• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 ECRC 11/22/08 Video Thread - DSF/M2K/NinjaLink/Azen/Chudat/Chillin/Seibrik/+ More!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Tourney Thread

Results Thread

About 8 hours and 45 minutes of matches to upload...I'll post links here for each match as they're uploaded.

COMMENTARY:
This was the first time I have ever had a setup with this capability so I didn't know what to expect as far as people commentating. I also don't think that any tourneys in MD/VA EVER really had commentary [except for crew battles recorded with a digicam...but it was usually trash talk the whole time haha]...so please excuse the occasional nonsense commentator or if people were too close to the mic or not close enough...it'll be tighter next time if I'm at a tourney worthy of commentary Thanks a lot to everyone who took the time and effort to actually do GREAT commentary <3

Subscribe:
www.youtube.com/curiousenver

WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY! [though all vids will not be available to watch in high quality when they're initially uploaded, so if they look like ****, just wait a bit til the high quality version is available]

"The Match of the Century"
NinjaLink (Diddy) Vs. Mew2King (Metaknight) Round 1
NinjaLink (Diddy) Vs. Mew2King (Metaknight) Rounds 2 & 3

Winners Finals
DieSuperFly (DDD) Vs. NinjaLink (R.O.B.) Round 1
DieSuperFly (DDD/Metaknight) Vs. NinjaLink (Diddy/Kirby) Rounds 2 and 3
DieSuperFly (Snake) Vs. NinjaLink (R.O.B.) Round 4

Losers Finals
Mew2King (Metaknight) Vs. NinjaLink (Diddy) Rounds 1 & 2
Mew2King (Metaknight) Vs. NinjaLink (Diddy) Round 3
Mew2King (Metaknight) Vs. NinjaLink (Diddy) Round 4

I WILL NOT POST THE "GRAND FINALS." Money was split by top 3 before losers finals. Calling the grand finals matches friendlies is as accurate a description as I can give.

Azen (Lucario) vs Chillin (Snake) - Match 1/2
Azen (Lucario) Vs. Chillin (Snake) Round 3

Chillin (Snake) Vs. Plank (Metaknight) Round 1
Chillin (Snake) Vs. Plank (Metaknight) Rounds 2 & 3

Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus) Vs. Mew2King (Metaknight) Rounds 1 and 2
Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus) Vs. Mew2King (Metaknight) Round 3

Azen (Marth/Diddy) Vs. DieSuperFly (Metaknight) Rounds 1 and 2
Azen (Diddy) Vs. DieSuperFly (Metaknight) Round 3

Mew2King (Metaknight) Vs. Azen (Lucario) Round 1
Mew2King (Metaknight) Vs. Azen (Diddy) Rounds 2 & 3

Candy (Snake/Metaknight) Vs. Chillin (DDD/Falco)

Candy (Snake) Vs. Forte (Metaknight)

DieSuperFly (Snake) Vs. Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)

Kornnnnn~ (Metaknight) Vs. Candy (Snake)

NinjaLink (Diddy) Vs. Chillin (Falco) Round 1
NinjaLink (Diddy) Vs. Chillin (Falco) Round 2

Lobos (Toon Link) Vs. Candy (Snake)

Kornnnnn~ (Metaknight) Vs. Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus) Round 1
Kornnnnn~ (Snake/Metaknight) Vs. Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus) Rounds 2 & 3

Okin (Lucas) Vs. Lobos (Toon Link)

Slikvik (Mr. Game & Watch) Vs. Azen (Marth/Lucario)

G-Regulate (Snake) Vs. Boss (Mario) Round 1

G-Regulate (Snake) Vs. Boss (Luigi) Rounds 2 & 3

Seibrik (DDD) Vs. Chillin (Falco) Round 1
Seibrik (DDD) Vs. Chillin (Falco) Round 2

Kadaj (Marth) Vs. Boss (Mario)

Kadaj (Marth) Vs. Koi (Pit/Diddy)

Mew2King (Black Metaknight) Vs. Plank (White Metaknight) -->thanks Mister E for the replay

MONEY MATCH
Azen Vs. Candy - Wolf Ditto for $1

FRIENDLY
FALCON DITTOOOOO - NinjaLink Vs. G-Regulate <----last combo is amazing @_@

TEAMS

Grand Finals
Mew2King/DieSuperFly Vs. D3 Runs C3 (G-Regulate/Seibrik) Rounds 1 & 2
Mew2King/DieSuperFly Vs. D3 Runs C3 (G-Regulate/Seibrik) Round 3

Losers Finals
D3 Runs C3 (G-Regulate/Seibrik) Vs. Groom Blue (Azen/Chillin) Rounds 1 & 2
D3 Runs C3 (G-Regulate/Seibrik) Vs. Groom Blue (Azen/Chillin) Round 3
D3 Runs C3 (G-Regulate/Seibrik) Vs. Groom Blue (Azen/Chillin) Rounds 4 & 5

Winners Finals
Not played on the recording setup.
M2K/DSF beat Groom Blue.

