident in the MK matchup. After my loss against Shadow's MK I still felt like I had a shot, and I'm not gonna quit this game ever again. If I just play more, I'll get to the level where I need to be to the point where if ppl ask if I wanna ban MK...I'll be like, "I don't care. I **** him anyways."

Cable

Smash Lord
now we need an olimar player to beat him

Cable where u at?
Time Olimar is looking good right now im bringing him out next time in doubles or singles :laugh:

I'll get to the level where I need to be to the point where if ppl ask if I wanna ban MK...I'll be like, "I don't care. I **** him anyways."
Im already there ma doo and its a beautiful feeling MK must fear me :chuckle:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
~ I figured you'd say that. I was only alil hype to beat u because your suppose to be a pro, but even after we faught I looked at your singles matches and well I didn't really noticed any significant change in your gameplay. And yeah I know you weren't taking it serious, neither was I or else I would've went straight olimar or marth which I didn't pick. Still fun though FGs.
There was a difference. I know how I played you and everypone else in tourny. And know why I lose. And I USED to be a pro with my character. I am not anymore. And this is really starting to get annoying. Cause of this, if anyone gets a win off me, they wanna get all happy, hype and talk ****. I aint **** anymore people, stop getting hyped over a noob. Makes no sense why people think beating me means something. For friendlies I am about to use random characters I don't lose. I hate giving free wins with Peach. you aint the only one who thinks this. alot do.

13. Dark peach- play2learn, placings are the signs of hard work but otherwise good stuff, and lol NY is mad diverse
Placing don't mean jack. it's who you beat that matters. here is nothing to be proud for 13th.

And Kzissle, Both you and Jash are right, but as for you, the only thing that is ticking me off is you BS meta for what he really is and giving excuses. Meta does not bother me at all. That fool never did. Back then the only metas I would really lose too is top metas, cause I have not figured thoses out yet. But anything below that, I would beat those metas with Peach. And I even felt that meta should not be banned. But lets be for real here and not pull a M@k to show that meta is not all that bad. Cause you know damm well along with everyone else that is straight BS. And the funny thing is I usually here this from people who play meta. Go figure....

iRJi

Smash Champion
I find it fun but RJ says he hates it lol. i dont see how its that bad unless you suck at powershielding. should be fun tho ^_^
Naa, it's that he runs away so much, hate that **** LOL.

This is a bit inspiring, I should really start going to the training sessions again, I never realize how much I really need it.
Practice makes perfect. I want MK banned for plenty of reasons, and I won't bring it here. That is what the MK thread is for. Practice does do wonders though, and you should always aim to be better. There is no such thing as a set skill where things cap off. You can always improve, and because of that you should always aim to improve.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Meta Knight mains always keep a good secondary too dawg.

Ksizzle - MK/Lucario
Me - MK/Snake
Shadow MK/Wario

So it's not totally Meta Knight we have skill too :)

Cable

Smash Lord
Haha thats true my colombian friend get someone with a good personality its never about the body but about the heart of a girl most important :)

btw we gotta team someday

Top Bottom