WALL-E & The Samurai (Kadaj/toasty) Vs. D3 Runs C3 (G-Reg/Seibrik) Rounds 1 & 2
WALL-E & The Samurai (Kadaj/toasty) Vs. D3 Runs C3 (G-Reg/Seibrik) Round 3

Anything Alcoholic (Neo/Plank) Vs. WALL-E & The Samurai (Kadaj/toasty--R.O.B.)
^first match is complete obliteration >_<

Bride Red (Chudat/Forte) Vs. Anything Alcoholic (Neo/Plank)

We Throw Our **** (Lobos/GameDragonX) Vs. Bride Red (Chudat/Forte) Rounds 1 & 2
We Throw Our **** (Lobos/GameDragonX) Vs. Bride Red (Chudat/Forte) Round 3

Pro Team (Kuja/ProBrawler) Vs. Team Dycer (Shinku/Mario Luigi)

Team Dycer (Shinku/Mario 'n' Luigi) Vs. Too Slik (Thumbswayup/Slikvik) Round 1
Team Dycer (Shinku/Mario'n'Luigi) Vs. Too Slik (Thumbswayup/Slikvik) Rounds 2 & 3

Pancake Time (Hova/Meepxzero) Vs. Too Slik (Thumbswayup/Slikvik)

Holy Hell (Duo/Mitsurugi) Vs. WALL-E & The Samurai (Kadaj/toasty)

D3 Runs C3 (G-Regulate/Seibrik) Vs. Bride Red (Chudat/Forte) Rounds 1 & 2
D3 Runs C3 (G-Regulate/Seibrik) Vs. Bride Red (Chudat/Forte) Round 3

Mario Beats His Snake (Boss/Candy) Vs. D3 Runs C3 (G-Regulate/Seibrik) Rounds 1 & 2
Mario Beats His Snake (Boss/Candy) Vs. D3 Runs C3 (G-Regulate/Seibrik) Round 3

More to come...

M15t3R E

Smash Master
NL was coughing his lungs out and probably had his eyes watering up as he proceeded to gimp M2K's Meta Knight.
Daayyuuuuuuumm!

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Avoiding the hump, if I'm correct, is easy. But it's a grab. If you Grab Release it you can FSJ for the gimp.

The FSJ is unavoidable I believe.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
It's indeed a grab with its own pummels that can be executed midair.
I would presume it's inescapable, for a period of time.

M2K- is it inescapable until the Diddy purposely lets go, or can you break out of it after a few seconds or so?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Let me rephrase what I said.

The Diddy Hump move is avoidable, as in AirDodge.

The Combo is Getting the Hump, Grab Releasing(Letting them break out of it) than Footstool Jumping for the FSJ Spike effect.

So Thumps was talking about avoiding the original attack that starts it. And The inescapable part, I believe is when you let them break out and than FSJ them.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure you can't get out of it once he latches onto you. Just never put yourself in that situation, like ever. Diddy's forward b is tricky, it does some cool stuff to other characters also. If you break free of the forward b with Snake while your in your copter you lose your up b. lol most people don't know that.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The set between NL and M2K was intense stuff >.<
Props to both of you <3

It's one thing to talk Diddy theory, but to see all of his hax come into play like that is a real spectacle.

Watching M2K hunt NL down on some of those stocks was amazing though.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ya sometimes I get on a roll, randomly. Do you think bananas change the momentum of the game? I feel like if he has banana control he has momentum and I just get *****, but otherwise I can fight back well. I should up B less, I get ***** for it. Tornado's overrated also, it only ***** bad people or large characters. Just block it and angle your shield up and I get *****.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah they definitely change the momentum. Sometimes I'll deal 60% on the stage nonstop once I get the bananas where I want them, but it also works in the opponents favor. For instance, I was money matching Chillin's Snake during that tourny and he got a banana to f tilt to banana to f tilt combo on me lol. Once you have them set up right you can do an endless amount of things if you're smart about it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
lol i think thats a big exaggeration, or at least i don't think that will ever happen at any point in this game's lifetime. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though. Chillin told me about the F tilt thing in person though, but I don't see why that would work

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
ya sometimes I get on a roll, randomly. Do you think bananas change the momentum of the game? I feel like if he has banana control he has momentum and I just get *****, but otherwise I can fight back well.
Yeah for sure. I find MK's have an awkward time trying to gain control of grounded bananas. Even in one of those matches you tried to pick up a banana and slipped on it between stocks (Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me :laugh:)

Bananas are an amazing projectile, probably one of the best combo devices in the game, but can also lock down the stage and make approaches unsafe. Add to that the fact that the peanut gun goes in an arc, and your approaches become limited.

But then, if you separate Diddy from the nanas, he's going to have a hell of a time regaining momentum, especially against MK.

: 0

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
why has this thread become a 'How to beat NLs tactics' thread. Mad wrong.
And yea i felt like dyin. The flu got me beat.

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol yikes. well you can get out of foward b... after mad wiggling lol and i see m2k said mk is not a 9ay character lol? congrats to m2k, nl and snake.... the outta staters lol.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
lol yikes. well you can get out of foward b... after mad wiggling lol and i see m2k said mk is not a 9ay character lol? congrats to m2k, nl and snake.... the outta staters lol.
get OUTTA here. Even if he does shake out he'll still get footstooled. MK gets ***** by grab release so hes screwed either way.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
M2k that shizz was amazing lmao best post you've ever made. I'm proud of your comedic performance.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Excellent set from both players. I remember the SBR analysis of Diddy made mention that he's a momentum character and this really shows me why.

Congrats to Ninjalink, it's definitely making Diddy look better as potentially even with MK.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I think the most interesting thing to be learned from this (as some have been saying) is momentum. EL touched on it in his latest article, and it really showed here. Both players were very good at maintaining their momentum once they gained it. The matches moved in a very streaky manner, with one player clearly in control most of the time. NL would go crazy with his moves, and then M2K eventually found a hole and struck back. I've never seen any Brawl video that has so little time spent in neutral state.

Top Bottom